Page 229 of 294 FirstFirst ... 129179219225226227228229230231232233239279 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,435 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ... a handful of letters were placed in the care of a stalwart soul as they set out upon the cosmic winds. Their purpose ? To summon the might of Universe 15's most powerful heroes in the hopes that they might save a world; but from what I hear you ask ?

Well ... you're about to find out, so shaddup.

~~~~~

On a dark and stormy night, an ethereal visitor arrived on Earth. Cloaked in shadow it had come for a singular purpose and possessed of an adamantine resolve it meant to deliver the letters it had carried across the cosmos, and rally the greatest heroes the Universe had ever seen !

Of course, unknown to our guest; in the centuries since it had been given its herculean task, much had changed ... Including the heroes ... of course the Visitor didn't know any of this. So with its task so nearly complete, the Stygian Guest held the letters aloft; and as it chanted its queer couplet upon the wind the letters rose up into the glow of the full moon and one, by one, by one ... they vanished. Arriving in a mystical and SPOOKY flash at the bedside of the Universe 15's most questionable strongest heroes, and allies !

And should they read the letter in question, a simple missive.

And so our story begins here !
    Galaxy Police:Earth HQ

"Sir!" N-Ten reported scrambling to the lieutenant's desk. "You've got a special invite!" she proclaimed, waving a paper in her arms, Blizzar simply sitting still, his eyes moving as it swayed back and forth.

"I certainly hope you haven't been reading my mail..." He sighed after a minute.

"Sorry!" N-Ten apologized quickly. "The envelop eas loose and I couldn't help but take a peek!"

"Well, don't simply wave ot around, let me see it," Blizzar sat up as N-Ten replied, hovering over his shoulder as he read the contents of the letter. The Arcosian gave her a withering glance but otherwise said nothing as he browsed the invitation's contents.

"Well, if that isn't isn't the strangest coincidence!" P-Sta exclaimed, followed by his and N-Ten's other two siblings. "I've got a similar invite, sir! I haven't bothered to read mine yet! Far too much work to catch up on, I'm afraid!" P-Sta beamed proudly. "What's the invite for? An award ceremony in recognition for your bravery on the field?!"

"An invite to an intergalactic gladiatorial brawl?" X-Bo chimed in, hopefully.

"Perhaps a mathletics competition?" P-Cee asked with interest.

"No, no, and no..." Blizzar shrugfed, handing P-Sta the invite to read. "Just some foolish invitation to se foolish planet, I've barely even heard of. Nothing I feel the need to waste my time on, surely."

"Hmm, Phantasmogoria?" P-Sta chuckled, taking a look at the invite . "Sounds like the name of some spooky mansion run by a creepy old timer guarding his treasure trove of gold and valuables!" the officer laughed, turning to face Blizzar. "I agree, it's not someth-....uh...Lieutenant? ...Where'd you go?" He asked the chair that once held the Squadron' superior officer, now swiveling around, the only clue to it's former occupant even being there in the first place being the dust cloud in the shape of Blizzar briefly seen dashing out the door.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Later Qaztoh enters the courtroom with Nadila and Nadila's father. Qaztoh and Nadila take their seats as the Court trial starts. Nadila gives her father a cold stare. " Don't you dare botch this up, old man," Nadila said.
    OT: for Cleric
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After a moment of quiet, "Ah'd been gone from home for a long time. When ah finally returned, ah got the feeling that, as grateful as ah am for the knowledge an training they gave me, it hadn't been enough. Or maybe it was somethin else. When ah came back, ah felt like ah had left them behind. Maybe ah had, but what does that say about my Clan? We were pushed real hard as kids, trainin constantly, as if ....." Dash trailed off, "as if they had lost somethin and were tryin to find it. When you grow up in a insulated environemt, you lose out on so much more, maybe even lose some of yourself. The Village Elders know about the Spirits, but they didn't understand them. They didn't know anythin more than a few legends."

"Ah think one of my ancestors knew about flyin, but that knowledge got lost when the Horse Clan split in two. That's why we have two villages instead of one. My side of the Clan has been reaching fro the sky, but never quite got there til ah learned it an showed them it was possible. The other side of the Clan preferred to remain on the ground. My side was more air and water, the other side, the other village, was more earth and fire. Kinda dumb to fight over somethin like that. Ah think that feud has been long forgotten, and now it doesn't matter so much anymore. Still, so much time and progress was lost over it."

Dash smirked, "My side of the clan was called the Pony Clan, originally as a slur or insult to imply we were lesser in some way. Over the years we took it as a badge of honor. There was nothin we couldn't do, an if that meant occasionally trying something new all the better."

She then went quiet again before speaking, "Ah'm sorry if ah'm rambling. It's been a while since ah had anyone to talk to who understood what to meant to be part of soemthin like this."
    Barlon nods as he dishes out some soup and fresh bread for the two of them.

“Legacy. It is hard to live up to it. Protecting the Bear Shrine and honoring its past hasn’t always been easy. But, with my brother and his kids, it’s easy to keep my chin up and soldier on.”

He slides a book towards her.

“It’s an old journal. I found it about a year back when I started looking further into the history of the Chimera School. It dates to just after one of the Bear style survivors hid herself and started up the Horse style and Horse clan. I don’t know why, but I was drawn to it. Part of it seems written in a cipher or code. Maybe it’s supposed to be yours.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Astonishing Member

A long long time ago, in a galaxy far far away ... a handful of letters were placed in the care of a stalwart soul as they set out upon the cosmic winds. Their purpose ? To summon the might of Universe 15's most powerful heroes in the hopes that they might save a world; but from what I hear you ask ?

~~~~~

On a dark and stormy night, an ethereal visitor arrived on Earth. Cloaked in shadow it had come for a singular purpose and possessed of an adamantine resolve it meant to deliver the letters it had carried across the cosmos, and rally the greatest heroes the Universe had ever seen !

Of course, unknown to our guest; in the centuries since it had been given its herculean task, much had changed ... Including the heroes ... of course the Visitor didn't know any of this. So with its task so nearly complete, the Stygian Guest held the letters aloft; and as it chanted its queer couplet upon the wind the letters rose up into the glow of the full moon and one, by one, by one ... they vanished. Arriving in a mystical and SPOOKY flash at the bedside of the Universe 15's most questionable strongest heroes, and allies !

And so our story begins here !
    The Nevadian sipped a red liquid from a goblet as he examined the contents of the letter. He stood on a great balcony, the full moon shining brilliantly, allowing him to read the invite with little effort.

"Well...." I suppose I did promise to push myself more", he murmured to himself, recalling the exhaustion he had endured as he beat Incenio into Acrosian paste, time, and time again, only to exhaust himself against the near immortal being. It was a flaw that he had every intention to rectify.

"And it has been too long since I've heard the people sing my praises....A feast in my honor would cheer me up a bit, I suppose."

The slight clopping of hooves, followed by a great mass landing upon the floor could be heard.

"And what of your duty to vanquish the wicked, and safeguard the pure?" His Unicorn companion asked, lazing majestically on the balcony beside him, "Are these not rewards in and of themselves?"

The Nevadian gave no response.

"And..." Crazy Horn continued, sighing greatly, "They did mention riches and glory...I do not see why you would need such things, as you have earned enough of both to fulfill several lifetimes, but alas, we all have our flaws..."

"So, we're agreed then, eh?" Held replied, folding the letter and placing it into his tunic, "We'll set course first thing in the morning."

He took another sip of wine, looking at the moonlit sky.

"I know it's selfish, but...It would be a shame to waste a moment like this, eh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Barlon nods as he dishes out some soup and fresh bread for the two of them.

“Legacy. It is hard to live up to it. Protecting the Bear Shrine and honoring its past hasn’t always been easy. But, with my brother and his kids, it’s easy to keep my chin up and soldier on.”

He slides a book towards her.

“It’s an old journal. I found it about a year back when I started looking further into the history of the Chimera School. It dates to just after one of the Bear style survivors hid herself and started up the Horse style and Horse clan. I don’t know why, but I was drawn to it. Part of it seems written in a cipher or code. Maybe it’s supposed to be yours.”
    The food can wait, Dash's focus is on the journal. Accepting it with a grateful thanks, she noticeably inhales as she opens it up. Her eyes light up as she realizes that the journal belonged to Elainia, the Matriarch of the Horse Clan. From Legends, and from her experience in the Room of Memories in the Temple of Iris, she knew that the Clan had a Matriarch, Elainia, and a Patriarch, Gris.

The Clan's collective memory didn't extend beyond the beginnings of the School. Before meeting Barlon, there was no knowledge of where Elainia and Gris had come from, of who they were. Perhaps, within the pages of this journal Dash might finally find out more about them, and perhaps even about the Spirits.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Sasheem, Balon, And Zaofan eventually land on an uninhabited island far into the middle of the ocean.

Samson breathes in deeply, eyes scanning the beach.

“I haven’t been here in decades. The smell, the feel......something is here. Spread out, let’s see what we can find. Hopefully Ochazuke will join us soon.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4656595

"Wait, The fake guardian here Zykona is a Konatsian. Hey Althena, Could this Zerx person who froze you 2,000 years ago. Have a connection with this Zerxes being you mention?" Praxat said.

"Possibly, if he does, then his plan is most likely to free Zerxes, and his generals," Althena said.

" By the way, Craxat. Cyanna is the one who helped us get here," Praxat said.

" I see, so that means grandmother is still hasn't fixing the portal," Craxat said.

Later Praxat introduces Althena and Cyanna to the rest of her family in a meeting room. Hello, there strangers I'm Araxat. It's nice to meet you," Araxat said.

"Are you the aid that my granddaughter Praxat has got to help liberate our kingdom?" Araxat said.

Araxat is wearing mad scientist get-up. With almost her entire face being mask by a large red scarf and black shades. Her right arm is mechanical and looks highly advance. Next to her is a male Toadian with blue skin and white spots about 3-foot tall wearing a dress suit," This war could get nasty strangers, so I suggest you eat to conserve your energy," the male Toadian said.

" Eli is right, you strangers should eat before going into battle," Araxat said.

A female Toadian with skin color green with white spots and red eyes standing next to Eli. Sits down." My parents are right, It is a good idea for you strangers to eat first. Sraxat be a dear and whip up some food," the female Toadian said.

A female Toadian with green skin, red spots, and orange eyes wearing a chef attire takes out a cookbook from her right pocket." The Toadian walks next to Cyanna," I whip up a dish using non-toxic ingredients, for you stranger," Sraxat said.

" Cyanna, the one with the green skin with white spots and red eyes is my mother Uraxat," Praxat said.

A female Toadian with psychedelic color skin rainbow color spots wearing a punkish style clothing points at Cyanna." Wow, you're a Chromakai, and your clothing looks so cool," the female Toadian said.

" Cyanna, the ridiculous color one is my sister Draxat," Praxat said.

"**** you Praxy, I'm not ridiculously. I'm unique. I stand out!" Draxat said.

" I agree with Praxy, you do look a bit ridiculous Draxat," a female Toadian said.

"Shut the hell up, Nraxat, you wouldn't know style if it bit you in the ass," Draxat said.

" Mom, where's Fraxat?" Praxat said.

" Oh, your sister Fraxat is in your grandmother's lab getting fix. she's in critical condition," Uraxat said.

" Yeah, Fraxat had a nasty run-in with a Replita and would have almost been killed with I had not intervened and saved her. Now I'm doing the best I kind to fix her, but it might take a long time," Araxat said.

From Araxat, Cyanna would get the sense that something was off about her. Something ominous.
    OT: For Tami.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4656595

"Wait, The fake guardian here Zykona is a Konatsian. Hey Althena, Could this Zerx person who froze you 2,000 years ago. Have a connection with this Zerxes being you mention?" Praxat said.

"Possibly, if he does, then his plan is most likely to free Zerxes, and his generals," Althena said.

" By the way, Craxat. Cyanna is the one who helped us get here," Praxat said.

" I see, so that means grandmother is still hasn't fixing the portal," Craxat said.

Later Praxat introduces Althena and Cyanna to the rest of her family in a meeting room. Hello, there strangers I'm Araxat. It's nice to meet you," Araxat said.

"Are you the aid that my granddaughter Praxat has got to help liberate our kingdom?" Araxat said.

Araxat is wearing mad scientist get-up. With almost her entire face being mask by a large red scarf and black shades. Her right arm is mechanical and looks highly advance. Next to her is a male Toadian with blue skin and white spots about 3-foot tall wearing a dress suit," This war could get nasty strangers, so I suggest you eat to conserve your energy," the male Toadian said.

" Eli is right, you strangers should eat before going into battle," Araxat said.

A female Toadian with skin color green with white spots and red eyes standing next to Eli. Sits down." My parents are right, It is a good idea for you strangers to eat first. Sraxat be a dear and whip up some food," the female Toadian said.

A female Toadian with green skin, red spots, and orange eyes wearing a chef attire takes out a cookbook from her right pocket." The Toadian walks next to Cyanna," I whip up a dish using non-toxic ingredients, for you stranger," Sraxat said.

" Cyanna, the one with the green skin with white spots and red eyes is my mother Uraxat," Praxat said.

A female Toadian with psychedelic color skin rainbow color spots wearing a punkish style clothing points at Cyanna." Wow, you're a Chromakai, and your clothing looks so cool," the female Toadian said.

" Cyanna, the ridiculous color one is my sister Draxat," Praxat said.

"**** you Praxy, I'm not ridiculously. I'm unique. I stand out!" Draxat said.

" I agree with Praxy, you do look a bit ridiculous Draxat," a female Toadian said.

"Shut the hell up, Nraxat, you wouldn't know style if it bit you in the ass," Draxat said.

" Mom, where's Fraxat?" Praxat said.

" Oh, your sister Fraxat is in your grandmother's lab getting fix. she's in critical condition," Uraxat said.

" Yeah, Fraxat had a nasty run-in with a Replita and would have almost been killed with I had not intervened and saved her. Now I'm doing the best I kind to fix her, but it might take a long time," Araxat said.

From Araxat, Cyanna would get the sense that something was off about her. Something ominous.
    If it wasn't for the fact that she was surrounded by so many Toadians, her mouth would have run off with questions. As it were, there was only one question she asked, "Excuse me, but may I see Fraxat? Perhaps I can help her."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

~~~~~

Thunder boomed, heralding the flash of lightning that cracked the blackened skies over Capital City. The storm tonight was something fierce as the winds whipped themselves into a frenzy and bucketfuls of rain slammed down on all below. Objects light enough to become victims of the elements were tossed and turned until most of them ended up floating down the riptide of the gutters. It was here that a balled-up piece of paper, discarded either through careless indifference or spite, drifted towards its inevitable end of descending through the city's sewer grates and into the abyss. A muddied boot changed the course of its destiny, acting as a soiled leather dam to the rushing gutter water.

A hand-bound in gauze plucked up the wad of soaked paper and carefully opened it, revealing its contents of blurry ink.

Greetings, Charco!

We come to you humbly for aid concerning a matter most pressing !

A host of fell creatures from the Shadowlands hath descended upon our peaceful populace and without the strength to withstand their hellish assault we find ourselves at risk for our very lives ! Should you choose to accept, simply make haste to Phantasmagoria ! ... and should you prove capable of stopping the Shadowland Invasion, glory, riches, and a weeks long feast in your honor will be the LEAST we can do to show our endless gratitude.

Sincerely,

The Guardian of Phantasmagoria
    This unintended recipient of the missive, a tall, lurching figure obscured in a dark raincoat and bandages, was not the "Charco" the sender wished. Unfortunately, that would not deter them, as they carefully folded the note and slipped it into a pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Rex's inspection of the surrounding yielded the signs of battle. Claw marks, footprints, the lingering smell of blood...both human and something else. The feeling of being watched intensified by the minute.

Engrevain shakes his head. "More often then I'd like...but my condition is of no concern as long as I can see my work done. Let us proceed as quicky...."

The group moved into the cave cautiously, the most armed of the Morgans acting as a vanguard while another group brought up the rear....and Rex and Engrevain at the center. While it seemed more strategically sound to have Rex take the lead...Engrevain seemed unwilling to bother him with a task, or rather...wanted him close in case the expendable forces were used up.

The old man eyed the tunnels ahead with hesitation, expecting a horde of monsters to leap from the shadows the moment they stepped inside.....Morgans held their weapons at the ready, a dozen magical projectile weapons aimed ahead as they pushed slowly inside.

Yet they seemed to proceed unhindered for a time.....following the cave network deeper and deeper into the earth, until finally they emerged into a large cavern somewhere below.

Before them was a massive cavern, a terminus of multiple cave systems that had been seemingly dug out from the inside. At its heart was a what could only be described as a massive hive, one that descended into the depths and rose to the ceiling of the cavern. Engrevain glanced around the cavern, eyeing the structure before him, and turned his attention to Rex with the intent to speak.....and intent that was cut off by a shout from the rear.

Coming down the tunnel behind them was a swarm of the mutant-dinos akin to the one encountered at the base camp. Hundreds of them streamed down and smashed against the rear guard with a cacophony of gurgling screams....roars muffled as though they were underwater.
    Whether or not these creatures considering him a threat or prey was irrelevant; they would seek the weak, frail old man and his puppets first before bothering him. Those thoughts carried the certainty of knowing how these creatures think because he had been much like them as a hatchling. The signs of conflict at the campsite lacked any apparent cunning of a creature who thought beyond primal instincts, leaving him with only the worries of ensuring the old man did not die; a self-imposed task placed against himself if only to have a convenient human nearby to yell at.

As expected, the party mirrored Engrevain's anxiety as they pointed their weapons at each and every shadow they passed, quickly eroding at his patience as they trekked into the center of the mountain. Eventually, they would find signs of the nest these warped creatures called home. Worn away from generations of movement and dwelling, the beasts had unintentionally shaped the stone to suit their needs, leaving a bizarre honeycomb pattern in the cavern walls. The human, no doubt preparing to unleash another diatribe of child-like pondering over the structure, was cut short as they were ambushed.

To be fair, the old man and his puppets should have expected this after wandering into the hive.

"It's time to prove the worth of your dolls, old man." Rex callously said as the rear guard fought desperately against the tide of twisted raptors, content to cross his arms over his scaley chest and watch.

Default Time, ???

OT: Gonna fold it into post-Death & Rebirth if that's okay, Cleric. If not can always edit to have it happen just after the Summit

It is a strange magic. One she has not encountered before. It’s uniqueness works a bit against Alakazah here, as it’s trail is easier to follow.

Far, far away. On the other side of the planet, on some sort of....island? Some sort of magical point lay there.
    Grinthorn’s eyes flash and the world falls away until only the two of them remain.

An a terrible presence looms behind and all around the shadow form. One so vast it seemed to make the Earth seem small. Weather the manifestation was real or an illusion, no one could tell. But every magic user on the planet gets a nose bleed from the sheer scale of the magic presence unleashed here.

Alakazah, Eldfen, the true form of the First wishing dragon ever made.
    Inanna had not forgotten the island.

Neither had she forgotten what she'd felt -- as Ishtar -- when Eldfen had revealed itself in full, the sheer magical pressure of its existence enough to cause all the magic users to sense it, a nosebleed; and a taste of magic older than the Universe itself ... and such was the state of her curiosity that, even knowing it was dangerous for her to come here alone ?

Inanna had, all the same. To find out what Eldfen had hidden.

Touching down on the island, and furling her wings, the golden-eyed woman scanned the area to see if his presence still lingered.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

OT: Gonna fold it into post-Death & Rebirth if that's okay, Cleric. If not can always edit to have it happen just after the Summit

Inanna had not forgotten the island.

Neither had she forgotten what she'd felt -- as Ishtar -- when Eldfen had revealed itself in full, the sheer magical pressure of its existence enough to cause all the magic users to sense it, a nosebleed; and a taste of magic older than the Universe itself ... and such was the state of her curiosity that, even knowing it was dangerous for her to come here alone ?

Inanna had, all the same. To find out what Eldfen had hidden.

Touching down on the island, and furling her wings, the golden-eyed woman scanned the area to see if his presence still lingered.
    Sarada had made a promise to investigate what Grinthorn was doing on that island Inanna told her about during the summit. While her duties as Queen prevented her from carrying out that promise right then and there when the summit was over, she had every intention on going back. He had split himself into two after Eva culled his power and lessened his influence. Surely, he wasn't just curled in a ball waiting for the big, scary aliens to go home before peaking his head out to make sure the coast was clear.

When Inanna told her she was returning to Earth to investigate, Sarada dropped what she was doing and tagged along.

She landed some feet away from her love. She had become more adept at using the magecraft side of Parsley's skillset, but not to the point that she would be as useful as her sister would. Alas, there was nothing she could do about that. She did what she could. "Muda," she muttered before scanning the island for any trace of magical energy.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The island is....quiet.

Peaceful.

The only thing of note was a farmhouse next to a wheat field and small garden, a few horses and cows in a pen nearby.

And Grinthorn.

The President stands in the field, working a hoe. His sleeves rolled up, his face set in a determined face as he hums a small tune to himself.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    If it wasn't for the fact that she was surrounded by so many Toadians, her mouth would have run off with questions. As it were, there was only one question she asked, "Excuse me, but may I see Fraxat? Perhaps I can help her."
    Araxat goes over to Cyanna, and touches her on her right shoulder." Sure you can, Chromakai. I'll take you to her," Araxat said.

" I'm going too I want to check on my sister Fraxat," Praxat said.

" My, I also see this Fraxat," Althena asked.

Araxat takes Praxat, Cyanna, and Althena to her mobile laboratory. Inside would be highly advanced and highly impressive technology. " Fraxat is in the back. Oh, and whatever you do," Araxat said.

" Stay out of the stuff in the back. The back of my lab is where I do my top secret projects," Araxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The island is....quiet.

Peaceful.

The only thing of note was a farmhouse next to a wheat field and small garden, a few horses and cows in a pen nearby.

And Grinthorn.

The President stands in the field, working a hoe. His sleeves rolled up, his face set in a determined face as he hums a small tune to himself.
    That... wasn't what she had been expecting. What she thought she and Inanna would find, she wasn't sure, but it wasn't this. Not the President of the world tending to farmland while living on a modest property by himself. What do we do? she asked Inanna silently.

She wanted to confront him, but it could have been a trap. Damn it; if she could focus as acutely as Parsley could, she could have spied for traps. Instead, she was going to have to go in blind. She took a tentative step forward and started walking toward him.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!