Page 231 of 294 FirstFirst ... 131181221227228229230231232233234235241281 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,465 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Who am I?" the words echoed in her mind as she considered what to say. With a slight, brief bow of respect, she replied, "I am Cyanna, a friend of Charco.' Her tone was serious, yet sad, "I have news about him, it's not good news I'm afraid."
    A small head peeked out from the hut, "Charco?!" she cheerfully chirped, but the older woman looked back to the girl, "Go back inside, Hibachi." Hibachi first appeared to make an attempt to protest but clearly seemed to decide against it as she slunk back into the hut.

Zippa paused, steeling herself before returning to Cyanna, "So... Cyanna, what happened to my grandson?"

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A small head peeked out from the hut, "Charco?!" she cheerfully chirped, but the older woman looked back to the girl, "Go back inside, Hibachi." Hibachi first appeared to make an attempt to protest but clearly seemed to decide against it as she slunk back into the hut.

Zippa paused, steeling herself before returning to Cyanna, "So... Cyanna, what happened to my grandson?"
    "I assume you know something about Rex?" She asked hesitantly, not certain how else to explain it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"I assume you know something about Rex?" She asked hesitantly, not certain how else to explain it.
    Zippa gave a sharp inhale before giving out a long sigh, "Yes I do... your coming here has only confirmed what I have been dreading." Her hand rose, fingertips brushing against the worn leather of her eye patch.

"Rex has assimilated Charco... but his body has not been laid to rest yet." Her words were growing darker as anger began to seep into them, "I will have to speak to Eva about this later."

Zippa gave a sharp inhale before giving out a long sigh, "Yes I do... your coming here has only confirmed what I have been dreading." Her hand rose, fingertips brushing against the worn leather of her eye patch.

"Rex has assimilated Charco... but his body has not been laid to rest yet." Her words were growing darker as anger began to seep into them, "I will have to speak to Eva about this later."
    "I..." Cyanna bit her lower lip, then speaking quietly, "was told that Charco, maybe, possibly, hasn't been fully assimilated...?" Her eyes were slightly shiny from moisture as she spoke.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Araxat goes over to Cyanna, and touches her on her right shoulder." Sure you can, Chromakai. I'll take you to her," Araxat said.

" I'm going too I want to check on my sister Fraxat," Praxat said.

" My, I also see this Fraxat," Althena asked.

Araxat takes Praxat, Cyanna, and Althena to her mobile laboratory. Inside would be highly advanced and highly impressive technology. " Fraxat is in the back. Oh, and whatever you do," Araxat said.

" Stay out of the stuff in the back. The back of my lab is where I do my top secret projects," Araxat said.
    In the back of Araxat mobile Lab Praxat, Cyanna and Althena would see a Toadian with green, purple spots, and dark grey eyes in a stasis tube, Cyanna, Althena, something isn't right. Fraxat's body doesn't seem to be in critical condition!" Praxat said.

Praxat uses the Luue rays of her X-ray mod to examine Fraxat's brain." Cyanna, Althena, according to my X-ray mod. Fraxat was lobotomized," Praxat said.

" Who could have done such a thing? Althena, can you look into Fraxat's memories, please. I need to know what happen to my sister," Praxat said.

Althena looks into Fraxat memories and sees something that makes her skin turn a deep blue."( Why, why she do that to her own grandchild? What is wrong with her? ( Althena thought.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4636836

Althena places her right hand on Praxat right shoulder." Praxat, I don't know how to say this. It was your grandmother who did this to Fraxat. I saw her memories, I saw your grandmother blast your sister with a beam of energy from her mechanical arm," Althena said.

" Your sister appeared to be in love with a Replita named Grumlock. In her memories, I saw your grandmother lift this Replita in the air without even touching him and saw her take him out with the utmost ease. Your grandmother also referred to herself as an Intoadian, whatever that is?" Althena said.

Praxat gets on the ground and starts punching the floor repeatedly as her skin turns blue." How could she, how the **** could she do this to Fraxat? Just who in the hell is my grandmother?" Praxat said.

"Cyanna, Althena, please help Fraxat," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

In the back of Araxat mobile Lab Praxat, Cyanna and Althena would see a Toadian with green, purple spots, and dark grey eyes in a stasis tube, Cyanna, Althena, something isn't right. Fraxat's body doesn't seem to be in critical condition!" Praxat said.

Praxat uses the Luue rays of her X-ray mod to examine Fraxat's brain." Cyanna, Althena, according to my X-ray mod. Fraxat was lobotomized," Praxat said.

" Who could have done such a thing? Althena, can you look into Fraxat's memories, please. I need to know what happen to my sister," Praxat said.

Althena looks into Fraxat memories and sees something that makes her skin turn a deep blue."( Why, why she do that to her own grandchild? What is wrong with her? ( Althena thought.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post4636836

Althena places her right hand on Praxat right shoulder." Praxat, I don't know how to say this. It was your grandmother who did this to Fraxat. I saw her memories, I saw your grandmother blast your sister with a beam of energy from her mechanical arm," Althena said.

" Your sister appeared to be in love with a Replita named Grumlock. In her memories, I saw your grandmother lift this Replita in the air without even touching him and saw her take him out with the utmost ease. Your grandmother also referred to herself as an Intoadian, whatever that is?" Althena said.

Praxat gets on the ground and starts punching the floor repeatedly as her skin turns blue." How could she, how the **** could she do this to Fraxat? Just who in the hell is my grandmother?" Praxat said.

"Cyanna, Althena, please help Fraxat," Praxat said.
    "You said she was lobotomized. I don't think anyone can reverse that level of damage."Still, we should get her out of that stasis at the very least." This was beyond anything that Cyanna encountered before.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada was just falling asleep when a startling bolt of light flashed in the middle of their room. She rubbed her eyes blearily. "What the ****?" she grumbled quietly. She noticed that there was a piece of paper on the bedside table that definitely wasn't there when she got in bed. "Getting real tired of being subjected to bullshit."

As she read the note, her mood changed completely. Her spirits lifted. She felt like she had just been handed the keys to a food-filled kingdom. Powerful monsters to fight and a week's long feast when they won. It was almost too good to be true, but Sarada was gullible when hungry and horny. For battle, this time.

She shook Inanna on the shoulder and showed her the note. "Sounds like fun, right? I'm so going!"
    In the midst of a rather lewd dream, involving Sarada and what they had managed to figure out thanks to the wonderful -- if unholy -- magic she had created specifically for lewds; Inanna's response to being shaken awake was a groggy and softly whispered: "... titties."

"Maybe Inanna knows of it? She's been all over."

"Perhaps. If she does, then I'll convince my wife to come with us."

"Great!" Sarada flashed a thumbs up and ran back to her bedroom to ask Inanna about Phantasmagoria.
    Inanna did indeed know of it when Sarada came to ask, though she was unaware of any of the trouble that was described in the note. The last time she'd been there after all, it had been one of yet another handful of verdant worlds; with a rather peaceful populace of varied species and a set of rather curious customs. Though it was odd that everyone had seemingly received the same letter ... with only the name being different. There was also, one other thing.

"Should check with the others," she muttered, still half-awake. "Road trip ..."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Hmm, Phantasmogoria?" P-Sta chuckled, taking a look at the invite . "Sounds like the name of some spooky mansion run by a creepy old timer guarding his treasure trove of gold and valuables!" the officer laughed, turning to face Blizzar. "I agree, it's not someth-....uh...Lieutenant? ...Where'd you go?" He asked the chair that once held the Squadron' superior officer, now swiveling around, the only clue to it's former occupant even being there in the first place being the dust cloud in the shape of Blizzar briefly seen dashing out the door.
    Blizzar will find, should he check the GP Starmap, that there is mention of the planet being not all that far from Earth. In looking further however, he'd find that whatever information had been gathered on the planet itself was well-above his own clearance ... though the signature seemed to simply be a drawing crude drawing of a pumpkin in orange crayon.

He would have to secure other means of finding the location, clearly ...
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Etrina was pouring her glass of juice with a spike of energy caused the glass in her hand to shatter, and all the glass in the pantry.....and the windows. Hurrying out from the room, she found Erosa throwing off a aura of growing power....the kitchen shaking violently from the ever increasing output from the Id. With a snap of her neck, the Id turned to Etrina....crossed the distance between her in an instance and shoved the letters remains in front of her face.

"We go to Phantasmagaoria!" Erosa demanded.

"No." Etrina responded.

The Id did not like this response at all.

After a quick temporal rewind following the utter obliteration of half her home, Etrina was more willing to humor her....at least until she calmed down. With the promise to check with some of her colleagues, likely a dead end all its own, Etrina sighed and braced herself for another sleepless night.
    Should she contact one of the others, Etrina will find that they had also received a map; and that several of them were set on heading to the planet in order to reap in the rewards after what would almost assuredly be an extremely short and violent scuffle. All she needed to do was make her way to Inanna's home in Dusk City, near the Mine ...

Arx Inosaan

This unintended recipient of the missive, a tall, lurching figure obscured in a dark raincoat and bandages, was not the "Charco" the sender wished. Unfortunately, that would not deter them, as they carefully folded the note and slipped it into a pocket.
    Hm ... well that just won't do, thought a figure who sensed that the missive had been received by someone unintended. Though all the same really ... desperate times called for desperate measures. Unsure if this soul was familiar with the heroes however; a nudge would be needed. So with another spell whispered on blustery winds the Stalwart Courier offered the bandaged sewer dweller a subtle nudge ...

"HEY YOU, YEA YOU WITH THE LETTER." a voice boomed. "HEAD TO DUSK CITY."

Arx Inosaan

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Eh..." Erosa inspected the monuments for a moment, then turned back to Zaofan. "If Etrina related to wall...this news to Erosa. Not know people on wall either, but anything possibl~ero"

Erosa looked over at Morgan, in the middle of another explanation, then back to Zaofan.....and the Id neutral mouth grew into a slasher smile. "Ehehehe......Cookman not getting naughty thoughts about new familiar lady right?"
    Zaofan felt a pressure under his collar as his face darkened.

"...n-NO!' Wait a second. Erosa'd touched on something he'd entirely missed. "I-I mean, not that our host isn't gracious, certainly, but you know, there's quite literally magic in the air."

Granted, he'd hardly had an affinity for sorting the who's and whats behinds sorcery and familiars, but they say experience is the greatest of all teachers. Steeling his thoughts with dedication, twin trails of steam shot from his nostrils and fogged the dry, wintry air.

"I think we might agree that, surely, if Ms. Morgan's a familiar like yourself, it must mean whosoever charged her to her task of granting shelter and refuge means she, too, serves a noble mistress."

"The Eld.....I, never got to see one beyond the murals, but the stories about them are as horrible as they come. Lizards, both small and giant, razer sharp teeth, hides like iron. They hunted humans relentlessly.....there wasn't even a reason for it, they just singled us out in particular for some reason." Morgan looked up the mural of the knights. "Avalon exists because we had nowhere else to go....Humans came to the north because it was the only place we thought they wouldn't chase us too, and we lived in the worst conditions imaginably for years before our Queen came."

Morgan turned and pointed to the next mural down the line.

This one depicted many of the knights from the prior mural, locked in combat with what appeared to be a massive beast swarming on all sides by smaller lizards.

".........Our Queen prepared us for the eventuality that the Eld would finally come looking for us......and when they did come.....well...." Morgan motioned to the mural. "They came in a horde that shook the earth...Vortigern's Horde."

The word seemed to react with the mural, giving off an overwhelmingly oppressive feeling form the massive dragon that stood as its centerpiece. "Vortigern was known as the Lord of the North. An Eld of sure brutal savagery that his brethren cowered in his wake. When he crashed against the gates of Amdapor.....it was the first trail Avalon had to endure since its birth. But we were armed with weapons and magic now.....and the Lords were able to subdue Vortigern and banish his kin to the remote borders of Avalon."
    "This Vortigern..." Zaofan paused, looking to the mural for a moment as if his words would've done something as well, before continuing, "sounds like he was quite a pestilence on the land. It's fortunate that the Queen happened to discover the tenants of Magic."

The carved shapes, a mural of violence rent from tooth and claw, arms and armour, seemed uncannily lifelike - especially keen for an aesthetic hundreds of thousands of years old.

"Yours is not the only world to contend with the threat of a Saurian menace." Ochazuke had hardly uttered a word since he'd torn Morgan's hamlet asunder. Even now, his objective remained on the looming peak that gradually came nearer. His eyes narrowed at the sight of that Elder Dragon King standing astride the cold, stony field of scaled figures rendered in permanent frost.

Upon closer examination, Ochazuke can make out the sigil beneath the scratches as well as the others.

No proper meaning can be obtained by each sigil, but perhaps he could glean some information from Cthylla at a later time with them.

It was at this point, the hairs on the back of Ochazukes neck stood up.

Behind him, some distance out into the snowy darkness, a figure turns and vanishes with a stilted, inhuman lurch.
    Ochazuke rest his right hand on the monument, and aided by Arthur's Ring began to survey the deeper matter within the rock, pressing his sensory field into the very environs that bore the inscriptions. The language of magic is more than sigils and brands, its syntax speaks a language meant to wake something within this world. From Etrina's spellcraft, to the metalwork of the First Race welded with Marduk's, and indeed the Guardians' own signature, while the exact methods eluded him, by now his extensive examinations had allowed him to understand its logic.

After a lengthy examination, he suddenly drew his left hand up. The others might have thought it some indication that he'd found something poignant as he stretched out a thumb.

Till the burning red of a Dodonpa struck out behind him, intent on lethally taking their party's stalker.
    Last edited by grampagen; 10-31-2019 at 12:38 AM.

"You said she was lobotomized. I don't think anyone can reverse that level of damage."Still, we should get her out of that stasis at the very least." This was beyond anything that Cyanna encountered before.
    With Cyanna's help, Praxat frees Fraxat from the tube. " I still don't get why my grandmother would do such a horrible thing to Fraxat," Praxat said.

" Well, from her memories. I learn that your sister Fraxat realize there was something wrong with the war happen here. She must have figure out your grandmother was hiding something, so grandmother silenced her," Althena said.

Praxat spots a portal device and examines it." Cyanna, look at this. It's mostly likey the portal that my sister Craxat told me, my grandmother was fixing. However, there's one slight problem with what my grandmother told Craxat," Praxat said.

" There's nothing wrong with this device. It's functioning properly. So not only does my grandmother lobotomized Fraxat. She lies to Craxat, about the portal not working," Praxat said.

"Before we confront your grandmother, It would be wise to know what she's exactly up to, "Althena said.

" Right, and I think there's one person who might know, Killrog. We have to confront him. There's a connection between him and my grandmother I know it," Praxat said.

" Cyanna, I know you felt it too, that ominous psychic aura coming from Araxat," I felt it when we first encounter her!" Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Default Disciples of the Dragon VI: Back to the Place of Beginning

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Sasheem, Balon, And Zaofan eventually land on an uninhabited island far into the middle of the ocean.

Samson breathes in deeply, eyes scanning the beach.

“I haven’t been here in decades. The smell, the feel......something is here. Spread out, let’s see what we can find. Hopefully Ochazuke will join us soon.”
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "So we split up? Cool," Sasheem inquired. "Sasheem can cover more ground without and old man and an oaf slowing him down, anyway..." he cackled...before bowing slightly. "With uh..all due respect."

With that Sasheem masked his ki with the Spider's Blessing and promptly dashed through the ground, taking off.
    Zaofan watched Sasheem envelop himself with that technique that had become quite an annoying signature of his of late - especially when the labours of his ovens needed time to rest. Noone would see him coming, and noone could see where he was going.

"...aaand he's gone." Cradling his staff up over his shoulders in the crooks of his elbows, Zaofan allowed himself, at last, to breathe.

Standing near Master Balon, he scanned his view from the waters behind him to the heart of this place. He'd never set foot on a place like this, and yet there was something quite familiar in the island air roused the heart of his wanderlust. What secrets lie over these hills, across the horizon? He'd left home long ago to chase it. He wanted to know it all! Countless stones unturned and broad fronds folded back, there seemed to be an endless score of things to see, and capricious as he'd been in his youth, he only travelled all the swifter, never settling down for an instant, or else he might miss out, lose part of the experience.

All because he never asked the yearning question that lay deep within his heart.

"Sensei, what it is we should be looking for?"

Default The Search for Aiden Cromwell

Karine & Totoma

The last waystation - GP sanctioned or otherwise - had long since fallen behind them, and by this point they were in the frontier of uncharted space. The hum of the spacecraft engines seemed to settle things into a smooth rhythm, and the idle trill of console computations measured the distant sights of a quieter, more remote cosmos. As the stars sped past them, the only company they had this far from home was the radar.

That is, naturally, besides one another.

How many days had it been? Somehow it seemed the stars grew fewer as they sunk into the inky void.

By all accounts Nevanlinna's coordinates were accurate as the readings on the ship. For a populated star system, that should have been impossible.

Find me.

With Cyanna's help, Praxat frees Fraxat from the tube. " I still don't get why my grandmother would do such a horrible thing to Fraxat," Praxat said.

" Well, from her memories. I learn that your sister Fraxat realize there was something wrong with the war happen here. She must have figure out your grandmother was hiding something, so grandmother silenced her," Althena said.

Praxat spots a portal device and examines it." Cyanna, look at this. It's mostly likey the portal that my sister Craxat told me, my grandmother was fixing. However, there's one slight problem with what my grandmother told Craxat," Praxat said.

" There's nothing wrong with this device. It's functioning properly. So not only does my grandmother lobotomized Fraxat. She lies to Craxat, about the portal not working," Praxat said.

"Before we confront your grandmother, It would be wise to know what she's exactly up to, "Althena said.

" Right, and I think there's one person who might know, Killrog. We have to confront him. There's a connection between him and my grandmother I know it," Praxat said.

" Cyanna, I know you felt it too, that ominous psychic aura coming from Araxat," I felt it when we first encounter her!" Althena said.
    "If there is any chance of saving your sister, she needs serious medical help.' Cyanna turned to Althena, "How good are your healing skills? Can you regenerate missing brain matter? If not, there are others that might be able to."

"Praxat, you and I can go in search of your grandmother and this Killrog character. Althena needs to stay here and try to heal Fraxat as best she can."