Page 256 of 274 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,840 of 4104
  1. #3826
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Using her X-ray mod Praxat examines the traps. " Okay, here are our options. We can either be careful around the traps or just bulldoze our way through them. The traps seem simplistic in nature. So I think we can just bulldoze our way through them," Praxat said.

    "I'm put this to a vote. Rise hands, we bulldoze our way through the traps. No rise hands, we take caution around the traps," Praxat said.

    Althena doesn't raise one of her hands," We should take caution around the traps," Althena said.
    "Or..." Cyanna, acting exceptionally thoughtful for her, "we could try to trigger the traps first, before entering. Send something in and see what happens."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #3827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Or..." Cyanna, acting exceptionally thoughtful for her, "we could try to trigger the traps first, before entering. Send something in and see what happens."
    " Got just the thing," Praxat said. Praxat takes off her goggles and tosses them. The googles hit a hidden switch on the floor that triggers the traps. The traps realize a gas that quickly freezes the surrounding area.

    " Shit, that's not good. There's no way I, Althena, my grandmother, or Killrog could bulldoze our way through that. I don't even think you can bulldoze your way through that, Cyanna, and you're warm-blooded," Praxat said.

    "I may be nearly blind right now, but I can tell that's cryogenic gas. By the way, it's quickly freezing the area. I say it's below the hibernation point," Praxat said.

    " Cyanna, if you don't know what that is. The hibernation point is were Toadians are instantly frozen in place and go into hibernation," Praxat said.

    " If anyone has questions about Zykona, I'm willing to answer them," Araxat said.

  3. #3828
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Got just the thing," Praxat said. Praxat takes off her goggles and tosses them. The googles hit a hidden switch on the floor that triggers the traps. The traps realize a gas that quickly freezes the surrounding area.

    " Shit, that's not good. There's no way I, Althena, my grandmother, or Killrog could bulldoze our way through that. I don't even think you can bulldoze your way through that, Cyanna, and you're warm-blooded," Praxat said.

    "I may be nearly blind right now, but I can tell that's cryogenic gas. By the way, it's quickly freezing the area. I say it's below the hibernation point," Praxat said.

    " Cyanna, if you don't know what that is. The hibernation point is were Toadians are instantly frozen in place and go into hibernation," Praxat said.

    " If anyone has questions about Zykona, I'm willing to answer them," Araxat said.
    "Chromakai, like me, do very well with temperature extremes, but maybe even that might be a little too much. Anyway to tell how deep in this place we have to go to find him? I'd teleport us in, but I don't want to accidentally teleport us into a trap."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #3829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Chromakai, like me, do very well with temperature extremes, but maybe even that might be a little too much. Anyway to tell how deep in this place we have to go to find him? I'd teleport us in, but I don't want to accidentally teleport us into a trap."
    " Hmm, I'll look through the book of Aoem to see if it has an answer," Althena said.

    Althena takes out the book of Aome and reads through it." Okay, it reads here that Zerxes and his generals were sealed away 100 feet deep below the surface," Althena said.

    Althena holds up the book of Aome to show the page, and the page shows a detailed map of the tomb that the group is in. The map shows that many feet below the group is where Zerxes and his generals are being held.

    " I just want to put this out, but Toadians are neither cold-blooded or warm-blooded. Toadians like myself are lukewarm blooded. We are extremely resistant to heat, but only to the temperature, because we basically breathe through our skin. So stuff like smoke effects us heavily," Praxat said.

    " However, we are highly sensitive to cold but not as sensitive to it as Replitas are. Being a subspecies, I believe Intoadians would be the same Lukewarm blooded. Oh, by the way, Toadian blood contains a natural antifreeze. So I can survive being frozen solid," Praxat said.

    " Yeah, living with Lisia's temperatures was dreadful. Honestly, I prefer this hot desert climate. After all, Sufrica is the home of my race," Killrog said.

  5. #3830
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Grap...ple?" Mais repeated, sounding the word out until he could say it right. He didn't know what that was, so he shook his head. "What's that?"

    Sarada, who had been sprinting after him, slowed to a stop when it was apparent he wasn't disrupting anything. Her gait was casual as she approached the group, her eyes shifting from her nephew to Macey, who appeared too enraptured by the grappling contest to pay attention to anything else.

    "Sup?" she greeted Alfredo. "I'm showing my nephew a few things on Earth and figured I visit you and your old man. How's things?"
    Alfredo smiles.

    ďBetter. Uncle Barlon and father have reconnected and started incorporating traditional Bear Style into the Bedlam Grappling School. All of us have gotten a lot stronger because of it. No where near you or the other M-Fighters, but way stronger than before.Ē

    He gestures to the thing on all their wrists.

    ďKi suppressor. That way we are all on the same level and can only use skill and technique to win.Ē

    Cheesy nods.

    ďGrappling is a form of ground combat. Saiyans usually prefer blasting and punching, but Grappling is about controlling your opponents body on the ground and up close. Subduing then without killing, using their own momentum against them too. Itís more about technique than power.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #3831
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Alfredo smiles.

    “Better. Uncle Barlon and father have reconnected and started incorporating traditional Bear Style into the Bedlam Grappling School. All of us have gotten a lot stronger because of it. No where near you or the other M-Fighters, but way stronger than before.”

    He gestures to the thing on all their wrists.

    “Ki suppressor. That way we are all on the same level and can only use skill and technique to win.”

    Cheesy nods.

    “Grappling is a form of ground combat. Saiyans usually prefer blasting and punching, but Grappling is about controlling your opponents body on the ground and up close. Subduing then without killing, using their own momentum against them too. It’s more about technique than power.”
    "Bear style? That's one of the schools Ochazuke and Zaofan were looking for." In fact, she had managed to see one of these techniques up close. Bear's Strength, she thought it was called.

    Her eyes fell to the ki suppressor on his wrist. That was an idea. She had wished she could find a way to spar with people weaker than her without hurting them, and the idea was right under her nose this whole time. A thing to remember for when she got back home.

    "I'm glad you guys are getting stronger. If your entire race learns how vital strength and skill are and takes the appropriate steps, you'll be better able to defend yourselves."

    Meanwhile Mais tried to understand what Cheesy was telling him. A lot of the big words fly right over his head, but he got th general idea. "Wrestling? Me an' my sister wrestle all the time! Can I try?"

  7. #3832
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Bear style? That's one of the schools Ochazuke and Zaofan were looking for." In fact, she had managed to see one of these techniques up close. Bear's Strength, she thought it was called.

    Her eyes fell to the ki suppressor on his wrist. That was an idea. She had wished she could find a way to spar with people weaker than her without hurting them, and the idea was right under her nose this whole time. A thing to remember for when she got back home.

    "I'm glad you guys are getting stronger. If your entire race learns how vital strength and skill are and takes the appropriate steps, you'll be better able to defend yourselves."

    Meanwhile Mais tried to understand what Cheesy was telling him. A lot of the big words fly right over his head, but he got th general idea. "Wrestling? Me an' my sister wrestle all the time! Can I try?"
    He looks at Sarada.

    “Up to her, kid.”

    Alfredo meanwhile nods to her.

    “We aren’t the only ones. That Samon Balon gotten a lot stronger, same with his daughter. The remaining Turtle Monks and a bunch of others have too. We were all inspired by what you all have done for us. Most probably won’t be nearly as strong as you lot, but we will get stronger and better able to help in some way.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #3833
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,628

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He looks at Sarada.

    “Up to her, kid.”

    Alfredo meanwhile nods to her.

    “We aren’t the only ones. That Samon Balon gotten a lot stronger, same with his daughter. The remaining Turtle Monks and a bunch of others have too. We were all inspired by what you all have done for us. Most probably won’t be nearly as strong as you lot, but we will get stronger and better able to help in some way.”
    Mais looked back at Sarada and saw her talking to Alfredo.

    Sarada nodded along with everything she was hearing. The pieces were starting to come together. The old martial arts schools had seemingly been roused to action by her two friends, meaning humanity was beginning to learn how to defend itself from invasion. While they wouldn't be completely capable of warding off the most powerful threats out there, like Auroc, Grinthorn, or Genesis, they wouldn't be helpless either.

    At least a few of them wouldn't. The vast majority were still as scared and helpless as day old fawns. Regardless, it was a work in progress, a path that wouldn't see its journey complete for decades.

    She was about to respond when her nephew ran up to her and started tugging on her cape. "Can I wrestle with the humans?? The man said I could if you said so."

    "Sure. Just be careful with them."

    "Yay!" He quickly sprinted back to Cheesy. "She said I could, mister."

  9. #3834
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Hmm, I'll look through the book of Aoem to see if it has an answer," Althena said.

    Althena takes out the book of Aome and reads through it." Okay, it reads here that Zerxes and his generals were sealed away 100 feet deep below the surface," Althena said.

    Althena holds up the book of Aome to show the page, and the page shows a detailed map of the tomb that the group is in. The map shows that many feet below the group is where Zerxes and his generals are being held.

    " I just want to put this out, but Toadians are neither cold-blooded or warm-blooded. Toadians like myself are lukewarm blooded. We are extremely resistant to heat, but only to the temperature, because we basically breathe through our skin. So stuff like smoke effects us heavily," Praxat said.

    " However, we are highly sensitive to cold but not as sensitive to it as Replitas are. Being a subspecies, I believe Intoadians would be the same Lukewarm blooded. Oh, by the way, Toadian blood contains a natural antifreeze. So I can survive being frozen solid," Praxat said.

    " Yeah, living with Lisia's temperatures was dreadful. Honestly, I prefer this hot desert climate. After all, Sufrica is the home of my race," Killrog said.
    After looking at the book, Cyanna turned to the others, "How about this, I'll scout ahead. If it's safe, I'll come back and get you."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #3835
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,593

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As soon as the bubble split, Ochazuke threw himself forward, grabbing Morgan and suspending their fall into a flight, throwing his silent aura against the shock of the momentum. Bracing his landing with a technique of a soft stance of Kokaku Sanchin he absorbed the brunt of the force of the impact and redistributed it to the castle grounds where they fell.
    A successful gambit, as both come to a relatively safe landed despite their situation.

    Yet there was no time to celebrate, both the others had continutes through the wall....Shouchu had been ejected nearby, but his condition was unknown.

    Also there was a spear leveled at his head.



    "Another Wyrn for the tally." The figure speaks with a distorted, but human voice....and then appears to spear Ochazukes head with unfathomable speed.

    Zaofan, meanwhile, held onto his armrests for dear life.

    "AHHHHHHHH~!!!!"

    And as they smashed through the arrays of ancient stone and were sent plummeting towards certain death...he reflexively opened his eyes.

    Firing off an Optic Blast burst, he created a Scarlet Shield before him before really pouring the ki on, creating a wall that redoubled the force as he sent himself and Erosa rocketing back towards the palatial grounds.
    Quick thinking had not only halted their descent, but reversed it.

    However, with his gaze focused below...it was only the crash and warning shout from Erosa that alerted him to the massive bulk that was now traveling towards them through the air. The massive knight from earlier had tore through the wall like a wet tissue a floor above them and dropped down upon them like a massive, T-posing armored behemoth. Erosa swiveled her stance, putting her back against Zaofan and then transfered her energy into her hands and trusting upwards....catching the knight with both hands.

    Immediately the mass of armor and flesh was driven downwards, not even the force of Zaofans optic blast able to contest with what amounted to more then a ton of armor landing on his back.

    Further still they plummet, and now Zaofan can make out the ground a little......sharp rocks jutting up from below, surrounded by snow and ice. He can hear a scream at his back and feel pressure increasing from behind, but cannot see what is happening between the knight and Erosa due to his position.

  11. #3836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    After looking at the book, Cyanna turned to the others, "How about this, I'll scout ahead. If it's safe, I'll come back and get you."
    " Cyanna, scout ahead. Oh, before you do, can you retrieve my goggles from that trap. I nearly can't see a damn thing without them," Praxat said.

    Araxat uses her telekinesis to retrieve Praxat's goggles from the trap, which are frozen solid. " Hey, I didn't ask you to fetch my goggles. I ask, Cyanna, I didn't want or ask for your help," Praxat said.

  12. #3837

    Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro [Zaofan]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The Dragonís Fire dies out, and in the darkness only the sphere Zaofan offers sheds light.

    The door trembles.

    A ripple washes over the world, felt by all ki sensitives.

    The sphere floats up and touches the door, disappearing into it.

    After a moment, each sigil brightens and glows, and once all ten ignite, the glow spreads between the ten to form the symbol of the Chimera School, before the door simply disappears, leaving a staircase heading downward.
    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem sat up and grumbled as a familiar enegy cascaded the door, setting every sigil etched in it's stony exterior awash in a warm glow. Almost made him sick...almost. It was the energy from the planet, borrowed and channeled, Zaobland utulizing it just as Oafchazuke had done before. Energy coming from life, harmonized and concentrated into everything that the Majin opposed...only now he was beginning to feel a bit of resistance to its repulsive effects.

    He understood it's meaning, it made sense. All the Schools come together for a larger purpose. It wormed well symbolically, but no matter how powerful his "brethren" are, it wasn't a goal she could see them achieving. Even he had to admit, they hadn't done too much of a bad job thus far but it was clear not everyone who fell under the tutelage of these ten beasts felt the same way. Outliers like this Kenshiko and even himself.

    The Snake School...they had slithered away from the teachings first because they knew what had to be done. Sasheem could respect that. And the Yamata no Orochi Fist in essence was the anti-thesis of the Chimera. What techniques like the Genki Dama were willingly given, the Orochi violently takes and twists. ...But even afterward, once all was said and done...the Orochi expelled what did not belong, restoring the things to their natural state.

    So what was the nature of the Snake in regards to a Chimera ? Simply the tail that lashes out on its own? It too is a part of the whole, was it not? In the same vein wasn't that what he was amongst the M-Fighters? A force in opposition that worked on harmony with other elements. But to what end? Of the Snake lashes put fiercely enough, would that steer the direction of the tide of fate?


    "Holy shit!" Sasheem exclaimed in mock surprise. "We opened a fuckin' door, " the Majin uttered in a dull tone shrugging unimpressed as he eyed the stairwell. "All those fancy glow-in-the-dark lights and you'd think it be buildin' up to something a little more flashy."
    As the little guiding light flit into the wall, Zaofan braced himself as he felt the Earth tremble in response, and as the stone vanished, standing there staring into the inviting darkness fathoms below, he was struck by a sense of foreboding.

    "Well, that's a start...though we haven't the faintest clue of what might be down here..." From what he felt between his hands and what had been imparted to the barrier before them, it took him a long moment to realize he was responding to Sasheem.

    "Ahem," quick sputters left him as his heavy footing sprung to life once more, "I mean, surely something was written. Perhaps. Maybe."

    Master Balon mentioned this place in the annals of the Dragon School history; as a properly versed disciple, he and likely Ochazuke were heirs of a tradition spanning millennia, and he saw firsthand how they'd privy to certain things he'd miss in the formalities and the particulars.

    For his part...well, the time spend wandering or cooking left him somewhat ill-informed, and these past three years had been if nothing else quite a cagey introduction to these matters.

    Still, he had seen firsthand the multiple cruelties of the universe in this timeline and several others. It would not do to be caught off-guard when it was time to protect the Earth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Samson looks at it, at the impenetrable darkness the stairs lead into. He glances back at the two of them.

    ďIt seems the way is open. Who goes first?Ē
    Lifting Bojack before him, Zaofan exhaled slowly as he channeled his ki into the tip, and a blue-white light shone brilliantly at one end.

    "If I may be so bold, Master Balon, whatever is down here belongs to us all. It only seems right we move forward together."

    Briefly, he shut his eyes, and wrinkled his nose with a sharp snort before turning to Sasheem. "Yes, you too. Come on."

  13. #3838
    Invincible Member Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,794

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Cyanna, scout ahead. Oh, before you do, can you retrieve my goggles from that trap. I nearly can't see a damn thing without them," Praxat said.

    Araxat uses her telekinesis to retrieve Praxat's goggles from the trap, which are frozen solid. " Hey, I didn't ask you to fetch my goggles. I ask, Cyanna, I didn't want or ask for your help," Praxat said.
    Cyanna, looking relieved, "Thank you, Araxat." She then turned to Praxat, "You know, that trap might have still been active. I guess I could have used TK myself, but my range isn't as good as Araxat's is."

    She then smiled, and took a step forward, Turning, to face everyone, "See you later," and with a wave goodby, vanished. As she disappeared, she teleported to the location referenced in Althena's book.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #3839

    Default The Mountains of Madness

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    A successful gambit, as both come to a relatively safe landed despite their situation.

    Yet there was no time to celebrate, both the others had continutes through the wall....Shouchu had been ejected nearby, but his condition was unknown.

    Also there was a spear leveled at his head.



    "Another Wyrn for the tally." The figure speaks with a distorted, but human voice....and then appears to spear Ochazukes head with unfathomable speed.
    The bladed tip fell, striking true as it imbedded itself through Ochazuke, imbedding swiftly into the stone as if he was not there.

    In a matter of speaking, he wasn't, for shortly after his frame had been struck, his linger shape soon faded. An afterimage, though one far too solid for a mere trick of perception. The desired effect was achieved, however, and Ochazuke swiftly stole away with their Familiar guide used the Wolf's Prowl to amplify his speed and evade their pursuer. Morgan still held close in tow, he moved now toward the black gated tower of Ampador.

    "The Queensguard still lingers, one wonders why they would strike out against those they were charged to protect." Rushing towards the tower in the distance, a streak of blood fell down the left side of his face, frigid where the northern air touched it. "He's swift...we'll have to nullify that advantage," he said, slowly spreading the field of his Battle Meditation, establishing his field of sense-awareness with Kyokushin Keihatsu and heightening his focus with Kei'i-Ken "Guide the way towards the Tomb."

    Quick thinking had not only halted their descent, but reversed it.

    However, with his gaze focused below...it was only the crash and warning shout from Erosa that alerted him to the massive bulk that was now traveling towards them through the air. The massive knight from earlier had tore through the wall like a wet tissue a floor above them and dropped down upon them like a massive, T-posing armored behemoth. Erosa swiveled her stance, putting her back against Zaofan and then transfered her energy into her hands and trusting upwards....catching the knight with both hands.

    Immediately the mass of armor and flesh was driven downwards, not even the force of Zaofans optic blast able to contest with what amounted to more then a ton of armor landing on his back.

    Further still they plummet, and now Zaofan can make out the ground a little......sharp rocks jutting up from below, surrounded by snow and ice. He can hear a scream at his back and feel pressure increasing from behind, but cannot see what is happening between the knight and Erosa due to his position.
    The weight bearing down on the both of them was massive to say the least, and at this blind angle Zaofan could only feel the shifting girth that pressed them both hurtling down to their doom.

    Flying against it won't work, and I can't push back unless I can brace myself...wait, that's it!

    "BOOOOOO-JACK!"

    With a puff of Capsule dust, the trusty katchin staff appeared in his hands! Grabbing one end with both hands as best as he could, glued to the back of his magical chair by mystical duvet and the horrid force of gravity, he point it in the only direction he could; straight downward!

    Shooting down high above the rocks and ice, a projection of energy lanced out until it stuck into the ground. He's extended his reach severalfold over through augmenting it into a Valiantium Staff! Unlike the katchin he'd collected it into, however, his ki was a little more...flexible...and he found as he slowed his descent...it was beginning to lean downward under his weight as they all tipped forward.

  15. #3840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna, looking relieved, "Thank you, Araxat." She then turned to Praxat, "You know, that trap might have still been active. I guess I could have used TK myself, but my range isn't as good as Araxat's is."

    She then smiled, and took a step forward, Turning, to face everyone, "See you later," and with a wave goodby, vanished. As she disappeared, she teleported to the location referenced in Althena's book.
    Cyanna would end up in a large chamber. In front of her are eight statues. There are two female Toadian statues, a male Yardrat statue, a female Titan statue, a male Konatsian statue, a Namekian statue, a female Tuffle statue, and a statue of what appears to be a human. However, the last statue isn't of a human at all, but of other yet unknown alien lifeform.

    The two Toadians statues are of different sizes. With the one that has a crown on its head being much larger than the other one. The Titan statue is imposing with its absolutely gigantic stature.

    Behind the statues is something written on the wall in Toagaria. In the center of this chamber is a monolith and on the monolith are illustrations of seven demons, and one illustration of a fay like a creature with burnt butterfly wings wearing a crown.

    Seven of the statues are holding weapons. The smaller Toadian statue is holding a sword, Yardrat statue is holding a crossbow. The Titan statue is holding a gigantic battle axe.

    The Konatsian statue is holding three swords, the Namekian statue is holding a morning star. The Tuffle statue is holding an energy cannon. In the unknown alien statue's hands is a halberd.

    The chamber is safe and free of traps.



    https://cdn.conceptartempire.com/ima...rhammer-ax.jpg

    https://www.medieval-weaponry.co.uk/...ball-920-1.jpg



    https://www.medievalcollectibles.com...04/AH-5102.png

    https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....TL._SX425_.jpg

    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 11-30-2019 at 11:54 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •