Page 27 of 86 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 1285
  1. #391
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Five distinct glows light up the sky high above as ships start hitting reentry.

    Alt Charco and Alt Zaofan prepare themselves, power levels rising.

    ďHer treacherous cousin Marduk will be with her, alongside her elites. The ship as well are highly dangerous. Be prepared.Ē Alt Zaofan says.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #392
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Following about five miles out of town, they see Deputy Charco land on a bluff overlooking a wasteland, Sheriff Zaofan landing beside him seconds later.

    The two hug briefly in reunion, and then Deputy Charco looks up at the sky.

    “She’s a coming, boss. Got five ships with’er. I got Totoma and his lady protecting the civies and getting ready as backup.....though seems you brought your own.” He says, nodding at the group.

    This Charco is......not quite the same. Sounds identical though.

    Ha! They did all speak like that! Wait, that was Charco?! Sasheem didn't know much about the Dinosaur School, but they clearly took their animal theming a bit more literally then the Ten. Either way, they'd gotten a status report on the current situation.

    "Five ships?!" Sasheem snorted. "She needs backup? Heh, some god of destruction! Almost sounds like she's afraid of us gettin' the upper hand!"

    Sasheem turned to the alternate Zaofan and Charco. "That means she's a yeller-belly in case you pea brained idgits don't understand," he spoke mockingly, quite happy with himself at his snide remark.

  3. #393
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,565

    Default

    As she approached she saw the talking dinosaur and didn't know what to make of him. It made her uneasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Ha! They did all speak like that! Wait, that was Charco?! Sasheem didn't know much about the Dinosaur School, but they clearly took their animal theming a bit more literally then the Ten. Either way, they'd gotten a status report on the current situation.

    "Five ships?!" Sasheem snorted. "She needs backup? Heh, some god of destruction! Almost sounds like she's afraid of us gettin' the upper hand!"

    Sasheem turned to the alternate Zaofan and Charco. "That means she's a yeller-belly in case you pea brained idgits don't understand," he spoke mockingly, quite happy with himself at his snide remark.
    "I hope you are not being serious, Sasheem, sir." Cyanna speaks as she lands nearby, "Having so many ships just makes her an even more dangerous threat."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  4. #394
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she approached she saw the talking dinosaur and didn't know what to make of him. It made her uneasy.

    "I hope you are not being serious, Sasheem, sir." Cyanna speaks as she lands nearby, "Having so many ships just makes her an even more dangerous threat."
    Looking back, Charco could see how visibly uneasy this alternate version made her. A feeling of dread dropped into his gut like a piece of ice into a glass as he could only imagine this same reaction could be applied to him as well.

    After all, this was a possible outcome for him and for all comforting support earlier, he'd fear it would vanish once he hit the point of no return.

  5. #395
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    As she approached she saw the talking dinosaur and didn't know what to make of him. It made her uneasy.



    "I hope you are not being serious, Sasheem, sir." Cyanna speaks as she lands nearby, "Having so many ships just makes her an even more dangerous threat."
    "No, they're a distraction," Sasheem argued back. "To us...and maybe even to her. She should be able to kill all of us by herself in the blink of an eye! So, either the doctor isn't fully confident in her abilities against us...or she herself isn't."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Five distinct glows light up the sky high above as ships start hitting reentry.

    Alt Charco and Alt Zaofan prepare themselves, power levels rising.

    “Her treacherous cousin Marduk will be with her, alongside her elites. The ship as well are highly dangerous. Be prepared.” Alt Zaofan says.
    The Majin sneered, raising a hand towards the air. "Either way good enough for me!" He shot forth a massive ki blast into the sky, aimed at one of the five glowing targets breaching the hehe he atmosphere. A test of their defenses.

  6. #396
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Following about five miles out of town, they see Deputy Charco land on a bluff overlooking a wasteland, Sheriff Zaofan landing beside him seconds later.

    The two hug briefly in reunion, and then Deputy Charco looks up at the sky.

    ďSheís a coming, boss. Got five ships withíer. I got Totoma and his lady protecting the civies and getting ready as backup.....though seems you brought your own.Ē He says, nodding at the group.

    This Charco is......not quite the same. Sounds identical though.

    "Whoa." When she got a load of Deputy Charco, Sarada was shocked to say the least. His reptilian visage was, somehow, the lesser of the two surprises. The more glaring thing was that he still sounded like the Charco that she had known for years. Could he have mastered his dino STD in this universe?

    There was only one way to find out, but when she looked back at her Charco, he was cowering back with Cyanna. She sighed inwardly. She knew why, but this was the chance he may have been hoping for. She'd have to get the ball rolling for him, it seemed.

    "So, you're the deputy around here?" she asked the dino-man as she approached him. She had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but apparently he was some kind of lawman. "Is the appearance voluntary or the result of a shit luck?"

  7. #397
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Five distinct glows light up the sky high above as ships start hitting reentry.

    Alt Charco and Alt Zaofan prepare themselves, power levels rising.

    “Her treacherous cousin Marduk will be with her, alongside her elites. The ship as well are highly dangerous. Be prepared.” Alt Zaofan says.
    "Shit, no time to chat, it seems," Sarada muttered. The five ships with Alt Ishtar were just hitting re-entry, meaning it wouldn't be long until the fighting started. She was excited to fight this ruination goddess, but she was more curious about her lieutenants. Odd how someone as powerful as Ishtar needed help from, she presumed, weaker people. That was usually how it went, but not when someone had Hakai at their disposal.

    Unless she wasn't as strong as she was made out to be, or more likely, not an unbeatable as they feared.

    Either way, she wasn't about to wait around to find out. She powered up and fired a massive energy blast along side Sasheem, to both test their ships' integrity and to send a message.

    It's go time.

  8. #398
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The detector in your group points upwards.

    Towards the ships still incoming.

    Seems Alt Ishtar already acquired it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Five distinct glows light up the sky high above as ships start hitting reentry.

    Alt Charco and Alt Zaofan prepare themselves, power levels rising.

    ďHer treacherous cousin Marduk will be with her, alongside her elites. The ship as well are highly dangerous. Be prepared.Ē Alt Zaofan says.
    "She already has the anomaly ... I see." Ishtar said, before sighing. "Nothing for it, then; and with the gateway back shuttered until we absorb it ..." The Oni realized something, and with a hollow chuckle she turned away from the Sheriff and his Deputy.

    "Zurvan has sent us some, or all of us, to die."

    All they were, were pawns. Nothing more.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "No, they're a distraction," Sasheem argued back. "To us...and maybe even to her. She should be able to kill all of us by herself in the blink of an eye! So, either the doctor isn't fully confident in her abilities against us...or she herself isn't."
    Ishtar head Sasheem speak, and couldn't help but sigh.

    From the mouth of fools.

    "She has been stifled twice, in her attempts to destroy the Earth. Both times she underestimated her targets ..." It was fairly obvioslus she had no intention of underestimating anything else.

    The Majin sneered, raising a hand towards the air. "Either way good enough for me!" He shot forth a massive ki blast into the sky, aimed at one of the five glowing targets breaching the hehe he atmosphere. A test of their defenses.
    Of course Sasheem was not one to think with any rhyme or reason beyond instant gratification, a side-effect of his nature. So when he fired a massive burst of Ki at one of the ships, Ishtar sighed and stepped past him, before looking up.

    "Do you think at all ? You just broadcast our location."

    Imbecile.

    With Sarada adding her beacon to Sasheem's however, there was again, nothing else for it. The five ships -- presuming one or more weren't destroyed outright -- would have a location now ... No reason to not roll out the Red Carpet, one supposed. So pinpointing her alternate by focusing on the Temporal anomaly, Ishtar reached out her hand, and willed for magic.

    "Starfall."

    Provided her aim, focus, and strength were enough to guide her; the Goddess of Ruination would find her ship's decent into the atmosphere accelerated multiple times as it was seemingly yanked out of the sky.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #399
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Looking back, Charco could see how visibly uneasy this alternate version made her. A feeling of dread dropped into his gut like a piece of ice into a glass as he could only imagine this same reaction could be applied to him as well.

    After all, this was a possible outcome for him and for all comforting support earlier, he'd fear it would vanish once he hit the point of no return.
    Realizing that Charco was also uneasy, it quickly dawned on her the reason why. Cyanna then stood up straight, smiled, and turned to him, "He seems like a really nice guy, just like you."

    She then noticed the others powering up, "We can get to know him better after we deal with the invaders. " she then summoned her staff and powered up as well.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  10. #400
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "She already has the anomaly ... I see." Ishtar said, before sighing. "Nothing for it, then; and with the gateway back shuttered until we absorb it ..." The Oni realized something, and with a hollow chuckle she turned away from the Sheriff and his Deputy.

    "Zurvan has sent us some, or all of us, to die."

    All they were, were pawns. Nothing more.



    Ishtar head Sasheem speak, and couldn't help but sigh.

    From the mouth of fools.

    "She has been stifled twice, in her attempts to destroy the Earth. Both times she underestimated her targets ..." It was fairly obvioslus she had no intention of underestimating anything else.



    Of course Sasheem was not one to think with any rhyme or reason beyond instant gratification, a side-effect of his nature. So when he fired a massive burst of Ki at one of the ships, Ishtar sighed and stepped past him, before looking up.

    "Do you think at all ? You just broadcast our location."

    Imbecile.

    With Sarada adding her beacon to Sasheem's however, there was again, nothing else for it. The five ships -- presuming one or more weren't destroyed outright -- would have a location now ... No reason to not roll out the Red Carpet, one supposed. So pinpointing her alternate by focusing on the Temporal anomaly, Ishtar reached out her hand, and willed for magic.

    "Starfall."

    Provided her aim, focus, and strength were enough to guide her; the Goddess of Ruination would find her ship's decent into the atmosphere accelerated multiple times as it was seemingly yanked out of the sky.
    "You mean the ships full of asshole that would sensed us anyway?' Sasheem shot back, before smiling arrogantly. "Besides, you couldn't have possibly wanted this fight, of all foghts, to start off boring, did you? Better to set this shit off with a bang!"

  11. #401
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Ishtar, and in everyone’s minds, hears Zurvan.

    ‘I am strong enough to open the portal at any time. You may retreat, just give me the signal. I was not aware she already had the Nexus........Damnit.’
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #402
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, and in everyone’s minds, hears Zurvan.

    ‘I am strong enough to open the portal at any time. You may retreat, just give me the signal. I was not aware she already had the Nexus........Damnit.’
    Parsley had remained silent and observant since the moment they arrived. The ships arriving with the Ruination Goddess were an interesting wrinkle, but ultimately didn't affect their goal. That was, of course, to retrieve the nexus and leave as soon as possible. Her having hired help could have meant a myriad of things. Perhaps they were from The Doctor and this meant he wasn't leaving anything to chance. Or, perhaps they were of her own employ and that meant she couldn't have been bothered to fight her own battles initially.

    Then again, on that second point, this should have been her third attempt at destroying this world. The Sheriff took her legs; revenge would certainly be on her mind.

    Regardless, that was of little consequence to Parsley.

    "I will take a small team with me to retrieve the Nexus. The rest of you survive long enough," she spoke finally. "Once we have it, we'll leave."

  13. #403
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley had remained silent and observant since the moment they arrived. The ships arriving with the Ruination Goddess were an interesting wrinkle, but ultimately didn't affect their goal. That was, of course, to retrieve the nexus and leave as soon as possible. Her having hired help could have meant a myriad of things. Perhaps they were from The Doctor and this meant he wasn't leaving anything to chance. Or, perhaps they were of her own employ and that meant she couldn't have been bothered to fight her own battles initially.

    Then again, on that second point, this should have been her third attempt at destroying this world. The Sheriff took her legs; revenge would certainly be on her mind.

    Regardless, that was of little consequence to Parsley.

    "I will take a small team with me to retrieve the Nexus. The rest of you survive long enough," she spoke finally. "Once we have it, we'll leave."
    "Erosa ready to go." The Saiyan could hear the Id....just not see her. She was clearly nearby and already in her stealth form. "Its not food, but I'll sneak in and take it all the same ero."

  14. #404
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "You mean the ships full of asshole that would sensed us anyway?' Sasheem shot back, before smiling arrogantly. "Besides, you couldn't have possibly wanted this fight, of all foghts, to start off boring, did you? Better to set this shit off with a bang!"
    "We were hardly threats. You have helped make us targets." Ishtar stated, before considering something, ultimately shrugging her shoulders as she moved away from Sasheem. "Though not much will be lost, I suppose ... Who will miss you, I wonder ?"

    A question to think on, perhaps.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Ishtar, and in everyone’s minds, hears Zurvan.

    ‘I am strong enough to open the portal at any time. You may retreat, just give me the signal. I was not aware she already had the Nexus........Damnit.’
    'What will that serve, fleeing ? The Doctor will send her after us all the same. Ishtar sighed. It was already a mess, this. One would hope the attempt to tear her alternate out of the sky might buy them time but ... there was no hope to be had here.

    Ah ...

    'Just open the portal when the time comes, I will tell you when.' At the least her Father could manage that.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  15. #405
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Whoa." When she got a load of Deputy Charco, Sarada was shocked to say the least. His reptilian visage was, somehow, the lesser of the two surprises. The more glaring thing was that he still sounded like the Charco that she had known for years. Could he have mastered his dino STD in this universe?

    There was only one way to find out, but when she looked back at her Charco, he was cowering back with Cyanna. She sighed inwardly. She knew why, but this was the chance he may have been hoping for. She'd have to get the ball rolling for him, it seemed.

    "So, you're the deputy around here?" she asked the dino-man as she approached him. She had no idea what that was supposed to mean, but apparently he was some kind of lawman. "Is the appearance voluntary or the result of a shit luck?"
    ďI am a deputy, and the appearance is a compromise that I both won and lost. My body was altered, but my mind and soul remain my own.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •