Page 272 of 294 FirstFirst ... 172222262268269270271272273274275276282 ... LastLast
Results 4,066 to 4,080 of 4408
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "The Time Patrol..." the old scientist sighed. "I was hoping you'd fight amongst yourselves for a bit longer. But, I suppose your thirst for justice would not allow us to catch you unawares..." he spat bitterly before settling into a calmer tone. "No matter. the plan is already in motion. You cannot stop us. The M-Fighters cannot stop us. We have many champions to our cause. And now our last one arises from a long slumber."

Suddenly a wave of ki, a kiai, a powerful one at that blasted forth from the pool of yellow ooze that they now recognizwd as a torrent of cheese. The assembled officers were nearly blasted backwards as the old scientist pulled a lever downward and the coils sprung to life, crackling with electricity which suddenly zapped downward towards the cheese.

The Four Loco was next, telekinetically lifted and dumped into the cheese, completing the vile concoction of fondue.

"Granted death far too soon....abandoned by all...even his own curses failed to satiate his vengeance," the old scientist began cackling madly. "Only through dark science was he to be given life anew. A WARRIOR REBORN! ARISE! BIO-JAGAM!"

A humanoid figure began to levitate up among the cheesy muck.

Hops and Uva hovered, dumbfounded. They'd heard the stories of Jagam, but nothing had even mentioned a Bio-Jagam.

"There's your time anomaly!" Hops began, looking back to the Galactic patrol. "What do you say we stop this monstrosity together?"

"Hops, this is unprecedented! You can feel that ki, there's no way we can fight this, even with their help!"

"What choice do we have?! We cannot let him reach the city, Uva. You can stay behind if you think you can't handle it, but I'm going to fight!" He took off heading for the Vat of bile that had helped birth, rebirth? Jagam.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The Sergeant stood there listening to what her commander revealed of the paths before them.

Racing blindly toward things the fixed future, as if it were something that assuredly would come to pass. Destiny.

For Grinthorn to finally lose something after all he'd taken, it was almost too good to be true - much less to believe.

Yet this explicit reveal of the Colonel's visions, however, left her far from standing at ease, and as the sergeant folded her arms before her ,lines creased on the downturned corners of her mouth.

"No, I didn't know," she said, "but the truth seems to be on a need-to-know basis for everyone outside of a very select few, now isn't it?"

Of late, it had been thing for the Major's ears only, and in that respect very little had changed where their leader and the earthen hulk convened their silent understanding. Yet ever since they'd come to this place, a little detail that had vexed Kenshiko. While she fought her way to the inner levels of solitary in that hellhole, Willa had been content to sit there, biding her time.

The Colonel, evidently, could have left whenever she wished while they were in prison. The golem knew it, and bound to her service by that strange connection knew he'd made the rendezvous. Yet Willa, instead of coming back for her comrade...

More secrets.

"Tell me, was it one of your visions that dragged us down with your father, or was it something else you held close to your chest, your majesty?" Her hands tightened in the crooks of her arms, restrained.

Trapped.

"Then again, you always had a way. To find just the right thing to say at just the right time."

Telling someone exactly what they want to hear. Easy thing for a mind-reader. Offering a way out for those who had lost everything, there'd been no more loyal or eager ears than those in the company of Red Raider Corpsmen.

Even as the entire world turned against them and they in turn sealed themselves away from it.

"That'd be about enough to convince everyone there's still something worth dying for on the horizon." Last time it was for the promise of a wish. "If you're going to tell them to march under your banner, Colonel, you're going to have to show them more than that. I'm not going to risk their lives on a whim for nothing. Never again."
    Willa pauses, then nods.

“You are correct. Gather them together, please. I’ll address them myself and show them their faith is not misplaced. I promise you that.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Slowly unfurling the blood-soaked band upon his brow, as Balon recalled what happened the old blood fell like scales from Ochazuke's eyes. Where there was once heavy wounds sealed in darkness, light had returned, and here in the Guardian's chamber, the smallest glimmer of hope.

Sequestered in the depths of the world, tranquility and illumination, he mused, That it can hardly be called a secret any longer may not be to our gain.

"You felt it, didn't you?" Hurriedly, he stood to his feet, but soon Ochazuke felt his body plummet as he fell to his knees. Propping himself up on his hands, ragged breaths came slowly. "A pulse of energy, like a column thrust through the planet's core at a fixed point."

But no matter how drained and wounded he was, the fact remained there remained many things to do. That was enough to push him slowly to stand once more.

"We're not the only ones looking for the legacy. Now that we have opened the way, these others who were watching will no doubt find their way towards it, and we've shown them the shortest path."
    “Then we must join our allies Zaofan and Sasheem and either discover the legacy for ourselves, or protect it from the rest.”

He nods and gestures for Ochazuke to follow him into the air and back to the island.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

With a close inspection, Zaofan can see a familiar strike pattern that is similar to the Dragon’s Kiss and certain moves Chuan had done. After a few moments, Zaofan manages to undo what Ro did to Sasheem, restoring his ki.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Thought ~*COUGH COUGH*~ ...thought you were *HACK*" The last gob-covered crust left the back of Zaofan's throat.

Young Ro's technique was swift, and even though Sasheem had been nipping at their heels since the Spider's Shrine, the difference between their skill levels had hardly been this pronounced during the trials of the Old Masters.

"...I take it the bits of the Snake School you learned didn't have that one in their repertoire, did they?"

Zaofan paced slowly over to Sasheem's side, looking warily over to Ro. Reaching over to his side, the Martial Chef gently laid his hand on Sasheem's shoulder.

"Sure, you're the expert," he rasped glumly, "The People's Annihilator out to take it all for himself because he's better than all the rest."

Small squeezes pressed upon Sasheem. At first it might have been a small reassurance...but the clinical way he felt the pads of Zaofan's thin fingers inspecting his gummy flesh, it was more like he was back in his kitchen, checking the integrity of a piece of picnic roast.

This technique, I've seen something like it before... Zaofan mused. Pressure points. There's no mistaking it, the way the energy's flow moves through the matter...

"Only, did you forget Master Balon's training already...?"
    "Sasheem wanted to defeat this punk without too much effort!" The Majin snarled. "How was he to know that Poo'Ro over here knew how to do...whatever the hell he did?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    With a close inspection, Zaofan can see a familiar strike pattern that is similar to the Dragon’s Kiss and certain moves Chuan had done. After a few moments, Zaofan manages to undo what Ro did to Sasheem, restoring his ki.
    aA minute after this, Sasheem had migrated to grassy knoll, grumbling and facing away from the other two in irritation, though still tithing earshot of any further conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiliteknite06 View Post
    Hops and Uva hovered, dumbfounded. They'd heard the stories of Jagam, but nothing had even mentioned a Bio-Jagam.

"There's your time anomaly!" Hops began, looking back to the Galactic patrol. "What do you say we stop this monstrosity together?"

"Hops, this is unprecedented! You can feel that ki, there's no way we can fight this, even with their help!"

"What choice do we have?! We cannot let him reach the city, Uva. You can stay behind if you think you can't handle it, but I'm going to fight!" He took off heading for the Vat of bile that had helped birth, rebirth? Jagam.
    Bio-Jagam took a moment to glance at his palm, eying it's cheesy texture curiously. He clenched his hand into a fist and bellowed, "The Sun came up upon the left, Out of the sea came he!"

He raised his fist and suddenly spores laced throughout the atmosphere, so small as to be unseen had suddenly grown in size.

"And he shone bright, and on the right, Went down into the sea!" The revived half long grinned. "Cottage Cluster!"

The spores, now revealed to be clumps of cottage cheese surrounded Hops amd clung to his clothes. Astonishingly their weight was far greater than the densest metals on Earth and the sheer volume of cheese began to weigh him down into the pool of cheese fondue below.

"I can smell it...a mutt like me," Bio-Jagam grinned. "And yet...you know nothing of pain. Of torment...not like I have. Jagam the forgotten. Jagam the failure....NO MORE!"

As Bio-Jagam began his rant, the Katchin Squad quickly conversed amongst eachother.

"Files say that Jagam guy is dead...," X-Bo mentioned. "M-Fighters took him out."

"Clearly, he's some sort of clone...but with the memories of the original," P-Cee surmised. "Perhaps as a result of Jagam's magical training."

"H-he's...but why is he..?" N-Ten scratched her head, perplexed.

"The magic's bound to be a problem," P-Sta noted. "And I can't get a read on his power level, but Hops is a Super Saiyan so that dairy prison won't hold him for long. If we can get the jump on him it's possible we may be able to send him back to hell."

"IF he hasn't grown stronger since his last visit to Earth," P-Cee noted. "Let's just make this quick! Katchin Squad, GO!"

Bio-Jagam took a few steps forward onto the ground and turned to face the charging Katchin Squad. "Hmph. Galaxy Policeman. Worms. I've killed many of your kind back when you were none the wiser. Now you deign yourselves worthy to challenge me?"

"Allow me to reintroduce myself! I am Jagam! The Mozzarella Menace! And I work for a cause! An allegiance of my own choosing!" The half-Threshking anmounced.

P-Sta rushed in first a Katchin covered fist aiming for Katchin' chest. Bio-Jagam's arm shot forward and morphed into a triangular shape. A blade of cheese.

Jutting forward he jabbed P-Sta in the chest, instantly causing cracks in his Katchin she'll and launching him backwards into N-Ten. "NO CHEDDAR IS SHARPER!"

P-Cee was next, habing masked her presence wth her shrinking abilities and suddenly growing to sure at Bio-Jagam. Bio-Jagam raised another hand and kite shield of bread arose from the ground. As soon as P-Cee's fist made contact, her Katchin shell too did shatter and she was knocked back into a canyon wall. "NO BREAD IS STALER!"

Bio-Jagam struck an elegant fighting pose. "I SERVE NO MASTERS, I DO NOT EVEN BOW TO THE WHIMS OF TIME ITSELF!" The cheese clone sighed, his tone calming down somewhat. "I am Jagam, the Limburger Lance and I work for the cause!"

Bio-Jagam took a moment to glance at his palm, eying it's cheesy texture curiously. He clenched his hand into a fist and bellowed, "The Sun came up upon the left, Out of the sea came he!"

He raised his fist and suddenly spores laced throughout the atmosphere, so small as to be unseen had suddenly grown in size.

"And he shone bright, and on the right, Went down into the sea!" The revived half long grinned. "Cottage Cluster!"

The spores, now revealed to be clumps of cottage cheese surrounded Hops amd clung to his clothes. Astonishingly their weight was far greater than the densest metals on Earth and the sheer volume of cheese began to weigh him down into the pool of cheese fondue below.

"I can smell it...a mutt like me," Bio-Jagam grinned. "And yet...you know nothing of pain. Of torment...not like I have. Jagam the forgotten. Jagam the failure....NO MORE!"

As Bio-Jagam began his rant, the Katchin Squad quickly conversed amongst eachother.

"Files say that Jagam guy is dead...," X-Bo mentioned. "M-Fighters took him out."

"Clearly, he's some sort of clone...but with the memories of the original," P-Cee surmised. "Perhaps as a result of Jagam's magical training."

"The magic's bound to be a problem," P-Sta noted. "And I can't get a read on his power level, but Hops is a Super Saiyan so that dairy prison won't hold him for long. If we can get the jump on him it's possible we may be able to send him back to hell."

"IF he hasn't grown stronger since his last visit to Earth," P-Cee noted. "Let's just make this quick! Katchin Squad, GO!"

Bio-Jagam took a few steps forward onto the ground and turned to face the charging Katchin Squad. "Hmph. Galaxy Policeman. Worms. I've killed many of your kind back when you were none the wiser. Now you deign yourselves worthy to challenge me?"

"Allow me to reintroduce myself! I am Jagam! The Mozzarella Menace! And I work for a cause! An allegiance of my own choosing!" The half-Threshking anmounced.

P-Sta rushed in first a Katchin covered fist aiming for Katchin' chest. Bio-Jagam's arm shot forward and morphed into a triangular shape. A blade of cheese.

Jutting forward he jabbed P-Sta in the chest, instantly causing cracks in his Katchin she'll and launching him backwards into N-Ten. "NO CHEDDAR IS SHARPER!"

P-Cee was next, habing masked her presence wth her shrinking abilities and suddenly growing to sure at Bio-Jagam. Bio-Jagam raised another hand and kite shield of bread arose from the ground. As soon as P-Cee's fist made contact, her Katchin shell too did shatter and she was knocked back into a canyon wall. "NO BREAD IS STALER!"

Bio-Jagam struck an elegant fighting pose. "I SERVE NO MASTERS, I DO NOT EVEN BOW TO THE WHIMS OF TIME ITSELF!" The cheese clone sighed, his tone calming down somewhat. "I am Jagam, the Limburger Lance and I work for the cause!"
    Totoma had been training in the wastes near the Canyons where he and the others, so many years ago, had fought and overcome Jagam. It was quiet, isolated... just the right place to cut loose. And, ya know, avoid getting swarmed by people looking for autographs. And things were going pretty smoothly, until...

Somehow, some way, he sensed... him. Like an odious wheel of limburger cheese unable to be overlooked, his old enemy's energy appeared yet again, not far from where he was. How could this be? He and the others had killed him years ago!

No, it didn't matter. He was a hero, and Jagam was a villain, and thus it was up to him to vanquish him once again, like he had vanquished that ham and swiss sub for lunch. Well, him and the... others he sensed near Jagam.

Taking to the air and speeding off, it did not take long at all to reach the site of the battle, and he was... rather surprised at what he saw. It was definitely Jagam, but he was all... goopy and...

...was he made of cheese? No, that couldn't be right. But hey, it made for a good entrance quip.

"Stop right there, you Monterey Menace!" boomed his voice as he landed on the ground some distance away from Jagam and the others fighting against him valiantly. He pointed at his old tormentor, striking a pose. "I don't know why you've returned, but things are about to get dangerously cheesy for you, you stinking bishooooooop---" He had begun to shift to another epic pose when he slipped on some cheese and tumbled unceremoniously to the ground.

Okay, just... gonna pretend that didn't happen and resume...

He jumped to to his feet and... struck another pose. "Ha ha, had you fooled... as if the dastardly tricks of a muenster like you would work on the Just Saiyan, for I am a roquefort of justice and light!"

Yeah... totally nailed the puns.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Willa pauses, then nods.

“You are correct. Gather them together, please. I’ll address them myself and show them their faith is not misplaced. I promise you that.”
    Eyeing the Colonel and the Golem up and down in this isolated corner of the base, Kenshiko remained unmoved.

"If you can show them, then prove it to me first," she replied brusquely. "Every time we've made a move, the World Government is one step ahead of us. Any dissenters that would've joined ranks disappeared as soon as word reaches the Capital, almost like they never existed."

Entire swathes of lands and peoples, upturned through complete redevelopment, branded with Capsule or some other corporate logo. In short order, because they refused to cow before the planetary authority, they had to resort to more extreme methods time and again. That's how they got saddled with the Raider moniker in the first place.

But if they were nothing more than pawns fighting the World Government on behalf of somebody else's line of succession, exactly what part of this world was going to change?

Kenshiko grumbled, restless hands parting. She adjust her hat as she looked over to the Major.

"You know what I've never understood? Damask can slip through the Earth unnoticed. If he had a mind to, he could go anywhere...even Capital City. If he could have killed the man in charge, he would've done it by now. Instead he comes back here, staring at the same patch of dirt all day, waiting for you, Colonel. Just like the rest of us."

Her shaded eyes burned as they returned to Willa, filled with unblinking fury.

"There's more to all of this than you're letting on. Out with it."

All-New Member

Hops watched, unable to fight beneath the clumps of cheese that clung to him. It took all he had to just stay afloat, though the weight of the substance he found himself coated in was slowly pulling him downward. The Galactic patrol began their assault but to no avail. Hops felt the anger began to boil inside him as he channeled his Ki. His aura flashed and the cheesy substance started to melt away, as he flew higher. He tried to concentrate on a trigger, he would need to go super if they had any hope of winning. As he powered up, a new Ki flared nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    it did not take long at all to reach the site of the battle, and he was... rather surprised at what he saw. It was definitely Jagam, but he was all... goopy and...

...was he made of cheese? No, that couldn't be right. But hey, it made for a good entrance quip.

"Stop right there, you Monterey Menace!" boomed his voice as he landed on the ground some distance away from Jagam and the others fighting against him valiantly. He pointed at his old tormentor, striking a pose. "I don't know why you've returned, but things are about to get dangerously cheesy for you, you stinking bishooooooop---" He had begun to shift to another epic pose when he slipped on some cheese and tumbled unceremoniously to the ground.

He jumped to to his feet and... struck another pose. "Ha ha, had you fooled... as if the dastardly tricks of a muenster like you would work on the Just Saiyan, for I am a roquefort of justice and light!"

Totoma had joined the fight and seemed to understand a bit more about the enemy they found themselves up against. A M-Fighter and Saiyan, Totoma might be just what they needed to tip the battle in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Totoma had been training in the wastes near the Canyons where he and the others, so many years ago, had fought and overcome Jagam. It was quiet, isolated... just the right place to cut loose. And, ya know, avoid getting swarmed by people looking for autographs. And things were going pretty smoothly, until...

Somehow, some way, he sensed... him. Like an odious wheel of limburger cheese unable to be overlooked, his old enemy's energy appeared yet again, not far from where he was. How could this be? He and the others had killed him years ago!

No, it didn't matter. He was a hero, and Jagam was a villain, and thus it was up to him to vanquish him once again, like he had vanquished that ham and swiss sub for lunch. Well, him and the... others he sensed near Jagam.

Taking to the air and speeding off, it did not take long at all to reach the site of the battle, and he was... rather surprised at what he saw. It was definitely Jagam, but he was all... goopy and...

Bio-Jagam cocked his head to one side. "You...." his expression, curious for a moment, curled into a nasty grin. "I remember you. A half-life whelp. How fortuitous it is that I get to wipe out two of you this day. You should not have come to face me on your provolonesome."

P-Sta and P-Cee, both of their Katchin hides cracked, their cyborg shells sparking with electricity and loose wiring due to the heavy damage inflicted by Jagam's initial attacks were being pulled back put of the fray by their remaining two siblings as Bio-Jagam began to charge his ki.

"You don't seem to understand...I am not the Jagam of old," the clone continued, staring down Totoma. "With my rebirth comes unBRIElievable power!" He let his Stale Bead Shield fall as he raised his right hand, extending his index and pointer fingers, yelling, "ASIAGO ASSAULT!"

From his fingertips, orb after orb of yellow ki surrounded the air around Totoma, numbering at around fifty. Each orb around the size of a bicycle and standing in place surrounding the half saiyan. Outwardly they appeared to be made of ki...but the snell drifting from them was a waft of cheesy aroma. Almost as if they were tempting Totoma to reach out and take a bite....

Eyeing the Colonel and the Golem up and down in this isolated corner of the base, Kenshiko remained unmoved.

"If you can show them, then prove it to me first," she replied brusquely. "Every time we've made a move, the World Government is one step ahead of us. Any dissenters that would've joined ranks disappeared as soon as word reaches the Capital, almost like they never existed."

Entire swathes of lands and peoples, upturned through complete redevelopment, branded with Capsule or some other corporate logo. In short order, because they refused to cow before the planetary authority, they had to resort to more extreme methods time and again. That's how they got saddled with the Raider moniker in the first place.

But if they were nothing more than pawns fighting the World Government on behalf of somebody else's line of succession, exactly what part of this world was going to change?

Kenshiko grumbled, restless hands parting. She adjust her hat as she looked over to the Major.

"You know what I've never understood? Damask can slip through the Earth unnoticed. If he had a mind to, he could go anywhere...even Capital City. If he could have killed the man in charge, he would've done it by now. Instead he comes back here, staring at the same patch of dirt all day, waiting for you, Colonel. Just like the rest of us."

Her shaded eyes burned as they returned to Willa, filled with unblinking fury.

"There's more to all of this than you're letting on. Out with it."
    Willa pauses, then nods.

“While I was imprisoned, I had.....much time to reflect. I was arrogant. Selfish. I didn’t put our people first, I put my ambition and revenge first. I realize if we want to make a difference, we need better allies, I need to be a better leader to our people, and we need a better plan. The President, his play at peace under his all controlling thumb, needs to stop. But our own actions have made our opposition more difficult as well.”

She gestures to Kenshiko to follow her as Willa heads to the wall, taps a few spots in quick succession, and a panel slides open revealing a heavily shielded computer room. Monitors and data banks lay everywhere.

“One moment, and I shall get things running here.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Willa pauses, then nods.

“While I was imprisoned, I had.....much time to reflect. I was arrogant. Selfish. I didn’t put our people first, I put my ambition and revenge first. I realize if we want to make a difference, we need better allies, I need to be a better leader to our people, and we need a better plan. The President, his play at peace under his all controlling thumb, needs to stop. But our own actions have made our opposition more difficult as well.”

She gestures to Kenshiko to follow her as Willa heads to the wall, taps a few spots in quick succession, and a panel slides open revealing a heavily shielded computer room. Monitors and data banks lay everywhere.

“One moment, and I shall get things running here.”
    Any surprise the Sergeant has was in reserve. As the rock wall split in two to reveal the archive, her eyes narrowed, and lips parted over clenched teeth. Perhaps for the first time, it stood in stark relief where the silicon towers encased in metal stood embedded in the bedrock bunker.

"Shedding blood in a war of information," she muttered. "We were never going to win."

OT: Edited for better writing.
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 02-02-2020 at 08:16 AM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Magic traced the surrounding within Ochazukes mind, akin to watching blood pump through veins. For a moment, the man bore a vision of the environment around him that bore more alike to a human heart then a machine. With a thrum of building power, the pathway that had long since been damaged were bridged...a bypass performed of a unwitting surgeon for a hideous heart.

Damaged veins were sealed, and long dormant mechanisms slowly revived with the flow of energy.

The flow of energy within the chamber shifted.....and suddenly Ochazuke could see the void that so permeated the chamber begin to thin.

Somehow, with the mechanism complete, the leak had not only stopped....but reversed itself. Energy that had leaked into the chamber and permeated the loyal guardians of Amdapor was now being drawn back into the system. The maddening screams and insanity subsided, visible trails of energy being forcefully draw from them and into the surrounding Orichalum. Even Agravain seemed to falter suddenly, the power he had siphoned now rejecting him and slowly drawn from his void addled body. The growing power faltered, leaving him confused.

Many of these cultists, too, were the direct descendants of this fallen kingdom. Certainly, many were consumed by the absence of Agravain's bondage and it led to their demise where their wills crumbled and they had succumbed to doom.

But not all. Separated from the will of their master, they had forgotten how to stand on their own.

Drawing his fist up, Ochazuke poured his will through the ring, and in the dark depths of the Tomb, its glow shone like a captured star. Just like he had done with Humbert of the Royal Guard, he stripped them of their delusion in a bid to galvanize their will to live, and with it give Agravain's Order a font upon which to stand.

"Your power, your kingdom, your souls. Take back what is yours from this usurper." "You are not fodder for the Ancients or slaves to the dictates of some mystic brand. You are not cattle, Magi of Amdapor, remember that you are men!"

Pouring his concentration into maintaining his grip on the environs, he moved to revitalizing those who worshipped the relics of Persephone into carrying a portion of her spirit.

"Undo this spell and take your lives back!"
    "W....What are you doing you idiot.....That isn't yours to command!" Agravein shouted, his voice distorted but slightly more human sounding then before.

The masses around the throne seemed to pacify, even show some semblance of awareness. While it did little to save some, their bodies so dependent on the void that the removal crumbled what remained of them to dust....some, like the knight before, gained some clarity of their situation.

"....No.....NO! That power is mine.....MINE BY RIGHT!" The crazed old man suddenly drew in what power he could and struck out....not at Ochazuke, Zaofan or Rex....but those that remained. A flash wave of miasma flooded over the still addled mages, reducing their forms to nothing in a blaze of void while soaking up whatever void energy remained in them....pulling from every single source he could. It was a bandage effort at most....as power still drained from him, but it was enough to maintain himself as she turned to strike out at Rex. Toying with his prey was no longer an option, and the anger on his deformed face was evident.

Interfacing with the lifeblood of the chamber directly, though he was nether a devotee of the Void nor a magician, he could directly perceive the flow of energy through this place, the mechanism of its motion, and through this, Ochazuke had seized the means to channel and redirect the energy. The intuitions granted to him through Muhen Sekai Keitatsu as well left him intimately aware of all that tread in this chamber.

Then with nothing more but a silent flash, the walls came alive, and in an instant spires of energy lanced toward Morgan the Grey from all angles, intent on running her through.
    ".....Little petal....our time is drawing to a close." Thorn Morgan reached out and placed her hands upon the confused Petal Morgans Shoulders. The change to the chamber had not escaped her senses, but whatever thoughts filled her head remained hidden beneath her smile. "Everything will be clear soon....I'm happy I got to meet you here."

With a powerful shove, Morgan was sent flying back.....and in an instance his scion of the grey thorns had been skewered by a hundred beams of energy. No defense was raised, no attempt to dodge...her ethereal body rippled and exploded, energy expanding in a cloud which remained hanging in the air before collapsing and being absorbed into the machine around them.

What followed was a surge of energy across the framework of the chamber. It interacted with the energy, the foundation, that ochazuke layed with his own power and the lords authority.

There was a groan.....and with it.....everything came together.

Whatever joy Rex had derived from mocking Agravain had started to grow old, almost as old as the man himself. Still, he got a chuckle once he saw the effects of the miasma melt out of the various non-doll weaklings the old man had gathered for his insipid goal. Although scrambled with mystic energy, he recognized the corrupted flow of power, having been introduced to it from the oni.

"Is this all that your begging and pleading to your masters worth? I would pity you if you weren't so pathetic to begin with."

The whispers of the dead grew louder as wisps of ghost hakai grew more visible, becoming coal-black clouds. The warped remnants of destruction energy crackled and sizzled upon contact with the miasma, both eating into one another as they fought for supremacy. Raising his remaining hand, the index, middle, and thumb digits pointing forth, the saurian fired a trio of skewering beams toward the man.
    Agravein had already summoned a blast of corrupting miasma, throwing it to meet Rexs attack.....neither hit their target.

The drain that had been slowly filtering the void from the chamber intensified a hundred fold...and no longer limited to only void. Agraveins misama veered away and was sucked into the crystal around them, as was the void in his body.....he let out a scream and attempting to hold in what he had, but at this point it was no longer within his power. The void he had collected was forcefully yanked from him, leaving him weakened to the point he could no longer even stand on his own two feet.

The force showed no more mercy to Rex then his foe however, the beam he launched veering away....absorbed into the structure around them, and to his possible horror....so too was it pulling upon the ghost hakai that he had layered his defense with. Already trace amounts had been sucked in, and more was being pulled away.

Below them, the massive void conduit grew dim...Ochazuke could sense massive amounts of energy being pulled up from it and channeled through the machinery, too much energy. The conduit was being drained of the energy sustaining it, and it was pooling it all into...

A spike of pain struck Ochazukes brain...his connection with the forces around him feeding back into him with sudden, violent force. Something was wrong.....the flow would not answer his authority, and nor could he undo what had been created with his power. He had bridged something, and now something on the other end was holding the door open.

Within the crystal....the eye slowly began to disintegrate. To Ochazuke, the room seemed more ablaze with power then ever before....focused now upon the throne.

Something old, something immeasurable flowed up the channel of energy and into the throne. The conduit collapsed....whatever had remained inside the magicite had finally come to its end. the remains of an outer god, no more then fuel for the coming fire.

Then....with a hiss, several streams of molten liquid poured from outlets atop the throne. Slowly, it drizzled down upon the bones of the Queen, spreading out in a slowly congealing web of silvery tendrils.

Ochazuke found himself unable to move, pressure bearing down upon him from all directions. The ring, the royal authority of Amdapor, burned in his hand. It seemed no-one else in the chamber was faring any better....with Agravein on his hands and knees, while Rex found himself fighting just to keep the force around him from pulling at his hakai.

the liquid orichalum spread over the throne, knitting and winding between each bone....filling in where there was none while slowly covering and taking shape. The skeleton twitched, then jerked slowly from side to side. Its arm raised, first weakly....then more as the material filled in the space and solidified. Soon the skeleton had been covered in its entirety, and slowly a form took shape from the mass.

For a moment, a human shaped mold of orichalum sat motionless upon the throne....then slowly, it pushed itself up. Silver featureless skin molded into the shape of a human, silver gave way to a hue of dark purple, and then pink as a facsimile of skin formed around it.....followed quickly by attire, conjured from the very skin itself. Even hair seemed to expand forth, carrying with it an artificial sort of perfection....as most of the body seemed to have.

The woman cocked her neck from side to side, seemingly musing to herself. Her ice blue eyes scanning the room and each of its occupants.

Default The Mountains of Madness

Agravain had fallen, severed from the source of the power he'd attempted to seize at the cost of the last of Avalon's mages, and the last rasps of the cultist's crazed zeal left him as swiftly as his control.

Far below in the pit underthe magicite spire, Ochazuke felt his attack land upon Morgan's assailant. In that instant he felt it, like a pulse, deep in the subtle matter that permeated the very being of the Old Man's guardian.

The energy signature is the same. There was no mistaking it. This one, she's a Familiar as well?

By the time he had made the realization, however, the flesh begotten of the ancient magic had been seized upon, the energies struck and returned to its ancient mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    ".....Little petal....our time is drawing to a close." Thorn Morgan reached out and placed her hands upon the confused Petal Morgans Shoulders. The change to the chamber had not escaped her senses, but whatever thoughts filled her head remained hidden beneath her smile. "Everything will be clear soon....I'm happy I got to meet you here."

With a powerful shove, Morgan was sent flying back.....and in an instance his scion of the grey thorns had been skewered by a hundred beams of energy. No defense was raised, no attempt to dodge...her ethereal body rippled and exploded, energy expanding in a cloud which remained hanging in the air before collapsing and being absorbed into the machine around them.

What followed was a surge of energy across the framework of the chamber. It interacted with the energy, the foundation, that ochazuke layed with his own power and the lords authority.

There was a groan.....and with it.....everything came together.

Agravein had already summoned a blast of corrupting miasma, throwing it to meet Rexs attack.....neither hit their target.

The drain that had been slowly filtering the void from the chamber intensified a hundred fold...and no longer limited to only void. Agraveins misama veered away and was sucked into the crystal around them, as was the void in his body.....he let out a scream and attempting to hold in what he had, but at this point it was no longer within his power. The void he had collected was forcefully yanked from him, leaving him weakened to the point he could no longer even stand on his own two feet.

The force showed no more mercy to Rex then his foe however, the beam he launched veering away....absorbed into the structure around them, and to his possible horror....so too was it pulling upon the ghost hakai that he had layered his defense with. Already trace amounts had been sucked in, and more was being pulled away.

Below them, the massive void conduit grew dim...Ochazuke could sense massive amounts of energy being pulled up from it and channeled through the machinery, too much energy. The conduit was being drained of the energy sustaining it, and it was pooling it all into...

A spike of pain struck Ochazukes brain...his connection with the forces around him feeding back into him with sudden, violent force. Something was wrong.....the flow would not answer his authority, and nor could he undo what had been created with his power. He had bridged something, and now something on the other end was holding the door open.

Within the crystal....the eye slowly began to disintegrate. To Ochazuke, the room seemed more ablaze with power then ever before....focused now upon the throne.

Something old, something immeasurable flowed up the channel of energy and into the throne. The conduit collapsed....whatever had remained inside the magicite had finally come to its end. the remains of an outer god, no more then fuel for the coming fire.

Then....with a hiss, several streams of molten liquid poured from outlets atop the throne. Slowly, it drizzled down upon the bones of the Queen, spreading out in a slowly congealing web of silvery tendrils.

Ochazuke found himself unable to move, pressure bearing down upon him from all directions. The ring, the royal authority of Amdapor, burned in his hand. It seemed no-one else in the chamber was faring any better....with Agravein on his hands and knees, while Rex found himself fighting just to keep the force around him from pulling at his hakai.

the liquid orichalum spread over the throne, knitting and winding between each bone....filling in where there was none while slowly covering and taking shape. The skeleton twitched, then jerked slowly from side to side. Its arm raised, first weakly....then more as the material filled in the space and solidified. Soon the skeleton had been covered in its entirety, and slowly a form took shape from the mass.

For a moment, a human shaped mold of orichalum sat motionless upon the throne....then slowly, it pushed itself up. Silver featureless skin molded into the shape of a human, silver gave way to a hue of dark purple, and then pink as a facsimile of skin formed around it.....followed quickly by attire, conjured from the very skin itself. Even hair seemed to expand forth, carrying with it an artificial sort of perfection....as most of the body seemed to have.

The woman cocked her neck from side to side, seemingly musing to herself. Her ice blue eyes scanning the room and each of its occupants.
    When the immense weight fell upon Ochazuke, his flight over the chamber ceased and he fell upon trembling legs to the thrumming floor, suspended over the spiritual machinery before the throne. Silent breaths left him, and he hadn't the strength for words. The foundation of the Dragon School had been to temper the spirit, a fortitude to endure and master the flame of the soul. Standing atop an entire world wrought from flame and magma, the material strife borne from that hellish place was all but mundane.

Upon the ring folded against his palm, his hand trembled as he felt it burn now, and as the pain etched into his bones, he seethed. This magic...the power of the Void? Then this...

Slowly, he looked up, past the silenced conflict between Rex and Agravain's destructive appetites, to Zaofan. The Martial Chef, freshly released from the tendrils of some twisted Void-worshipper cast to dust, stood upon his energy-laden staff. Braced against the floor he stood, and looked up to the throne.

The image stood starkly in his mind, ever since the day he peered over Etrina's shoulder that day. Though a picture may speak a thousand words, there is a great deal that remains unsaid. He felt it in the air of the Tomb, the Avalonian Shelter having become especially graven when the wailing of the Void Disciples were silenced as their vital essences fed into the very walls; and when he looked upon the figure before him, he was swept away in equal measure awe...and sheer terror.

"Magi Queen Persephone...?"

Breaking the silence, he could only speak her name, and it was with a considerable amount of courage that he continued.

"...It seems a great deal has befallen the Kingdom of Avalon, I'm afraid," he stammered, congeniality masking the fact that he was speaking for the sake of keeping his own mind from slipping, "but your Morgan led us here! Sworn to do her duty, we helped her tend to some unfinished business!"

Yes...that ought to do it- what am I doing?!