Page 273 of 278 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 4167
  1. #4081
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Willa activates one of the computer terminals and a security feed opens up.

    The video shows a series of mining platforms slowly excavating a large room. The lights attached to the platforms play over the remains of a large temple of sorts, or shrine.

    One with ties to the Ten Schools if the markings are correct.

    Another screen shows a drone floating through a room and archiving what’s inside. Gold, silver, and various jewels lay in piles. Another drone plays light over ancient weapon racks mostly rotted away, but for a doEn or so gleaming magical items it seems. Another drone yet shows a library being examined, light playing over ancient scrolls.

    And the last camera show cases a massive earthen body, like Damask but more. It lays silent and unmoving, though there also appears to be two more massive bodies beside this one. One of ancient bronze like metal, the other of pure crystal.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #4082
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Sasheem wanted to defeat this punk without too much effort!" The Majin snarled. "How was he to know that Poo'Ro over here knew how to do...whatever the hell he did?!"



    aA minute after this, Sasheem had migrated to grassy knoll, grumbling and facing away from the other two in irritation, though still tithing earshot of any further conversation.

    Zxu’ro smiles slightly.

    “I believe my credentials are verified then?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #4083

    Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Willa activates one of the computer terminals and a security feed opens up.

    The video shows a series of mining platforms slowly excavating a large room. The lights attached to the platforms play over the remains of a large temple of sorts, or shrine.

    One with ties to the Ten Schools if the markings are correct.

    Another screen shows a drone floating through a room and archiving whatís inside. Gold, silver, and various jewels lay in piles. Another drone plays light over ancient weapon racks mostly rotted away, but for a doEn or so gleaming magical items it seems. Another drone yet shows a library being examined, light playing over ancient scrolls.

    And the last camera show cases a massive earthen body, like Damask but more. It lays silent and unmoving, though there also appears to be two more massive bodies beside this one. One of ancient bronze like metal, the other of pure crystal.
    Prying eyes. Even beneath a mountain at the end of the Earth, they were moving pieces on somebody else's track.

    She followed the Colonel into yet another sequestered portion of the base. Another layer to Willa's operation, kept at a distant need-to-know basis.

    We have barely enough to power the barracks topside and you've been doing this,

    Though Kenshiko did not so much as mutter, the thoughts were stark beneath the surface as her view moved from one drone feed to the next, poring over the buried archive.

    The entire time... Drowned history, forgotten. For a moment she peered behind her to Damask's towering frame, silhouetted against the light of the cavern at their back.

    It was then she noticed that one of these dead and discarded things bore the same sigil that was etched into her back.

    "You going to start explaining what this is, Colonel?"

  4. #4084

    Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro [Zaofan]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Zxuíro smiles slightly.

    ďI believe my credentials are verified then?Ē
    "You've certainly proven you can defend yourself, at least"

    Not for nothing, but Sasheem had thrown himself headfirst against Young 'Ro without a second thought.

    Of course, Zaofan knew that in his heart of hearts, frankly he would not have fared much better, even if he could track the path and purpose of the movements. This left them rather at an impasse...but while it was clear that this young man wasn't their enemy, in spite of himself he couldn't help but remain quite skeptical about the whole thing.

    And there's something else in the very air of this place...I can't quite put my finger on it.

    Where Ochazuke had gathered the spirit bomb, sourced directly from the grounds of each of the Ten Schools, when he placed his hand against the chamber wall it was as if the Earth itself had swallowed its own increase. And ever since they stepped into this place, it was like a faint ringing of a tone almost imperceptibly high. It filled his ki sense, as if everything here had been imbued with something.

    It's not exactly a Geofront, now is it? However...

    "Um...so, to dial things back a bit, where exactly are we?"

  5. #4085
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Prying eyes. Even beneath a mountain at the end of the Earth, they were moving pieces on somebody else's track.

    She followed the Colonel into yet another sequestered portion of the base. Another layer to Willa's operation, kept at a distant need-to-know basis.

    We have barely enough to power the barracks topside and you've been doing this,

    Though Kenshiko did not so much as mutter, the thoughts were stark beneath the surface as her view moved from one drone feed to the next, poring over the buried archive.

    The entire time... Drowned history, forgotten. For a moment she peered behind her to Damask's towering frame, silhouetted against the light of the cavern at their back.

    It was then she noticed that one of these dead and discarded things bore the same sigil that was etched into her back.

    "You going to start explaining what this is, Colonel?"
    “Yes.”

    She points to the screens.

    “Forgotten history. Weapons to bolster our forces. Scrolls of hidden techniques or styles. From what I understand, there was a single martial school that was called the Chimera. It splintered and became ten, then the five you are familiar with. This ruin was once a temple dedicated to it.”

    “The riches found here will fund us for years. No more power outages. No more need to steal weapons or supplies. We can finally get better food.”

    She sighs.

    “I did not tell our forces because I was not sure what would be found here. I originally found Damask on the outskirts here, a ruined form. Only recently have I discovered there was more to him, and this place.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #4086
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "You've certainly proven you can defend yourself, at least"

    Not for nothing, but Sasheem had thrown himself headfirst against Young 'Ro without a second thought.

    Of course, Zaofan knew that in his heart of hearts, frankly he would not have fared much better, even if he could track the path and purpose of the movements. This left them rather at an impasse...but while it was clear that this young man wasn't their enemy, in spite of himself he couldn't help but remain quite skeptical about the whole thing.

    And there's something else in the very air of this place...I can't quite put my finger on it.

    Where Ochazuke had gathered the spirit bomb, sourced directly from the grounds of each of the Ten Schools, when he placed his hand against the chamber wall it was as if the Earth itself had swallowed its own increase. And ever since they stepped into this place, it was like a faint ringing of a tone almost imperceptibly high. It filled his ki sense, as if everything here had been imbued with something.

    It's not exactly a Geofront, now is it? However...

    "Um...so, to dial things back a bit, where exactly are we?"

    “This is sort of a.....hmm, how do you say it? A temporal spiritual bubble? A small piece of the past combined with psychic energy, fed by the spirit of the Earth. A small pocket dimension is a close explanation as well.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #4087

    Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďYes.Ē

    She points to the screens.

    ďForgotten history. Weapons to bolster our forces. Scrolls of hidden techniques or styles. From what I understand, there was a single martial school that was called the Chimera. It splintered and became ten, then the five you are familiar with. This ruin was once a temple dedicated to it.Ē

    ďThe riches found here will fund us for years. No more power outages. No more need to steal weapons or supplies. We can finally get better food.Ē

    She sighs.

    ďI did not tell our forces because I was not sure what would be found here. I originally found Damask on the outskirts here, a ruined form. Only recently have I discovered there was more to him, and this place.Ē
    Kenshiko's lips briefly parted, stilled but for the silent fog from the corners of her mouth. Where the wordless whisper escaped, she mouthed his name...

    Every day in Solitary she'd stared at that facsimile, extracting everything she could from Zxu'ro's Challenge and First Forms of the Five, gazing back to find the way forward as she always had, because there was nothing ahead of their path but more battles.

    The Five from the Ten. The pieces were slowly starting to come together, but faint images and glimpses would not be enough to go on.

    "Show me the way down there. I want to see it for myself."

  8. #4088

    Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro [Zaofan]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďThis is sort of a.....hmm, how do you say it? A temporal spiritual bubble? A small piece of the past combined with psychic energy, fed by the spirit of the Earth. A small pocket dimension is a close explanation as well.Ē
    "I-"

    Zaofan's eyes stilled, and stupefied in mid-blink, the silence that radiated from him seemed to join the uncanny still, air that reached from the hollow they came in from to the heights of this green mountaintop.

    A butterfly nestled itself upon a wildflower, and they would sooner hear it take in its nectar.

    Time wrest away from time and wrought from memory. Not since little Morgan and what had befallen the last vestiges of Avalon in the North had he seen anything quite like this. Yet it was plain to see before him that this was no feat of magic.

    The chef shuddered, for the memory was still quite near. Ever since that long stretch of endless night where the howling Void threatened to seize a fallen eon to eternity, he'd began to question everything he'd come to assume about humankind. It was his source of pride that food brought everyone together, and that many barriers between people could be dissolved with the promise of nourishment and hospitality.

    Yet it had been undeniable that when pressed, beaten down, with nowhere else to go, that same common passion, it turned into a ravenous zeal to survive at all costs.

    Cold. Cruel. Like beasts. There had to be a better way than this.

    Still short of words, the martial chef cautiously raised a hand upward toward the bright, sunless sky.

    Curiosity got the better of him, and using the Genki technique imparted to him, he slowly pulled at the makeup of the dimension into himself.

  9. #4089
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Kenshiko's lips briefly parted, stilled but for the silent fog from the corners of her mouth. Where the wordless whisper escaped, she mouthed his name...

    Every day in Solitary she'd stared at that facsimile, extracting everything she could from Zxu'ro's Challenge and First Forms of the Five, gazing back to find the way forward as she always had, because there was nothing ahead of their path but more battles.

    The Five from the Ten. The pieces were slowly starting to come together, but faint images and glimpses would not be enough to go on.

    "Show me the way down there. I want to see it for myself."
    “It isn’t fully excavated yet. It could be dangerous. Do you still wish to go?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #4090
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I-"

    Zaofan's eyes stilled, and stupefied in mid-blink, the silence that radiated from him seemed to join the uncanny still, air that reached from the hollow they came in from to the heights of this green mountaintop.

    A butterfly nestled itself upon a wildflower, and they would sooner hear it take in its nectar.

    Time wrest away from time and wrought from memory. Not since little Morgan and what had befallen the last vestiges of Avalon in the North had he seen anything quite like this. Yet it was plain to see before him that this was no feat of magic.

    The chef shuddered, for the memory was still quite near. Ever since that long stretch of endless night where the howling Void threatened to seize a fallen eon to eternity, he'd began to question everything he'd come to assume about humankind. It was his source of pride that food brought everyone together, and that many barriers between people could be dissolved with the promise of nourishment and hospitality.

    Yet it had been undeniable that when pressed, beaten down, with nowhere else to go, that same common passion, it turned into a ravenous zeal to survive at all costs.

    Cold. Cruel. Like beasts. There had to be a better way than this.

    Still short of words, the martial chef cautiously raised a hand upward toward the bright, sunless sky.

    Curiosity got the better of him, and using the Genki technique imparted to him, he slowly pulled at the makeup of the dimension into himself.
    The brilliant warmth of the Earth fills him, the calm of the Genki a soothing balm.

    Zxu’ro smiles.

    “The Earth itself maintains this place. As for myself....think of me as an...imprint. A memory. I’m technically not the real Zxu’ro, but the Earth’s memory of him brought here to further help his chosen disciples.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #4091

    Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďIt isnít fully excavated yet. It could be dangerous. Do you still wish to go?Ē
    Over the entire planet they were outmatched. Anywhere the President fell his gaze, he soon clasped it in his hands or ground it to dust beneath his boot-heel.

    But beneath the known world, all this was left to rot and forgotten forever. The pages of the Hidden Hand entrusted to her and the path of Zxu'ro there were things under the the surface waiting to be rebuilt.

    If there was even the slightest chance that in these catacombs was something he could not yet reach, then perhaps this blind world could be awakened and turned against its tyrant.

    To throw off the shackles of the WG, she would find it.

    But suddenly, the Colonel was concerned with the risk. As if we have anything else to lose. Kenshiko's glove crinkled, leather twist in her grip.

    "Who do you think I am?"

  12. #4092

    Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro [Zaofan]

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The brilliant warmth of the Earth fills him, the calm of the Genki a soothing balm.

    Zxuíro smiles.

    ďThe Earth itself maintains this place. As for myself....think of me as an...imprint. A memory. Iím technically not the real Zxuíro, but the Earthís memory of him brought here to further help his chosen disciples.Ē
    Oooo...

    Unmistakably, he felt the effect before when he'd collected the little whispers of the world, charged with the memory of what had passed so long ago.

    Strangely, the sensation was, in some manner, fleeting, almost as it seemed to stand entirely apart despite what all he saw and felt before him.

    Despite all appearances, was Young 'Ro little more than an after-image, of sorts? Zaofan's heart sunk just a little as he slowly connected the dots.

    "Well, uh...," he scratched his head, peering warily over to where Sasheem was squatting the grass, "Don't know about chosen, we've never really met."

    Not exactly, anyway*.

    "I guess I was hoping we'd find a little something..." More? "...different, is all."

    Whether a magical Familiar's will or some Avatar for a dread thing from a higher dimension, the way the last year went left Zaofan's head spinning fretfully, like dipping the tasting spoon into the same spice jars. Only this time, the echo of that distant past was equal parts familiar, and that was a small, humane comfort after seeing so much gone twisted and wrong.

  13. #4093
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "Magi Queen Persephone...?"

    Breaking the silence, he could only speak her name, and it was with a considerable amount of courage that he continued.

    "...It seems a great deal has befallen the Kingdom of Avalon, I'm afraid," he stammered, congeniality masking the fact that he was speaking for the sake of keeping his own mind from slipping, "but your Morgan led us here! Sworn to do her duty, we helped her tend to some unfinished business!"

    Yes...that ought to do it- what am I doing?!
    Nonchalantly, the being before him takes a moment to appraise the cook. All the pressure in the room seemed to focus down upon him as she walks slowly up to him...her attention seemingly manifest as a palpable force, holding him in place. She was shorter then Zaofan, by a fair degree infact, but her overwhelming presence dwarfed everything else in the room. With a grand gesture, the Queen of Avalon lifted her arms and opened her mouth to speak...

    ....and nothing came out.

    The Queen mouth made the motions, but failed to produce any sound. A brief moment of confusion lit her features, but it quickly passed into an exaggerated look of bother. With her finger, she traced a small sigil on her neck that glowed briefly with magic.

    "La.....La le.....Looo.....Ha....He....Hoo.....Baaaaa......." Persephone uttered several nonsensical sounds, seeming on the verge of casting some sort of horrible curse......except she then broke into a chuckle.

    "....Oh my.....what a...nostalgic feeling. I haven't spoken physically in an eternity. Ahhh....Where was I...." She looked up to Zaofan. ".........Hmm.........." She tilted her head, quietly watching him a moment as if expecting something....and tapped her foot and made the motion of sighing. "......New subjects....I would expected you at least a modicum of proper manners given the time spent with my familiar.....it lieu of your service I'll overlook it this time. Kneel."

    The word left Persephone mouth as a command, and the weight on the backs of everyone present seemed to intensify exponentially. Zaofan, stood before her, had no hope of resisting...the force only abating slightly when he was reduced to slightly below her eye level. The other fared no better, save Rex strength, Ochazukes will and Morgans position.

    "I dislike looking up at people....I hope your'll take this inter consideration in the future. Now then.....To answer your question. Yes, I am Persephone, Queen of Avalon and Guardian of Earth....and yes, I am aware of your journey here. Truly I had not expected such a motley assortment as my saviors....but worth is measured in the eye of yog-sothoth. You've demonstrated your skill and deeds enough to have my favor. Rejoice."

    The Queen smiled, it was a curious expression....a carefree, pleasant smile contrasting the grim setting around them.

    "Now then......You've earned yourself a reward. Ask of me what you will, at the very least I assume you wish answers to some sort of question.....no-one comes to Avalon by chance."

  14. #4094

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Bio-Jagam cocked his head to one side. "You...." his expression, curious for a moment, curled into a nasty grin. "I remember you. A half-life whelp. How fortuitous it is that I get to wipe out two of you this day. You should not have come to face me on your provolonesome."

    P-Sta and P-Cee, both of their Katchin hides cracked, their cyborg shells sparking with electricity and loose wiring due to the heavy damage inflicted by Jagam's initial attacks were being pulled back put of the fray by their remaining two siblings as Bio-Jagam began to charge his ki.

    "You don't seem to understand...I am not the Jagam of old," the clone continued, staring down Totoma. "With my rebirth comes unBRIElievable power!" He let his Stale Bead Shield fall as he raised his right hand, extending his index and pointer fingers, yelling, "ASIAGO ASSAULT!"

    From his fingertips, orb after orb of yellow ki surrounded the air around Totoma, numbering at around fifty. Each orb around the size of a bicycle and standing in place surrounding the half saiyan. Outwardly they appeared to be made of ki...but the snell drifting from them was a waft of cheesy aroma. Almost as if they were tempting Totoma to reach out and take a bite....
    Mmm, those orbs smelled good... real good. Totoma reached out as if in a trance, but then stopped. No... this was clearly some sort of trick! And he, the Hero of Capital City, would not fall for it.

    Clenching his fists, several Void Lens manifested, most of them engulfing the delicious attacks. The others... concentrated and spat out the ki balls into a thin stream. Round and round they went, entering and exiting his Void Lens, creating a swirling... cheesy ring around Jagam.



    "Take this, villain!" he yelled, as the void lens turned towards Jagam and deposited their cheesy payload upon him.

    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  15. #4095
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Over the entire planet they were outmatched. Anywhere the President fell his gaze, he soon clasped it in his hands or ground it to dust beneath his boot-heel.

    But beneath the known world, all this was left to rot and forgotten forever. The pages of the Hidden Hand entrusted to her and the path of Zxu'ro there were things under the the surface waiting to be rebuilt.

    If there was even the slightest chance that in these catacombs was something he could not yet reach, then perhaps this blind world could be awakened and turned against its tyrant.

    To throw off the shackles of the WG, she would find it.

    But suddenly, the Colonel was concerned with the risk. As if we have anything else to lose. Kenshiko's glove crinkled, leather twist in her grip.

    "Who do you think I am?"
    ďA person, not a disposable resource. An ally, even possibly a friend. But I see you are determined. Very well, follow me.Ē

    Willa and Damask lead Kenshiko outside and around the outside of the base until, after half an hour, they reach a car sized opening.

    ďDown this shaft.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •