Page 274 of 294 FirstFirst ... 174224264270271272273274275276277278284 ... LastLast
Results 4,096 to 4,110 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Oooo...

Unmistakably, he felt the effect before when he'd collected the little whispers of the world, charged with the memory of what had passed so long ago.

Strangely, the sensation was, in some manner, fleeting, almost as it seemed to stand entirely apart despite what all he saw and felt before him.

Despite all appearances, was Young 'Ro little more than an after-image, of sorts? Zaofan's heart sunk just a little as he slowly connected the dots.

"Well, uh...," he scratched his head, peering warily over to where Sasheem was squatting the grass, "Don't know about chosen, we've never really met."

Not exactly, anyway*.

"I guess I was hoping we'd find a little something..." More? "...different, is all."

Whether a magical Familiar's will or some Avatar for a dread thing from a higher dimension, the way the last year went left Zaofan's head spinning fretfully, like dipping the tasting spoon into the same spice jars. Only this time, the echo of that distant past was equal parts familiar, and that was a small, humane comfort after seeing so much gone twisted and wrong.
    “I understand. Eventually you and the other chosen will meet the real me, and it is there you’ll truly take upon my legacy. Tell me, Zaofan, what of my techniques do you both know so far?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Default The Mountains of Madness

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Nonchalantly, the being before him takes a moment to appraise the cook. All the pressure in the room seemed to focus down upon him as she walks slowly up to him...her attention seemingly manifest as a palpable force, holding him in place. She was shorter then Zaofan, by a fair degree infact, but her overwhelming presence dwarfed everything else in the room. With a grand gesture, the Queen of Avalon lifted her arms and opened her mouth to speak...

....and nothing came out.

The Queen mouth made the motions, but failed to produce any sound. A brief moment of confusion lit her features, but it quickly passed into an exaggerated look of bother. With her finger, she traced a small sigil on her neck that glowed briefly with magic.

"La.....La le.....Looo.....Ha....He....Hoo.....Baaaaa......." Persephone uttered several nonsensical sounds, seeming on the verge of casting some sort of horrible curse......except she then broke into a chuckle.

"....Oh my.....what a...nostalgic feeling. I haven't spoken physically in an eternity. Ahhh....Where was I...." She looked up to Zaofan. ".........Hmm.........." She tilted her head, quietly watching him a moment as if expecting something....and tapped her foot and made the motion of sighing. "......New subjects....I would expected you at least a modicum of proper manners given the time spent with my familiar.....it lieu of your service I'll overlook it this time. Kneel."

The word left Persephone mouth as a command, and the weight on the backs of everyone present seemed to intensify exponentially. Zaofan, stood before her, had no hope of resisting...the force only abating slightly when he was reduced to slightly below her eye level. The other fared no better, save Rex strength, Ochazukes will and Morgans position.

"I dislike looking up at people....I hope your'll take this inter consideration in the future. Now then.....To answer your question. Yes, I am Persephone, Queen of Avalon and Guardian of Earth....and yes, I am aware of your journey here. Truly I had not expected such a motley assortment as my saviors....but worth is measured in the eye of yog-sothoth. You've demonstrated your skill and deeds enough to have my favor. Rejoice."

The Queen smiled, it was a curious expression....a carefree, pleasant smile contrasting the grim setting around them.

"Now then......You've earned yourself a reward. Ask of me what you will, at the very least I assume you wish answers to some sort of question.....no-one comes to Avalon by chance."
    Katchin quivered in Zaofan's hands, and leaning his weight upon it it began to chip into the floor of desolate Avalon where the Queen now held her mock court. Braced upon the adamantine staff, it was by the Sheep's Fortitude that Zaofan's rattling grip painstakingly held his position.

"Looking...up at somebody....is one thing," Zaofan stammered, yet his eyes never quite left hers, "Don't...think anyone likes...to be looked down upon...regardless."

The pale blue ki he put into his katchin weapon sharply shrank its aura. It was taking all of his strength of will to stand, and even more to remain cordial when all his instincts screamed at him for dread.

Run. Run!

"But if it makes you...feel better...how about...reaching across the aisle...for friends of Morgan La Fay?" He faltered, for the weight upon his back was great, pronounced most where it lanced into his heart and mind. "How many...thousands of years...waiting...I don't think...she wanted to...come back to this...?"

Even with the Bear's Strength coiled within his legs he struggled to keep himself upright through the power of ki.

And perhaps, that difference was just it. The energy in this dead chamber, if it could even be called something like ki and far from magic as he had known, it was twisted, uncanny...it was not alive.

Far more sensitive to this subliminal matter was Ochazuke. Fallen to a knee in silence, by all appearances he had been the first to fall to Persephone's decree. The Guardian of Earth?

Her brazen statement struck him in tandem with the undead witch's worship. There was no Spark of Creation to be seen here, what growth had emerged from the ice-sheets and tundra an artificial synthesis of matter and that horrid substance prying between spaces in the twisting ether. The Void that had brought Cthylla to their company was the very same that birthed Amdapor's sleeping gods.

Yog-Sothoth. The utterance of that name even in his thoughts racked his insides with an icy, crawling sensation, as if to speak it would draw manifold eyes and feelers towards him. Yet she who had returned from beyond the veil spoke it freely. At last he understood quite clearly this place no mere machinery.

Neither tomb nor sanctuary. This is a living passage between the worlds.

Planting the flat of his fist downward, Arthur's ring pressed flat against the orichalum substance of the chamber floor.

"Nobody comes to this place by chance...was the death of your kingdom merely by chance as well?" Ochazuke faced downward, his voice tightened with a silent rage. The creatures that sang her worship, they were once human; their flesh stretched to vapour now reconstituted her new physical form.

At the very least, Rex did not put on airs when he twisted a life for his own needs.

"What hope did you have to revive it," Ochazuke continued, "when your charges, you guard, your degenerate heir could not uphold it?"

Default One Year Ago: Charlie Base and What They Found There [Kenshiko]

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “A person, not a disposable resource. An ally, even possibly a friend. But I see you are determined. Very well, follow me.”

Willa and Damask lead Kenshiko outside and around the outside of the base until, after half an hour, they reach a car sized opening.

“Down this shaft.”
    By the Colonel's lead, Kenshiko found the wind-blown path along the blasted, black rocks. The torrid sea carried such a chill that cut through the air like cruel blades. there they found the passage.
    Whisps of vapor escaped with a low hiss between Kenshiko's teeth. She raised a hand, gilded with a crackling golden glow. By this illumination, as she passed through she saw steel support beams, like uneven surgical staples, bolting the cavern open.

As the winds rushed past through that rocky slit, its passing howl trickled through the dark hollows past the surface, it seemed as if a low wail called out from deep below.

Buried by the passing ages, the ghosts of Vermilion called their company below.

Kenshiko moved past the entrance and cast a long gaze over the mine shaft. Stretching her arm over the yawning chasm, there was a rush of air from below that wicked past her, blood-warm. The glow in her palm swelled to a globe, and tipping it over, she let descend.

Tracking its path as it fell, all too shortly the light faded the deeper it fell into that darkness The Sergeant peered over the edge and muttered silently to herself. It seemed the thing had no bottom.

Then in an instant, there was a flash, as of the light offered had been collected and returned several times over. Something deep within the Earth had responded.

Heedlessly, she leapt after it straight into the abyss, the impact of her landing buffered by a short kiai. When she looked over to where her energy orb illuminated, she found the crystal formations standing under the excavation drones as they whirled above in clinical examination. Prismatic geode formations stood, silent crystalline towers. Their flat edges collected the light cast from the light source of her own ki into broad rays, cast from one to the next as they spread. The deposit field that lay below the entirety of Charlie Base stood alit, and where the facets caught the light they stood a field of fiery tongues.

Sequestered in the darkness, the secret history of this place was soon to come to light.

She pressed forward, each step forward carried by a burning within her. Something was down here, and all she had to do was reach out and grasp it.

By the Colonel's lead, Kenshiko found the wind-blown path along the blasted, black rocks. The torrid sea carried such a chill that cut through the air like cruel blades. there they found the passage.
    Whisps of vapor escaped with a low hiss between Kenshiko's teeth. She raised a hand, gilded with a crackling golden glow. By this illumination, as she passed through she saw steel support beams, like uneven surgical staples, bolting the cavern open.

As the winds rushed past through that rocky slit, its passing howl trickled through the dark hollows past the surface, it seemed as if a low wail called out from deep below.

Buried by the passing ages, the ghosts of Vermilion called their company below.

Kenshiko moved past the entrance and cast a long gaze over the mine shaft. Stretching her arm over the yawning chasm, there was a rush of air from below that wicked past her, blood-warm. The glow in her palm swelled to a globe, and tipping it over, she let descend.

Tracking its path as it fell, all too shortly the light faded the deeper it fell into that darkness The Sergeant peered over the edge and muttered silently to herself. It seemed the thing had no bottom.

Then in an instant, there was a flash, as of the light offered had been collected and returned several times over. Something deep within the Earth had responded.

Heedlessly, she leapt after it straight into the abyss, the impact of her landing buffered by a short kiai. When she looked over to where her energy orb illuminated, she found the crystal formations standing under the excavation drones as they whirled above in clinical examination. Prismatic geode formations stood, silent crystalline towers. Their flat edges collected the light cast from the light source of her own ki into broad rays, cast from one to the next as they spread. The deposit field that lay below the entirety of Charlie Base stood alit, and where the facets caught the light they stood a field of fiery tongues.

Sequestered in the darkness, the secret history of this place was soon to come to light.

She pressed forward, each step forward carried by a burning within her. Something was down here, and all she had to do was reach out and grasp it.
    The air is stale and warm, the low sound of the excavation drones the only sound behind Kenshiko’s own breathing. Amidst the rubble she sees what she saw on Willa’s monitors, and assuredly before her she sees the armory and the temple library.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Default Disciples of the Dragon VII: The Legacy of Zxu'ro [Zaofan]

“I understand. Eventually you and the other chosen will meet the real me, and it is there you’ll truly take upon my legacy. Tell me, Zaofan, what of my techniques do you both know so far?”
    Zxu'ro's words struck him with a weight he'd never felt before, and taken quite off-guard by the revelation he was not here, he found himself quite short of words for a moment.

More than the fire in the kitchen hearth and even the simple pleasures of flavour, he'd never quite found a sense of place in his travels.

Ryuu-Shingen's technique had piqued his curiosity, only for the bloodlust to destroy the entire Hokuto order; Toh Magoh's promises of strength had played him for a fool; and Eskrimato's faction of the Turtle School, well, by then the training was far too late. The damage had been done, and he didn't want a master so long in years to waste his time on an uncommited fool like him.

In the end, perhaps it had only been the kitchens where he belonged, and for years he'd wandered, but never stayed in one place too long. The world was a great, wide place, after all, and the heritage of the Earth had been his anchor. Rooted in its strength to endure a great tumultuous history, he'd clung to it in an effort to find his place.

Only after meeting Ochazuke and Sasheem did he finally have an inkling of what that might be, and with that all had befallen Master Balon, he swore, then, that he would do his best to ensure none of this would be forgotten. There was something in the knowledge they shared that went beyond a simple friendship or tutelage.

Eventually you and the other chosen will meet the real me.

His heart shrank and he felt his insides hollow, as if the entire world fell out from beneath his feet and cast him adrift once more. Mara the Wolf, Tao'ro the Spider, the diaspora of the Bedlam clan, Cinder's fallen Phoenix ashes, and the tainted legacy of Leon's student, the World Champion. For all the ugliness that had befallen this world, he wanted to do right by them. The path they set out led to counsel with the Master.

All that struggle, secrecy, and lives lost, and he wasn't even really here.

It is there you’ll truly take upon my legacy.

The whole time, was he only ever chasing an idea? Right now, he was having words with a phantom.

He'd crossed hands with a Saiyan Elite, stared a Time Elemental in its fateful vortex, fought within the factories of the First Race, and breached the veil to glance headlong into the Void...

But it was never enough. No matter what he did, he would never catch up while the entire universe left him behind.

"I don't know what good it will do," he said, eyebrows raised over heavy-lidded eyes, the facade of a thin smile stretched over his face, "But we've come this far...so you tell me."

Having reached into the gathered ki that made up the shape of this living memory, Zaofan sighed and entered a deep, crouching stance, gathering ki towards himself as the agility of the Wolf and fortitude of the Bear entered his frame. Kicking off into a series of rapidfire blows, there were hints there. The arcing shell of a Turtle in the After-Image, traced upon the Crane's evasive footwork, feeding into the coiling limbs and snapping claws of the Dragon.

A gout of the Flame taught to him by Balon-sensei animated the next sequence, impossibly hot as it swept upward, but so controlled it caught neither leaf nor grass as he thinned and fanned it, caught spread wide by the Spider's silk, invisible.

Closing out the blended kata sequence, Zaofan felt ill at the display. It was his; it was an unorthodox hodgepodge.

"...and my colleague over there," he pointed to Sasheem, "he's carrying on the legacy of the Snake."

Zxu'ro's words struck him with a weight he'd never felt before, and taken quite off-guard by the revelation he was not here, he found himself quite short of words for a moment.

More than the fire in the kitchen hearth and even the simple pleasures of flavour, he'd never quite found a sense of place in his travels.

Ryuu-Shingen's technique had piqued his curiosity, only for the bloodlust to destroy the entire Hokuto order; Toh Magoh's promises of strength had played him for a fool; and Eskrimato's faction of the Turtle School, well, by then the training was far too late. The damage had been done, and he didn't want a master so long in years to waste his time on an uncommited fool like him.

In the end, perhaps it had only been the kitchens where he belonged, and for years he'd wandered, but never stayed in one place too long. The world was a great, wide place, after all, and the heritage of the Earth had been his anchor. Rooted in its strength to endure a great tumultuous history, he'd clung to it in an effort to find his place.

Only after meeting Ochazuke and Sasheem did he finally have an inkling of what that might be, and with that all had befallen Master Balon, he swore, then, that he would do his best to ensure none of this would be forgotten. There was something in the knowledge they shared that went beyond a simple friendship or tutelage.

Eventually you and the other chosen will meet the real me.

His heart shrank and he felt his insides hollow, as if the entire world fell out from beneath his feet and cast him adrift once more. Mara the Wolf, Tao'ro the Spider, the diaspora of the Bedlam clan, Cinder's fallen Phoenix ashes, and the tainted legacy of Leon's student, the World Champion. For all the ugliness that had befallen this world, he wanted to do right by them. The path they set out led to counsel with the Master.

All that struggle, secrecy, and lives lost, and he wasn't even really here.

It is there you’ll truly take upon my legacy.

The whole time, was he only ever chasing an idea? Right now, he was having words with a phantom.

He'd crossed hands with a Saiyan Elite, stared a Time Elemental in its fateful vortex, fought within the factories of the First Race, and breached the veil to glance headlong into the Void...

But it was never enough. No matter what he did, he would never catch up while the entire universe left him behind.

"I don't know what good it will do," he said, eyebrows raised over heavy-lidded eyes, the facade of a thin smile stretched over his face, "But we've come this far...so you tell me."

Having reached into the gathered ki that made up the shape of this living memory, Zaofan sighed and entered a deep, crouching stance, gathering ki towards himself as the agility of the Wolf and fortitude of the Bear entered his frame. Kicking off into a series of rapidfire blows, there were hints there. The arcing shell of a Turtle in the After-Image, traced upon the Crane's evasive footwork, feeding into the coiling limbs and snapping claws of the Dragon.

A gout of the Flame taught to him by Balon-sensei animated the next sequence, impossibly hot as it swept upward, but so controlled it caught neither leaf nor grass as he thinned and fanned it, caught spread wide by the Spider's silk, invisible.

Closing out the blended kata sequence, Zaofan felt ill at the display. It was his; it was an unorthodox hodgepodge.

"...and my colleague over there," he pointed to Sasheem, "he's carrying on the legacy of the Snake."
    Ro doesn’t seem displeased at the display. Rather, he seems quite proud of Zaofan’s talent and skill.

“That was most impressive, Zaofan. Truly. Your skill is impressive and you honor me with it.”

He bows to Zaofan, then risks and looks upon Sasheem.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Ro doesn’t seem displeased at the display. Rather, he seems quite proud of Zaofan’s talent and skill.

“That was most impressive, Zaofan. Truly. Your skill is impressive and you honor me with it.”

He bows to Zaofan, then risks and looks upon Sasheem.
    Sasheem sniffed as he stood up, still fuming. It honestly hadn't occurred to him just how much he'd been left out of until Zaofan showed off techniques he had no knowledge of.

Still it didn't matter. What the Majin lacked in quantity, he could make up in his concentrated studies of the handful of styles he knew. His quest to master the Snake School's ultimate technique would require no less. Centuries of lost history and then some resided within Sasheem and through Balon's training he knew how to further utilize them towards their maximum potential. "Excuse Sasheem if he doesn't have as many techniques to show off, but if you really wanna see what the sole heir of the Snake School has inherited..."

Sasheem quickly motioned his arms until his right stood pointed out in front of him, his left held behind in reserve as both limbs quickly cycled through various motions, imitating the precise movements of a viper, readying it's fangs to lash out and strike.

With a subtle motion, he shot a small ki blasts shoots into the grass below, nearly undetectable thanks to swift usage of The Spider's Blessing.

The small blast kicked up a single blade of grass and from Sasheem's knuckles grew razor sharp blades of The Bear's Clawsas he took a ferocious stance, before shifting swiftly back into the quicky and snappy strikes of the Snake School, jabbing at the blade of grass several dozen times within the span of a few seconds.

The single blade spun around in mid-air, looking no different, despite being the Majin's assaults....until one gazed upon it with closer inspection to witness several tiny holes pierced into it. The holes began to fizzle, soon consuming the grass into nothingness with Venomous Ki.

Suddenly, shifting into his Naga Palm technique, multiple arms still emerging from his body, Sasheem took a stance reminiscent of that of a crouching spider, masking his ki again before firing a blasts from each of his hands off into the distance.

The blasts began to circle around the skies, back towards their target, Sasheem himself. The Majin smirked as he raised up both his arms, taking a stance and utilizing a yet to he unveiled technique that he had developed whilst training under Balon. "Daijinryuu-Ken!" Both arms became coated in Katchin....but then became serated, not unlike the hardened scales of the great beasts summoned from the Dragon Balls.

Sasheem took the brunt of all seven blasts, and while the force of each skidded back, until he swiped both arms forward and the blasts suddenly dispersed.

Returning to the hill he had previously sat upon, Sasheem took a seat once more. "So, master of masters," The Majin added with a hint of mockery. "Whadjya think of that?"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Nonchalantly, the being before him takes a moment to appraise the cook. All the pressure in the room seemed to focus down upon him as she walks slowly up to him...her attention seemingly manifest as a palpable force, holding him in place. She was shorter then Zaofan, by a fair degree infact, but her overwhelming presence dwarfed everything else in the room. With a grand gesture, the Queen of Avalon lifted her arms and opened her mouth to speak...

....and nothing came out.

The Queen mouth made the motions, but failed to produce any sound. A brief moment of confusion lit her features, but it quickly passed into an exaggerated look of bother. With her finger, she traced a small sigil on her neck that glowed briefly with magic.

"La.....La le.....Looo.....Ha....He....Hoo.....Baaaaa......." Persephone uttered several nonsensical sounds, seeming on the verge of casting some sort of horrible curse......except she then broke into a chuckle.

"....Oh my.....what a...nostalgic feeling. I haven't spoken physically in an eternity. Ahhh....Where was I...." She looked up to Zaofan. ".........Hmm.........." She tilted her head, quietly watching him a moment as if expecting something....and tapped her foot and made the motion of sighing. "......New subjects....I would expected you at least a modicum of proper manners given the time spent with my familiar.....it lieu of your service I'll overlook it this time. Kneel."

The word left Persephone mouth as a command, and the weight on the backs of everyone present seemed to intensify exponentially. Zaofan, stood before her, had no hope of resisting...the force only abating slightly when he was reduced to slightly below her eye level. The other fared no better, save Rex strength, Ochazukes will and Morgans position.

"I dislike looking up at people....I hope your'll take this inter consideration in the future. Now then.....To answer your question. Yes, I am Persephone, Queen of Avalon and Guardian of Earth....and yes, I am aware of your journey here. Truly I had not expected such a motley assortment as my saviors....but worth is measured in the eye of yog-sothoth. You've demonstrated your skill and deeds enough to have my favor. Rejoice."

The Queen smiled, it was a curious expression....a carefree, pleasant smile contrasting the grim setting around them.

"Now then......You've earned yourself a reward. Ask of me what you will, at the very least I assume you wish answers to some sort of question.....no-one comes to Avalon by chance."
    The Queen's... reluctance to acknowledge the saurian's presence was noted. It was fully intentional, after all, that he knew all too well. She was trying to rile him up by pretending he didn't exist in her presence although he was the one who had ruined her blasphemous kingdom in the first place. He could feel the veins bulge from his forehead in seething hatred as he blood boiled even hotter than the effects of Charco's lingering explosion had felt.

He would not go quietly into that dark night, even if it was her intention.

"I would not get comfortable if I were you..." He began, exhaling his rage in order to conduct himself, "Your awakening was merely a side-effect of cleaning up the garbage that was and still is, Avalon." He hoped the venom in his words would twist the knife in what desiccated and frigid heart she had left.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem sniffed as he stood up, still fuming. It honestly hadn't occurred to him just how much he'd been left out of until Zaofan showed off techniques he had no knowledge of.

Still it didn't matter. What the Majin lacked in quantity, he could make up in his concentrated studies of the handful of styles he knew. His quest to master the Snake School's ultimate technique would require no less. Centuries of lost history and then some resided within Sasheem and through Balon's training he knew how to further utilize them towards their maximum potential. "Excuse Sasheem if he doesn't have as many techniques to show off, but if you really wanna see what the sole heir of the Snake School has inherited..."

Sasheem quickly motioned his arms until his right stood pointed out in front of him, his left held behind in reserve as both limbs quickly cycled through various motions, imitating the precise movements of a viper, readying it's fangs to lash out and strike.

With a subtle motion, he shot a small ki blasts shoots into the grass below, nearly undetectable thanks to swift usage of The Spider's Blessing.

The small blast kicked up a single blade of grass and from Sasheem's knuckles grew razor sharp blades of The Bear's Clawsas he took a ferocious stance, before shifting swiftly back into the quicky and snappy strikes of the Snake School, jabbing at the blade of grass several dozen times within the span of a few seconds.

The single blade spun around in mid-air, looking no different, despite being the Majin's assaults....until one gazed upon it with closer inspection to witness several tiny holes pierced into it. The holes began to fizzle, soon consuming the grass into nothingness with Venomous Ki.

Suddenly, shifting into his Naga Palm technique, multiple arms still emerging from his body, Sasheem took a stance reminiscent of that of a crouching spider, masking his ki again before firing a blasts from each of his hands off into the distance.

The blasts began to circle around the skies, back towards their target, Sasheem himself. The Majin smirked as he raised up both his arms, taking a stance and utilizing a yet to he unveiled technique that he had developed whilst training under Balon. "Daijinryuu-Ken!" Both arms became coated in Katchin....but then became serated, not unlike the hardened scales of the great beasts summoned from the Dragon Balls.

Sasheem took the brunt of all seven blasts, and while the force of each skidded back, until he swiped both arms forward and the blasts suddenly dispersed.

Returning to the hill he had previously sat upon, Sasheem took a seat once more. "So, master of masters," The Majin added with a hint of mockery. "Whadjya think of that?"
    “Impressive. A bit...unorthodox at the last, but an excellent display.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The air is stale and warm, the low sound of the excavation drones the only sound behind Kenshiko’s own breathing. Amidst the rubble she sees what she saw on Willa’s monitors, and assuredly before her she sees the armory and the temple library.
    The small globe of ki fed its light into the field of crystals. Its light refracted upon each great facet glittered, the darkness fell back to reveal the little machines and the small whine of their rotary jets flit in small echoes as they resumed their delicate work, unveiling a sight unseen for ages. From the fissure entrance, any traces of daylight above soon faded from view, but paradoxically the projected light of her ki shone all the brighter, carried from prism to prism. A crude road leading deeper into the pit.

Kenshiko pressed a button onto her comm, static sounding out a channel to Willa and Damask miles above. "Contact. Moving forward."

Raisng a hand alit with energy, the Tiger Master continued to forge ahead where these wild, icy protrusions erupted from the stony strata.

soon the forms refined shortly, soon replaced by surfaces, geometrically rounded and square-measured.

Here was the remainder of a civiliazation thrust far underground, and the crystals served as a strange system of beacons that reacted accordingly to a living presence. When Kenshiko raised her hand, the bejewelled veins ebroidered into the facet construction bathed the area in a geographic masonry.

"Looks like it's not just a crystal mine. Somebody else got to refining your treasury far before we got here."

What sort of civilization was this? It would be impossible to measure entirely from here, but there were faint hints on the rock surface, where mineral leached through the condensation into drips. It was soon that she noticed amid the ruins that although columns rose , they served to hold no roof; The deposits of eons smoothed over the damage, forcefully conjoining them to a ceiling of shifted earth.

To her sensibilities the stalactite drops above came blood-warm as they fell.

How do you destroy the soul of a people?

Every step closer to this answer was with great trepidation. The Red Raiders knew the answer to that far too well, but as Heir to one of the Five Schools, the sheer scope and length of this repeated cycle caused Kenshiko to seethe. When she approached what Willa had designated the armory and library, and near their shattered walls, the light carried through the mineral veins revealed something horrid.
    There was some faded shape she could make out. Extraordinarily faint, like a trick of the light. Perhaps the illumination past the shadows itself eroded the shapes as much as the mineral issue dripping from the roof. Carved into the rock was a watery motif bearing acute stains of time.

A threat from the heavens to the mundane world below, its arrival heralded upon a falling red star. A bringer of light composed in awe and terror in equal measure stood in opposition.

What does this mean?

"Area's clear," she called out. "I have visual on something you and the Major ought to come see."

The small globe of ki fed its light into the field of crystals. Its light refracted upon each great facet glittered, the darkness fell back to reveal the little machines and the small whine of their rotary jets flit in small echoes as they resumed their delicate work, unveiling a sight unseen for ages. From the fissure entrance, any traces of daylight above soon faded from view, but paradoxically the projected light of her ki shone all the brighter, carried from prism to prism. A crude road leading deeper into the pit.

Kenshiko pressed a button onto her comm, static sounding out a channel to Willa and Damask miles above. "Contact. Moving forward."

Raisng a hand alit with energy, the Tiger Master continued to forge ahead where these wild, icy protrusions erupted from the stony strata.

soon the forms refined shortly, soon replaced by surfaces, geometrically rounded and square-measured.

Here was the remainder of a civiliazation thrust far underground, and the crystals served as a strange system of beacons that reacted accordingly to a living presence. When Kenshiko raised her hand, the bejewelled veins ebroidered into the facet construction bathed the area in a geographic masonry.

"Looks like it's not just a crystal mine. Somebody else got to refining your treasury far before we got here."

What sort of civilization was this? It would be impossible to measure entirely from here, but there were faint hints on the rock surface, where mineral leached through the condensation into drips. It was soon that she noticed amid the ruins that although columns rose , they served to hold no roof; The deposits of eons smoothed over the damage, forcefully conjoining them to a ceiling of shifted earth.

To her sensibilities the stalactite drops above came blood-warm as they fell.

How do you destroy the soul of a people?

Every step closer to this answer was with great trepidation. The Red Raiders knew the answer to that far too well, but as Heir to one of the Five Schools, the sheer scope and length of this repeated cycle caused Kenshiko to seethe. When she approached what Willa had designated the armory and library, and near their shattered walls, the light carried through the mineral veins revealed something horrid.
    There was some faded shape she could make out. Extraordinarily faint, like a trick of the light. Perhaps the illumination past the shadows itself eroded the shapes as much as the mineral issue dripping from the roof. Carved into the rock was a watery motif bearing acute stains of time.

A threat from the heavens to the mundane world below, its arrival heralded upon a falling red star. A bringer of light composed in awe and terror in equal measure stood in opposition.

What does this mean?

"Area's clear," she called out. "I have visual on something you and the Major ought to come see."
    About five minutes later, Willa and Damask stand beside her.

“What is it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

About five minutes later, Willa and Damask stand beside her.

“What is it?”
    "You tell me, Colonel."

There in the darkness, there were twelve pillars gathered in a semicircle before the remains of the armory. Upon closer inspection, the shape of broad helm and worn standards were found, smoothed under layers of trickled limestone collected over their frames across countless years.

"The reason you and Damask found each other was because this is where you discovered your roots," she said.

Their swords and featureless visages pointed down, their features smoothed from eons' erosion. At the head of them their leige lord raised his blade to Heaven in the darkness.

"Heh, maybe you were meant to slay dragons instead of raiding."

"You tell me, Colonel."

There in the darkness, there were twelve pillars gathered in a semicircle before the remains of the armory. Upon closer inspection, the shape of broad helm and worn standards were found, smoothed under layers of trickled limestone collected over their frames across countless years.

"The reason you and Damask found each other was because this is where you discovered your roots," she said.

Their swords and featureless visages pointed down, their features smoothed from eons' erosion. At the head of them their leige lord raised his blade to Heaven in the darkness.

"Heh, maybe you were meant to slay dragons instead of raiding."
    “Arthur.”

She looks about it all, heading turning left and right.

“My ancestors. And yours apparently. Lost history we were never told or allowed to know.”

Her hands clench.

“Enough to end the President.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Impressive. A bit...unorthodox at the last, but an excellent display.”
    "Bah, unorthodox is what gets the drop on jabronis," Sasheem sneered. "But now that we've finished showin' off, how 'bout we get back on track, huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Bah, unorthodox is what gets the drop on jabronis," Sasheem sneered. "But now that we've finished showin' off, how 'bout we get back on track, huh?"
    “Of course. What did you and Zaofan come seeking here, Sasheem? I have three Hidden Techniques, the Genki-Dama is the first. Have you come to learn the second?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM