Page 285 of 294 FirstFirst ... 185235275281282283284285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,275 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He finishes his blade and puts it aside, looking at her.

He tells her a similar story as the other Palantine did so far, about their engagement with Eldfen and what they did.

“Eventually, I worked magic to separate his dragonballs and keep each under lock and key. Death magic was worked into their defenses, meant to kill any who tried to gain them.”

He sighs.

“I’m not a sorcerer or magician in the same way people think of magic casters. I work magic into things, less slinging around. The use of this it’s....harder to counter and negate.”

He nods to her.

“The fact my works are failing isn’t entirely unreasonable, it was fast and dirty work. I first realized my works were failing a few years ago, when the dragonball on Darkle was....lost.”

He sighs.

“Part of the reason I’m out here was so I could start work on my newest work, meant to help curb Eldfen if he popped back up again.”

He points to a trap door heading down below his workplace.

“Follow me.”

He opens it and drops down into the darkness.
    "Overcome, more like." Inanna said.

"I must confess the current breed of 'heroes' is... stronger than one might've surmised." The woman said in passing. "One wonders where there limit lies; something I suspect I'll find one way or another."

With that, the woman swiftly descended into shadow.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "Overcome, more like." Inanna said.

"I must confess the current breed of 'heroes' is... stronger than one might've surmised." The woman said in passing. "One wonders where there limit lies; something I suspect I'll find one way or another."

With that, the woman swiftly descended into shadow.

Another forge, lite but not with heat, greets her amidst dozens of smaller projects. The large lite forge here, glowing golden, gives off a massive magical aura. Only Eldfen’s brief display had even been more impressive.

“My mage forge: where I work higher Runes and Ancient oaths into things. My assistance left for them night, but she’s quite the prodigy.”

He glances at her.

“I’m working out a Sigil to separate Eldfen from his own bindings. To free him if his inability to be killed or harmed: and then I intend to kill him. Should he poke his nose off Earth, of course.”

He gestures to the various trinkets and bobbles, weapons and armors here.

“You seek True Magic, you said?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Another forge, lite but not with heat, greets her amidst dozens of smaller projects. The large lite forge here, glowing golden, gives off a massive magical aura. Only Eldfen’s brief display had even been more impressive.

“My mage forge: where I work higher Runes and Ancient oaths into things. My assistance left for them night, but she’s quite the prodigy.”

He glances at her.

“I’m working out a Sigil to separate Eldfen from his own bindings. To free him if his inability to be killed or harmed: and then I intend to kill him. Should he poke his nose off Earth, of course.”

He gestures to the various trinkets and bobbles, weapons and armors here.

“You seek True Magic, you said?”
    The Forge was impressive. Perhaps a place Inanna might spend hours exploring, in the sake of understanding the magic that powered it.

... one had to wonder just how this much power could be hidden; and just how much more like it was out there.

"I seek to understand it. Counter it, even." Inanna replied with a nod. "In order to manage that, I must first make it mine."
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

The Forge was impressive. Perhaps a place Inanna might spend hours exploring, in the sake of understanding the magic that powered it.

... one had to wonder just how this much power could be hidden; and just how much more like it was out there.

"I seek to understand it. Counter it, even." Inanna replied with a nod. "In order to manage that, I must first make it mine."
    “You can’t. I can’t. Not even the best magi in the Universe can. It’s a product of something untainted.”

He pauses before picking up a slim vial and holding it up. It is riddled with glyphs on the outside, carved intricate patterns and designs. The content inside is a thin, needle sized shard of some strange glowing silver material.

“This is my only sample. A splinter of a shard of True Magic. Bound and hidden behind more glyphs than you can count.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    The decision was made, and the four concealed within Damask's sealed frame, their ki signatures muted by Jack's magic, moved to infiltrate the base. Upon finding their seat inside of the Golem, the sensation within was strange. Cloistered in this inner space they shared much of the Golem's sensory intake, but it was strangely distant and ethereal; a sort of remote numbness, sensation at a remove without feeling. Though they could not physically see what Damask did, fleeting sensation did come in the darkness, the flickering images that passed his ancient eyes like heady, phantom impressions split through a lens, and with it an acute, tactile awareness of what tread upon the ground like a strange sort of radar.

"Impressive," Ochazuke noted, "Damask has some means for us to perceive the world outside as we travel within him."

Passage.

Just as they Leyline beneath the Golem's feet shifted the earth, the singular word shook through a collective reverb within his body, and fell through each of the travelers. Cold, mechanical, with a singular driven intention.

"I thought the command," Jack remarked, "and he responded."

The stony Ancient's thoughts were given over to his direct goal, and yet as they sunk beneath the Earth, the memory of the place swept through him in a similar manner. Fragmented images of a civilization long lost bled together with an ephemeral present, filled with stomping boots and war treads and engines.

Ochazuke glanced upward as they passed into that slipstream once again, looking at something overhead. "That would be the base. Some sort of makeshift airfield in the hollow of a cave system, perhaps."

With the speed at which they moved, it was difficult to ascertain just how well replenished the Raider Forces were. Whatever the case, they'd soon bypassed them entirely, and in an instant Damask arrived within the King's Grove.

Deep in the heart of the stone hill, a prominent subterranean hollow lingered. A single shaft of light fell from far above, its illumination broadening by the silent fall of stalactite droplets. Hanging there, weathered by the erosion of eons they seemed to cluster themselves in a ragged line drawn down the body of the stone.

It was as if something had split the mountain and left a jagged scar there that had festered.

Home. A curious wash emotion fell over the Golem's thoughts as he tread over the terrain. The unblemished strata from where he had emerged gave way to something unexpected in a place like this. Blue-green lichens, and a small meadow fluorished by the scant light, fed from the vapours of the collected spring-pools that spread over ancient stone-masonry where they burrowed their roots.

The remains of civilization shattered now blended into the envorons. Pillar-bases arranged in rows and semicircles slowly crumbled under the creep of some strange ivy. Nothing seemed to grow greater than a mossy furnishing or wild grasses, save for a single, withered black tree spreading its spidery limbs like a perpetual shadow.
    Blizzar widened his eyes at the sight. Vastly more scenic than he expected, it was like a world unto it's own. "It is quite a sight," he commented quietly, assessing the area. "I can't imagine what it looked like before..." he commented.

"I'm certain once all this is over, something could be done to keep this all preserved," he added. For a price, of course. Such things are never free. Luckily for this little slice of Earth, Blizzar had some contacts. An aquaintence of a distant cousin twice removed's best friend who happened to know a guy. ...Though, from his research, he wasn't entirely unsure that that guy wasn't just Held.

"So we see all that's visible, but the unseen yet surrounds us," the Arcosian turned to Ochazuke and Held. "Do either of you detect anything that'll give us a head start?"
    Last edited by KingofPie; 05-15-2020 at 02:13 PM.

“You can’t. I can’t. Not even the best magi in the Universe can. It’s a product of something untainted.”

He pauses before picking up a slim vial and holding it up. It is riddled with glyphs on the outside, carved intricate patterns and designs. The content inside is a thin, needle sized shard of some strange glowing silver material.

“This is my only sample. A splinter of a shard of True Magic. Bound and hidden behind more glyphs than you can count.”
    "Untainted." Inanna offered a cold smile.

"I suffered in shackles for millennia. Hakai- that which destroys alone- gnawing at my soul as a vulture might peck at a bloated carcass... but instead of dying, letting it wash over me to smother the woman... Inanna. I persevered."

There was a flicker, as her Ki surged. The pressure alone all but smothering the fire in the Forge.

"My Ki is pure, as is my purpose. Even Eldfen acknoweledged as much- that I was well on my way- when last we spoke."

When the sliver of True Magic was produced however, Inanna resisted the urge to reach out her hand.

"... a catalyst?" What else could it be." For what."

Arx Inosaan

"Untainted." Inanna offered a cold smile.

"I suffered in shackles for millennia. Hakai- that which destroys alone- gnawing at my soul as a vulture might peck at a bloated carcass... but instead of dying, letting it wash over me to smother the woman... Inanna. I persevered."

There was a flicker, as her Ki surged. The pressure alone all but smothering the fire in the Forge.

"My Ki is pure, as is my purpose. Even Eldfen acknoweledged as much- that I was well on my way- when last we spoke."

When the sliver of True Magic was produced however, Inanna resisted the urge to reach out her hand.

"... a catalyst?" What else could it be." For what."
    Banespell’s golden eyes watch her, watch her power. He carefully looks at the vial, turning it over in his hands.

“A Mighty Work. Something not seen since this universe’s creation. It took a long time to even gather this much, and much wasn’t even by my own hand. My assistant was most helpful and did the majority herself.”

He looks at Inanna.

“It’s use is to curb an entity, to trap or destroy it utterly. Something old but new, terrible but beautiful in its craftsmanship is this entity. I give it no name, for it deserves done, but it’s power is......abomination.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Banespell’s golden eyes watch her, watch her power. He carefully looks at the vial, turning it over in his hands.

“A Mighty Work. Something not seen since this universe’s creation. It took a long time to even gather this much, and much wasn’t even by my own hand. My assistant was most helpful and did the majority herself.”

He looks at Inanna.

“It’s use is to curb an entity, to trap or destroy it utterly. Something old but new, terrible but beautiful in its craftsmanship is this entity. I give it no name, for it deserves done, but it’s power is......abomination.”
    "Assistant?" Inanna asks, eyeing the vial far more curiously than before.

"There are many types of power I'd consider to be abomination however... what you've managed, here? Merely the Universe attempting to offer balance where exists now only chaos."

Arx Inosaan

"Assistant?" Inanna asks, eyeing the vial far more curiously than before.

"There are many types of power I'd consider to be abomination however... what you've managed, here? Merely the Universe attempting to offer balance where exists now only chaos."
    “She’s the most talented magi I’ve ever seen. Far better than I, though our crafts lie in different areas.”

He carefully puts the vial away.

“Perhaps you are correct. This...abomination needs to be stopped. It gathers powers like a corpse gathers flies, Creation and Destruction already within its grasp. And who’s to say what else.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“She’s the most talented magi I’ve ever seen. Far better than I, though our crafts lie in different areas.”

He carefully puts the vial away.

“Perhaps you are correct. This...abomination needs to be stopped. It gathers powers like a corpse gathers flies, Creation and Destruction already within its grasp. And who’s to say what else.”
    "What it thinks it needs," Inanna said with with a shrug.

"It is an endeavor I can sympathize with... understand; and yet I find the nature of the end goal to be something to be desired." Of course, she had no idea what it truly was; a bridge to burn when one got there the woman supposed.

"It seems we hunt the same thing however, albeit in different ways. How refreshing, to find others willing to pu
    it their will against obscene odds."

Arx Inosaan

"What it thinks it needs," Inanna said with with a shrug.

"It is an endeavor I can sympathize with... understand; and yet I find the nature of the end goal to be something to be desired." Of course, she had no idea what it truly was; a bridge to burn when one got there the woman supposed.

"It seems we hunt the same thing however, albeit in different ways. How refreshing, to find others willing to pu
    it their will against obscene odds."
    He smiles a hard smile, gold eyes glinting.

“My will as as katchin, Goddess. You’ll find me equal to the task at hand. Someone has to be.”

He looks at his forge.

“Sadly, I believe our methods are too different, even if the task is similar. I trust my method, I do not necessarily trust yours. However, when the time comes I think you’ll find our paths cross again and the end result will be...favorable.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He smiles a hard smile, gold eyes glinting.

“My will as as katchin, Goddess. You’ll find me equal to the task at hand. Someone has to be.”

He looks at his forge.

“Sadly, I believe our methods are too different, even if the task is similar. I trust my method, I do not necessarily trust yours. However, when the time comes I think you’ll find our paths cross again and the end result will be...favorable.”
    "You strive to use the broken system. I mean to shape the them into something better. The only difference in our methods is our willingness to sacrifice." Inanna responded, nodding her head in a show of respect.

"I don't doubt we'll meet again, Banespell... and perhaps next time I'll meet this assistance of yours."

Turning to leave, the golden-eyed woman paused, before turning back.

"Is there anything else you'd care to discuss, or share... before I take my leave?"

Arx Inosaan

"You strive to use the broken system. I mean to shape the them into something better. The only difference in our methods is our willingness to sacrifice." Inanna responded, nodding her head in a show of respect.

"I don't doubt we'll meet again, Banespell... and perhaps next time I'll meet this assistance of yours."

Turning to leave, the golden-eyed woman paused, before turning back.

"Is there anything else you'd care to discuss, or share... before I take my leave?"

A figure appears, flying on fluttering wings and landing beside Banespell. In her hands is clutched a odd jewel.

“Lord Forger! I found it. It took some time, but the old Wolf helped me. It.....”

She stops talking and looks at Inanna. Banespell sighs slightly.

“It’s alright, Goddess Inanna is a guest here. Goddess, my assistant.......Lady Binder.”

The creature, of a race Inanna has never seen, bows in greeting, smiling.

“Wow! An actual Goddess! I’ve seen a few Gods before but never a goddess! What a wonderful surprise!”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

A figure appears, flying on fluttering wings and landing beside Banespell. In her hands is clutched a odd jewel.

“Lord Forger! I found it. It took some time, but the old Wolf helped me. It.....”

She stops talking and looks at Inanna. Banespell sighs slightly.

“It’s alright, Goddess Inanna is a guest here. Goddess, my assistant.......Lady Binder.”

The creature, of a race Inanna has never seen, bows in greeting, smiling.

“Wow! An actual Goddess! I’ve seen a few Gods before but never a goddess! What a wonderful surprise!”
    A flicker, a flutter... "A Fairy." Inanna comments, as she watches the creature dance about- clearly excited- about whatever it was she'd found.

Though none of what she'd said was missed.

Lord Forger. Lady Binder. Old Wolf...

"Rare that I see a race I've never seen before." The woman commented, before offering the Lady Binder a nod. "A surprise indeed. Though I'd not call myself a Goddess." A pause, as the woman considered something. Then:

"You do good work, Lady Binder. Even my own Artificer pales in comparison." Of course, she'd not tasked Emma Marie with much more than maintenance... perhaps that could be changed.

Arx Inosaan

A flicker, a flutter... "A Fairy." Inanna comments, as she watches the creature dance about- clearly excited- about whatever it was she'd found.

Though none of what she'd said was missed.

Lord Forger. Lady Binder. Old Wolf...

"Rare that I see a race I've never seen before." The woman commented, before offering the Lady Binder a nod. "A surprise indeed. Though I'd not call myself a Goddess." A pause, as the woman considered something. Then:

"You do good work, Lady Binder. Even my own Artificer pales in comparison." Of course, she'd not tasked Emma Marie with much more than maintenance... perhaps that could be changed.
    Lady Binder smiles broadly and bows.

“Oh me, oh my, what a compliment! My thanks, Lady Inanna! It’s truly an honor to meet you!”

Banespell meanwhile looks at the jewel and pockets it carefully.

“An excellent find, mi’lady. This component will do wonders. A Loadstone of such potential......I owe the Gallows Lord it seems.”

Binder laughs, the sound like tinkling bells.

“You know he doesn’t like that nick-name! So grim!”

Banespell winces and nods.

“Right, right. I forget sometimes.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM