Page 3 of 294 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar flashed another smile, when Sarada expressed again her excitement and desire for training; before easing back into the tub to consider her latter comment.

... there's only one way to find out for sure how strong you've gotten.

Which was true enough.

Though at the same time, her 'change' had happened only a few short moments before the arrival of Glacia, and if the measure was combat, it had not gone well. A hole punched in my side, a deep gash across my back ... Whatever power she had recovered from having her Hakai -- and by extension her Ki, as intertwined as the two were -- returned; seemed not to influence much.

... Of course, she had not used it.

So with a sigh, Ishtar responded. "I suppose so. Yet I am not liable to find it out anytime soon as it is not as if I can simply test it ... too dangerous now, I should think." Which made this more of a slap in the face, really. As now that the Hakai was free, there was no knowing truly how it would react, or change, what she'd managed to learn up til this point without -- as far as her utilizing the full extent of it, consciously -- Hakai.

"Setting all of my issues aside for now, however ..." Ishtar said then, pressing up against Sarada. "I still have you at least. Which makes everything else seem less bleak, and more bearable."
    Whether it was a year from now or somewhere further down the line, so long as Sarada got to test herself and her power against Ishtar's Hakai, then she was more than happy to wait. Besides, she figured they be busy raising their family and mopping up the gods' mistakes; not to mention Sarada's own duties as Saiyan Queen. Their plates were going to be more than full for a long time to come.

In a way, she was looking forward to it. This wasn't the kind of challenge Saiyans sought when they were bored or trying to test themselves, but it was a challenge nonetheless. Politics was just a new battlefield ripe for the conquering. She couldn't wait.

When Ishtar pressed herself against her, Sarada wrapped her arms around her torso and held her close. "You'll always have me, love. I'm not going anywhere." She kissed the side of her neck and closed her eyes. The next mission would likely be starting soon, but it didn't sound very exciting, so she was more than happy to sit this one out.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A peaceful scene greets them. A gentle breeze of fresh air greets their senses, and a level of serenity fills their souls.

Planet Namek was a gentle place. Calming. Serene.

Pike laughs softly, kneels down, and drops his head down, offering a prayer of thanks.

“I’m home. Finally home.”

He raises into the air and gestures for them to follow, aiming towards a large village near by.
    It had been some time since he had looked upon a landscape as peaceful as Namek. It reminded him of Earth, long ago, before humanity's technology had overtaken nature, no... even longer. He was reminded of those days when he was a mere hatchling, eyes unclouded by hate, bloodshed or ambition. For a moment, he fell into its trap, contemplating such foolish things.

"...peace never lasts, not while there is life." He bitterly said to himself as the others followed their Namekian guide. Eventually, conflict would find its way to this world; the question was, would those who enjoyed this peace have the strength not to be trampled underfoot. He had his doubts.

Lifting off the ground, he eventually headed toward the nearby village.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Some time later, Sarada climbed out of the tub and dried herself off. Her armor wasn't ready yet, so she changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and walked outside.

Looks like the others have already started the next mission. With hope, they'd be finished quickly and move on to the next mission. That one sounded like it was literally a walk in the park, so it should have only taken a few minutes at most. The more quickly they finished with the easy stuff, the more quickly they could get to the main course, Alt-Ishtar.

Sarada could still hardly wait to see what this Goddess of Ruination was all about. More specifically, she couldn't wait to see how SSJ held up in an all-important battle. Ah, that reminds me. She scanned the crowd and thankfully found that Parsley was still there. "Hey," she called out. "I need to talk to you. I learned something pretty important about Super Saiyan during one of my fights and I need to tell you and Totoma."

Parsley's interest was piqued. "You learned something, hm? From Totoma's alternate, I assume?"

"That's right. Where is he, anyway?"

"Last I saw him, he was in the kitchen."

Hearing that reminded Sarada that she was hungry. She wasn't sure how she had forgotten, but that was neither here nor there. "Great, I can deal with two problems at once." Together, they left the Plaza and walked inside. "Hey, Totoma, you in here? I have info on Super Saiyan you need to hear," she said the moment she walked inside the kitchen.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

To those going through the RoSaT:

A peaceful scene greets them. A gentle breeze of fresh air greets their senses, and a level of serenity fills their souls.

Planet Namek was a gentle place. Calming. Serene.

Pike laughs softly, kneels down, and drops his head down, offering a prayer of thanks.

“I’m home. Finally home.”

He raises into the air and gestures for them to follow, aiming towards a large village near by.
    Ultimately between the two, Aleka had decided to go while Karine had opted to stay behind to catch up on things which made sense.

Namek had a different look and atmosphere to it Aleka had noticed, but of course this was a different, alternate version of it. The last time she had visited Namek was some time back in a attempt to revive her family but she had otherwise hadn't been back or bothered going since. If it wasn't for the importance of what she felt was going on she probably would of just stayed behind for the time being while the others had left.

I wonder how different Namekians are here then back home..?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    "Incredible...!" Zaofan exclaims right after passing through the gateway. Such sights should be old business to him by now but with his curiosity always getting the best of him, he can't help but take in a deep breath of the rich, foreign air. "Of all the worlds these adventures have taken me to, there's something so ... fresh... about being some place else!"

Zaofan takes a leisurely hover while following Pike. "I could see why you like it here. It'd be nice to retire on this world one day. Tell me, what's the food like here?"

It was the chief, Zaofan was his name if she recalled he seemed a decent enough guy on first impression. "If its anything like back at home, Namekians don't actually eat just drink. It might be different here though."

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Ultimately between the two, Aleka had decided to go while Karine had opted to stay behind to catch up on things which made sense.

Namek had a different look and atmosphere to it Aleka had noticed, but of course this was a different, alternate version of it. The last time she had visited Namek was some time back in a attempt to revive her family but she had otherwise hadn't been back or bothered going since. If it wasn't for the importance of what she felt was going on she probably would of just stayed behind for the time being while the others had left.

I wonder how different Namekians are here then back home..?

It was the chief, Zaofan was his name if she recalled he seemed a decent enough guy on first impression. "If its anything like back at home, Namekians don't actually eat just drink. It might be different here though."
    Cyanna giggled lightly as she moved up behind them, "Don't tell Zaofan! You might make him depressed."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-10-2019 at 08:24 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Cyanna giggled lightly as she moved up behind them, "Don't tell Zaofan! You might make him depressed."

" I heard from Qaztoh that the Namekians make fantastic beverages. Really don't know if that's true or not? Anyways I'm listening for certain infrasound frequencies to check for suspicious activity. I will let you all know if I detect anything suspicious," Praxat said as she dives head first into a body of water.

Praxat starts swimming in the water towards the village , Wow this water is really refreshing, plus I can move a lot faster in water ," Praxat said.

Meanwhile back on the Lookout Althena turns towards Meagan , " Meagan I have plenty of more lullabies than just that one I sang earlier , would you like to hear one of them?" Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-11-2019 at 12:50 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I heard from Qaztoh that the Namekians make fantastic beverages. Really don't know if that's true or not? Anyways I'm listening for certain infrasound frequencies to check for suspicious activity. I will let you all know if I detect anything suspicious," Praxat said as she dives head first into a body of water.

Praxat starts swimming in the water towards the village , Wow this water is really refreshing, plus I can move a lot faster in water ," Praxat said.
    Cyanna pauses in mid-flight, having heard Praxat's voice she looks around but doesn't see her. "Hey, Praxat! Where are you?" she then looks down to see a body of water below. Flying down closer, "You look like you're having fun, but don't you think flying would be faster? We don't want to get left behind."

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Meanwhile back on the Lookout Althena turns towards Meagan , " Meagan I have plenty of more lullabies than just that one I sang earlier , would you like to hear one of them?" Althena said.
    Having seen off Cyanna, Meagan is brought out of her distraction by Althena's voice. Giving her a grateful smile, "Thank you, I do enjoy your songs, however there is work I need to take care of. I apologize for not responding earlier, I have a lot on my mind right now."

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Namek, to those sensing it out, is at peace. There doesn’t seem to be any danger pinging on senses or awareness. In fact, it’s arguably the most....non-hostile place they’ve senses before.

To those who can sense magic, this Namek thrums with it more so than their version does. To those who can see and sense even deeper, the planet’s population seems to be at about 50,000,000 strong in smallish communities dotted all over the planet. There are about ten or twelve high power levels between 100,000 and 1,000,000. The rest are on average about 10,000 or so.

Pike touches down in the small village and calls out, and almost immediately two people run out and hug him. A male and, startlingly, female Namekian. The two laugh and converse with Pike in Namekian, tears of happiness in their eyes. More people come out to greet and cheer at Pike’s return.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Aleka hadn't noticed Cyanna was there at first before she came up behind them. "Worse comes to worse, sure there is something that might catch his interest." Maybe. She really didn't know the young man enough to know what other interest he might of had besides cooking but even with her limited exposure cooking was definitely a passion for them to be sure. "Your name is.." Aleka trailed off. "Sorry I don't remember your name. Mine is Aleka."

Or she was told and didn't remember.

The comment from Praxat made her pause, she had never once heard of Namekians being known for their beverages. Didn't they just drink water mainly? Plus this was a alternate universe so who was to say that was true? The waters were normally safe but who knows if these ones were? Then again Pike hadn't said anything where water was literally about everywhere when they first got off and the giant Toadian wasn't exactly screaming from from type of flesh eating substance or something.

Ochazuke seemed to be in the midst of something concentration wise so she held off briefly from broaching a conversation. It was easier now that she had a name to go to the face.

Namek, to those sensing it out, is at peace. There doesn’t seem to be any danger pinging on senses or awareness. In fact, it’s arguably the most....non-hostile place they’ve senses before.

To those who can sense magic, this Namek thrums with it more so than their version does. To those who can see and sense even deeper, the planet’s population seems to be at about 50,000,000 strong in smallish communities dotted all over the planet. There are about ten or twelve high power levels between 100,000 and 1,000,000. The rest are on average about 10,000 or so.

Pike touches down in the small village and calls out, and almost immediately two people run out and hug him. A male and, startlingly, female Namekian. The two laugh and converse with Pike in Namekian, tears of happiness in their eyes. More people come out to greet and cheer at Pike’s return.
    From what Aleka could sense, it was about what she expected from Namek from back at home with small villages and communities dotted about. There didn't seem to be any notable power levels, though back at home the warrior class wasn't as common or as strong. There were some that were decently strong thinking back on it but those had been in the minority.

What surprised the Acorian the most? Female Namekians.

A lot more different then I was expecting. So it means the reproduce like most races do instead of the eggs but I wonder if it means they eat or anything else?

A curious question that could wait a bit for now as the scene unfolded on them, bringing a slight smile to Aleka's face. Scenes like this she was sure she'd almost never get tired of as she had a new found appreciation of it she didn't ever have before. "These your family Pike?" She asked politely after a moment to let them get semi situated instead of just bursting into the touching moment at the start.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 05-11-2019 at 08:50 AM.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Before Pike touches down, he tells Zaofan that the food here is mostly fruits and vegetables. No meats, not much breads.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka hadn't noticed Cyanna was there at first before she came up behind them. "Worse comes to worse, sure there is something that might catch his interest." Maybe. She really didn't know the young man enough to know what other interest he might of had besides cooking but even with her limited exposure cooking was definitely a passion for them to be sure. "Your name is.." Aleka trailed off. "Sorry I don't remember your name. Mine is Aleka."

Or she was told and didn't remember.

The comment from Praxat made her pause, she had never once heard of Namekians being known for their beverages. Didn't they just drink water mainly? Plus this was a alternate universe so who was to say that was true? The waters were normally safe but who knows if these ones were? Then again Pike hadn't said anything where water was literally about everywhere when they first got off and the giant Toadian wasn't exactly screaming from from type of flesh eating substance or something.

Ochazuke seemed to be in the midst of something concentration wise so she held off briefly from broaching a conversation. It was easier now that she had a name to go to the face.

From what Aleka could sense, it was about what she expected from Namek from back at home with small villages and communities dotted about. There didn't seem to be any notable power levels, though back at home the warrior class wasn't as common or as strong. There were some that were decently strong thinking back on it but those had been in the minority.

What surprised the Acorian the most? Female Namekians.

A lot more different then I was expecting. So it means the reproduce like most races do instead of the eggs but I wonder if it means they eat or anything else?

A curious question that could wait a bit for now as the scene unfolded on them, bringing a slight smile to Aleka's face. Scenes like this she was sure she'd almost never get tired of as she had a new found appreciation of it she didn't ever have before. "These your family Pike?" She asked politely after a moment to let them get semi situated instead of just bursting into the touching moment at the start.
    "Aleka, that's a pretty name. I'm Cyanna, maybe we can be friends. I'd love to learn more about you, eventually. You can ask me anything you like about myself, I always enjoy talking to people."

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Namek, to those sensing it out, is at peace. There doesnÂ’t seem to be any danger pinging on senses or awareness. In fact, itÂ’s arguably the most....non-hostile place theyÂ’ve senses before.

To those who can sense magic, this Namek thrums with it more so than their version does. To those who can see and sense even deeper, the planetÂ’s population seems to be at about 50,000,000 strong in smallish communities dotted all over the planet. There are about ten or twelve high power levels between 100,000 and 1,000,000. The rest are on average about 10,000 or so.

Pike touches down in the small village and calls out, and almost immediately two people run out and hug him. A male and, startlingly, female Namekian. The two laugh and converse with Pike in Namekian, tears of happiness in their eyes. More people come out to greet and cheer at PikeÂ’s return.
    There was ingrained in the very soul of the planet itself was an intrinsic sort of magic. Its spirit came like a whisper, a second breath that echoed every living form upon it.

It was then that Ochazuke noticed a specific absence of it, as if it washed over him entirely, a lack of resonance where the genius loci passed him by. Perhaps it was because of this peacable atmosphere that he became all too aware of that subtle distance where their foreign company stood.

Some distance away, Pike called out to his kin, reunited with his family. He'd swiftly rediscovered his place.

Standing both within and outside of this sphere where he sensed where he stood in this world, Ochazuke felt only a pronounced dysrhythmia, which brought his thoughts only nearer to the Doctor. He'd forced the Portal Wizard to turn this into a weapon and hone his wayward longer into a killer's edge.

He surveyed the horizon one last time and rose to follow their host. Their presence alone announced that this reunion would be more than it appeared to be, so he eschewed introductions.

"You've been returned." His words were blunt, for they both knew many of the others that day were not so fortunate. "Your home is safe, so is your life. Will you help us to do the same?"

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It had been some time since he had looked upon a landscape as peaceful as Namek. It reminded him of Earth, long ago, before humanity's technology had overtaken nature, no... even longer. He was reminded of those days when he was a mere hatchling, eyes unclouded by hate, bloodshed or ambition. For a moment, he fell into its trap, contemplating such foolish things.

"...peace never lasts, not while there is life." He bitterly said to himself as the others followed their Namekian guide. Eventually, conflict would find its way to this world; the question was, would those who enjoyed this peace have the strength not to be trampled underfoot. He had his doubts.

Lifting off the ground, he eventually headed toward the nearby village.
    There is was again.

On the edge of perception, a flash of something behind him. Whatever it was that had been stalking him on the otherside had followed him here at some point and was continuing to tail before him. The flash of perception however, was brief, and it vanished again leaving only the faintest feeling of eyes upon him.

Hungry eyes, getting hungrier by the second.

Getting closer.

Sasheem hadn't formally been to Namek in his own timeline...at least not the real one anyway. But if it was anything like this one, it had to be very peaceful....serene.

It'd be equally as peaceful if the while thing happened to turn into space dust. A thought Sasheem kept to himself for now.

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Some time later, Sarada climbed out of the tub and dried herself off. Her armor wasn't ready yet, so she changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and walked outside.

Looks like the others have already started the next mission. With hope, they'd be finished quickly and move on to the next mission. That one sounded like it was literally a walk in the park, so it should have only taken a few minutes at most. The more quickly they finished with the easy stuff, the more quickly they could get to the main course, Alt-Ishtar.

Sarada could still hardly wait to see what this Goddess of Ruination was all about. More specifically, she couldn't wait to see how SSJ held up in an all-important battle. Ah, that reminds me. She scanned the crowd and thankfully found that Parsley was still there. "Hey," she called out. "I need to talk to you. I learned something pretty important about Super Saiyan during one of my fights and I need to tell you and Totoma."

Parsley's interest was piqued. "You learned something, hm? From Totoma's alternate, I assume?"

"That's right. Where is he, anyway?"

"Last I saw him, he was in the kitchen."

Hearing that reminded Sarada that she was hungry. She wasn't sure how she had forgotten, but that was neither here nor there. "Great, I can deal with two problems at once." Together, they left the Plaza and walked inside. "Hey, Totoma, you in here? I have info on Super Saiyan you need to hear," she said the moment she walked inside the kitchen.
    "WELCOME!" A chores of voices greeted the Saiyan Queen as she walked into the kitchen.

It was the Erosas, all save the baby, looking as though they had been expecting her for quite awhile. With a flurry of motion the other Erosas set to work clearing a spot on the table for the two while the Adult stepped. "Ara, you finally came.....Come in, have a seat. You two Parsley. Order whatever you like to eat and relax....today is a special day ero." She gestured with her huge hand towards the now cleared table.