Page 31 of 87 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 465 of 1295
  1. #451
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Erosa's disembodied voice floated in from somewhere nearby, followed swiftly by something warm and wet pressing against her back. There were very few things it could be; and given certain... activities she had experience in, there was only one thing it could be.

    She was short on breath, even though it was returning by the second. But, she needed to make sure this one thing was clear, "I swear... if you're... licking me... I will kill you."
    There was a pause, then a chuckle.

    "Then hold that thought ero.....killing me will be another reason for you to survive right...."

    With another pause, she whispered something just low enough so only Parsley could hear. "I don't think he knows I'm here....so I'll keep going. Follow once your up and ready ero...and watch out for bad oni."

  2. #452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Sheriff Zaofan signs back before stepping through the portal.

    óó-

    Wilhelm nods as he and Ochazuke lug the equipment back in. After they are done, Wilhelm approaches Gero.

    ďDoctor. A pleasure....as always.Ē

    He smiles and takes her hand, the Doctor grinning back.

    ďWilhelm dear, now that Adam is all set up Iíll begin working on dear Karis as soon as possible.Ē

    Wilhelm nods and then gestures to Ochazuke.

    ďMy....friend Ochazuke, Doctor.Ē

    Char looks at him and smiles, holding her hand out.
    As they moved through the grounds of Capsule Corp, Ochazuke took a note of their surroundings. It had only been days since the Sheriff made Jinzi his mark, but it seemed despite the damage sustained the work continued. Moving through the familiar hallways, today seemed much more industrious than it had been when their company first arrived, as if they scrambled to continue behind Jinzi in his absence. Automation's been reduced. How unlike the Geofront below.

    When they stood before Gero, Wilhelm's let his guard down. Ochazuke briefly raised an eyebrow and a brief grunt left him.

    "Hello." He reached a rough-hewn hand out and took Char's within it. His gaze looked to the teams of scientists out and about the grounds. "It seems Wilhelm's returned just in time, then."

    Slipping his thumb over the crest of her hand, his grip was unusually removed, as if each of his fingers felt clinically for a pulse. "Seems you've got quite a busy day ahead without Pantaloon." At this point of contact, he surveyed Char Banner Gero's energy makeup directly.

  3. #453
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada's teeth clenched. "My name is Queen Sarada. Come out and face us! Quit hiding!!"

    She moved through the mist in hopes of finding Ishtar or someone else.



    Parsley grunted and fell to her knees. Her breath was gone, snatched away from a series of phantom strikes unleashed on her back. "C-coward," she wheezed. She fired a blast in the direction she saw the male Oni run in.

    Without doubt, that was Marduk. She heard nothing of him knowing any kind of martial arts in the prime timeline; then again, there was little information on him as it was. Regardless, these hit and run tactics were going to get annoying quickly.

    'Marduk has hit the scene and he knows pressure points. Beware,' she alerted the others. With that done, she shifted and sat down indian style and began to cycle her ki through the areas that were inflicted by the pressure points in an attempt to breathe again. She was running out of air, so she had to hurry.
    The blast misses.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #454
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    A spike pierced his senses long before he realized the alternate Ishtar had arrived. Like a barbed vice cranking down on his brain, the boy was nearly seized by the pain.

    The fuck is going on with my body?

    Charco had been aware of the headaches but had yet to investigate their origins, having more than enough on his plate to deal with.

    "Enough of this shit..." He growled, doing his best to fight through the pain and disorientation, unaware that it was the concentration of magic that was triggering the Nevadian curse. Said phantasmal weapon emerged from his prone form, slicing into the cold the Goddess of Ruinations permeated.

    So cold it burns...

    Memories flashed back to his bout with the time's figment of Penhuoqi and her perfected Thyreophora. Like fiery feathers, she had managed to counteract the technique's destructive backlash by breaking off bits and pieces of the aura. It wasn't entirely smart to try and mimic a technique in the middle of a fight, but Charco's pain-addled thoughts didn't provide him with anything more substantial to use. Activating his original, flawed Thyreophora, he quickly advanced it to its second state, his power level rising as his aura erupted into a fiery orange.

    "I don't know what the deal is with my other self, but I must have done something good enough to hold off these clowns."

    Until he could figure out Penhuoqi's secret, he was on the same timer as normal; in other words, he needed to get his ass in gear. Leaving the evil Ishtar to gloat to the others, Charco instead turned his sights to Marduk, seeking the intercept the other Oni with a punch before his foe reached his alternate self.
    -------

    Combat Information
    Thyreophora, Second State: Active
    Current PL: 2,175,000
    Posts Until Detonation: 3
    He connects, somehow reaching the O i amidst the cold, and a satisfying crunch is heard as the near invisible foe is sent sprawling away into the mists.

    Alt Charco walks up to Charco in the mists, glaring where Marduk just went.

    ďYou and I, lets take him.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #455
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    All at once, the call-out -- for that is what it was, truly -- was answered swiftly, and though she responded as expected; Ishtar had no time at all to react before she was lifted from the ground by her throat and felt herself being drained. More proof than anything, that this Goddess of Ruination was well beyond everyone here. Despite this however, through the cold, and against the hand that gripped her throat, Ishtar strained to speak. "... so it was Sekhmet. Not so different then, our paths. Was it the choice, then ?"

    As the question hung in frozen air, Ishtar struggled in her alter's grip a moment before the ground beneath her exploded as spires of jagged Earth rushed up to impale her. Though with the difference in strength ... all the glowing-horn Oni could do was hope that the attack would serve as a distraction so that she could lash out with Katchin-coated claws in an attempt to break free.
    The spires pierce her skin.

    But all she does is smile at Ishtar.

    ďThat tickles.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #456
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Trying hard to stay calm and not panic, Cyanna still reacts in an attempt to stop or slow him down. Her butterflies keep track of this Oni, relaying his position to her. Using that, she gets bead on him (Line of Sight) and fires off a Braided Blast at the approaching Oni.
    The Oni, knocked aside by Charco, gets blasted as Cyanna keeps track of him in the mists.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #457
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Neva sighed heavily. It seemed the alternate Ishtar had shrouded the area in a cold, draining mist, keeping the group from flying, while also gradually weakening them. How... bothersome. Given the sheer power this Ishtar wielded, clearing it herself would be a slow, arduous task, but perhaps she could thin it, lessening its effect.

    Pressing her hands together and taking a deep breath, her figure shimmered, then split, creating a clone. Even doubled up, Nevanlinna knew she wouldn't be able to clear the mist, but it should at least double her effectiveness.

    Focusing her power, her aura burst into existence. At first, it was a dull blue-white, as per the usual, but it became a brilliant orangeish-red and took on a flame-like quality as she, and her clone, activated the Aura of Fire. And then she and her clone began expanding their respective auras.



    As the aura slowly pressed outwards, it struggled against the mist, 'burning' the energy comprising it, yet being drained in turn. Hypothetically, more mist would rush in to fill the void and be burned away, and so on. It should, with time, reduce the mist's density and effect, allowing the others to fight more effectively and be drained less.
    OT:

    Well played.

    IC:

    The Aura of Fire works surprisingly well, and already the inability to sense ki is gone, their senses fully restored as the fire aura expands.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #458
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Shocked to face a magic user are you? What....Did you eat the rest in this timeline?" Etrina expanded her aura to its limit now that she knew it was working, then summons magical energy into her hand.....gives her surroundings a quick scan, making it seem as if she'll do something with it, but then lets the spell vanish from her hand. "I'm flattered, and tempted too I suppose..........but I'm not going to take you at your word on that, I've got a big imagination. Your gonna have to show me how good your magic is if you want me to consider hmmm?."
    ďPerhaps.Ē

    The voice whispers in her ear as a cold hand reaches out and touches Etrinaís chest. A penetrating cold starts eating away at her magic, absorbing it through Vitalmancy.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #459
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    There was a pause, then a chuckle.

    "Then hold that thought ero.....killing me will be another reason for you to survive right...."

    With another pause, she whispered something just low enough so only Parsley could hear. "I don't think he knows I'm here....so I'll keep going. Follow once your up and ready ero...and watch out for bad oni."
    Through this.....unorthodox method, Parsley can feel her ability to move being restored.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #460
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As they moved through the grounds of Capsule Corp, Ochazuke took a note of their surroundings. It had only been days since the Sheriff made Jinzi his mark, but it seemed despite the damage sustained the work continued. Moving through the familiar hallways, today seemed much more industrious than it had been when their company first arrived, as if they scrambled to continue behind Jinzi in his absence. Automation's been reduced. How unlike the Geofront below.

    When they stood before Gero, Wilhelm's let his guard down. Ochazuke briefly raised an eyebrow and a brief grunt left him.

    "Hello." He reached a rough-hewn hand out and took Char's within it. His gaze looked to the teams of scientists out and about the grounds. "It seems Wilhelm's returned just in time, then."

    Slipping his thumb over the crest of her hand, his grip was unusually removed, as if each of his fingers felt clinically for a pulse. "Seems you've got quite a busy day ahead without Pantaloon." At this point of contact, he surveyed Char Banner Gero's energy makeup directly.
    ďJinzi is.....a busy man. He sent a brief message that heíll be back soon with some sort of special project that needs building. Until then we promised to help young Karis.Ē

    Her energy is an interesting blend. Not evil, but opportunistic and hungry for more knowledge and success. She doesnít register as evil or aligned that way, but definitely more morally grey than Pantaloon or Wilhelm are.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #461
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďPerhaps.Ē

    The voice whispers in her ear as a cold hand reaches out and touches Etrinaís chest. A penetrating cold starts eating away at her magic, absorbing it through Vitalmancy.
    Sasheem supposed this was as good a time as any. His ability to sense the others had returned so perhaps that mist...and other fogs of war had dispersed. The Majin emerged from beneath the ground, to witness Etrina being accosted by this universe's god of destruction.

    He slipped below ground and slid a good deal backwards, eventually reaching the maximum range for his next attack. His antennae raised themselves upward shot forth a blast, aimed not at the alternate Ishtar herself, who was far too powerful to morph into any foodstuff, but rather her ears. Or to be more specific, what lay inside her ears.

    For even oni, even gods of destruction had...earwax. Sasheem waited to see if his aim was true and the earwax was properly transformed. He didn't have long before the oni reacted, so he simply had to be faster.

  12. #462
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The spires pierce her skin.

    But all she does is smile at Ishtar.

    “That tickles.”
    Ah. Well ...

    That went about as expected, as well. Still trapped within her alter's grip, Ishtar grunted and began squirming a bit before considering something that might prove useful. Since she- that was Ishtar's alternate self- was draining Ki energy and lifeforce through Vitalmancy ... what would happen if she drained something else ?

    Ishtar exhaled slowly, and forced a smile through the pain, and the fear. "Then you are going to love this."

    Pushing twisted energy to the forefront, the glowing-horn Oni proceeded to funnel her Void Energy into her alter; something that would -- with a lot of luck, and a bit of hope -- set her veins on fire ... before detonating violently.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  13. #463
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem supposed this was as good a time as any. His ability to sense the others had returned so perhaps that mist...and other fogs of war had dispersed. The Majin emerged from beneath the ground, to witness Etrina being accosted by this universe's god of destruction.

    He slipped below ground and slid a good deal backwards, eventually reaching the maximum range for his next attack. His antennae raised themselves upward shot forth a blast, aimed not at the alternate Ishtar herself, who was far too powerful to morph into any foodstuff, but rather her ears. Or to be more specific, what lay inside her ears.

    For even oni, even gods of destruction had...earwax. Sasheem waited to see if his aim was true and the earwax was properly transformed. He didn't have long before the oni reacted, so he simply had to be faster.
    The target is struck true, but shatters into ice shards.

    That wasn’t a real Ishtar apparently, but a simulacrum. Etrina is free though.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #464
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The blast misses.
    OT: No response to Sarada?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Through this.....unorthodox method, Parsley can feel her ability to move being restored.
    Her blast missed, but Marduk was being taken care of by the two Charcos. In addition, whatever Erosa had done had restored Parsley's ability to move, allowing her to stand and more importantly, breathe. "Whatever you did, thanks. I'll meet you on the ship."

    Finally, Nevanlinna's efforts to repel the sense-dampening mist found success. With their senses restored, Parsley could feel the energies on the battlefield. She pulled out the nexus device and confirmed which ship contained the nexus. Then, she searched that ship for any energy signatures. If she found any, she would use Mirror's Edge to swap places with them, teleporting herself onto the ship while teleporting them into the battle.

  15. #465
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ah. Well ...

    That went about as expected, as well. Still trapped within her alter's grip, Ishtar grunted and began squirming a bit before considering something that might prove useful. Since she- that was Ishtar's alternate self- was draining Ki energy and lifeforce through Vitalmancy ... what would happen if she drained something else ?

    Ishtar exhaled slowly, and forced a smile through the pain, and the fear. "Then you are going to love this."

    Pushing twisted energy to the forefront, the glowing-horn Oni proceeded to funnel her Void Energy into her alter; something that would -- with a lot of luck, and a bit of hope -- set her veins on fire ... before detonating violently.

    “What......”


    A massive explosion flings real Ishtar back and the cold mist dissipates all around, the negative effects leaving the battlefield.

    A smoking body rips its way out of a nearby rock pike, as the Ruination Goddess, nude now but unharmed, stand before them all angrily, seen by them all now instead of just Ishtar.

    “Void energy? You have Void energy? That’s new.”

    Ice forms over her body, recreating her clothes as far behind her the remaining ships all land on the ground.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •