Page 36 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2632333435363738394046 ... LastLast
Results 526 to 540 of 1278
  1. #526
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    OOC: I'll assume there's also no augmentations or uh...anything skittering under the surface...

    IC:

    If only you knew. Though as soon as the thought had risen, trepidation rose unspoken within him.

    "Indeed. He has a tendency to leave one project to finish itself before moving on to the next," he said. As he released his grip, his meditation field began to expand over the facility searching its chambers, its structures silently for any sort of resonance. "But it seems the man has an eye for talent."

    The head of Capsule Corp had time and again proven himself as brilliant as he was fickle. Until recently, he'd thought his was a solitary operation, but under the repeated duress of flights of fancy, saving the world, and now an offworlder marriage, even he would have to cede control sometimes. So then he had to wonder, exactly how much did she know?

    "He's has come quite a ways since returning to the city." A slight nod drift to the man beside him. " I was hoping I could see some of his work on-site."

    He paused for a moment. "Karis' condition is...unfortunate, however, he's made strides in biomedical stasis. Advancements, even in halting the condition of the present time."

    Gero and Adam. To the touch, her hand was not quite as cold as the machine's. Yet to get the measure of her character, Ochazuke's tone concealed his slight towards a feckless futurist's ambition.
    ďOf course. Follow me inside. Most of the upper labs are gone, but the Geo-Front labs are all in working order.Ē

    She leads them to a hidden elevator to take them down to the Geo-Front.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #527
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Three of Alt Ishtar's minions fell to her Descent Into Misery before a monster of an Oni dispelled the attack. He was a beast, one that looked nothing like Ishtar, Nunlil, or Marduk. She wasn't sure he was normal; she hadn't seen many Oni besides the four.

    No matter! He wanted to fight, and she was ready to oblige.

    "Finally." Sarada roared and streaked toward the strange Oni. Her fist flew forward, unleashing a little over 3 dozen spirit punches at her incoming opponent.
    They pass through him, her target going intangible briefly. When in range, he swings his massive blade at her, aiming for her head.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  3. #528
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Heh. Now that was more like it.

    As the lasagna falls through the air, Sasheem leaps up and begins to devour it, activating Majin Metabolism. Power level increasing, Sasheem sets his sights on the others beginning to set up for his next attack.

    He throws several orbs into the air surrounding the other foes and dashes towards them. He ricocheted off of each orb, picking up velocity like a Majin torpedo and using his Mamba Boost to increase in speed as he prepared for his next attack..

    Majin Metabolism Activated

    Current Power Level: 5,500,000

    Time Remaining: 4 Posts
    They look around, confused as they try and ready a counter.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  4. #529
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Another perversion, courtesy of The Doctor. This was slightly less unholy than the Saiyan-Arcosian hybrid, but it wasn't far behind.

    Parsley struggled to her feet after being sent flying through several walls and corridors. She was even further from her objective, just when she was within a hair's breadth of completing the mission. It had been going too easily, that much she realized early on. She just hoped that for once, everything would turn out the way it was supposed to.

    No such luck.

    The creature was powerful, and incredibly dangerous. Any injury she landed on him needed to be fatal. With his Namekian healing ability coupled with his Saiyan zenkai, if she wasn't careful, this battle could turn against her very quickly. Best not hold back then.

    She clenched her shattered jaw, sending pain shooting through her head, and tried to trigger Super Saiyan.
    She turns just as her foe steps in, looking at her.

    ďLovely.Ē

    With a fanged grin, his own muscles bulge and a sickly golden aura creeps up his body and encases him, his hair a burning pale yellow.

    He too had turned Super.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #530
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    In response to Marduk's magical assault, Lain's Fang emerges from the boy's mortal form, the spectral blade doing its best to cut through the magical electricity. What damage Charco could feel would be overwhelmed by the sheer confusion he had, for even his sense of pain could no longer comprehend the exact pain the magic was inflicting. What he could decipher was that his body was tensing up from the current running through his body, keeping him from moving.

    How lame! With the Thyreophora having run its course, he must have seemed like such a chump in front of his alternate self.

    A small sound caught his attention, drawing him away from wallowing in his mediocrity; the faint sound of bits of glass clinking together. Locating the source, he noticed what seemed like pieces of teal crystal. There was a familiarity in them, although his brain --under assault from magical electricity and the Nevadian sword induced lack of understanding of said magical electricity-- could not put the two together just yet.
    With a mighty roar, Deputy Charco breaks fee of his electric prison and so does Charco.

    Marduk meanwhile flips the book open and begins chanting and moving his fingers rapidly.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #531
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    She was close. Closer then she would have wanted or liked. If they were trying to intimidate or get into her head they were sadly mistaken.

    At those words, her reply was dismissive. "I can care less what you refer to me as goddess. As for my other, she isn't me."

    They were trying to use the death of her alternate self as a way to get into her head and she would not let them have that. Though she did briefly wonder what it meant for others like her little sisters and her mother. She stopped that thought as quickly as it came knowing that was what they wanted. The old Karine would have fell for the bit of bait, the emotional reactions making her that much more sloppy in a fight

    Not anymore. Those years had hardened her for when these times came.

    Though after that, things happened in a blur, and soon the alternate Ishtar and the real one, her friend, had vanished. She was strong but the alternate one was so much stronger, how could she prevail alone? They had bled, so if nothing else they weren't as invincible as they would of thought themselves.

    Goddess indeed.

    There was nothing she could do for her friend, so, for the moment, she choose to focus on the present though perhaps..


    With the mist gone, she concentated seeing if she could get a bid of her friend's aura, anywhere. If she could maybe could travel through there. The goddess did seem to be arrogant enough that it would not surprise her if her lair or where ever she had gone was not as well disguised figuring it be not worth the effort. However if she did, she use her portal but wouldn't so alone.




    More or less as the cynical and experienced side of Aleka had suspected the battle had been to use a favorite earth phase she had learned, a clusterfuck.

    The only saving grace she could think of they had ways to talk to each other via that mental link Karine had set up. In the mean time Aleka was doing whenever, and how ever she could to assist but it was going to be a up hill battle.

    And then Parsley got punched through a wall and there was some creature that was obviously fused. Her eyes narrowed as she silently approached her ally, adding mentally. 'I'm going to touch your shoulder and give you a power boost, it should be roughly three times whatever your normal power is but only for a single attack. You can channel it whenever so just be smart about when to use it and we can hopefully waste the thing before we're screwed. I was hoping to save it for the bitch, but this hybrid is do or die.'

    The older woman briefly touched her shoulder, and Parsley would feel a comforting surge of energy briefly before she stopped. Aleka eyes focused on the creature, sliding into a defensive stance. "You got a name? Be rude not to have anything to put on your tomb stone."

    Man..this was..going to be rough.

    (I can edit if need be, I don't think Parsley's opponent was generous enough to let them vanish completely or Aleka just be talking to air)
    Karine, Ishtar is not on the planet anymore.

    Aleka, the Super Namekian looks at her.

    ďFile. Nameís File.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #532
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They look around, confused as they try and ready a counter.
    Sasheem briefly turns into his Katchin form as he breaks off the game of high-speed majin pinball and zips around to land atop, and subsequently crush, the skull of one of the assembled goons with his Destroyer's Elbow!

    "Gonna warn ya right now..." Sasheem sneered at the assembled foes. "Might wanna sound the retreat."

    Majin Metabolism Activated

    Current Power Level: 5,500,000

    Time Remaining: 3 posts

  8. #533
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    With a mighty roar, Deputy Charco breaks fee of his electric prison and so does Charco.

    Marduk meanwhile flips the book open and begins chanting and moving his fingers rapidly.
    With the destruction of the electric bindings, Charco's mind recovered and with it, the realization of why these shards of teal "crystal" were familiar.

    They were his, his ki.

    A side effect of his attempts to reproduce Penhuoqi's Thyreophora, these had been remnants of what energy hadn't gone into the TyrannoTitan Blast. Scooping up a handful, he crushed them, returning them to their original state, the destruction ki slithering around his hand and forearm like spectral serpents.

    "Hey, me," He called out to the saurian Charco, "Did you ever train with old man Poepayne in this timeline?"

    It was surprisingly easy to draw out enough motivation to dip into the well of emotional energy, the power of hate beginning to draw in the Oni like a blackhole greedily slurping at the surrounding cosmos.

  9. #534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ¬ďOf course. Follow me inside. Most of the upper labs are gone, but the Geo-Front labs are all in working order.¬Ē

    She leads them to a hidden elevator to take them down to the Geo-Front.
    As she beckoned, he would follow. Even in the state it was in, the shape of the semicircular foyer remained the same concave hollow. Their footsteps echoed, bounding between the layers of modular reinforcements in the walls until they exit the ruin above. The violent ruby leapt from the Alternate Zaofan's vision so recently, and yet just ahead the path their steps traced, the idle scent of every stock, seared meat and staple of that expansively catered luncheon lift in his memory. All set upon the amphitheatre stage for the Guardian Evangeline's chosen. Was the fracture of Time too, part of the divine structure?

    The elevator came swiftly, and as the doors slid open, to Ochazuke this, too, was entirely too spacious. He stepped in with Gero and Wilhelm, standing with his back to the door. He felt the initial lurch of the lift before its trajectory smoothed.

    The three of them were sealed within an uncomfortably slow descent. Like that sterilized, sunless world, every breath dragged itself and bristled.

    "...he's put a lot of faith in you. Pantaloon." The coldness of Char's grasp carried with them the pulse of something dreadfully familiar. "How did you come to meet him?"

  10. #535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Char and Wilhelm both nod.
    Time Rewind.

    Praxat gives a thumbs up.

    Time Forward.

    Much later Praxat puts on a Level A hazmat suit and then grabs a pair of safety glasses specifically design for her. She takes off her goggles and puts on the safety glasses. She then looks at her fellow scientists." If anyone needs me I'll be at my work station," Praxat said.

    Praxat heads to the mechanical wing. Once at her workstation in the mechanical wing Praxat takes out her equipment from her jobox, which consists of a pair of sterilized heat-resistant, and chemical-resistant welding gloves, cleaning tools, and various scientific instruments.

    All of her equipment is in airtight sterilized bags to keep out germs, and unwanted bacteria.

    Praxat then takes her gloves out of the bag they're in and puts them on. She then hears a noise at an infrasound frequency coming from her jobox after she closes it." Hmm, I know that noise. That's the noise the stabilizers in a jobox make when they need cleaning. It is very important that one always makes sure to always clean the stabilizers of their jobox when necessary," Praxat said.

    Praxat presses a small button underneath her jobox and two slots slide out from it, which reveals two energy stabilizer tubes that glow a bright blue. Praxat takes out the tubes and examines them carefully." Yeah these stabilizers are in need of a serious cleaning. Energy stabilizers are the key to making a jobox function correctly, so it is important that they are handled with care," Praxat said.

    Praxat takes out her cleaning tools from their bags, and delicately cleans the energy stabilizers of her jobox, taking special care not to damage them." Hmm, what modifications should I make for my goggles X-Ray vision or the ability to take pictures/record video, both have their benefits, but I can only work on one right now. So which one do I choose, I have to think carefully about this, and choose the modification that would benefit my goggles the most," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-17-2019 at 01:10 AM.

  11. #536
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    This time the Goddess dodges, icy mist swirling about her form.
    For Ishtar, the effects weren't immediate.

    One heartbeat ticked by, and the glowing-horn Oni watched as her counterpart dodged the blast that had been levied against her in a swirling hoary mist; and for a moment the Oni wondered if she had been building this all up in her head far more than she should have ... Then another heartbeat happened, and another, further cementing Ishtar's concern. So it came as some great surprise when, without warning, pain came flooding in.

    "Ah ..."

    Clutching at her chest with ragged breaths forced through clenched teeth, she found at least -- despite the pain -- some solace in the familiarity. In the end the pain did not last long however, and without warning it receded back from where it had spilled forth. Before Ishtar could express any kind of concern however, she felt it. A slow, almost melodic pulse of something she'd only ever felt a trickle of before ... and she understood what it meant as much, or more, as she understood how and why civilizations rose and fell:

    The inevitable had come at last ... and with it, a night to remember.

    And as the energy she'd once found herself all but deathly afraid of welled up from a now unblocked source to permeate the very fiber of her being; Ishtar looked up at her counterpart and flashed a humorless smile as her own Hakai enveloped her.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    This time the Goddess dodges, icy mist swirling about her form.
    “Hmm, Hakai.......”

    A globe of the stuff forms in her left hand.

    “Playing for keeps?”

    Now, fully transformed -- as she had been on a night five thousand one-hundred and twenty two years ago -- the golden-eyed Oni took a moment then to glance down at her transformation, taking stock of the changes and their similarities to the state she'd seen, previous; and for the first time in a great while three words were offered at the sight of herself. "How passing strange ..." In the end however, it mattered little. The time for care and concern for her own well-being had come and gone the moment she'd stepped through the RoSaT Time Gate; and with it any notion of surviving this counter -- if she managed such at all -- unchanged. So she looked up once more, and finally acknowledged herself.

    "Playing for keeps ?" Ishtar replied, almost mockingly as she took a step towards her doppelgšnger, the icy floor beneath her buckling under an unseen strain. "No ... we are well past keeps." With an almost effortless motion then the where once Ishtar had been standing exploded outward in a spray of rapidly disintegrating ice shards as the now transformed Oni launched herself at the Goddess of Ruination; appearing before her opposite in a flash before Hakai-tipped claws sliced through the air and towards the Oni-Alter's throat.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  12. #537
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,384

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The Arcosian bast her away while several of the Oni manage to battle back her other versions. However Erosaís taken out half the crew at least.
    With battle now joined between the various forms of Erosa and the upper end of the ship defenders, Parley was hopefully clear to handle getting the nexus...but in the midst of the carnage, a spark of inspiration was found from the unlikeliest of sources.

    The Youngest Erosa, despite her appearance, was intelligent enough to know they were fighting aboard a space boat....and boats had wheels to control them. Somewhere on this boat was a bridge with a wheel, and all she had to do was get to it and she could fly the boat.

    The thought now fully rooted in her young, overexcited head...Baby Erosa dropped what she was doing, honed in on where there were power levels that were't in combat with one of her forms as the most likely place, and headed straight there.

  13. #538
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,559

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    She finds the weapon room, a regen tank room, and a locker room for personal items.

    Of interest are two bottles, one clearly alcoholic, and an odd axe like weapon.
    Pocketing in capsules several items, including the two bottles, Cyanna takes a close look at the axe. She wasn't interested in a weapon for herself, but perhaps someone else might find it useful, and she had someone in mind.

    Swinging the axe at a nearby wall, she tested it out to see if it was worth keeping.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  14. #539
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She turns just as her foe steps in, looking at her.

    “Lovely.”

    With a fanged grin, his own muscles bulge and a sickly golden aura creeps up his body and encases him, his hair a burning pale yellow.

    He too had turned Super.
    To make matters worse, the abomination could also turn Super Saiyan. Normally, Parsley would have been more cautious when fighting a creature of a similar power to hers. Now, she smiled and let her aura flare like a star in the night sky. "You're an abomination. A disgrace to both your races," she spoke. "I'll enjoy killing you." With that, she launched forward toward File.

    As she flew, her aura shifted, turning sharper until it resembled a massive serrated buzzsaw. When she made contact, the aura cut into File like a knife, cutting and tearing into his flesh.

  15. #540
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    12,924

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    They pass through him, her target going intangible briefly. When in range, he swings his massive blade at her, aiming for her head.
    Her attacks passed right through him. Sarada took note of his intangibility, since she already had a counter for that if it became a bigger problem in the near future. For now, she focused on the sword. She wasn't sure if it was just an average sword or had some sort of magical properties, but it would make a nice display for her throne.

    He had to get in close to swing his sword in an attempt to decapitate her. When she saw the blade coming, she duck and moved forward under his swing. She then activated a shield against his midsection to throw him off balance.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •