Page 38 of 294 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Goddess of Ruination dodges.

But only just.

An inch, a head jerked back, and Ishtar just misses. The Goddess retaliates with an uppercut that sends Ishtar into the ceiling if it lands, Vitalmancy greedily pulling at Ishtar’s energy, trying to drain it towards the Goddess.
    Ishtar found her claws sailing past where they should have connected, and tore into flesh ... receiving, instead a blow that caught her under-chin and launched into the ceiling; a plume of vaporized ice and shards of the same raining down from above from the impact.

Despite the miss however, the Oni definitely noticed an ... improvement of a fashion.

Though as she made to pry herself from the wreckage of the celining, Ishtar felt her energy -- again -- begin to be siphoned away; the Goddess of Ruination turning to it time and again as perhaps a mean to tip the scales in her favor ... and at that, Ishtar flashed a smile from her 'hiding place'.

"Hungry ? I can help with that ..."

Obscured by the icy mist that had resulted from her impact, the Goddess of Ruination would find shards of ice launched at her by Ishtar ... while at the same time sensing that the Oni was beginning to drain the ambient energy from the room.

OT: Civilization's End, next post.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    “A science convention about five years back. Since then we’ve been sounding boards for each other’s work. He’s better at spatial reasoning and psychics, I’m better at cybernetics and biology. Normally we would’t have much in common, but Adam is a wonder and the issue with young Karis is...unique. I must say that dear Wilhelm here, despite his clear soldier background, is quite an intelligent and promising scientist in his own right.”

Wilhelm actually shifts and looks...bashful? No, more shy at the praise perhaps.

“Long time.....to myself. Self...taught.....a lot of things. Had to.”
    "I see." For a long time now they'd taken him for granted, but though he was no warrior, Pantaloon had been preparing for these violent days longer than they had. A man of science taking things on faith. Small wonder he was the recipient of the Guardian's vision. Not all conflicts were resolved the way things so often degenerated to. It required a view that reached further than the moment into the future.

Among their company atop the world, he stood alone without a peer. Different minds for varied disciplines.

"We take it for granted that more often than not, that necessity is the driver for innovation. Seldom can we understand the matter if it remains unexamined." His gaze darkened momentarily. Metallic limbs. Artificial core. "After all, a narrowed focus can go far deeper."

Or blinds vision to all else without exception. He shift his eyes to Gero then. "Of course, finding the limits of such a unique case, I would imagine much remains to be tested."

It seemed for the moment that Gero was dedicated to the practice, but in what Ochazuke did not say - specifying whether it was Adam or Karis - that he hoped to uncover where her priorities lay, and whether he had encountered a direct piece of her legacy before.

Praxat is hard at work on researching the electromagnetic spectrum." Hmm, X-rays are out of the question since X-radiation is ionizing radiation that means it has enough energy to rip electrons from atoms, and this can cause havoc on biological systems. Long term exposure to X-rays can lead to cancer, that and X-rays wouldn't be useful anyway since a detector would be needed, and the only abundant source of X-rays is space," Praxat said.

Praxat looks through the electromagnetic spectrum in a book and reads up on everything up Wi-Fi waves, Millimeter waves and Terahertz waves." Wi-Fi could work, but it would be blurry. Next up is Millimeter waves which would provide better imaging then Wi-Fi. However, the best choice to use for my X-Ray mode according to my research on the Electromagnetic spectrum is Terahertz radiation," Praxat said.

Praxat looks into Terahertz radiation." Terahertz waves are the closest thing to X-rays without the damaging effects, but there are a few problems. Like the fact, they can't penetrate water, similar fluids or metals, but science has only scratched the surface of what these can do. What if there was a way that Terahertz waves could penetrate water, similar fluids, and metals? " Praxat said.

Praxat thinks carefully about her hypothesis. " Hmm, maybe If the intensity of a Terahertz wave was increased that would allow it to penetrate water and metals. I need to test out this hypothesis." Praxat said.

Praxat gets to work testing out how hypothesis by using equipment to generate terahertz waves with fire them at firing them at a cup of water and various metal objects. " Okay test number 1 increasing intensity of terahertz wave to 5x does not allow it to penetrate water or metals. Maybe I need to increase the intensity even further." Praxat said.

Praxat ups the intensity of the T-waves by 5x and still no penetration." Sigh not even a 10x intensity Terahertz wave is enough to penetrate water or metal. If 10x is enough then maybe I should just go straight to 100x intensity!" Praxat said.

Praxat goes straight to 100x intensity and even that's not enough to penetrate water or metal. " Okay so no matter what the intensity it's impossible for terahertz waves to penetrate water or metal. I need to figure something else out for my X-ray modification. Wait my former master Khan once told me that Chi is everywhere, and since Chi is energy it must have a wavelength on the electromagnetic spectrum," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at her goggles that are on a desk." If I can discover that wavelength than maybe I could find a way to use its properties for my X-ray modification!" Praxat said.

Praxat then gets hard at work attempting to discover a new electromagnetic wavelength by using various electromagnetic detection equipment. " This is going take a long while but if my hypothesis is correct then I'm on the verge of finding a whole new type of electromagnetic radiation . A big part of science is discovery, so I will discover that which has yet to be discovered!" Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-19-2019 at 11:12 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "I see." For a long time now they'd taken him for granted, but though he was no warrior, Pantaloon had been preparing for these violent days longer than they had. A man of science taking things on faith. Small wonder he was the recipient of the Guardian's vision. Not all conflicts were resolved the way things so often degenerated to. It required a view that reached further than the moment into the future.

Among their company atop the world, he stood alone without a peer. Different minds for varied disciplines.

"We take it for granted that more often than not, that necessity is the driver for innovation. Seldom can we understand the matter if it remains unexamined." His gaze darkened momentarily. Metallic limbs. Artificial core. "After all, a narrowed focus can go far deeper."

Or blinds vision to all else without exception. He shift his eyes to Gero then. "Of course, finding the limits of such a unique case, I would imagine much remains to be tested."

It seemed for the moment that Gero was dedicated to the practice, but in what Ochazuke did not say - specifying whether it was Adam or Karis - that he hoped to uncover where her priorities lay, and whether he had encountered a direct piece of her legacy before.
    “The cryo-tube is nigh indestructible, we’ve been careful not to disrupt any of the functions with our probing. I have high hopes for a new sort of nanite I’ve designed, partially off of Adam’s schematics. I think it could help us understand the pod’s functions better and give us, essentially, an understandable instruction manual.”

The elevator stops and the three step out into the kush and massive Geo-Front. A vehicle sits waiting for them.

“This will take us to the lab area.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar found her claws sailing past where they should have connected, and tore into flesh ... receiving, instead a blow that caught her under-chin and launched into the ceiling; a plume of vaporized ice and shards of the same raining down from above from the impact.

Despite the miss however, the Oni definitely noticed an ... improvement of a fashion.

Though as she made to pry herself from the wreckage of the celining, Ishtar felt her energy -- again -- begin to be siphoned away; the Goddess of Ruination turning to it time and again as perhaps a mean to tip the scales in her favor ... and at that, Ishtar flashed a smile from her 'hiding place'.

"Hungry ? I can help with that ..."

Obscured by the icy mist that had resulted from her impact, the Goddess of Ruination would find shards of ice launched at her by Ishtar ... while at the same time sensing that the Oni was beginning to drain the ambient energy from the room.

OT: Civilization's End, next post.

The Goddess ignores the shards and lobs a ball of Hakai at where she thinks Ishtar is.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    The child Erosa examined the alien and activated her Hunter-Killer cloak, stalking closer like a wild animal....sizing up her prey, and his power before decided what she'll do next. At the same time she let her eyes wander the bridge for anything that looked important, or shiny enough to be worth poking a bit once her conquest was complete.
    The crewman is weak, scared, and jittery.

The main console seems quite interesting and shiny.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The fact that Marduk was actively resisting only fed more fuel into Charco's annoyance and rage, strengthening the pull of hate that comprised the Brachio Stomp technique.

"Then you should know, he's stuck in place."

Even if Marduk would strength himself to resist the draw toward Charco, it still meant he was focused on being drawn on and thus, was open to attack.
    The Deputy grins as a weird grey aura surrounds him.

“Hold him for a minute. I’m transforming. If I can destroy that book or sever it from him, he’ll die for sure this time.”

Meanwhile Marduk’s resistance gets even stronger.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley's vision blurred from the punch to the back of her head. She lurched forward and fell flat on her face.

File was much more powerful than she anticipated. She hadn't expected him to be as fast as he was, nor as strong. Brute strength wasn't going to win her this fight; she was going to have to fight with her brain, not just her power. She knew exactly how to proceed from here.

A ball of light formed in her hand. While she was still face down, she tossed the ball in the air, where it exploded. Corona Disruption would have not only disrupted his mundane senses -- sight, smell, hearing -- but also his ki sense and magic sense.
    He staggers back, blind and disoriented.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Heavy bastard, she noted as she tossed him off balance. She didn't give it any thought, but she did keep it in the back of her mind for now. Instead, she continued pushing him back with her shield while making a grab for the hilt of his sword in an attempt to wretch it from his grip.
    Once contact is made with the hilt, Sarada a burning searing pain unlike any you’ve ever experienced races through your hand.

Pulling back you can see, to your horror, that your palm and the inside of your fingers are burned to a char.

The odd Oni grunts and smirks.

“The Blade of Bloodwrath has marked you, mortal.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Her ears twitched as they picked up the sounds all around her and through the ship. Remaining invisible, extending it to the axe as well which she held very respectfully, Cyanna had to navigate her way back to the others.

Only, which direction should she go? Her mind raced as she tried to decide, finally deciding to let fate decide for her.

Leaving the room, she went back into the main part of the ship and randomly chose a direction. With that, she moved quickly. Whomever of her teammates she finds first, she would offer them the axe.

If it is an enemy she finds first ....
    She runs across Parsley who has just blinded a weird looking Namek/Saiyan hybrid.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Sasheem uses his Mamba Boost to increase his speed to dodge the blasts sent his way. As soon he got neat enough to one, he sprouted his Naga Palms and shot forth two arms to plague two of his opponents with venomous strikes, while the one he was closest to got hit with a food beam.

Sasheem aimed to turn this bastard into a large wad of gum. He had another idea bubbling up in his malicious Majin mind.

Majin Metabolism Activated

Current Power Level: 5,500,000

Time Remaining: 2 posts
    All fall to Sasheem. One left over manages to start casting a spell however.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

The Deputy grins as a weird grey aura surrounds him.

“Hold him for a minute. I’m transforming. If I can destroy that book or sever it from him, he’ll die for sure this time.”

Meanwhile Marduk’s resistance gets even stronger.
    "Gotcha..."

Taking in a deep breath, Charco dredged up what energy he could muster, tapping once more into the Thyreophora state. Grimacing, the boy could feel his body straining against the sudden rush of power, ill-prepared to deal with it a second time but held together by martial training and willpower. Gritting his teeth, he could at least relish in the knowledge that the intense pain of his body preparing to tear itself apart would give his hatred-fueled Brachio Stomp vortex a good little boost in retaliation to Marduk's resistance.

Now he just had to hold on until the Deputy's preparations were done.

---

Combat Information
    Thyreophora, Second State: Active
    Current PL: 1,812,500 (Boost less effective after repetitive use)
    Posts Until Detonation: 2 (Time reduced due to repetitive use)

Stopping in her tracks, Cyanna silently, and invisibly, waits and watches from nearby. As she does, she rummages through her mind, working out a strategy of her own, should it be necessary.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Namekian was blinded and disoriented, just as Parsley planned. She could have used this opportunity to absorb the nexus, but this abomination needed to be destroyed for good. Aleka had been forced to stand on the sidelines during the battle. She tossed Aleka the nexus device. "Finish the mission!" Her golden fire flashed and shone, Aura of Reflection willing itself into existence.

As the creature staggered back, Parsley rushed in and rammed both hands down his throat. Opposing energies flowed through her body and were forcibly coalesced between her hands. "SPIRAL FLASH!!" The opposite energies thundered through her and exploded into File.

Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 06-20-2019 at 05:15 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Once contact is made with the hilt, Sarada a burning searing pain unlike any you’ve ever experienced races through your hand.

Pulling back you can see, to your horror, that your palm and the inside of your fingers are burned to a char.

The odd Oni grunts and smirks.

“The Blade of Bloodwrath has marked you, mortal.”
    Sarada screamed in pain. It was worst than anything she had felt in her entire life. She let go of the hilt and staggered back. Even after she released it, pain still shot through entire arm. Her fingers, her entire hand was charred to the very bone. Stupid. Stupid!

It was stupid to try and grab his sword. Hindsight was 20/20, but she should have known that stupid thing was magical or demonic or something. Even its name sounded mystical.

And it marked her. For what, she didn't know; but she did know that she didn't plan on finding out.

With her good hand, she pulled out her Katchin knife and chopped her injured hand off at the wrist. "No one marks me, Oni," she snarled.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!