Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 585 of 1390
  1. #571
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,396

    Default

    The ambient energy that remained in the room was for the most part ... a paltry sum. Yet for Ishtar, who continued her drain of it until the last possible second, it would have to do.

    So when it was that the Goddess of Ruination offered her own attack, the glowing-horn Oni took what she had amassed and disappeared.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The Goddess ignores the shards and lobs a ball of Hakai at where she thinks Ishtar is.
    And had she remained in one place, the globule of Hakai would have caught her full-on. Instead it struck where she had been; and with a smirk, Ishtar appeared before her counterpart and returned the energy she had pilfered ... with, of all things, a rhetorical question.

    "The end of a civilization ... I wonder how it tastes ... "

    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  2. #572
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    All fall to Sasheem. One left over manages to start casting a spell however.
    "Aw shit, magi? Really?" Sasheem grumbled, looking somewhat distraught. He had still yet to conquer his one weakness, a huge oversight in his ambitions, however scattered they were. Despite being made of the stuff, magic was just the one hill he had yet to climb.


    Might as well solve it now. Sasheem grabbed the giant glob of gum that was was once one of his assailants and launched it at the caster, hoping that it would cover his foe's hands and mouth to prevent any spell from being spoken or cast.

  3. #573

    Default

    Praxat is at her workstation at Capsule Corp still hard at work finding a new type of electromagnetic radiation." I'm so close I can feel it. I'm on the verge of finding a new type of electromagnetic radiation. I just need to do more tests and more analyzation !" Praxat said.

    Praxat does a bunch of tests, and analysis them. Each test and analyzation brings her one step close to achieving her goal in discovering a new form of electromagnetic radiation.

  4. #574
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena follows Reimi through the portal.
    Passage through the portal was brief, yet a little unsettling as the darkness brought with it a complete loss of sensation. Upon stepping out of the darkness, Althena finds herself on a world very much like Earth, only more so.

    The path they were on went through a deep, dense forest. Bright sunlight from above was filtered by a broad leaved canopy of every shade of green that emanated from thick waisted trees tall enough to drink moisture from the occasional white clouds. In the air was a faint smell, the scent of what could have been a mix of honeysuckle and roses, though there was no sign of flowering plants anywhere.

    Reimi leads the young Guardian down this path until they reach the outskirts of a small village. Sitting against a tree, near the entrance, was an old man.



    "Master Andron." Reimi spoke with respect.

    The old man looked at her, but as he did it was clear that there was something wrong with his eyes.

    "Ginotome, are you not late?"

    "Dear Andron, it could not be helped." Reimi replied with a slight bow. Then she glanced back at Althena, motioning her t0 step forward.

    "Is it true, child," Andron was now addressing Althena, "that you wish foreknowledge?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  5. #575
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    The crewman is weak, scared, and jittery.

    The main console seems quite interesting and shiny.
    "Gaoooooooo!" Erosa let out an audible growl intended to give the crew member a fright before pouncing from her stealth and headbutting the poor sod square in the chest. She held back a little....not wanting to kill him since she might need him for button pushing later.

    Assuming that was handled, she would then hop up to the main console and get to work on her master plan of flying the boat....hopefully the controls were easily marked, if not she could always slap a few buttons and see what happens.

  6. #576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Passage through the portal was brief, yet a little unsettling as the darkness brought with it a complete loss of sensation. Upon stepping out of the darkness, Althena finds herself on a world very much like Earth, only more so.

    The path they were on went through a deep, dense forest. Bright sunlight from above was filtered by a broad leaved canopy of every shade of green that emanated from thick waisted trees tall enough to drink moisture from the occasional white clouds. In the air was a faint smell, the scent of what could have been a mix of honeysuckle and roses, though there was no sign of flowering plants anywhere.

    Reimi leads the young Guardian down this path until they reach the outskirts of a small village. Sitting against a tree, near the entrance, was an old man.



    "Master Andron." Reimi spoke with respect.

    The old man looked at her, but as he did it was clear that there was something wrong with his eyes.

    "Ginotome, are you not late?"

    "Dear Andron, it could not be helped." Reimi replied with a slight bow. Then she glanced back at Althena, motioning her t0 step forward.

    "Is it true, child," Andron was now addressing Althena, "that you wish foreknowledge?"

    " I may not look it but I'm actually 2,020 years old, and yes I wish to seek your knowledge," Althena said.

  7. #577
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    20,614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I may not look it but I'm actually 2,020 years old, and yes I wish to seek your knowledge," Althena said.
    Andron then pointed a finger to a lawer branch of a nearby tree. Althena could see two birds on the branch, one had blue feathers, the other grey and white feathers. As he pointed, he spoke, "Tell me, which one will take flight first."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.
    DBM: Meagan/Cyanna/Dash/Mirror Mage

  8. #578
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The Namekian was blinded and disoriented, just as Parsley planned. She could have used this opportunity to absorb the nexus, but this abomination needed to be destroyed for good. Aleka had been forced to stand on the sidelines during the battle. She tossed Aleka the nexus device. "Finish the mission!" Her golden fire flashed and shone, Aura of Reflection willing itself into existence.

    As the creature staggered back, Parsley rushed in and rammed both hands down his throat. Opposing energies flowed through her body and were forcibly coalesced between her hands. "SPIRAL FLASH!!" The opposite energies thundered through her and exploded into File.

    It wasn't the ideal and Aleka had thought there was definitely some ironing out she needed to do if she was going to be more helpful in a fight; but that was for later. When the item was tossed to her, she grabbed it out of the air. "Got it!"

    Not having anywhere else to put it, the most practical one was, well between her clevage at the moment. After that she quickly rushed to the room Fife had come out of to absorb the Nexus into the device. While it looked like Parsley had done the deed, she couldn't just assume they were dead knowing her luck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada screamed in pain. It was worst than anything she had felt in her entire life. She let go of the hilt and staggered back. Even after she released it, pain still shot through entire arm. Her fingers, her entire hand was charred to the very bone. Stupid. Stupid!

    It was stupid to try and grab his sword. Hindsight was 20/20, but she should have known that stupid thing was magical or demonic or something. Even its name sounded mystical.

    And it marked her. For what, she didn't know; but she did know that she didn't plan on finding out.

    With her good hand, she pulled out her Katchin knife and chopped her injured hand off at the wrist. "No one marks me, Oni," she snarled.
    Karine had been distracted by the minor enemies though she had been worried about anyone who could challenge a Super Sayain considering her lack of boost at the moment. It didn't mean she'd stay idle and let her friends do absolutely everything while she stood at the side lines.

    From the corner of her eye, she witnessed the heated battle between her friend and a Oni? They certainly looked and felt like one at any rate. However, something went terribly wrong and not only did she see it, she sensed it. A cold, calculating rage took hold but she didn't let it blind her or it mean getting herself hurt or killed.

    Using her Shadow Walk with her stealth, she appeared using the opponents own shadow from behind, while keeping her power hidden. A shadowy lance from her Dark Lancer aimed to pierce their heart and explode from the inside, weaker she may have been, she knew a surprise attack at the right time could hurt a much more powerful opponent. She didn't need to kill them, just badly wound them.

  9. #579

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Andron then pointed a finger to a lawer branch of a nearby tree. Althena could see two birds on the branch, one had blue feathers, the other grey and white feathers. As he pointed, he spoke, "Tell me, which one will take flight first."
    Due to her race's superior detection of blue light, Althena can spot shades of blue on the bird with the blue feathers that wouldn't be distinguishable to humans. " Since my Clairvoyance can't see into the future, that I know of. I can use my Clairvoyance to relay the current events or past events of a creature into my mind, but it only seems to work on creatures with high intelligence," Althena said.

    Althena points at the bird with the blue feathers," I can see slightest of movements, and I can even hear their heartbeats. So I can only guess base on the slightest of movements and their heartbeats. That the bird with the lovely shades of blue will fly first," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-21-2019 at 09:34 PM.

  10. #580
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Gotcha..."

    Taking in a deep breath, Charco dredged up what energy he could muster, tapping once more into the Thyreophora state. Grimacing, the boy could feel his body straining against the sudden rush of power, ill-prepared to deal with it a second time but held together by martial training and willpower. Gritting his teeth, he could at least relish in the knowledge that the intense pain of his body preparing to tear itself apart would give his hatred-fueled Brachio Stomp vortex a good little boost in retaliation to Marduk's resistance.

    Now he just had to hold on until the Deputy's preparations were done.

    ---

    Combat Information
    Thyreophora, Second State: Active
    Current PL: 1,812,500 (Boost less effective after repetitive use)
    Posts Until Detonation: 2 (Time reduced due to repetitive use)
    Charco can feel Mardukís magic ripping away at his trap, overpowering it.

    However, the sudden silence and power surge beside him draws both their eyes.

    Deputy Charco has fossilized. A hardening of his skin all around until he is essentially a living fossil happens before their eyes.

    And then the form cracks and shatters, the power spikes incredibly high (8,000,000), and his true form emerges.




    Shifting around, his tail swishing, Deputy Charco smiles a predator smile at Marduk.



    ďTyrant Kingís Dominance!Ē

    A wave of power radiates out and slams into Marduk, staggering him. Deputy Charco lurches forward, grabs the book, and with sickening sound rips it away from Marduk. The oni howls as if a limb had been ripped off, and staggers back.

    The Deputy seems to be struggling with the book as he calls out.

    ďFinish him, me! While the book is separate!Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #581
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    The Namekian was blinded and disoriented, just as Parsley planned. She could have used this opportunity to absorb the nexus, but this abomination needed to be destroyed for good. Aleka had been forced to stand on the sidelines during the battle. She tossed Aleka the nexus device. "Finish the mission!" Her golden fire flashed and shone, Aura of Reflection willing itself into existence.

    As the creature staggered back, Parsley rushed in and rammed both hands down his throat. Opposing energies flowed through her body and were forcibly coalesced between her hands. "SPIRAL FLASH!!" The opposite energies thundered through her and exploded into File.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Stopping in her tracks, Cyanna silently, and invisibly, waits and watches from nearby. As she does, she rummages through her mind, working out a strategy of her own, should it be necessary.
    File staggers back, half his chest blown in and lower jaw gone. Beams of energy spark from his eyes and cut into Parsley's shoulder as the hybrid concentrated and starts regenerating.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #582

    Default

    In her workstation at Capsule Corp, Praxat is adjusting a camera as she looks into a monitor." Okay, this is test no 20. I feel like each test, each analyzation, and each adjustment, is getting me closer to my goal of discovering a new type of electromagnetic radiation," Praxat said.

    Praxat finishes adjusting the camera, and after adjusting it begins her 20th test. When the test is finish, Praxat analysis the test results, and then makes adjustments as needed. Praxat has been recording all of her tests on her workstation computer using a small video camera on top of her monitor.

  13. #583
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Sarada screamed in pain. It was worst than anything she had felt in her entire life. She let go of the hilt and staggered back. Even after she released it, pain still shot through entire arm. Her fingers, her entire hand was charred to the very bone. Stupid. Stupid!

    It was stupid to try and grab his sword. Hindsight was 20/20, but she should have known that stupid thing was magical or demonic or something. Even its name sounded mystical.

    And it marked her. For what, she didn't know; but she did know that she didn't plan on finding out.

    With her good hand, she pulled out her Katchin knife and chopped her injured hand off at the wrist. "No one marks me, Oni," she snarled.
    The Oni chuckles.

    ďThat will not save you.Ē

    Red, angry pain radiates from the severed limb, her blood thundering in her ears as a pulse of something dangerous ripples through her. The Oni moves forward, readying the blade, when Sheriff Zaofan slams into him full tilt.

    ďNeed a hand?Ē He calls out as he knocks the blade away and starts wrestling the Oni.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #584
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    The ambient energy that remained in the room was for the most part ... a paltry sum. Yet for Ishtar, who continued her drain of it until the last possible second, it would have to do.

    So when it was that the Goddess of Ruination offered her own attack, the glowing-horn Oni took what she had amassed and disappeared.



    And had she remained in one place, the globule of Hakai would have caught her full-on. Instead it struck where she had been; and with a smirk, Ishtar appeared before her counterpart and returned the energy she had pilfered ... with, of all things, a rhetorical question.

    "The end of a civilization ... I wonder how it tastes ... "

    The attack lands, the world goes white and noisy, and the throne room ripples and shatters.

    When the sound and fury dies down, the throne room and mountaintop it resided on is gone. The mountain is gone. High above Ishtar is a beautiful starscape, twin full moons above her.

    Cold mist slowly starts coalesces into a panting Ruination Goddess as Vitalmancy pulls at any surrounding life force to restore her body.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #585
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Aw shit, magi? Really?" Sasheem grumbled, looking somewhat distraught. He had still yet to conquer his one weakness, a huge oversight in his ambitions, however scattered they were. Despite being made of the stuff, magic was just the one hill he had yet to climb.


    Might as well solve it now. Sasheem grabbed the giant glob of gum that was was once one of his assailants and launched it at the caster, hoping that it would cover his foe's hands and mouth to prevent any spell from being spoken or cast.
    The caster vanishes.

    Sasheem can feel something pricking at his neck, and a searing pain lancing through his body.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •