Page 47 of 294 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    That is almost spot on.

Your insight shows you that the blade was made for your grip, your strength, your power. It’s keen edge is not katchin, but something else entirely that may be even better, stronger. It belonged to your alternate, who passed on and it was taken as a trophy of her death.
    So, it was made just for Parsley. Parsley's alternate self to be exact. It matched her grip, and was designed for her strength and power. Her alt died and Ishtar must have taken it as a trophy.

What was interesting was the blade. It wasn't katchin like Sarada's knives; it was better and stronger. Heh. She couldn't wait to rub that in Sarada's face. "Thank you, me, for having such excellent taste in weaponry," she murmured. The only regret she had was that she had to die for her -- well, Cyanna -- to stumble across this wonderful ax.

Oh, well. It was an alternate, so no use shedding tears over a copy.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Gero smirks a bit.

“Well, I am the best.”
    A short grunt left him, almost as if resigned to this. Yours is the realm of mimetic machines.

Karis slept, hermetically stilled as he imagined she would have been in life. The outside world passed her by suspended in this sleeping moment, and with it all the rigours, strife and chaos that came with the shift of flux. Halted between heartbeat and breath, her life ceased its passage; stilled, pristine, preserved.

Only Wilhelm would know what dreams ceased to move behind the glass, until it would be decided how she would return when things were just so. Yet there was a notion that remained with Ochazuke, beyond the dark of the Capsule House that he saw rendered in the artificial ecosystem outside. A repeatable condition, rendered and duplicated endlessly on the smallest level, shifting nanite fractal patterns, compensating for all natural deficiencies in the design arrayed. "Are you certain this is the appropriate medium for the solution?"

The hand holds the hammer, the eye seeks nails.

Wilhelm watches her walk away towards the pod before looking at Ochazuke.

“Not...waking her yet. Not..safe on Earth. Though....have faith you’ll...prevail. Just seeing if...we CAN....wake her when there are more....peaceful times.”
    Ochazuke blinked slowly, his broad shoulders shrugged. "What is it about the design of the thing that eludes you?"

He moved toward the pod opposite of Gero, towards the deficient side.

"The difference between a shelter and a cage is in the eye of the beholder. Although...the matter is simply a matter of finding the way out."

Nods to Adam who walks over and speaks.

“Doctor Gero speaks generally. My nanites consume and replicate. Aggressive.”

He shrugs in a fake human way.

“But she has made steps in improving me. Energy consumption and absorption is far easier. More types of energy too. Jinzi will be pleased.”

To Ochazuke, the room seems ready to introduce a small amount of nanites in a crack in the side of the tube so they can try and map out the machine’s insides without damaging them. As for Adam.....sensing him has always been difficult, but you do see that he seems slightly larger than normal. His ‘skin’ more mirror shiny then before.
    The Machine's voice was as detached as ever, a quantitative analysis of its function and assured of its superiority. The shape Adam held, he knew very well was only a courtesy, though the mass it had gained and its constant learning seemed to give it a veneer of uncanny mocking. The function of its matrix was to Consume, Absorb, Replicate...

"...and what about Replacement?" A hollow question. He'd seen Adam assimilate lesser machines into itself, extend its consciousness through alien designs. And the Doctor...

Whatever the case, it seemed that they had decided on their means, and spoken to a purpose, and yet there was something amiss. Before the process could start, Ochazuke threw his sight over the entire building, augmenting the focus of Kyokushin Keihatsu with the insights drawn from the resonance of the Earth surrouding them at this depth with Muhen Seikai Keihatsu. And so gathered, he sought answers, the truth, about the breadth of things concealed within this entire Geofront facility and how they framed the small, living presence concealed in the Cryo-Tube's structures.
    Last edited by grampagen; 06-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.

“It.....it’s a conceptual weapon, Blizzar. For something like what the Doctor is, protected by regenerating nanites from the big gheti Star and Adam, it will strip all that away.”

He looks at Blizzar.

“But it does so by.....warping time. It locks the target’s body in time, then unmakes the targets body, and anything else in the bubble. Time as a useable weapon is....terrifying, Blizzar. Time travel and time magic is one thing, but this....this is point and click.”
    "Concentrated, weaponized time..." Blizzar muttered, thinking over the implications. He had a hard enough time accepting they had been freely traveling to alternate timelines, but this. Even as a concept, he regarded this as something that shouldn't exist. "That is truly terrible. I'm not certain how such a thing is even possible...but I'm going to assume you've devised a way to create it, yes?"

Several blueprints are missing. Also, the alarm doesn’t sound.
    " Dammit the alarm must be broken, or that intruder is using a sound damper. Also, dammit they took several of my blueprints. Hopefully, they didn't take the molecular minimizer blueprint. Also, hopefully, they had the courtesy of not making a mess, but still dammit," Praxat said.

Praxat gets ready to conduct her test." I ever since I watch The Fantastic Adventures of Termite Man a long time ago, I have been thinking what if there is a dimension that coexists with our own, one that is so small that it's on a subatomic level. There is such a dimension in The Fantastic Adventures of Termite Man and the original graphical novel, but what if such a dimension really did exist? " Praxat said.

She then starts the test and during the test, the equipment seems like it's overheating but then something bizarre happens. Suddenly there are strange flashes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and white lights. Then the equipment suddenly cools down as Praxat covers her eyes to keep from being blinded by the flashing lights.

The flashlights soon die down and when it's over strange readings start showing up on a monitor that Praxat is using to take readings. Praxat carefully examines the readings and checks them with what is known about all current forms of radiation by looking at various books on radiation. " Okay these readings are very strange indeed they don't correspond to any known radiation, and the photons are acting really bizarre," Praxat said.

Praxat checks the readings again and looks them over." Hmm, could this be the new type of radiation I been looking for?" I need to conduct more tests before coming to a conclusion. This could be what I'm looking for, but I have to make sure this isn't a fluke," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at her goggles." After I make sure this is what I been looking for, and can start working on that X-ray modification for my goggles. Hopefully, that intruder also didn't take my X-ray mod blueprint for my goggles. I made that blueprint before I conduct my search for a new type of radiation," Praxat said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-26-2019 at 05:08 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "So, how'd you do it?" He asked.

Charco didn't care that he might end up with a reptilian look like the Deputy, as long as he could keep a hold onto his own mind, body, and soul he would be willing to pay any price.
    “Finally decided to go toe to toe with him. Morgana helped me. Helped me control my mind so I could finally confront him. Then I overcame him.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    A short grunt left him, almost as if resigned to this. Yours is the realm of mimetic machines.

Karis slept, hermetically stilled as he imagined she would have been in life. The outside world passed her by suspended in this sleeping moment, and with it all the rigours, strife and chaos that came with the shift of flux. Halted between heartbeat and breath, her life ceased its passage; stilled, pristine, preserved.

Only Wilhelm would know what dreams ceased to move behind the glass, until it would be decided how she would return when things were just so. Yet there was a notion that remained with Ochazuke, beyond the dark of the Capsule House that he saw rendered in the artificial ecosystem outside. A repeatable condition, rendered and duplicated endlessly on the smallest level, shifting nanite fractal patterns, compensating for all natural deficiencies in the design arrayed. "Are you certain this is the appropriate medium for the solution?"

The hand holds the hammer, the eye seeks nails.

Ochazuke blinked slowly, his broad shoulders shrugged. "What is it about the design of the thing that eludes you?"

He moved toward the pod opposite of Gero, towards the deficient side.

"The difference between a shelter and a cage is in the eye of the beholder. Although...the matter is simply a matter of finding the way out."

The Machine's voice was as detached as ever, a quantitative analysis of its function and assured of its superiority. The shape Adam held, he knew very well was only a courtesy, though the mass it had gained and its constant learning seemed to give it a veneer of uncanny mocking. The function of its matrix was to Consume, Absorb, Replicate...

"...and what about Replacement?" A hollow question. He'd seen Adam assimilate lesser machines into itself, extend its consciousness through alien designs. And the Doctor...

Whatever the case, it seemed that they had decided on their means, and spoken to a purpose, and yet there was something amiss. Before the process could start, Ochazuke threw his sight over the entire building, augmenting the focus of Kyokushin Keihatsu with the insights drawn from the resonance of the Earth surrouding them at this depth with Muhen Seikai Keihatsu. And so gathered, he sought answers, the truth, about the breadth of things concealed within this entire Geofront facility and how they framed the small, living presence concealed in the Cryo-Tube's structures.
    “The design......her father had it made. Special. One of a kind. To protect her from...everything. I am...fearful of opening it incorrectly. Cryo-sleep.....is dangerous if not reversed properly. I well....know.”

He looks over at Adam and Gero.

“I would prefere....Jinzi alone in this....But I cannot.......exclude their brilliance. I will take....offered help.”

Ochazuke, your senses penetrate the entire geofront.

There are hidden labs and weapons all around, so mundane and some incredibly powerful. Supply caches, housing, everything needed to defend and protect and shelter the city above if needed.

There is nothing negative drawn to the tube, no direct danger from anyone or anything. Gero does have an aura of....directed fascination. Again, that less than ‘doing this because it’s right and good’ attitude. She intends on getting something from this.

Adam hides nothing he didn’t sense before. Wilhelm, calm and controlled though worried. No artiface in him.

However, his senses do...sense something: the tube won’t open to the nanites. No, he can sense now a pattern to the tube. A hand here, a finger trace there, the entire outer shell is actually a touch pad like on a phone. Patterns, lines needed to be drawn in exact patterns to open it.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Concentrated, weaponized time..." Blizzar muttered, thinking over the implications. He had a hard enough time accepting they had been freely traveling to alternate timelines, but this. Even as a concept, he regarded this as something that shouldn't exist. "That is truly terrible. I'm not certain how such a thing is even possible...but I'm going to assume you've devised a way to create it, yes?"
    “No.”

He shakes his head.

“I refuse. The me that wants this....he’s desperate to stop the Doctor. But this....no, once something like this is made it can never truly be unmade. It’s dangerous.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " Dammit the alarm must be broken, or that intruder is using a sound damper. Also, dammit they took several of my blueprints. Hopefully, they didn't take the molecular minimizer blueprint. Also, hopefully, they had the courtesy of not making a mess, but still dammit," Praxat said.

Praxat gets ready to conduct her test." I ever since I watch The Fantastic Adventures of Termite Man a long time ago, I have been thinking what if there is a dimension that coexists with our own, one that is so small that it's on a subatomic level. There is such a dimension in The Fantastic Adventures of Termite Man and the original graphical novel, but what if such a dimension really did exist? " Praxat said.

She then starts the test and during the test, the equipment seems like it's overheating but then something bizarre happens. Suddenly there are strange flashes of red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet, and white lights. Then the equipment suddenly cools down as Praxat covers her eyes to keep from being blinded by the flashing lights.

The flashlights soon die down and when it's over strange readings start showing up on a monitor that Praxat is using to take readings. Praxat carefully examines the readings and checks them with what is known about all current forms of radiation by looking at various books on radiation. " Okay these readings are very strange indeed they don't correspond to any known radiation, and the photons are acting really bizarre," Praxat said.

Praxat checks the readings again and looks them over." Hmm, could this be the new type of radiation I been looking for?" I need to conduct more tests before coming to a conclusion. This could be what I'm looking for, but I have to make sure this isn't a fluke," Praxat said.

Praxat looks at her goggles." After I make sure this is what I been looking for, and can start working on that X-ray modification for my goggles. Hopefully, that intruder also didn't take my X-ray mod blueprint for my goggles. I made that blueprint before I conduct my search for a new type of radiation," Praxat said.
    A mess has been made.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

She does so, taking a chunk of the left arm.

The Ruination goddess looks messed up. She backhands Ishtar away, then charges two balls of Hakai and throws them after her. Then cold mists starts pouring over the area, shrouding the Goddess from sense and sight.
    Clone or not, of the Ruined God. It was strong ... yet for all of it the talk and what Ishtar herself knew deep down as true, she at the least drew blood; which meant beyond all things ... that when she fell, the others would perhaps do better.

Though it seemed the 'gloves' were off, truly; as her counterpart offered two orbs of Hakai, before disappearing into yet more cryomantic mist. The first of which was dodged, Ishtar teleporting away and after her twisted doppelganger; only to reappear in the path of the second; and so she found herself forced to slap it away. Though not without losing the arm to the wrist ... and knowing how Hakai worked, the initial damage would not be enough. It would continue on until the whole of her was gone.

Damn it all ...

So as the Goddess of Ruination hid, Ishtar firmly gripped the disintegrating limb, and with a mighty yank ... "AHHHH--!", the burgeoning Goddess tore it off.

"..."

Ichor -- more Alter than her own -- staining the soil of a foreign world, shards of a shattered moon still raining down from above: Ishtar knew then, as she discarded the disintegrating limb, that this could not last much longer. Though at the moment she also could not track her doppelganger. Meaning what means she had that might end this ... would need to be less focused and cover a large area.

So Ishtar inhaled.

"..."

Exhaled.

"..."

And raising her foot uttered two words, only to bring her foot down with enough force to split the world beneath her.

"Ahûm-Jaidhi."

Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

A mess has been made.
    Praxat spots the mess." Oh, great not only do they take several of my blueprints, but they made mess. Now I'm going to have to clean this up. I can't stand working in a messy environment. Damn intruder not having the courtesy of cleaning up after themselves, That's just rude, lucky I have my cleaning tools, Praxat said.

Being the neat freak she is Praxat puts her work on hold to clean up the mess the intruder made. " I always say that a good work place is a clean one. It's very important to maintain good hygiene, and to be organized," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

“No.”

He shakes his head.

“I refuse. The me that wants this....he’s desperate to stop the Doctor. But this....no, once something like this is made it can never truly be unmade. It’s dangerous.”
    "Then the solution is a simple one," Blizzar noted, folding his arms. "Destroy these plans. Here and now. Let them be nothing but a memory from the darkest depths of a desperate mind."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Then the solution is a simple one," Blizzar noted, folding his arms. "Destroy these plans. Here and now. Let them be nothing but a memory from the darkest depths of a desperate mind."
    He pauses, then nods.

He puts the journal down, then the three datapads he has been working on. He lifts them up, and without hesitation throws them all in a small trash can he pops out of a capsule. He pulls out a lighter and then proceeds to burn the items to slag.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat spots the mess." Oh, great not only do they take several of my blueprints, but they made mess. Now I'm going to have to clean this up. I can't stand working in a messy environment. Damn intruder not having the courtesy of cleaning up after themselves, That's just rude, lucky I have my cleaning tools, Praxat said.

Being the neat freak she is Praxat puts her work on hold to clean up the mess the intruder made. " I always say that a good work place is a clean one. It's very important to maintain good hygiene, and to be organized," Praxat said.
    Praxat, the mess is worse than you thought. You see papers and blueprints all over, plus it appears water has been spilled over several documents in the intruders haste.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Clone or not, of the Ruined God. It was strong ... yet for all of it the talk and what Ishtar herself knew deep down as true, she at the least drew blood; which meant beyond all things ... that when she fell, the others would perhaps do better.

Though it seemed the 'gloves' were off, truly; as her counterpart offered two orbs of Hakai, before disappearing into yet more cryomantic mist. The first of which was dodged, Ishtar teleporting away and after her twisted doppelganger; only to reappear in the path of the second; and so she found herself forced to slap it away. Though not without losing the arm to the wrist ... and knowing how Hakai worked, the initial damage would not be enough. It would continue on until the whole of her was gone.

Damn it all ...

So as the Goddess of Ruination hid, Ishtar firmly gripped the disintegrating limb, and with a mighty yank ... "AHHHH--!", the burgeoning Goddess tore it off.

"..."

Ichor -- more Alter than her own -- staining the soil of a foreign world, shards of a shattered moon still raining down from above: Ishtar knew then, as she discarded the disintegrating limb, that this could not last much longer. Though at the moment she also could not track her doppelganger. Meaning what means she had that might end this ... would need to be less focused and cover a large area.

So Ishtar inhaled.

"..."

Exhaled.

"..."

And raising her foot uttered two words, only to bring her foot down with enough force to split the world beneath her.

"Ahûm-Jaidhi."

OT:

Huh.

Didn’t expect that.

IC:

Emerging from under Ishtar in a swirl of mist, claws just starting to form another Hakai orb to slam into Ishtar’s chest, the Ruination Goddess has just enough time to widen her eyes as Ishtar’s foot slams into the ground.

Almost right on top of her.

Power shreds the mist form as the world shatters beneath the Oni’s blue feet, the explosion obliterating everything around.

When devastation stops, when silence reigns once more, Ishtar is alone on a shattered remnant of a world. She felt the simulacrum of her alternate die, a slight tremor that only a fellow Oni could feel at the passing of another Oni.

And so Ishtar stands, alone, injured, but alive and victorious. Like Zurvan has said, the goddess might have been more powerful, but Ishtar was stronger. Determination and will vs lust and cruelty.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

He pauses, then nods.

He puts the journal down, then the three datapads he has been working on. He lifts them up, and without hesitation throws them all in a small trash can he pops out of a capsule. He pulls out a lighter and then proceeds to burn the items to slag.
    Blizzar could breathe a sigh of relief. That was one potential doomsday device gone before it had a chance to wreak havoc. Well...perhaps. Blizzar had no doubt that every minute detail of the device had been imprinted on Jinzi's memory, but he has hope that the scientist would have the fortitude never to draw upon it.

"With that out of the way, I would like to discuss matters of security, if you can spare the time," Blizzar stated.