Page 48 of 169 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 706 to 720 of 2532
  1. #706
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar could breathe a sigh of relief. That was one potential doomsday device gone before it had a chance to wreak havoc. Well...perhaps. Blizzar had no doubt that every minute detail of the device had been imprinted on Jinzi's memory, but he has hope that the scientist would have the fortitude never to draw upon it.

    "With that out of the way, I would like to discuss matters of security, if you can spare the time," Blizzar stated.
    He nods.

    “How can I help?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  2. #707
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A sickly line of yellow green energy rips open before her. Itís about ten feet tall and one foot wide. Not wide enough to get through, but a start.
    With a growl, Etrina jams her magic infused hands into the crack between world and begins to apply even more force to the breach. In the background she can hear someone asking what she was doing....but it was so faint in her ears over the drumming sound in her head it was hardly worth taking notice of.

    Her form, now fully transformed and burning with void energy, continued to creep higher and higher in power as she attempted to tear the fabric of space apart with her bare hands.

  3. #708
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    With a growl, Etrina jams her magic infused hands into the crack between world and begins to apply even more force to the breach. In the background she can hear someone asking what she was doing....but it was so faint in her ears over the drumming sound in her head it was hardly worth taking notice of.

    Her form, now fully transformed and burning with void energy, continued to creep higher and higher in power as she attempted to tear the fabric of space apart with her bare hands.
    It was at that moment that Cyanna teleports nearby. The sight made her gasp, then hesitate before moving towards Etrina, her Magicte staff held tightly in her hand.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #709
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    He nods.

    “How can I help?”
    "I was wondering what kind of security is in place at Capsule Corp before we head towards our presumably final mission," the lieutenant spoke, scratching his chin. "There's always a chance that the Doctor may decide to endanger our timeline whilst we're away. And you never can be too careful."

  5. #710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Praxat, the mess is worse than you thought. You see papers and blueprints all over, plus it appears water has been spilled over several documents in the intruders haste.
    It takes Praxat long awhile to clean up the mess and organized the papers and blueprints in her lab." Okay everything is now clean and in order. Damn that intruder for causing such a mess. Worse of all several of my documents are soak with water, so I'm going to have to read them and make extra copies," Praxat said.

    Praxat reads several documents that have water on them, and then gets on her computer to make copies of the documents." After this I'm going to have to check Capsule Corp's security system, and then I have to get back to my work," Praxat said.

    Praxat while typing up copies of her documents multitasks and uses her tongue to grab a one of her cleaning tools a UV flashlight, and uses it to check for fingerprints.

  6. #711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    ďThe design......her father had it made. Special. One of a kind. To protect her from...everything. I am...fearful of opening it incorrectly. Cryo-sleep.....is dangerous if not reversed properly. I well....know.Ē

    He looks over at Adam and Gero.

    ďI would prefere....Jinzi alone in this....But I cannot.......exclude their brilliance. I will take....offered help.Ē
    As he monitored the underground chamber, Ochazuke's response to Wilhelm was delayed. I cannot exclude their brilliance. I will take offered help. Within the crooks of his folded arms, calloused fingers started to squeeze.

    How long had Wilhelm been waiting? The last legacy of Terra's royalty had lay in front of him for years, and yet he felt an inhibition from calling upon her in the dark times he had suffered. Yet he knew it was not his place to rupture her stilled dream.

    Facing away from him briefly, Ochazuke's facade darkened, the colour briefly drained from his face, and his head lowered. At first it was as if he had let it fall into a nod, but for the cold shiver that fell upon him.

    For a moment the thoughts fell away in a haze lifted from the heat of monsoon rain. Even now, he could almost feel her lifeless hand, pressed burning cold against the scar over his chest.

    Marked of a single Tiger's stripe, an intimate reminder that charity could concealed within it ambition, and proffered help used as a means to an end.

    "...perhaps it is the pursuit in of itself that yields a view of things yet unseen." Yet having been one to draw out the worst for the sake of vain insistence, Banner's fixation left him wary.

    Ochazuke, your senses penetrate the entire geofront.

    There are hidden labs and weapons all around, so mundane and some incredibly powerful. Supply caches, housing, everything needed to defend and protect and shelter the city above if needed.

    There is nothing negative drawn to the tube, no direct danger from anyone or anything. Gero does have an aura of....directed fascination. Again, that less than Ďdoing this because itís right and goodí attitude. She intends on getting something from this.

    Adam hides nothing he didnít sense before. Wilhelm, calm and controlled though worried. No artiface in him.

    However, his senses do...sense something: the tube wonít open to the nanites. No, he can sense now a pattern to the tube. A hand here, a finger trace there, the entire outer shell is actually a touch pad like on a phone. Patterns, lines needed to be drawn in exact patterns to open it.
    It was with this dour view shading his view with skepticism that led him to turn his eye over these matters once more. The increased depth of his examination, standing nestled within the source of the planet's genius loci and beneath the world of the sublime between the tethered, spiritual roots granted him the shape of structures...and of intent. Wilhelm's was measured, hardened with experience; Adam stood as it was, an instrument with a clear purpose; Char Banner Gero's hands guided a tool, her eyes almost unblinking in pursuit of her result.

    In a word, nothing new.

    Nothing, save that the innermost secret of the thing had been integrated upon its surface, and not the shattered side the tens of thousands of slithering particulate machines sought to encroach. Ochazuke's eyes widened, and he swiftly stole himself to the side of the Cryo-Tube behind Gero.

    "Stop the test. Now!"

  7. #712
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As he monitored the underground chamber, Ochazuke's response to Wilhelm was delayed. I cannot exclude their brilliance. I will take offered help. Within the crooks of his folded arms, calloused fingers started to squeeze.

    How long had Wilhelm been waiting? The last legacy of Terra's royalty had lay in front of him for years, and yet he felt an inhibition from calling upon her in the dark times he had suffered. Yet he knew it was not his place to rupture her stilled dream.

    Facing away from him briefly, Ochazuke's facade darkened, the colour briefly drained from his face, and his head lowered. At first it was as if he had let it fall into a nod, but for the cold shiver that fell upon him.

    For a moment the thoughts fell away in a haze lifted from the heat of monsoon rain. Even now, he could almost feel her lifeless hand, pressed burning cold against the scar over his chest.

    Marked of a single Tiger's stripe, an intimate reminder that charity could concealed within it ambition, and proffered help used as a means to an end.

    "...perhaps it is the pursuit in of itself that yields a view of things yet unseen." Yet having been one to draw out the worst for the sake of vain insistence, Banner's fixation left him wary.



    It was with this dour view shading his view with skepticism that led him to turn his eye over these matters once more. The increased depth of his examination, standing nestled within the source of the planet's genius loci and beneath the world of the sublime between the tethered, spiritual roots granted him the shape of structures...and of intent. Wilhelm's was measured, hardened with experience; Adam stood as it was, an instrument with a clear purpose; Char Banner Gero's hands guided a tool, her eyes almost unblinking in pursuit of her result.

    In a word, nothing new.

    Nothing, save that the innermost secret of the thing had been integrated upon its surface, and not the shattered side the tens of thousands of slithering particulate machines sought to encroach. Ochazuke's eyes widened, and he swiftly stole himself to the side of the Cryo-Tube behind Gero.

    "Stop the test. Now!"
    Her hand freezes an inch from proceeding with injecting the nanites in.

    Wilhelm walks up, concerned, but with faith Ochazuke knew what he was doing.

    “What...is it?”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #713
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "I was wondering what kind of security is in place at Capsule Corp before we head towards our presumably final mission," the lieutenant spoke, scratching his chin. "There's always a chance that the Doctor may decide to endanger our timeline whilst we're away. And you never can be too careful."

    “CC proper is half ruined thanks to Sheriff Zaofan. The geofront however is highly shielded and armed.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #714
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    It takes Praxat long awhile to clean up the mess and organized the papers and blueprints in her lab." Okay everything is now clean and in order. Damn that intruder for causing such a mess. Worse of all several of my documents are soak with water, so I'm going to have to read them and make extra copies," Praxat said.

    Praxat reads several documents that have water on them, and then gets on her computer to make copies of the documents." After this I'm going to have to check Capsule Corp's security system, and then I have to get back to my work," Praxat said.

    Praxat while typing up copies of her documents multitasks and uses her tongue to grab a one of her cleaning tools a UV flashlight, and uses it to check for fingerprints.
    She finds three fingered claw/finger marks everywhere.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #715
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Etrina, once Cyanna walks forward her staff glows and adds its light to your pull. Suddenly, your wrenching works and the narrow gap tears open.

    A sundered world lays before, and in the distance, Ishtarís energy can be sensed inside it.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #716
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,655

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďCC proper is half ruined thanks to Sheriff Zaofan. The geofront however is highly shielded and armed.Ē
    Blizzar nodded, snapping his fingers as two GP drones swooped down and ejected a data-pad into his hands. "I'll have the global defense system upgraded in case something breaches the atmosphere again," the lieutenant replied, jotting down notes. "I can have a GP maintenance crew assist in speeding up the construction process, so you won't have to rely solely on the Geofront. Depending on who stays behind I may place some officers around the Lookout as well."

    Blizzar figured that should be sufficient enough, defense wise. While the Commisioner had placed him in charge of ensuring Jinzi's security, he still had intended on going on this final time venture, himself. It's the sort of thing one has to see through to the end, after all.

    "I can begin preparations for the repairs immediately. Is there anyone at Capsule Corp I should be speaking to, regarding the arrangements?" he asked.

  12. #717
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    8,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar nodded, snapping his fingers as two GP drones swooped down and ejected a data-pad into his hands. "I'll have the global defense system upgraded in case something breaches the atmosphere again," the lieutenant replied, jotting down notes. "I can have a GP maintenance crew assist in speeding up the construction process, so you won't have to rely solely on the Geofront. Depending on who stays behind I may place some officers around the Lookout as well."

    Blizzar figured that should be sufficient enough, defense wise. While the Commisioner had placed him in charge of ensuring Jinzi's security, he still had intended on going on this final time venture, himself. It's the sort of thing one has to see through to the end, after all.

    "I can begin preparations for the repairs immediately. Is there anyone at Capsule Corp I should be speaking to, regarding the arrangements?" he asked.
    “Ahh, either Adam or Dr. Char Banner Gero. Those two are essentially in charge when I’m not there.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She finds three fingered claw/finger marks everywhere.
    " Hmm Okay I can rule out the intruder being human, and it can't be another Toadian since Qaztoh is at the Lookout and I'm not sure where Althena is at the moment. Unless it's one from alternate timeline working with the Doctor, wait that's nonsense. There's no way a Toadian from alternate timeline could be here?" Praxat said.

    Praxat checks the fingered claw / finger marks." Hmm, but the only creature that could make close to three finger marks is another Toadian, but Toadians only have claws on their feet, well in this timeline at least. The only thing I can think of that can make these type of marks is a bird type creature. Better not be a bird type creature, birds terrify me, Praxat said.

    Praxat finishes make copies of her documents that were drenched in water." There it's done I'm finish typing up the copies of my documents that got drench in water. Now to check Capsule Corp's security system," Praxat said.

    Praxat takes a bunch of her equipment and goes to check Capsule Corp's security system.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 06-29-2019 at 11:09 AM.

  14. #719
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,012

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Etrina, once Cyanna walks forward her staff glows and adds its light to your pull. Suddenly, your wrenching works and the narrow gap tears open.
    As she approached, Cyanna noticed her staff reacting to whatever it was that Etrina was trying to do. Directing it towards the opening, she allowed the light magic to beam out of the staff. As it hit the opening, it seemed like it was the final straw that tore the opening wide.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A sundered world lays before, and in the distance, Ishtar’s energy can be sensed inside it.
    Realizing what was in there, she now understood what Etrina was trying to do.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #720
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Etrina, once Cyanna walks forward her staff glows and adds its light to your pull. Suddenly, your wrenching works and the narrow gap tears open.

    A sundered world lays before, and in the distance, Ishtar’s energy can be sensed inside it.
    So, that was what Etrina was trying to do – rip open a portal to the planet where Ishtar was fighting. It took an incidental bit of help from Cyanna to make the hope wide enough, but just opening one by screaming was impressive enough.

    Parsley stepped past Etrina and into the unknown world. The planet was devastated, undoubtedly due to the collosal clash between goddess.

    It was also quiet. Ishtar's energy was the only one she felt. Still, Parsley took nothing to chance and advanced cautiously. Her Super Saiyan power would let Ishtar know she was there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •