Page 5 of 294 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Nail nods.

“I am no eternal dragon, unable to reach beyond this place or make that which I do not know. However, if it would guarantee or further safety, I would offer one of three boons: Direct technique transfer of one of our sacred techniques to one of you. A power boost to two of you. Or an artifact that may aid you on your way. Knowledge, power, or wisdom? I can only perform the spell once to outsiders.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When the voice of the tournament's freshly laureled champion voiced his sentiments, Ochazuke turned and glanced behind him.

"How gracious," leaning his head foward, his dark eyes fell upon Charco; for a brief moment a cutting flash seemed fill them, fading swiftly as it came under a short nod. "Well said."

Returning to their host, he continued with a question of his own.

"Doubtless you've seen many years in your life. The generations of your clan, your children, your grand-children, they have lived, perhaps undisturbed among such pristine peace," he said, and exchanged a knowing glance with Pike. If this boon could have saved returned his son, it would have. "To preserve it, what would you be willing to do?"
    Ochazuke...

Truth be told, if there was any human worthy of his undying hatred and respect during these times, it was this man. His takeover of Charco would have been all but assured at this point had it not been for Ochazuke's and Eva's guidance and support. Still... the thought of facing him in battle made his blood boil more than a Saiyan's, almost as much as it had when he had faced Bonfi, as much as it disgusted him to admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Nail nods.

“I am no eternal dragon, unable to reach beyond this place or make that which I do not know. However, if it would guarantee or further safety, I would offer one of three boons: Direct technique transfer of one of our sacred techniques to one of you. A power boost to two of you. Or an artifact that may aid you on your way. Knowledge, power, or wisdom? I can only perform the spell once to outsiders.”
    A cackle came from the boy as he turned, hearing what their options were.

"So one or two of our numbers are rewarded for the efforts of a group? How pointless."

One one hand, he was interested in what power boost a mere Namekian could offer to the Strongest, yet at the same time, he had no desire to try and convince the others that it was rightfully his without resorting to brute force.

"Clearly, the only rational option is the artifact."

Nail nods.

Praxat thinks of the options , ( Okay we can go with the obvious choice of a power boost, but I think it's better that we choose one of their techniques , knowledge or wisdom over power. We are going up against the Doctor so we need knowledge or wisdom on our side , so the best option would be the artifact. Hmm looks like Charco thought the same thing I did, that the best option is the artifact, ) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 05-11-2019 at 09:20 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    His would-be hunter was persistent, he'd give them that. Following him to another realm and timeline just to stalk him.

Perhaps he should greet them, if only to end this pointless chase. Turning from the group, Charco took a few steps away.
    "Charco" is no more then a few steps out when the wind blows over him....the grass around him swaying in the breeze. An aura of intense bloodlust falls over him, the wind stops.....all sound fades away amiss the heightened dread of the predators approach. Then, without warning the grass parted and something rolled its way out.

The baby id lands on all fours, scampers up to the feet of "charco" and lets out a low pitched "Gao"

Rex would recognize it as a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Charco" is no more then a few steps out when the wind blows over him....the grass around him swaying in the breeze. An aura of intense bloodlust falls over him, the wind stops.....all sound fades away amiss the heightened dread of the predators approach. Then, without warning the grass parted and something rolled its way out.

The baby id lands on all fours, scampers up to the feet of "charco" and lets out a low pitched "Gao"

Rex would recognize it as a challenge.
    "..."

There comes a time in someone's life, even for someone as ancient as Rex, when one contemplates the choices they made that brought them to their very most current moment. While the dinosaur had only one regret of not wording his wish on the Dragonballs properly, discovering that an infant had been stalking him like prey made him question himself, if only for a moment. Uncertain whether to feel insulted or admire the sheer bravery from the baby, he was speechless for quite some time.

He was the Strongest, who backed down from no challenge, and he initially intended to do just that; however, even he knew just how much of a... social faux pas fighting a baby would be. One could see the mental gears in his head lock up from friction and grind against each other as he sought the best option in his situation.

How dare you...

The infant Erosa could read the words on his lips as he mouthed it out in the same fashion one would hiss a curse to an embittered foe. His jaw clenched as he knew he could easily bite her head off with little effort, yet...

"How did you get here?" "Charco" "innocently" asked as he went to pick up the child, keeping his arms fully extended the entire time he was in contact, all the while suppressing the urge to punt her like a football.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "One with greater ambitions, for the people, ought to have a broader view beyond fickle appetites," he muttered. "If food from folk who have no knowledge of it is sufficient, it is a matter doomed to fail. Besides, our path is dependent on our ability to continue moving forward."
    "The people..." Sasheem sneered, spitting on the ground. "Hey you know what the people are, "brother"? They're hungry," Sasheem stated, quickly deciding upon the flavor of bullshit he was about to spew. "Maybe you and all your vast yet short-sighted wisdom would gloss over that, but not Sasheem. He puts others aheadofhimself..." the Majin turned away quickly, barely able to contain his laughter at his own response. He disguised it as a particularly obnoxious cough that lasted a minute as the elder Namekian further expounded upon the gift he was able to bestow.

Nail nods.

"Hey here's an idea, old timer..." Sasheem addressed the Elder, an individual he was undoubtedly older than. "Can't help but notice Spike there is a master of magic, some kinda **** like that. Any of your boons or or your artifacts or whatever assist in the defense of magic? Y'know, portal...sealing spells. Sorta thing we'd need to use to keep your planet safe."

Retired Overlord

"..."

There comes a time in someone's life, even for someone as ancient as Rex, when one contemplates the choices they made that brought them to their very most current moment. While the dinosaur had only one regret of not wording his wish on the Dragonballs properly, discovering that an infant had been stalking him like prey made him question himself, if only for a moment. Uncertain whether to feel insulted or admire the sheer bravery from the baby, he was speechless for quite some time.

He was the Strongest, who backed down from no challenge, and he initially intended to do just that; however, even he knew just how much of a... social faux pas fighting a baby would be. One could see the mental gears in his head lock up from friction and grind against each other as he sought the best option in his situation.

How dare you...

The infant Erosa could read the words on his lips as he mouthed it out in the same fashion one would hiss a curse to an embittered foe. His jaw clenched as he knew he could easily bite her head off with little effort, yet...

"How did you get here?" "Charco" "innocently" asked as he went to pick up the child, keeping his arms fully extended the entire time he was in contact, all the while suppressing the urge to punt her like a football.
    "Gao." Baby Erosa responded. "Gaogao."

The id looked up as Rex approached, big red and unblinking eyes studying his actions. She read his lips, but it was impossible to tell if she understood or cared....even the intimidating aura he attempted to cast did nothing to shrink the baby from back from him. No, Baby Erosa simply looked up as he approached and reached out to pick her up.

As his hands approached, the most adorable look of absolute smugness grew on the child face. She smiled, and her full array of teeth went on display only a moment before they were put to use....

*snap*

Like a bear trap with a hair trigger, the Id snapped her mouth shut on "Charcos" right hand.

Ochazuke...

Truth be told, if there was any human worthy of his undying hatred and respect during these times, it was this man. His takeover of Charco would have been all but assured at this point had it not been for Ochazuke's and Eva's guidance and support. Still... the thought of facing him in battle made his blood boil more than a Saiyan's, almost as much as it had when he had faced Bonfi, as much as it disgusted him to admit.

"So one or two of our numbers are rewarded for the efforts of a group? How pointless."

One one hand, he was interested in what power boost a mere Namekian could offer to the Strongest, yet at the same time, he had no desire to try and convince the others that it was rightfully his without resorting to brute force.

Nodding sagely, "Uh huh, yep, the artifact does seem like the smartest choice." Cyanna smiled proudly at Charco, "You are very wise, Charco."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

" I suggest we go for a artifact of either knowledge or wisdom . By the way Elder Nail your planet's water is remarkable. It's the cleanest water I had in a long time ," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Nail nods.

Aleka didn't have an animal in this hunt for items, she had come merely as a matter of course to pull her weight while she was active here. Most, if not all these would help her in her long term goals though the issue would be they would be limited in which ones could get it. How would they then determine which got which in that case? She was perfectly fine with letting it pass by her being the new kid in town trying to get a foot hold but others? She wasn't sure, at least with Sasheem acting up again she wasn't sure about the others save for the fact artifacts being brought up as the sane choice.

"If I'm going to add my two cents, I would say artifact."

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "The people..." Sasheem sneered, spitting on the ground. "Hey you know what the people are, "brother"? They're hungry," Sasheem stated, quickly deciding upon the flavor of bullshit he was about to spew. "Maybe you and all your vast yet short-sighted wisdom would gloss over that, but not Sasheem. He puts others aheadofhimself..." the Majin turned away quickly, barely able to contain his laughter at his own response. He disguised it as a particularly obnoxious cough that lasted a minute as the elder Namekian further expounded upon the gift he was able to bestow.
    The Majin was being difficult.

For most people, the first response would of been a sharp quip or a sarcastic response which was understandable. To Aleka, however, it was a matter of knowing which tool of conversation to use on which person. A gentle verbal nudge may work on someone else, while someone else required a more blunt edge. You didn't bring screw driver to hammer and you didn't use a hammer gently place things back together. From what little she knew of Sasheem food and his stomach were among his first priorities. If it interred with his stomach then he wasn't interested.

Probably the reason he had mysteriously vanished for a while after mentioning how eating her kind would put them on the toilet.

"If you go for donuts sized planet rings that size in space, you'll get infrared radiation on it. You might be able to eat it but not the Namekians and even if you don't care for that, who knows what it'll do your stomach. Might wanna let that one go."

That hopefully would get them to drop it, otherwise it was easy to tell Sasheem was full of crap. It wasn't important though, as she learned long ago that getting angry at every little thing didn't lead to much and it was more productive to use other tools then just reacting because that was how life and people would play you.

Besides, it was better then having some back and forth as guest in people's turf.

Sasheem last request was..surprisingly reasonable in light of what she knew? Didn't completely trust the motives but it was a step in the right direction.
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 05-12-2019 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The Majin was being difficult.

For most people, the first response would of been a sharp quip or a sarcastic response which was understandable. To Aleka, however, it was a matter of knowing which tool of conversation to use on which person. A gentle verbal nudge may work on someone else, while someone else required a more blunt edge. You didn't bring screw driver to hammer and you didn't use a hammer gently place things back together. From what little she knew of Sasheem food and his stomach were among his first priorities. If it interred with his stomach then he wasn't interested.

Probably the reason he had mysteriously vanished for a while after mentioning how eating her kind would put them on the toilet.

"If you go for donuts sized planet rings that size in space, you'll get infrared radiation on it. You might be able to eat it but not the Namekians and even if you don't care for that, who knows what it'll do your stomach. Might wanna let that one go."

That hopefully would get them to drop it, otherwise it was easy to tell Sasheem was full of crap. It wasn't important though, as she learned long ago that getting angry at every little thing didn't lead to much and it was more productive to use other tools then just reacting because that was how life and people would play you.

Besides, it was better then having some back and forth as guest in people's turf.

Sasheem last request was..surprisingly reasonable in light of what she knew? Didn't completely trust the motives but it was a step in the right direction.
    Sasheem looked up at the rabbit-woman. "Who cares if they can eat it, Sasheem's bringin' it back home....somehow. Toss it around the Earth maybe. That way, everytime he leaves the planet he can just get a little bite in," the Majin shrugged, clearly, clearly having thought this through entirely. And as for her second concern...

"Sasheem's pretty sure half the **** he eats in space is irradiated," he snorted. "So, butt outta Sasheem's business, Rump Roast!"

When Parsley and Sarada entered the kitchen, Totoma was busy gorging himself on pies graciously provided by Erosa... or, uh, one of the Erosas. He had been skeptical at first, but wouldn't you know it, these were some pretty damn good pies! So good, in fact, that he almost didn't notice the Saiya-sisters entrance.

Almost. Turning to face them, he gave them both a wave.

Oh... wait, he remembered catching sight of Sarada going Super Saiyan during her match with, uh... that oddly familiar guy. Haha, he told her it wouldn't take long, and he was right! Approaching her, Totoma held out his fist for a bump.

"Congrats on the gold, Sarada," he said... or tried to say, but the pie made it come out as something completely unintelligible. Blinking, he held up his finger to signal to 'wait a moment', grabbed his drink, and washed down the remaining pie.

"...er, yeah, sorry. Hey, congrats on ascending," he said, grinning. "Told ya' it wouldn't take long."
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post

Sasheem looked up at the rabbit-woman. "Who cares if they can eat it, Sasheem's bringin' it back home....somehow. Toss it around the Earth maybe. That way, everytime he leaves the planet he can just get a little bite in," the Majin shrugged, clearly, clearly having thought this through entirely. And as for her second concern...

"Sasheem's pretty sure half the **** he eats in space is irradiated," he snorted. "So, butt outta Sasheem's business, Rump Roast!"
    "The refuse of space would satisfy you," Ochazuke said. "If such vile issue would spread unchecked your face has proven to be the best place for it."

Aleka's gentle reasoning seemed to press the Majin's true intentions from him. His own words doubled back on themselves in a swift sequence.

"It seems you've found boon enough in realizing this. Be satisfied while there is time enough to see it."

Nail nods.

Returning to the more immediate matter, the Elder's Boon seemed set upon three paths of virtue, and though the offer was made generously enough, it was ultimately limited. The crafting of a wish was a Namekian one...but we don't have time.

Rather than immediately accepting one of the offers, he sought clarification. Lifting the portion of the Time Nexus held in his hand, Ochazuke looked to Elder Nail.

"Your son knows what this is. This is the cause of his disappearance. This world, ours as well, others have been afflicted by the source of it." The flux of time moved forward in an unceasing course. The Doctor suspended its moments into shards he would wield as a weapon. "We've come here to ensure this never happens again, but as much as we shall fight for this, it is not a battle that will be decided by power or a store of sacred knowledge if neither can be meaningfully applied."

When Charco next spoke, his words plunged into the matter with a certain directness. So forceful it was, it seemed to have formed a consensus among the group. However, the desire for a prize of some sort that fell upon them seemed to alter the fundamental question of it all.

"...what does your artifact do, Elder?"

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    When Parsley and Sarada entered the kitchen, Totoma was busy gorging himself on pies graciously provided by Erosa... or, uh, one of the Erosas. He had been skeptical at first, but wouldn't you know it, these were some pretty damn good pies! So good, in fact, that he almost didn't notice the Saiya-sisters entrance.

Almost. Turning to face them, he gave them both a wave.

Oh... wait, he remembered catching sight of Sarada going Super Saiyan during her match with, uh... that oddly familiar guy. Haha, he told her it wouldn't take long, and he was right! Approaching her, Totoma held out his fist for a bump.

"Congrats on the gold, Sarada," he said... or tried to say, but the pie made it come out as something completely unintelligible. Blinking, he held up his finger to signal to 'wait a moment', grabbed his drink, and washed down the remaining pie.

"...er, yeah, sorry. Hey, congrats on ascending," he said, grinning. "Told ya' it wouldn't take long."
    Sarada extended her fist to bump Totoma's. "Thanks. And speaking of, there's something you two need to know." She glanced at Totoma. "I fought your alternate at the tournament, then talked to him afterwards. He can transform also, and told me how and how to make the transformation stronger. He said first and foremost, the transformation happens because of a need, not a desire. It'll happen when you need to survive, at least initially. Then, he said that he learned to trigger it consciously by remember what led to his initial transformation to begin with. Eventually, we'll be able to transform by 'remembering' what it felt like to transform, then digging deep."

Parsley committed the words to memory. She recalled trying that before with Avoca and failing, but that wasn't a need back then. She figured some repetition was in order.

"Now," Sarada continued, "Super Saiyan isn't as draining as Oozaru or Hitozaru, but it still drains pretty quickly. It also makes Saiyans very aggressive and restless. Once we learn how to trigger it at will, he suggested we keep the form active as long as we can. I say we train, eat, sleep, do everything we normally do in Super Saiyan form until it becomes second nature. That will lessen the stamina drain, and hopefully make the form stronger. I'm sure it will, because he has a form beyond Super Saiyan."

"Beyond?"

"Yeah. It looked much the same, except his hair was more defined and his aura had lighting around it. So, that's it. Now we know what we gotta do to make this live up to the Vocado."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Nodding sagely, "Uh huh, yep, the artifact does seem like the smartest choice." Cyanna smiled proudly at Charco, "You are very wise, Charco."
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gao." Baby Erosa responded. "Gaogao."

The id looked up as Rex approached, big red and unblinking eyes studying his actions. She read his lips, but it was impossible to tell if she understood or cared....even the intimidating aura he attempted to cast did nothing to shrink the baby from back from him. No, Baby Erosa simply looked up as he approached and reached out to pick her up.

As his hands approached, the most adorable look of absolute smugness grew on the child face. She smiled, and her full array of teeth went on display only a moment before they were put to use....

*snap*

Like a bear trap with a hair trigger, the Id snapped her mouth shut on "Charcos" right hand.
    At that moment, it was hard to feel wise when a baby had just bit him.

While Rex had little interest in the biology of humans save for how to transmute them into a vessel for a more superior dinosaur, he could have sworn he felt the baby's jaw lock... a feature he was certain that humans did not have. Then again, she was comprised of just as much magic as the others of her kin.

Baby Erosa would find "Charco"'s figures changing in her maw, the soft flesh of human digits quickly becoming scaly talons that would threaten to tear the insides of her mouth apart if she held on much longer.