Page 53 of 212 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 795 of 3176
  1. #781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďOnly...one thing. Saw her....go there once. Said it was...a private lab.Ē


    Wilhelm takes him into another hallway and down into a series of turns and other rooms until they reach a more secure and hidden lab. Apparently one only Gero, and Jinzi, would have access to.

    Except Jinziís codes donít work. Wilhelm then pulls out a strange device, taps a few buttons, and then the door opens.

    ďTerran...skeleton key.Ē He smiles and gestures to the room.

    Inside is a small research and development area, with a computer on a messy desk covered with blueprints and schematics.
    As they moved along the facility deep at the heart of the Geofront, Ochazuke kept stock of the presences within it. Blizzar, and the members of the GP Squadron, Adam, and Gero herself, acutely tracking their location as he followed Wilhelm to the inner chamber. Nestled within the nerve centre of Capsule Corp was something concealed; even from Pantaloon himself.

    Fortunately, Wilhelm was ever resourceful.

    "We'll have to be quick," Ochazuke said, moving in and surveying the room for any stirring within the room - and any sources of energy - as he crossed the way to the disheveled workstation. His eyes narrowed for a moment as the fearful symmetry to what they had seen in the darkness of the doomed earth briefly flit within his thoughts. This is not their world. The faces are familiar, but the shape of the future was a divergence. But a path splintered from what point?

    Starting at the top, Ochazuke started reading through the most recently laid documents on the heap. "I don't suppose you can access the computer?"

  2. #782
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    "Think nothing of it," said Nevanlinna. "I would have arrived to assist sooner, but clearing that mist Ishtar's alternate created took significant time and effort. Better to finish the task than leave it half-done and risk it restoring itself. That was probably a better use of my abilities than joining the fray..." There was a tinge of... bitterness in that last part.

    She sighed and reached down to her waist, unhooking a satchel from her belt. Opening it, an assortment of fruits were revealed. Laying it out before Sarada, she motioned, inviting her to eat. "These are fruits grown inside Vaikuntha. You'll find that their sweetness and juiciness is quite unrivaled... please, by all means, enjoy yourself."
    "Hey, some of us are just better suited to a support role. It doesn't make you any less valuable," Sarada replied. "It makes you more valuable, if anything. People who can kick ass are a dime a dozen, but people who can do what you can are more rare."

    That was Sarada's best efforts. Helped that it was the truth. She took some of the fruit and bit into it. She wasn't much of a fruit person. It didn't help that they had the same names as those damned Tuffles.

    It was sweet, and far juicier and ripe than any fruit on Vocado or any of their farming planets. "Holy shit this is delicious!"

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi pauses and nods.

    ďYes, she does contract work for me, sort of. We met about five years ago and help each other out. She just finished upgrading Adam and has been assisting my research into Karisí cryogenic-tube. Why?Ē
    Sarada tone and gaze darkened. "In another timeline, she created a monster. An Frost Demon named Incenio. She cloned him and herself and literally ripped out body parts from different people to steal their racial traits. If this Gero is even a little bit like that one, you need to kill her and see fire to her labs, immediately."

  3. #783

    Default

    In his quarters aboard the Black Diamond Sonata is having a chat with sharply dress skeleton holding what appears to be a revolver." You know Earth is probably going to be surrounding by GP officers. So how do you tend to get past GP's defenses, we can't just barrage past them Sonata," the skeleton said.



    " I know that I'm not an idiot Zoul!" Sonata said.

    " So I guess that means you have a plan right? " Zoul said.

    " I course there is and it involves impersonating my twin brother Earl," Sonata said.

    " Huh you really think that's going to work ?" you already pull that stunt what makes you think it's going to work a second time?" Zoul said.

    " Because this time it's going to be different. This time I and my nerdy twin brother Earl are going to switch places!" Sonata said.

    " Switch places with your brother huh? Well I guess that sounds like a plan, but there's one slight problem. You may look Identical to your brother, but you certainly don't act like him, and the GP would pick up on that," Zoul said.

    " Relax Zoul my plan is going to F#$king work trust me. We both know, that I know my F#$king brother like the back of my hand. I just need to get into the role. Of course for this plan to work I need excellent sniper, luckily I have one at my disposal," Sonata said.

    " Ah, so I'm to play a part in this plan of yours? Well that's fine by me Sonata, after all I am your specter," Zoul said.

  4. #784
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    As they moved along the facility deep at the heart of the Geofront, Ochazuke kept stock of the presences within it. Blizzar, and the members of the GP Squadron, Adam, and Gero herself, acutely tracking their location as he followed Wilhelm to the inner chamber. Nestled within the nerve centre of Capsule Corp was something concealed; even from Pantaloon himself.

    Fortunately, Wilhelm was ever resourceful.

    "We'll have to be quick," Ochazuke said, moving in and surveying the room for any stirring within the room - and any sources of energy - as he crossed the way to the disheveled workstation. His eyes narrowed for a moment as the fearful symmetry to what they had seen in the darkness of the doomed earth briefly flit within his thoughts. This is not their world. The faces are familiar, but the shape of the future was a divergence. But a path splintered from what point?

    Starting at the top, Ochazuke started reading through the most recently laid documents on the heap. "I don't suppose you can access the computer?"
    Wilhelm nods and pulls out a chair. After about a minute he gains access and brings up the main screen.

    Cloning.

    The research here is about cloning. She has based it on Adam’s nanite ability to replicate as a base so the cloning process can survive and grow. She also has cryogenic theories regarding slowing nanite growth in the clones to make adjustments and additions to the growing fetus from outside sources.

    Cloning is massively illegal in GP controlled territory.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #785
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey, some of us are just better suited to a support role. It doesn't make you any less valuable," Sarada replied. "It makes you more valuable, if anything. People who can kick ass are a dime a dozen, but people who can do what you can are more rare."

    That was Sarada's best efforts. Helped that it was the truth. She took some of the fruit and bit into it. She wasn't much of a fruit person. It didn't help that they had the same names as those damned Tuffles.

    It was sweet, and far juicier and ripe than any fruit on Vocado or any of their farming planets. "Holy shit this is delicious!"



    Sarada tone and gaze darkened. "In another timeline, she created a monster. An Frost Demon named Incenio. She cloned him and herself and literally ripped out body parts from different people to steal their racial traits. If this Gero is even a little bit like that one, you need to kill her and see fire to her labs, immediately."

    Jinzi just looks shocked.

    “Uhh.....well, I mean, she’s ambitious. I don’t know about murdery.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #786
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat uses a variety of tools to examine the small black device. To figure out what it is." The other half of Capsule Corp is being rebuilt, so I better not go there, but at least I can check this device to figure out what it is. Lucky I have tools design specifically to analyze mechanical devices, and documents to aid me," Praxat said.
    Itís a common black market electrical disruptor.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Hey, some of us are just better suited to a support role. It doesn't make you any less valuable," Sarada replied. "It makes you more valuable, if anything. People who can kick ass are a dime a dozen, but people who can do what you can are more rare."

    That was Sarada's best efforts. Helped that it was the truth. She took some of the fruit and bit into it. She wasn't much of a fruit person. It didn't help that they had the same names as those damned Tuffles.

    It was sweet, and far juicier and ripe than any fruit on Vocado or any of their farming planets. "Holy shit this is delicious!"



    Sarada tone and gaze darkened. "In another timeline, she created a monster. An Frost Demon named Incenio. She cloned him and herself and literally ripped out body parts from different people to steal their racial traits. If this Gero is even a little bit like that one, you need to kill her and see fire to her labs, immediately."
    Nevanlinna smiled at Sarada's encouragement. What she said was true, and she did know that, without her there to counter that blood magic, things would have taken a most dire turn. Yes, that Tasure and her half-breed were there and perhaps could have managed such a situation, but was it not better to simply avert such a crisis in the first place. "You are not wrong, Queen Sarada, but I am avaricious and seek to be indispensable in both respects! But I suppose, for now, I shall have to be content with one of the two."

    Her smile widened at Sarada's reaction to the fruit. From what she knew, Saiyans preferred... heartier fare. Meat and vegetables, mostly. Both were available, to one with the proper means, in Vaikuntha, but killing and preparing an animal took time, as did making most vegetables... edible. Fruits, on the other hand, could simply be picked and eaten. Much better for one lacking in time. "It is, isn't it? Seri quite enjoyed Vaikuntha's bounty when she was in my care. Perhaps once we have enough time, you and the others may find it worthwhile to train there. Even for multiple saiyans, there is more than enough bounty to feed this lot, and I can control the environment in that realm to... better provide the rigorous conditions one's ki needs to expand."

    Actual battle would yield greater results, of course, but as far as normal training locations went, she was confident there were none better suited.
    The poster formerly known as Daiyoukai Ramza.

  8. #788
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "My former mentor Doxal who used to be the Guardian of my planet before he passed away two thousand years ago. Once told me that The future is what you make it and that nothing is set in stone. He also told me that one shouldn't worry about the future, and focus on present. He was a good mentor," Althena said.

    Althena clutches her chest with her right hand." Doxal was nine thousand years old when he passed away and was the last of his kind," Althena said.
    With a slight nod, "There is wisdom in what your mentor said. Still that does not answer my question, so I will ask you another." Andron seemed to stare at her with unseeing eyes, "Why do you seek to know what is to come? Why are you not content, as most living creatures are, to simply exist in the present?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  9. #789
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi just looks shocked.

    “Uhh.....well, I mean, she’s ambitious. I don’t know about murdery.”
    Instead of finding Charco, Cyanna came across Sarada talking to Jinzi. "Who are you talking about?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #790
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna smiled at Sarada's encouragement. What she said was true, and she did know that, without her there to counter that blood magic, things would have taken a most dire turn. Yes, that Tasure and her half-breed were there and perhaps could have managed such a situation, but was it not better to simply avert such a crisis in the first place. "You are not wrong, Queen Sarada, but I am avaricious and seek to be indispensable in both respects! But I suppose, for now, I shall have to be content with one of the two."

    Her smile widened at Sarada's reaction to the fruit. From what she knew, Saiyans preferred... heartier fare. Meat and vegetables, mostly. Both were available, to one with the proper means, in Vaikuntha, but killing and preparing an animal took time, as did making most vegetables... edible. Fruits, on the other hand, could simply be picked and eaten. Much better for one lacking in time. "It is, isn't it? Seri quite enjoyed Vaikuntha's bounty when she was in my care. Perhaps once we have enough time, you and the others may find it worthwhile to train there. Even for multiple saiyans, there is more than enough bounty to feed this lot, and I can control the environment in that realm to... better provide the rigorous conditions one's ki needs to expand."

    Actual battle would yield greater results, of course, but as far as normal training locations went, she was confident there were none better suited.
    It hadn't escaped Sarada's notice that Seri was gone. She likely departed for Vocado along with Avoca, Pinach, and Rutaba for their own own safety. It was good; it wasn't safe here for a young child, and her parents were likely on Vocado waiting for her. Such a reunion was one that Sarada wanted to see in person, but simply witnessing a family reunited after being torn apart by vengeful Tuffles was enough for her.

    As for training in Vaikuntha, that was an excellent idea. Especially since, for now, the Room of Time and Spirits was lost to them until it could be restored to its properly function. Then again, perhaps it was best served as a portal or gateway to the other timelines. She made promises to return to a few of them after some time, and she wanted to make good on those. "Awesome idea. Plus, that means we can leave the RoSaT as a portal to the other timelines. As for being adept at support and combat, try training with Parsley or Ochazuke. They're probably the best at both worlds."

  11. #791
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi just looks shocked.

    “Uhh.....well, I mean, she’s ambitious. I don’t know about murdery.”
    "Ambition, when left unchecked, always leads to the unthinkable," Parsley answered. She had been standing next to Sarada while she was talking to Jinzi and heard quite a bit about the alternate version of this Dr. Char Gero. While not the same, she had seen that there was always some mote of similarities between the Prime and the alternates to show that all it took was one bad day -- or a good day, in this case -- to change for the worst. Gero was no different.

    "Cloning, unless I'm mistaken, if illegal as far as the GP are concerned. That alone is cause for concern, if Sarada's concerns are valid. It's worth an investigation, at any rate." She could feel that Blizzar and Ochazuke were both at Capsule Corp that very moment. They were enough to handle it, but her curiosity was getting to her.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Instead of finding Charco, Cyanna came across Sarada talking to Jinzi. "Who are you talking about?"
    "Dr. Char Gero," Sarada responded. "She works for Jinzi at CC. Her alternate is a piece of shit, and apparently this one is on her way."

  12. #792
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Char gestures to Adam.

    “My most recent work was upgrading Adam here. Otherwise my projects are not currently ongoing save a cryogenics snafu I think may have just been solved.”
    "Is that so?" Blizzar asked. "Mind if I take a look at this cryogenic work for myself? That's the kind of work we're interested in researching."

    As he spoke, P-Cee, small as a blade of grass flew into her lab, hoping to be undetected. Her goal was to take note of any illicit activity and document it.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 06-30-2019 at 09:05 AM.

  13. #793
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstrous Bird of Qin, Ou Ki View Post
    Nevanlinna smiled at Sarada's encouragement. What she said was true, and she did know that, without her there to counter that blood magic, things would have taken a most dire turn. Yes, that Tasure and her half-breed were there and perhaps could have managed such a situation, but was it not better to simply avert such a crisis in the first place. "You are not wrong, Queen Sarada, but I am avaricious and seek to be indispensable in both respects! But I suppose, for now, I shall have to be content with one of the two."

    Her smile widened at Sarada's reaction to the fruit. From what she knew, Saiyans preferred... heartier fare. Meat and vegetables, mostly. Both were available, to one with the proper means, in Vaikuntha, but killing and preparing an animal took time, as did making most vegetables... edible. Fruits, on the other hand, could simply be picked and eaten. Much better for one lacking in time. "It is, isn't it? Seri quite enjoyed Vaikuntha's bounty when she was in my care. Perhaps once we have enough time, you and the others may find it worthwhile to train there. Even for multiple saiyans, there is more than enough bounty to feed this lot, and I can control the environment in that realm to... better provide the rigorous conditions one's ki needs to expand."

    Actual battle would yield greater results, of course, but as far as normal training locations went, she was confident there were none better suited.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    It hadn't escaped Sarada's notice that Seri was gone. She likely departed for Vocado along with Avoca, Pinach, and Rutaba for their own own safety. It was good; it wasn't safe here for a young child, and her parents were likely on Vocado waiting for her. Such a reunion was one that Sarada wanted to see in person, but simply witnessing a family reunited after being torn apart by vengeful Tuffles was enough for her.

    As for training in Vaikuntha, that was an excellent idea. Especially since, for now, the Room of Time and Spirits was lost to them until it could be restored to its properly function. Then again, perhaps it was best served as a portal or gateway to the other timelines. She made promises to return to a few of them after some time, and she wanted to make good on those. "Awesome idea. Plus, that means we can leave the RoSaT as a portal to the other timelines. As for being adept at support and combat, try training with Parsley or Ochazuke. They're probably the best at both worlds."
    Once the task had been completed Karine and Aleka were back in their home away from home for the moment. It had been a tiring day battle overall, but she wished she had been a bit more useful in direct fight. Still, she had saved Sarada from bleeding out and helped dealing the fatal blow to the Oni so she wouldn't say her accomplishments mean nothing at all; there was just some refining here and there to do was all.

    She spied Nevalina and Sarada and made her way over. "Today was certainly something, but I'm glad all of us came back in one piece. How are you two holding up?"
    Last edited by Sion Reaver; 06-30-2019 at 11:20 AM.

  14. #794
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Is that so?" Blizzar asked. "Mind if I take a look at this cryogenic work for myself? That's the kind of work we're interested in researching."

    As he spoke, P-Cee, small as a blade of grass flew into her lab, hoping to be undetected. Her goal was to take note of any illicit activity and document it.
    Gero leads them to Karis’ pod. P-Cee cannot fins her actual lab. It’s much further in unless P-Cee can sense Ochazuke.

    “As you can see, the pod houses an adolescent female. The tech is of unknown origin and we have been attempting to open if safely.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #795
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Jinzi frowns.

    ďCloning? Like actual permanent cloning and not a multi-form ki technique? Thatís madness. Itís too unstable for one and too dangerous for another, plus itís banned.Ē

    He taps a code into his wrist watch.

    óóóóóó

    For a moment, a light flares on Adamís wrist then dies down. The sleek android turns and closely monitors Gero as she speaks to Blizzar.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •