Page 58 of 205 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 3069
  1. #856
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "... we bonded over our mutual talent." Charco said, not wanting to bother Cyanna with the tale of their fight against the alternate Marduk just yet.

    "He gave me some advice, although I'm not sure how much it'll help me right now."
    "It wouldn't have anything to do with our plans before we left on the mission, would it? You know, Eva's friend, the psychic."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  2. #857
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "It wouldn't have anything to do with our plans before we left on the mission, would it? You know, Eva's friend, the psychic."
    "I don't know." He replied. He recalled the Deputy mentioned a psychic named Morgana, but he wasn't sure of the name of Eva's friend to confirm that it was the "same" person that aided the Deputy.

    It was hard to be excited, however, as he knew Rex was now paying close attention to his planning.

  3. #858
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "I don't know." He replied. He recalled the Deputy mentioned a psychic named Morgana, but he wasn't sure of the name of Eva's friend to confirm that it was the "same" person that aided the Deputy.

    It was hard to be excited, however, as he knew Rex was now paying close attention to his planning.
    "You still want to go, don't you?" Cyanna, leaning in slightly and speaking with an expectant tone of voice.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #859
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "You still want to go, don't you?" Cyanna, leaning in slightly and speaking with an expectant tone of voice.
    He raised a brow as Cyanna did her best impression of a dog fidgeting moments before going for a walk.

    At least someone is having fun...

    "Yeah, I don't have any better alternatives so far."

  5. #860
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    He raised a brow as Cyanna did her best impression of a dog fidgeting moments before going for a walk.

    At least someone is having fun...

    "Yeah, I don't have any better alternatives so far."
    "Then come on, we have let Eva know before we go." Cyanna takes hold of his hand and (accidentally) teleports the two of them right next to her. "Eva, Charco and I are going to visit your friend the psychic."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #861
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Cyanna... just...

    And Sarada exploded.



    "Hey! Nice rage-quit, loser! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!"



    Sarada rolled her eyes. "Come on, Eva. It doesn't take much brain power to tell your mate that one of the people he's working with might be running an illegal cloning lab somewhere." She shook her head. "Fine. Since Cyanna ran off like a baby, consider this dropped." She sat back down and continued to wait.
    The verbal back and forth happened quickly and suddenly; by the time it had concluded the other young woman had ran off in a huff. Aleka choose not to comment at the given moment since she didn't fully know what was going on, but the gist didn't sound that great. Something else to poke a few brains about later. What she didn't expect for Cyanna to suddenly scream loud enough to shatter glass.

    Her hearing was sharper then a normal human's but not to a insane degree thankfully. All and all, and in short and as expected it hurt like a bitch. She winced, covering her long ears a bit. "Geez gods woman. Remind me to be careful around them at karaoke night."

    Kaarine frowned slightly at this. "You all right? They didn't rupture anything? I heard Acorians hearing is better then normal people."

    In response, Aleka waved it off. "I'll live. If this was enough to knock me on my ass I'd be in a world of hurt." It didn't mean it didn't sting and there was a slight ringing like little men were having a concert in her head, but nothing she couldn't soldier though. She wasn't a believer in ignoring things until your body fell apart, just in this case nothing in her mind was too serious.

    "If you're certain, then I'll drop it." Was the simple reply.

    Still, while they waited and the matter for the moment had been dealt with Aleka decided to ask Sarada something. "Have you decided if you're going with a cybernetic arm route or try to get it regrown if you have a choice?" The little bit she heard, Sarada was perfectly fine with the former.

  7. #862
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Jinzi, in the process of finding a suitable hand for Sarada, freezes suddenly. His face goes slack, then after a few moments, he starts looking again.

    “I really should call Char and get her opinion. She’s much better at cybernetics then me.”

    He says this as if they hadn’t just said she was a dangerous traitor.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #863
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Gero eyes the officers, then shakes her head.

    ďAwful lot of officers on a recruitment drive.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #864
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    The verbal back and forth happened quickly and suddenly; by the time it had concluded the other young woman had ran off in a huff. Aleka choose not to comment at the given moment since she didn't fully know what was going on, but the gist didn't sound that great. Something else to poke a few brains about later. What she didn't expect for Cyanna to suddenly scream loud enough to shatter glass.

    Her hearing was sharper then a normal human's but not to a insane degree thankfully. All and all, and in short and as expected it hurt like a bitch. She winced, covering her long ears a bit. "Geez gods woman. Remind me to be careful around them at karaoke night."

    Kaarine frowned slightly at this. "You all right? They didn't rupture anything? I heard Acorians hearing is better then normal people."

    In response, Aleka waved it off. "I'll live. If this was enough to knock me on my ass I'd be in a world of hurt." It didn't mean it didn't sting and there was a slight ringing like little men were having a concert in her head, but nothing she couldn't soldier though. She wasn't a believer in ignoring things until your body fell apart, just in this case nothing in her mind was too serious.

    "If you're certain, then I'll drop it." Was the simple reply.

    Still, while they waited and the matter for the moment had been dealt with Aleka decided to ask Sarada something. "Have you decided if you're going with a cybernetic arm route or try to get it regrown if you have a choice?" The little bit she heard, Sarada was perfectly fine with the former.
    "Robotic hand, without doubt," Sarada answered. "It's more for Ishtar than me, to be completely honest. Well, I can find plenty of uses for the vibration settings Jinzi will install, but those are mostly for her."
    She was about to explain, when--

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, in the process of finding a suitable hand for Sarada, freezes suddenly. His face goes slack, then after a few moments, he starts looking again.

    “I really should call Char and get her opinion. She’s much better at cybernetics then me.”

    He says this as if they hadn’t just said she was a dangerous traitor.
    "Whoa, huh?" Sarada stood and placed a hand on Jinzi's shoulder. "Jinzi, you literally made Ishtar an entire arm a few years ago. Just do now what you did then. No need to call a possible traitor."

    His behavior right before then was startling. He went slack, as if his brain just shut off or stopped working for a second. Then, when he came to, it was like he hadn't heard a word of what Sarada had said before Cyanna butted her nose in the conversation.

    She eyed him closely. "What's your problem all of a sudden?"

  10. #865
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    445

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Robotic hand, without doubt," Sarada answered. "It's more for Ishtar than me, to be completely honest. Well, I can find plenty of uses for the vibration settings Jinzi will install, but those are mostly for her."
    She was about to explain, when--

    "
    "Arm for your partner huh?" Aleka mused. "Nothing wrong with that, healthy intimate times helps keeps a relationship sailing. Not everything but that stuff is important."

    At those words, Karine was blushing slightly a intense red. "So you're using that arm t-to, I see.."

    Aleka glanced at the young woman. "Nothing to be embarrassed about. In fact I'm sure Jinzi could hook you up with something if you and Totoma wan-"

    "Not necessary." Karine managed to squeak. Aleka chuckled, she was too easy to give a hard time but it was all in good fun, she never really stepped over the line but that line was different for everyone after getting to know them a bit.

    Then Jinzi happened.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, in the process of finding a suitable hand for Sarada, freezes suddenly. His face goes slack, then after a few moments, he starts looking again.

    ďI really should call Char and get her opinion. Sheís much better at cybernetics then me.Ē

    He says this as if they hadnít just said she was a dangerous traitor.
    "..You don't seem too good. You just spaced out a moment ago, maybe you should sit down so we can have a look at you?" She wasn't sure what was wrong but it was concerning for Aleka.

  11. #866
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,704

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke's eyes narrowed. While the Katchin officer was instrumental to repelling Koolard during the Doctor's first invasion, there was something about her specifically vested interest in this world, fraught already with its myriad problems in its transition to a Unified State, that raised a cold hollow within him. A harrowing he hadn't felt since he'd first left the Geofront to the Lookout. To invite the view of those above is, alone, enough to become subject to them?

    He knew the seed of it sprung from the Divergence; that today's ally may not be so tomorrow. Ochazuke shook his head.

    He lift the physical piece of evidence; the map to the old Red Raider base. "We can prove her collusion, and that is crime enough," he said, "but watch where you tread between the lines of the law. To punish thought, to indict merely the notions of a crime that have not yet come to pass, that can be hardly be called justice."
    Justice....this human dared lecture her on such a concept. She followed what she thought...what she knew was best course of action in her heart of hearts and with such unwavering resolve, she saw that righteousness won in the end. That...was her justice. "Hmph. The technology is here," she stated aloud, turning her nose up a little in the process as she shrunk back down, her voice decreasing in volume as it did. "She'll be given a fair trial to explain herself, res assured...but logic dictates, nefarious means were her modus operandi..." she insisted, before flying off to join her fellow officers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    Gero eyes the officers, then shakes her head.

    ďAwful lot of officers on a recruitment drive.Ē
    "Heh, would you believe it!" Blizzar's eyes widened. "A it happens, they're all big fans of your work! Especially..." the Arcosian continue,d his tone changing from jovial to one that was dead serious. "...in regards to cloning technology. Now, I'm not so unreasonable. I'll offer you a chance to explain yourself. Quickly perhaps, in the event that the the machine's beeping doesn't set off some itchy trigger fingers."

  12. #867
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Jinzi frowns.

    “I what? I blanked out?”

    He shakes his head.

    “No I didn’t.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #868
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,365

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi, in the process of finding a suitable hand for Sarada, freezes suddenly. His face goes slack, then after a few moments, he starts looking again.

    “I really should call Char and get her opinion. She’s much better at cybernetics then me.”

    He says this as if they hadn’t just said she was a dangerous traitor.
    Not far away, Cyanna and Charco just appeared looking for Eva. It was then she overheard Jinzi and became confused and concerned. "Brother Jinzi, did Meagan tell you about her? Didn't everyone tell you about Gero? No one knows mechanical stuff better than you, that's what Meagan says."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  14. #869
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Jinzi frowns.

    “I what? I blanked out?”

    He shakes his head.

    “No I didn’t.”
    "You definitely did," Sarada argued. "Your face literally went slack, then you started going on about calling that Gero lady and asking her for her opinion on robot stuff."

  15. #870
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,047

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Justice....this human dared lecture her on such a concept. She followed what she thought...what she knew was best course of action in her heart of hearts and with such unwavering resolve, she saw that righteousness won in the end. That...was her justice. "Hmph. The technology is here," she stated aloud, turning her nose up a little in the process as she shrunk back down, her voice decreasing in volume as it did. "She'll be given a fair trial to explain herself, res assured...but logic dictates, nefarious means were her modus operandi..." she insisted, before flying off to join her fellow officers.



    "Heh, would you believe it!" Blizzar's eyes widened. "A it happens, they're all big fans of your work! Especially..." the Arcosian continue,d his tone changing from jovial to one that was dead serious. "...in regards to cloning technology. Now, I'm not so unreasonable. I'll offer you a chance to explain yourself. Quickly perhaps, in the event that the the machine's beeping doesn't set off some itchy trigger fingers."
    She smiles unconcerned.

    “Forgive me, my galactic law is somewhat sketchy, but Earth isn’t a full signatory yet to galactic law. President Grinthorn intends to eventually, but until such a time you don’t have the authority to arrest me. Article Seven, Sub-Section C: Galactic Law Enforcement on a non signatory world is possible only if the perpetrator has committed the crime offworld.”

    She looks at her watch.

    “Two minutes. Ask your questions and maybe I’ll even answer.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •