Page 65 of 259 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 975 of 3878
  1. #961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The old man nodded his bony head, then called to her, "One more test, it's a simple one. Tell me about the last time you did something purely for fun, the last time you laughed or enjoyed yourself. But tell me with you mind, words only. No images. Simple telepathy."
    " I don't know if I can do that but I'll try. " Althena said. Althena attempts to send a telepathic signal.

    She manages to send a signal after a lot of concentration she manages to get send a telepathic signal to Andron but is very weak. There is a lot of static and break up in the audio. (th— La— Ti— I wa— in Eva's Liab—rea— her books. I rea— a lot of books there and en—rea— them, ) Althena said telepathically.

    ( I th— my most en— book to rea— there . was th— book cal— Hamlet. It was a most en— rea— I had fun rea— it,) Althena said telepathically.

  2. #962
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    18,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She takes both, and the pushes Ishtar to a sitting position. Skek’hinah then starts running her hands over both objects, speaking in an ancient and celestial language. The two items start to glow, then melt into glowing puddles of light. She takes the puddles, speaking a soothing voice as she manipulates the liquid, it flowing up and around as she crafts them into one item, before touching it to where Ishtar no longer had an arm. From there, like a potter with clay, her mother molds and sculpts and creates, her voice ancient and powerful, soothing and warm. After about five minutes, the light fades and to Ishtar’s astonishment, a perfectly formed and identical arm is attached and useable, as if she had never lost it. In fact, it feels even better than the original one. She can feel a bit of what she can only presume is cryomancy laying within the arm.

    Shek’hinah smiles.

    “How is that, dear?”
    Ishtar remained silent as she watched her mother work, the God -- for she was more so, than myriad others -- weaving magic with careful hands and words ancient, and mellifluous.

    For all I have learned ... I know little, of the ancient ways ... when the Universes were young, and waxing. To say nothing of those things which lurk in darkness and in forgotten spaces.

    As she mused, and a few minutes had passed, the items were now little more than an auric pool. Before it could be asked however, what the meaning for this was, Shek'hinah touched the 'fluid' to the stump of her arm. Not a moment later, Ishtar found and felt, that where once had been nothing: an arm took shape. And as her mother carefully molded the aurelian 'clay' into muscle, sinew, and bone it seemed the same arm that Ishtar had been forced to remove ... at least upon the surface. Yet as Shek'hinah finished her ancient art and the golden-eyed Oni tested its functionality, she was quick to note that the arm felt peternaturally cold. The veins themselves -- and only those contained in the newly forged arm -- seemingly forged of ice. Though as queer as the sensation itself, was the fact that it was no cause for discomfort.

    Hm ...

    When the inevitable came, and Shek'hinah asked how it was. Ishtar offered her mother a small smile.

    "More than I might have hoped for. In truth I had assumed you were coming to censure me." Though considering who Ishtar had yet to see -- her lover, Sarada, who was herself strangely absent -- there was perhaps time yet for well-deserved censuring.

    "Though ... surely you did not come simply to return my arm to me ?"
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  3. #963
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I don't know if I can do that but I'll try. " Althena said. Althena attempts to send a telepathic signal.

    She manages to send a signal after a lot of concentration she manages to get send a telepathic signal to Andron but is very weak. There is a lot of static and break up in the audio. (th— La— Ti— I wa— in Eva's Liab—rea— her books. I rea— a lot of books there and en—rea— them, ) Althena said telepathically.

    ( I th— my most en— book to rea— there . was th— book cal— Hamlet. It was a most en— rea— I had fun rea— it,) Althena said telepathically.
    In a blur of unseen movement, Andron is now next to Reimi who had been watching these exercises nearby. The two began talking to each other in low voices. Reimi then approaches Althena, "Come, it is time to return back to Earth."

    Before Althena could respond, the old man answers her question, "No, child. Your problem is clearly not with your visual Clairvoyance. Your problem is simply that you are not a very good telepath. It is a problem best addressed through practice, since you already know the basics of telepathy." He then returns to his favorite favorite sitting position beneath his favorite tree.
    Last edited by Tami; 07-07-2019 at 08:21 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  4. #964

    Default

    [QUOTE=Tami;4444600]In a blur of unseen movement, Andron is now next to Reimi who had been watching these exercises nearby. The two began talking to each other in low voices. Reimi then approaches Althena, "Come, it is time to return back to Earth."

    "That term Clairvoyance, Reimi have I been using that term wrong? I been using that term to describe the various psychic abilities I have, Reimi is there I better term?" Althena said.

    Althena pauses for a moment." I didn't even know I was telepathic. Another thing I can do is trace where objects or people are locate and create a mental map of an area just by focusing on a name. It's called Psychic Navigation," Althena said.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 07-07-2019 at 01:14 PM.

  5. #965
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    "That term Clairvoyance, Reimi have I been using that term wrong? I been using that term to describe the various psychic abilities I have, Reimi is there I better term?" Althena said.

    Althena pauses for a moment." I didn't even know I was telepathic. Another thing I can do is trace where objects or people are locate, and create a mental map of an area just by focusing on a name. It's called Psychic Navigation," Althena said.
    Exchanging a glance with Andron, Reimi then places a hand on Althena's shoulder and looks at her as a teacher looks at a student, "Althena, it seems that there is much you still need to learn. It is a common enough problem. Many strive to become stronger and more skilled in Martial Arts, they strive to master the power of Ki. One thing that they are rarely taught is the interconnection between this training and the development of psychic abilities. It is possible to become a strong psychic without ever using ki in combat, and it is possible to become a strong ki user without ever developing mental abilities commonly classified as psychic. However, in many there is a direct relationship between a powerful body and a powerful mind."

    She then lets go of the young Guardian's shoulder, "As you have said, and shown, you already have manifested several psychic abilities. Often the first one to manifest is basic telepathic communication, simple speech and the reading of the thoughts of others. Often, however, does not mean always and everyone is different. The projection of images, without words, goes by many names; Memory Projection, Image Transference, Visiopathy, and so on. According to Andron, it seems that you have this skill well developed. Perhaps what is now manifesting is your Telepathic ability. If so, then you need to practice with it, work on it, and use it as often as possible. In time, you will become better at it all on your own."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-07-2019 at 01:41 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  6. #966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Exchanging a glance with Andron, Reimi then places a hand on Althena's shoulder and looks at her as a teacher looks at a student, "Althena, it seems that there is much you still need to learn. It is a common enough problem. Many strive to become stronger and more skilled in Martial Arts, they strive to master the power of Ki. One thing that they are rarely taught is the interconnection between this training and the development of psychic abilities. It is possible to become a strong psychic without ever using ki in combat, and it is possible to become a strong ki user without ever developing mental abilities commonly classified as psychic. However, in many there is a direct relationship between a powerful body and a powerful mind."

    She then lets go of the young Guardian's shoulder, "As you have said, and shown, you already have manifested several psychic abilities. Often the first one to manifest is basic telepathic communication, simple speech and the reading of the thoughts of others. Often, however, does not mean always and everyone is different. The projection of images, without words, goes by many names; Memory Projection, Image Transference, Visiopathy, and so on. According to Andron, it seems that you have this skill well developed. Perhaps what is now manifesting is your Telepathic ability. If so, then you need to practice with it, work on it, and use it as often as possible. In time, you will become better at it all on your own."
    " I will practice it. Reimi I saw this term in one of Eva's books. It was call Extrasensory Perception, what does that term mean?" Althena said.

    Althena puts her right hand on her head. " Reimi can I tell you something? I feel like there are gaps in my memory. I supposed to be a master in the martial arts, a master in Aome," Althena said.

    "However, I can't recall all the techniques I'm supposed to know. Just recently I remembered a powerful technique that I forgot called Electro Haeus Maango. I think there's something wrong with my memory, and it might have to do with the fact I was frozen for 2,000 years in a magical crystal," Althena said.

  7. #967
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    " I will practice it. Reimi I saw this term in one of Eva's books. It was call Extrasensory Perception, what does that term mean?" Althena said.

    Althena puts her right hand on her head. " Reimi can I tell you something? I feel like there are gaps in my memory. I supposed to be a master in the martial arts, a master in Aome," Althena said.

    "However, I can't recall all the techniques I'm supposed to know. Just recently I remembered a powerful technique that I forgot called Electro Haeus Maango. I think there's something wrong with my memory, and it might have to do with the fact I was frozen for 2,000 years in a magical crystal," Althena said.
    "Extrasensory Perception, that is a term I have not heard used in a long time. It is a broad, catch all term used to describe all forms of psychic and related abilities. It had fallen out of usage as specific abilities became more common, while other abilities nearly faded from existence due to their rarity. "

    Lady Himizu then looked up at her, as if seeing something that only she could see, "Memories are like flowers, some bloom year after year, while others seem to wither and fade away with the coming winter. If you are confident of still possessing the memories that matter most, the ones that define who you are, then I would not worry so much about teh rest. As for memories of Martial Arts skills, those you never lose. Like any skill, if you knew how to do it once, it will come back to you eventually. The physical body has it's own way of remembering such things."

    She then turned and waved her hand. As she did, a portal opened, "It would be wise to thank Master Andron for his assistance before we leave."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  8. #968
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,995

    Default

    On Chroma, in the Temple of Iris, in the private office of the current Guardian

    Half-seated on the edge of the heavy dark wood desk, Meagan stares down at one of her two Apprentices seated in a chair nearby.

    "Didn't I tell you both to wait for me here in the Temple?"

    Dash, looking uncomfortable, "Well, yeah. An ah did, ah stayed right here."

    "But Cyanna didn't."

    "Ah was distracted, it's not like ah thought ah needed to keep an eye on her. She ain't no child anymore."

    "No, I don't suppose she is, though she still acts like one." Meagan sighed, "I assume she went back to Earth?"

    Dash nodded, "Before ah lost sight of her, we were talkin' 'bout leaving so quickly. She did seem a bit worried, ah figure it may have had somethin' to do with that boyfriend of hers."

    "She's at that age, I get it. But still, she should have at least told you she was leaving, then you should have told me."

    Looking skeptical, Dash's back straightened out as she sat fully upright, "Ah did try you know, but you were locked up in that big ole government building all day long. Ah'm surprised they even let you come back here. So, um, how did it go?" her voice became softer.

    Standing upright, Meagan walked around the desk and sat down in her padded chair, looking tired, "I finally got them to agree to an election. Each side can run candidates, whichever group takes majority control of the Council can nominate someone to the Presidency. Of course, that in no way guarantees that things will run smoothly. So, it looks like I will be here for some time longer."

    She then smiled slightly and leaned forward, hands on top of the smooth desk, "Tell you what. Now that the threat of war seems to be abated, for now, why don't you return to Earth. Check on Cyanna, make sure she hasn't gotten in over her head and let her know that I expect her to return once she has finished her business. Also, check in on Jinzi. Let him know what is going on, and tell him i will be in touch as soon as I can. Tell him, that I miss him."

    Dash stood up, "Are you sure you can handle things here on your own?"

    Meagan nodded, "I won't be completely alone, and yes I think I can handle it. So get ready to go. I'm going to get some rest, tomorrow is going to be another busy day."

    Dash walked over to her, "Ah'll leave as soon as Sister Goldy returns. Ah want to make sure you get the rest you need without disturbance, you're sure gonna need it."
    Last edited by Tami; 07-14-2019 at 11:40 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  9. #969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Extrasensory Perception, that is a term I have not heard used in a long time. It is a broad, catch all term used to describe all forms of psychic and related abilities. It had fallen out of usage as specific abilities became more common, while other abilities nearly faded from existence due to their rarity. "

    Lady Himizu then looked up at her, as if seeing something that only she could see, "Memories are like flowers, some bloom year after year, while others seem to wither and fade away with the coming winter. If you are confident of still possessing the memories that matter most, the ones that define who you are, then I would not worry so much about teh rest. As for memories of Martial Arts skills, those you never lose. Like any skill, if you knew how to do it once, it will come back to you eventually. The physical body has it's own way of remembering such things."

    She then turned and waved her hand. As she did, a portal opened, "It would be wise to thank Master Andron for his assistance before we leave."
    "So that's what it means huh, well that's nice to know. You're right about my body remembering, Because that technique Electro Haeus Maango came back to me after help the others fight this horrible person in this another timeline. So it seems the more I fight or spar the more my body remembers stuff." Althena said.

    Althena waves at Andron "Thanks for your assistance Master Andron. Oh, and I didn't wish to show you that memory of my childhood, it just popped in my head. Of all the memories I could have forgotten, why did I have to remember that one. It's a painful memory, but it is one of the memories that defines who I am." Althena said.

  10. #970
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    When the Golem emerged, Ochazuke sprung his trap.

    The genius loci of the planet, the force behind the techniques of Zxu'ro, resonated within him, and in the split seconds between discovering of Damask's presence and his arrival, the Woven Path had swiftly been threaded.

    As Damask broke the surface, the restraint fell, the threads of ki tethering him in and bottlenecking his entrance.
    The strain is great. The golem is far stronger than he should be, far stronger than he was from what Ochazuke was told.

    Heíll break the ki tethering him soon.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  11. #971
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Then, all hell breaks loose. Some creature -- a being of rock and ancient technology, from the looks of it -- exploded out of the ground, shrouding Blizzar and his men in debris and dust. It moved to grab Gero, possibly in an effort to protect her.

    This creature must be some sort of ally. Maybe with these Red Raiders I've heard about. Or, perhaps a Capsule Corp invention? Either way, it's existence is forfeit.

    The black ball at the tip of Parsley's finger erupted. The Dark Spiral shot forward, intent on piercing Gero's heart while she was distracted.
    It almost does.

    Except the ground behind her shoots up and blocks the attack at the last second. Somehow Damask managed to control the earth and used it to block, despite being restrained by Ochazuke.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #972
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    You truly believe a false oracle will save you?

    How frustrating it must be for you to snap at your little precious Cyanna.

    She'll be the first one to pay for your defiance.


    Despite the howling winds of the air whipping around him in flight, Rex's taunts bounced around his head, gaining mass, little by litte.

    The saurian spirit was right, he doubted Morgana's aid will do much for him at this point and his frustration was becoming a slow boil. Whether this was by the dinosaur's design or just his own anxiety getting the better of him was uncertain, but the results were clear. The boy remained quiet throughout the flight, his attention focused on the GPS that guided him towards their destination.
    It wonít take long to get to Ash Peak City at the speed he can travel. Less than fifteen minutes realistically.

    Morganaís cabin is also easy enough to find, a small hand made thing on the edge of Ash Peak City, near the base of the dormant volcano the city is named for.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  13. #973
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar remained silent as she watched her mother work, the God -- for she was more so, than myriad others -- weaving magic with careful hands and words ancient, and mellifluous.

    For all I have learned ... I know little, of the ancient ways ... when the Universes were young, and waxing. To say nothing of those things which lurk in darkness and in forgotten spaces.

    As she mused, and a few minutes had passed, the items were now little more than an auric pool. Before it could be asked however, what the meaning for this was, Shek'hinah touched the 'fluid' to the stump of her arm. Not a moment later, Ishtar found and felt, that where once had been nothing: an arm took shape. And as her mother carefully molded the aurelian 'clay' into muscle, sinew, and bone it seemed the same arm that Ishtar had been forced to remove ... at least upon the surface. Yet as Shek'hinah finished her ancient art and the golden-eyed Oni tested its functionality, she was quick to note that the arm felt peternaturally cold. The veins themselves -- and only those contained in the newly forged arm -- seemingly forged of ice. Though as queer as the sensation itself, was the fact that it was no cause for discomfort.

    Hm ...

    When the inevitable came, and Shek'hinah asked how it was. Ishtar offered her mother a small smile.

    "More than I might have hoped for. In truth I had assumed you were coming to censure me." Though considering who Ishtar had yet to see -- her lover, Sarada, who was herself strangely absent -- there was perhaps time yet for well-deserved censuring.

    "Though ... surely you did not come simply to return my arm to me ?"
    She nods.

    ďI did come to....perhaps berate you on your cavalier attitude towards your own safety, but....Ē

    She places a hand on Ishtarís cheek and smiles.

    ďBut you are your own person, Ishtar. I may be your mother, but I do not control you. How you live, how you love, how you fight is your own choice. I wish you would take a little better care of yourself,Ē She looks at her with a raised eyebrow, then at both arms and back to Ishtar. ďBut in the end you fight with all you have. That is why you are so strong, daughter. Your conviction is absolute, your will like katchin. And I couldnít be prouder.Ē

    She hugs her tightly again, then steps back, smiling again.

    ďHaving said that, do try and be careful. I can repair you, many people can repair you, but do think a bit about me when you fight. Itís stressful seeing you in such a state. Youíll give your poor mother a heart attack or grey hairs.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #974
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Praxat is streaming her live feed from a video-sharing website using her phone. " So I'm broadcasting this on my Cell phone using a video sharing website. It may not be as good as my CC computer, but it should still be good enough to show the evidence I gather!" Praxat said.
    A large hole in the ground is also discovered, making Oraxat think that whoever stole from her tunneled under ground.

    There are apears to be something going on in the geofront.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  15. #975
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The strain is great. The golem is far stronger than he should be, far stronger than he was from what Ochazuke was told.

    He’ll break the ki tethering him soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    It almost does.

    Except the ground behind her shoots up and blocks the attack at the last second. Somehow Damask managed to control the earth and used it to block, despite being restrained by Ochazuke.
    Blizzar scratches his chin. "Ah, this thing...I believe I've read of it in the files," Blizzar commented. The report that was gathered on all the threats located on the Earth, within the Earth, surrounding the Earth and anything or anyone that otherwise showed the slightest bit of potential interest in threatening this blue planet. IT really was quite extensive, and Blizzar quite honestly didn't bother to memorize everything written in there.

    But form what he could glean of this creature, he got the gist. And ig it sought to assist Gero, then that simply couldn't stand. Blizzar folded his arms and glanced towards X-Bo and N-Ten. If you will, assist the warriors of Earth and distract that beast. I need to concentrate."

    "Roger!" X-Bo and N-Ten saluted in unison, flying towards Damask, before beginning to dart around and pepper it with slices from X-Bo's blade and shots from N-Ten's blaster.

    Blizzar in the meantime, began to hover in the background, attempting to use his telekinesis to lift Damask from the very Earth it seemed to utilize. Blizzar may not have been well read on the creature, but it made it's natural element known quickly with it's reaction against Ochazuke and Parsley. It would not be an easy task, lifting the monster but perhaps if the others continued to wage their assault against it...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •