Page 8 of 213 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 3181
  1. #106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    A warm pulse from the dark sphere as it registers the piece of time. The two seem to pulse in rhythm.
    "As good as your word." The grey Time Shard flickered in his left hand as it disappeared into the Chrono-Matrix Zurvan had imparted him. Just as soon as it found its resonance-register, so the pulse which animated the Dark Sphere from within ceased. Not a guideline, nor a linear path, but a blind, tangible notion of something unseen.

    But he had seen it. All around the moment shrank around his view with each passing breath.

    "I hardly imagine that this conjuring will be easy to explain." Raising the sphere before him, Ochazuke poured his sense into it, as he spoke seeking to unravel its inner matter through Banjakuza. "But you understand, it is quite difficult to use a compass to find an unmarked destination."

  2. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    ďAn artifact it shall be, then.Ē

    A latticework of arcane sigils and runes are carved midair, Nail chanting and speaking in an old Namekian dialect. After about two minutes, the sigils and runes flare and coalesces into a single item that floats down and lands in Ochazukeís hand. It is a coal black sphere, roughly half the size of a dragon ball, and it thrums slightly.

    ďA temporal detection device. This.....creature that is kidnapping others hides behind time and space. He cannot with this. No shield may hide him, no barrier protect him, no armor block itís track. You get close enough and it shall find your foe.Ē
    Praxat examines the artifact ," Wow this is indeed impressive. You create something out of thin air with your magic. That would have taking me years upon years to create with science," Praxat said.

  3. #108
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hellís Brigade View Post
    A warm pulse from the dark sphere as it registers the piece of time. The two seem to pulse in rhythm.
    Aleka was silent as the magical item was suddenly created, which was impressive but also raised questions. What were the limits of it? There had to be some kind or they would have things of this nature more commonly around the place waiting to be used. Though to be fair, there could be some hidden stash the group wasn't aware of which they stored various items that were useful in different ways.

    "Elder, is there any hard limits to making useful artifacts like this?" There had to be logically or it would be a auto 'I win' with anyone with half a bit of common sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "As good as your word." The grey Time Shard flickered in his left hand as it disappeared into the Chrono-Matrix Zurvan had imparted him. Just as soon as it found its resonance-register, so the pulse which animated the Dark Sphere from within ceased. Not a guideline, nor a linear path, but a blind, tangible notion of something unseen.

    But he had seen it. All around the moment shrank around his view with each passing breath.

    "I hardly imagine that this conjuring will be easy to explain." Raising the sphere before him, Ochazuke poured his sense into it, as he spoke seeking to unravel its inner matter through Banjakuza. "But you understand, it is quite difficult to use a compass to find an unmarked destination."
    It seemed from observation that Ochazuke had some similar but different ability involving items, but she wasn't aware of specifics or how it worked. Possibly something to poke his brain about for later but right now there were more important things to worry about.

    "Elder Nail, is it possible it can determine location if we have a item that belonged to the person we're looking for? Or at least a guess?" It was a fair question, and possible if it worked how some scrying did, supposedly but until now she hadn't seen the real thing.

  4. #109
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka was silent as the magical item was suddenly created, which was impressive but also raised questions. What were the limits of it? There had to be some kind or they would have things of this nature more commonly around the place waiting to be used. Though to be fair, there could be some hidden stash the group wasn't aware of which they stored various items that were useful in different ways.

    "Elder, is there any hard limits to making useful artifacts like this?" There had to be logically or it would be a auto 'I win' with anyone with half a bit of common sense.



    It seemed from observation that Ochazuke had some similar but different ability involving items, but she wasn't aware of specifics or how it worked. Possibly something to poke his brain about for later but right now there were more important things to worry about.

    "Elder Nail, is it possible it can determine location if we have a item that belonged to the person we're looking for? Or at least a guess?" It was a fair question, and possible if it worked how some scrying did, supposedly but until now she hadn't seen the real thing.
    "Doesn't the artifact work by detecting temporal distortions? Etrina knows a lot about time magic, more than I do any way. I bet she'd love to get a good look at this." Cyanna tried to take a closer look at the gift, "I bet the sigils used by the Elder were what shaped it's function. I'm curious about how accurate it is at a distance. Can it be fooled or misdirected?"
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  5. #110
    Fantastic Member Sion Reaver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    446

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Doesn't the artifact work by detecting temporal distortions? Etrina knows a lot about time magic, more than I do any way. I bet she'd love to get a good look at this." Cyanna tried to take a closer look at the gift, "I bet the sigils used by the Elder were what shaped it's function. I'm curious about how accurate it is at a distance. Can it be fooled or misdirected?"
    In response, the older woman shrugged slightly. "Good question, wouldn't know as this stuff is out of my sphere. Seems like Ochazuke is analyzing it so you probably have better luck asking them or Nail then me."

  6. #111
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "As good as your word." The grey Time Shard flickered in his left hand as it disappeared into the Chrono-Matrix Zurvan had imparted him. Just as soon as it found its resonance-register, so the pulse which animated the Dark Sphere from within ceased. Not a guideline, nor a linear path, but a blind, tangible notion of something unseen.

    But he had seen it. All around the moment shrank around his view with each passing breath.

    "I hardly imagine that this conjuring will be easy to explain." Raising the sphere before him, Ochazuke poured his sense into it, as he spoke seeking to unravel its inner matter through Banjakuza. "But you understand, it is quite difficult to use a compass to find an unmarked destination."
    “It will help point the way. Not here, but in your own timeline.”

    It appears to your senses to be pure magic latticed with flecks of temporal energy. A beautiful work of art and craftsmanship that seems to have a near endless reach.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  7. #112
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion Reaver View Post
    Aleka was silent as the magical item was suddenly created, which was impressive but also raised questions. What were the limits of it? There had to be some kind or they would have things of this nature more commonly around the place waiting to be used. Though to be fair, there could be some hidden stash the group wasn't aware of which they stored various items that were useful in different ways.

    "Elder, is there any hard limits to making useful artifacts like this?" There had to be logically or it would be a auto 'I win' with anyone with half a bit of common sense.



    It seemed from observation that Ochazuke had some similar but different ability involving items, but she wasn't aware of specifics or how it worked. Possibly something to poke his brain about for later but right now there were more important things to worry about.

    "Elder Nail, is it possible it can determine location if we have a item that belonged to the person we're looking for? Or at least a guess?" It was a fair question, and possible if it worked how some scrying did, supposedly but until now she hadn't seen the real thing.

    “The spell cannot be performed but thrice in one’s lifetime. Too much magic and too much energy required. That was my final time. Beyond that, the hard limits are that it cannot be a weapon or a tool meant to cause harm. The old Namekian magic is pacifistic in nature, and the roots of the spell are as such. As to finding someone, yes, the orb’s reach is vaster if it has a baseline or ‘clue’ if you will to follow.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #113
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    "Doesn't the artifact work by detecting temporal distortions? Etrina knows a lot about time magic, more than I do any way. I bet she'd love to get a good look at this." Cyanna tried to take a closer look at the gift, "I bet the sigils used by the Elder were what shaped it's function. I'm curious about how accurate it is at a distance. Can it be fooled or misdirected?"

    “It cannot be fooled or misdirected. It is True, and it’s nature cannot be deceived.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  9. #114
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “It cannot be fooled or misdirected. It is True, and it’s nature cannot be deceived.”
    "Kind of like particle entanglement, I think that's what it's called. When two particles are linked even over a great distance. You're artifact, we should really give it a name, is entangled with the Doctor so that it can react to temporal changes caused by him even over a great distance."

    Cyanna then thought on it, "We can call it the Artifact of Temporal Ensnarement, ATE for short."
    Last edited by Tami; 05-16-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  10. #115
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    At the very least, it seems the child and he was on the same mindset when it humanoids in general.

    He could barely stomach humans, the Gris-gris, Namekians, and Toadians made him annoyed over their pale attempts to replicate his kin's divine forms, speaking of, seeing his race's current depictions made him sorrowful and furious at the same time, but none were as horrific as that Acrosian hybrid abomination he fought.

    By the time Rex had gone down his tier list of which races in the order he hated the most, Cyanna had finished cleaning herself up and the Elder Namekian had done something at last. Apparently, he was done with his drivel and had finally given them what they wanted.

    "Now we can move on to more... productive tasks at hand." That's right, the baby id's projectile vomiting had distracted him from the task at hand.

    He was going to lighten their load before they returned.
    As the others busied themselves drooling over his artifact, Rex decided that would be a sufficient distraction enough to make his move. His grip on Erosa firmed up as he took a step forward and wind back his hand.

    "Enjoy your permanent stay on Namek" He hissed before proceeding to try and lob the baby id into the horizon with a baseball pitch.

  11. #116
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    As the others busied themselves drooling over his artifact, Rex decided that would be a sufficient distraction enough to make his move. His grip on Erosa firmed up as he took a step forward and wind back his hand.

    "Enjoy your permanent stay on Namek" He hissed before proceeding to try and lob the baby id into the horizon with a baseball pitch.
    "Gao?" Baby Erosa asked as Rex swing her arm back, firmly gripped onto her. He whispered his parting words and then swung forward with all his might to chuck the baby off into the distance horizon.

    In hindsight however, he should have skipped right to the throw.

    His whispered intent gave little Erosa time to realize the coming threat, and the wind up gave her time to act on. On the back swing the child nipped onto her gripping hand, flared its power and ignited her small, yet powerful version of Thanatos Drive....adding a sudden, powerful and more importantly unexpected burst of thrust in the same direction as Rexs wind up. Pulling his arm back with her, the child digs her feet into Charcos back, braces and twists her body in a way that would jerk his arm backwards and attempt to flip him wholesale around her into a heap.

  12. #117
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    "Gao?" Baby Erosa asked as Rex swing her arm back, firmly gripped onto her. He whispered his parting words and then swung forward with all his might to chuck the baby off into the distance horizon.

    In hindsight however, he should have skipped right to the throw.

    His whispered intent gave little Erosa time to realize the coming threat, and the wind up gave her time to act on. On the back swing the child nipped onto her gripping hand, flared its power and ignited her small, yet powerful version of Thanatos Drive....adding a sudden, powerful and more importantly unexpected burst of thrust in the same direction as Rexs wind up. Pulling his arm back with her, the child digs her feet into Charcos back, braces and twists her body in a way that would jerk his arm backwards and attempt to flip him wholesale around her into a heap.
    It was an odd sensation, being thrown by a baby. Her weight, practically nonexistent to Charco's body, made it feel like the entirety of reality had conspired against him as he was whipped backward towards a nearby hut.

    Damnedable human bodies!

    Rex had to fight back the urge to throw away his facade and go on the rampage, but for his mission (and pride), he suppressed it. Instead, he came to a stop just before impact, hovering in the air before gently landing on his feet. Going immediately on the attack, Charco's arms whipped upward in front of him, the speed of which creating a duo of vacuum blades that sliced through the air and ground towards the infant.

  13. #118
    Retired Overlord
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,501

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was an odd sensation, being thrown by a baby. Her weight, practically nonexistent to Charco's body, made it feel like the entirety of reality had conspired against him as he was whipped backward towards a nearby hut.

    Damnedable human bodies!

    Rex had to fight back the urge to throw away his facade and go on the rampage, but for his mission (and pride), he suppressed it. Instead, he came to a stop just before impact, hovering in the air before gently landing on his feet. Going immediately on the attack, Charco's arms whipped upward in front of him, the speed of which creating a duo of vacuum blades that sliced through the air and ground towards the infant.
    Dropping to the ground on all fours, the baby exploded with speed and agility that no baby has or should ever possess, especially for the sanity of parents everywhere. Her tiny frame was quick, and agile enough to quickly turn and maneuver around incoming threats. With a effortlessly leap to the side she bounced around the vaccum blades and accelerated towards Rex....bouncing from side to side as she approached and opening her mouth wide.....far far too wide. The jaw of a normal human would have snapped, let along a baby....but hers was more akin to a loaded trap, and once open several orbs with smaller but equally dangerous looking maws emerged from her mouth, expanded and flew towards Rex, the air filled with a horrible snapping of teeth.


  14. #119
    i blow u kis Yun Lao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,076

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Dropping to the ground on all fours, the baby exploded with speed and agility that no baby has or should ever possess, especially for the sanity of parents everywhere. Her tiny frame was quick, and agile enough to quickly turn and maneuver around incoming threats. With a effortlessly leap to the side she bounced around the vaccum blades and accelerated towards Rex....bouncing from side to side as she approached and opening her mouth wide.....far far too wide. The jaw of a normal human would have snapped, let along a baby....but hers was more akin to a loaded trap, and once open several orbs with smaller but equally dangerous looking maws emerged from her mouth, expanded and flew towards Rex, the air filled with a horrible snapping of teeth.
    The infant was finally showing her true form, or at least, an aspect of it; Rex was jealous that she had the freedom to do so. That didn't mean he didn't have his own tricks to pull.

    Faint whispers, hisses, groans, and screams could be heard as the air before Rex solidified into a shield-like construct comprised of a gray, smoke like energy. It was fukushuu, the energy of the regretful and vengeful dead and the warped remaints of the Hakai the dinosaur had once consumed. To most creatures, the merest of touches from the abnormal energy burned like acid and continued to eat at their flesh like venom, but to an id like Erosa, it remained to be seen of its results.

    The only downside, on this occasion, was that it was so much harder to conjure on such a peaceful world. He most likely could only use it once or twice more before the strain of seeking it out was far more than the result's worth.

  15. #120
    Astonishing Member KingofPie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    Dropping to the ground on all fours, the baby exploded with speed and agility that no baby has or should ever possess, especially for the sanity of parents everywhere. Her tiny frame was quick, and agile enough to quickly turn and maneuver around incoming threats. With a effortlessly leap to the side she bounced around the vaccum blades and accelerated towards Rex....bouncing from side to side as she approached and opening her mouth wide.....far far too wide. The jaw of a normal human would have snapped, let along a baby....but hers was more akin to a loaded trap, and once open several orbs with smaller but equally dangerous looking maws emerged from her mouth, expanded and flew towards Rex, the air filled with a horrible snapping of teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    The infant was finally showing her true form, or at least, an aspect of it; Rex was jealous that she had the freedom to do so. That didn't mean he didn't have his own tricks to pull.

    Faint whispers, hisses, groans, and screams could be heard as the air before Rex solidified into a shield-like construct comprised of a gray, smoke like energy. It was fukushuu, the energy of the regretful and vengeful dead and the warped remaints of the Hakai the dinosaur had once consumed. To most creatures, the merest of touches from the abnormal energy burned like acid and continued to eat at their flesh like venom, but to an id like Erosa, it remained to be seen of its results.

    The only downside, on this occasion, was that it was so much harder to conjure on such a peaceful world. He most likely could only use it once or twice more before the strain of seeking it out was far more than the result's worth.
    "Oh shit!" Sasheem exclaimed, happening upon Charco trying to murder a demon baby. Finally some entertainment in this dull ass rock.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •