Page 87 of 208 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 3109
  1. #1291

    Default

    He pushed his way into the kitchen, and a wash of heat blew past him. Someone was already in here, and his thoughts on these matters were swiftly cut out by a chorus of sizzling pans and produce tumbled out of a colander into the sink.

    "Oh, brother! How are you?"

    Up and down the narrow laneways of the Lookout kitchen, Zaofan zipped between each makeshift station. Fussing each hissing pan twice over, prodding their contents with whatever impliment he had nearby, Ochazuke saw the Chef's eyes widen obsessively as he stared intently at the fire crackle and surface sizzle, as if looking at it would will the sear to completion or bring a boil any nearer to fruition

    Glancing over his shoulder, Ochazuke spotted the weighted Z cape laying in a heap in the entrance. The hook from the coatrack was torn clean off where it poked upward from underneath it.

    "Just the person I need!" Zaofan called out as he beat a whisk into a sauce with such vigour it climbed into a tower of fouette. "We can't win on an empty stomach after all, ha ha!"

    At the far end of the room a large, flat pan sat ominously over a pile of wood. Ochazuke widened his eyes, murmured something under his breath and sighed. Unfurling his traveller's cloak from his shoulders and the bloodied wraps upon his hands, he resigned himself to washing his hands.

    Despite the fact that they'd eaten only hours ago and both of them had only just returned.

    __


    "Have you got that fillet going? You'll need to hit them from both sides." A dusting of some spice mixture hit the underside of the game bird, and nestled in between Zaofan's hands was vigourously worked in to the meat. The reply came in the hollow tack of metal falling upon wood as a pile of peppers were soon fallen to ribbons.

    "In a moment." Ochazuke flipped the cleaver in his hand and swept strips of vegetables onto a plate.

    "Ah-ah, we should know, 'time waits for no man'," Slapping the last bit of meat into a gathered pile, Zaofan's should slumped a little, before he spun about, dashed his hands under scalding hot water pouring from the faucet and scrubbed them around the towel that hung limply over his shoulder before examining his work. "Nice julienne! Told you the big knife, it's a multitasker!"

    Pulling two knives out of a block, Zaofan set to work on preparing different cuts of meat with exacting precision - and using both hands. Ochazuke slowed his progress on an onion to watch him work, a dervish of clipping, quick incisions, and cartilagenous cracks of joints separated bone and skin from the prime material. If he hadn't chosen the culinary life or martial life, perhaps he could have been a surgeon.

    "We only work with what we have, I suppose," the martial artist said to the chef, as he reached over with the flat of the cleaver. Bones, ends, and useless things gathered into a pile, he carried them over to the steaming vat against the wall. "Make the most of our means."

    The martial chef said nothing, but his perennial smile seemed to curdle momentarily. "Consomme." Stuck in a boil for hours, this would became the stock to boost something else.

    "Wellsir, onto the next step, we're going to need a few sacks of shortgrain rice-"

    The 'puff' of a stovetop element rang out in the kitchen. Ochazuke killed the light of one of the stations, and a grey smoke twisted up towards the ceiling. "You've burned the eggs"

    "Well...half of most modern recipes are made of accidents, I suppose. There's always a chance to fail upwards-"

    "You were poaching them."

    "No, I've got to-"

    "Zao, stop."

    One by one, they slowly killed the dozen or so burners in the kitchen. Zaofan whipped the towel from his shoulder, wringing it between his hands before dabbing it across his forehead. Perched halfway on a stool over the counter, he slumped over with a low sigh.

    "Talk to me. What is this-" he gestured to the dying sizzle and simmer around them . "-all this about?"

    The martial chef folded his arms and scrunched his face, his posture bunched where he sat, before ultimately clicking his tongue once as a glazed expression fell on his face.

    "...alternate worlds, alternate timelines." Of course. "and alternate...other us-es, you know? -hand me that can?"

    By his feet, Ochazuke tread near a portion of tomatoes in a foodservice size about the size of a paintcan, one among several others. He picked it up, but rather than hand it off, took the long way around as he seized a kettle to make a boil - and the brew he came in for.

    "...anyway...I don't know. I've been thinking, you ever wonder why things are the way they are? Could they have been different somehow if only we decided at one moment to got another way?" The chef spread his hands wide, thin fingers balanced as if to juggle some invisible jellylike thing before he sputtered. "What are we even doing here?"

  2. #1292

    Default

    In her lab at Capsule, Corp Praxat finishes making her back up goggles." Okay, the backup goggles finish now all that is left is to do a maintenance check, " Praxat said. Praxat takes out her engineering analysis tools and checks for defects and flaws. She does a thorough analysis of her back up goggles and collects the data.

    "Okay according to my data there are a few kinks in these backup combat goggles I need to iron out," Praxat said. Praxat gets to work on ironing out the kinks in her backup combat goggles.

  3. #1293
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,568

    Default

    It was like a dive, in an aquatic mine.

    Held had marveled at the size and splendor of the ship before, during better times. But, having to navigate underwater, in the deep darkness of its tattered remains gave him a new appreciation for it. He had always been a...serviceable swimmer, but it had been some time since he had dived, let alone in the confines of what had now been turned into a large, underwater coffin.

    The pale yellow of the emergency lights only sporadically pierced the darkness, before being swallowed by it. The flashlight on the side of his belt helped, as he studied the familiar markings of a ship he had traveled in constantly.

    Firstly, he stopped at the engine room, making sure that all but auxiliary power was shut down. It was unlikely Jinzi didn't take any sort of engine failure into account, but a little additional caution never hurt. The Nevadian pushed a few buttons slowly, before pulling a lever. The faint humming that had reverberated within the ship slowly died, and now both silence and darkness were his companions.

    He floated in the water for a moment, his light focused on a schematic to help him gain his bearings. After a moments study, he continued on his quest.

    His sense of time had been thrown off by the endevour. Swimming was far more arduous than walking, and far slower. Were it a less delicate situation, he might have used his energy to propel him through the water, but all that might accomplish here, would perhaps be to rock the already sensitive ship, and perhaps send it plunging deeper into the depths.

    After what seemed like an eternity, he reached the cockpit, the lights still humming faintly, as some controls blinked in and out of consciousness, desperately in need of stabilization.

    If he were able to, he would have sighed, or rubbed his eyebrows. The re-breather and googles made doing both difficult, if not impossible, so he contented himself with a mental sigh.

    The emergency broadcast was the first thing he disabled. There was hardly any point to it, was there? Held knew exactly where his ship was, and was in the process of rescuing it--Admittedly, Jinzi would have to do most of the heavy lifting, but it was likely a trivial task to him.

    And it was unlikely any good samaritan would show up with a tractor beam, and simply whisk his troubles away.

    The Nevadian pulled at a nearby compartment, slowly prying it open, a cascade of bubbles escaping as he did. He reached inwards, a single searching arm, fumbling for something. Soon enough, he found it, and a second arm reached inwards, as he began to pry mightily, and his prize came free, secure in his hands.

    A large, black rectangular object was pulled free, as he studied it, finding it to be completely undamaged.

    From there, things proceeded swiftly. The box was placed in a capsule, and the ships controls were taken entirely offline, allowing the Galloping a well deserved rest.

    His tasks complete, he swam back the way he came.

  4. #1294
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Ochazuke lowered his head, shaking it back and forth as a low grumble escaped him, but for a long stretch he said nothing.

    Reaching over his head, he undid his bandana, still damp with cold sweat, and brushed a hand over his face.

    "Can you archive the record? Pantaloon must know about this," he said, before he remembered himself. "Where is Karis?"
    ďDone...and done. I can send....copies to Jinzi and...anyone else you need. Karis is safely tucked...away for now.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  5. #1295
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    "Holy shit..." Emotional whiplash struck the boy as he went from preparing for the worst to relief. Exhaling, he nodded in response to Eva's words, "Yeah, we should hurry before he undoes... whatever you just did."
    She smiles, touches both, and they reappear in all places, the kitchen on the Lookout beside Ochazuke and Zaofan.

    She stumbles and goes down to one knee, sweat on her brow.

    ďOh, that banishment spell took...took a lot out of me.Ē
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  6. #1296
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    And just as quickly, Sarada forgot about everything. "Ah yeah! It's time to train!!" Training with Ishtar was always intense, but this time, they wouldn't be holding back – she assumed. They'd be going full throttle, Super Saiyan vs Hakai form. She could hardly wait!

    "So, where are we throwing down? Right here is way too dangerous, right?"
    Before Ishtar has a chance to respond to Sarada about the particulars of their fight-to-be, Zurvan approached. No doubt to speak toward either the engagement -- and the killing of -- her Alter's clone; or toward the matter that saw fit to draw Nunlil, Enoki, the Ronin Kai, and ... the Fallen, away. So instead she just caressed her Little Love's cheek, and offered a sigh.

    "After this, hopefully."

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She smiles, blows a kiss to her daughter, then seemingly steps sideways (almost two dimensionally) and vanishes.

    Asha’rah and those going on their mission have also left, so Zurvan approaches Ishtar.
    "Hello, Zurvan." The Oni responded, before he'd finished his approach. "What is it you have come to discuss ?"
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  7. #1297
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Before Ishtar has a chance to respond to Sarada about the particulars of their fight-to-be, Zurvan approached. No doubt to speak toward either the engagement -- and the killing of -- her Alter's clone; or toward the matter that saw fit to draw Nunlil, Enoki, the Ronin Kai, and ... the Fallen, away. So instead she just caressed her Little Love's cheek, and offered a sigh.

    "After this, hopefully."



    "Hello, Zurvan." The Oni responded, before he'd finished his approach. "What is it you have come to discuss ?"
    “Two things, if you’ll humor me. The first is the mission that just left, and the second is your new form.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  8. #1298
    The Tentacle God Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Dead City of R'lyeh
    Posts
    17,885

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Two things, if you’ll humor me. The first is the mission that just left, and the second is your new form.”
    "It is not as if you would mislead me now," Ishtar replied with a shrug. "Plus, I am curious to know about both regardless ... do as you will, just know Sarada will be listening in as well." The Oni added, with a gesture toward her love. The two shared everything after all, there was little sense keeping her out of the loop. Especially now.
    "... and when the Golden Toad started to sing, there was no turning back." - grampagen (Ochazuke)

    "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

  9. #1299
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "It is not as if you would mislead me now," Ishtar replied with a shrug. "Plus, I am curious to know about both regardless ... do as you will, just know Sarada will be listening in as well." The Oni added, with a gesture toward her love. The two shared everything after all, there was little sense keeping her out of the loop. Especially now.
    He nods.

    “Your form.......your potentially truly unlocked. Be careful with it as you can, Daughter. It is potent but dangerous. Hakai is dangerous to train with, and usually only Angels train God’s of Destruction in its use. As such, a gift.”

    Zurvan hands Ishtar a small blue book.

    “Before the universes were separated, a good friend and Angel named Whis wrote a training manual if you will. I still have a copy of it so now I bequeath it to you. It has the basics of training with Hakai. Please read it and be careful. Sparring in that form until you master it is dangerous.”

    “As to Asha’rah’s mission, Sihn informed me that Shimmer discovered a relic of days gone past in his search of the missing transformed objects. Arthur, Earth’s first Guardian, was gifted a powerful blade by Asha’rah. Shimmer found it and now they go to retrieve it. She cannot use the blade but it’s protections can only be bypassed by her power so it may be picked up by another.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  10. #1300
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    She smiles, touches both, and they reappear in all places, the kitchen on the Lookout beside Ochazuke and Zaofan.

    She stumbles and goes down to one knee, sweat on her brow.

    “Oh, that banishment spell took...took a lot out of me.”
    Sensing the return of Eva and Charco, Dash stands back up and slowly, lazily heads towards them.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  11. #1301
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Sensing the return of Eva and Charco, Dash stands back up and slowly, lazily heads towards them.
    The two, alongside Ochazuke and Zaofan, are found in the kitchen.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  12. #1302
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The two, alongside Ochazuke and Zaofan, are found in the kitchen.
    Entering the kitchen, Dash nods to each, hesitating slightly longer in gaze of Zaofan, but then turning her attention to Eva and Charco. "Hey, ah'm lookin for Cyanna. Ah don't suppose either of you had seen her lately?"

    As Dash speaks, a swarm of magical, prismatic butterflies made of light fly into the kitchen and gather near Eva. As they do, they pass on their message to the Guardian regading Cyanna's decision to train with Morgana.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  13. #1303
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hellís Brigade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    House Deathstalker
    Posts
    9,061

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Entering the kitchen, Dash nods to each, hesitating slightly longer in gaze of Zaofan, but then turning her attention to Eva and Charco. "Hey, ah'm lookin for Cyanna. Ah don't suppose either of you had seen her lately?"

    As Dash speaks, a swarm of magical, prismatic butterflies made of light fly into the kitchen and gather near Eva. As they do, they pass on their message to the Guardian regading Cyanna's decision to train with Morgana.
    The winded Guardian nods.

    “She’s.....she’s training right now. With my friend, Morgana.”
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SOís Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

  14. #1304
    Guardian Empress of Earth Tami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    21,376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    The winded Guardian nods.

    “She’s.....she’s training right now. With my friend, Morgana.”
    A raised eyebrow, followed by a slight smirk, "Why ahm ah not surprised. When Cya wants somethin nothin stands in her way of gettin it. Ah'll let Megan know about it, am sure she won't mind. Thanks." Dash then looks closely, and with concern, at Eva, "Are you alright? You look like you just ran a marathon."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn or imaginatively created.

  15. #1305
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Earthrealm
    Posts
    13,291

    Default

    It appeared that a crowd was growing in the kitchen. Parsley didn't wish to linger any longer than she needed to, even though the food Ochazuke and Zaofan had been preparing was making her second guess herself. She stood from her seat, notebook in hand, and approached the growing crowd.

    "When you get a moment," she said to Ochazuke, "look over this and add anything that I missed." She handed him the notebook, already opened to the extensive notes she recorded. "We only have a few hours before we leave for The Doctor. I would prefer to bring everyone up to speed and make sure we're all on the same page before then."

    With that said, she reached over and grabbed a handful of meats and shoved them into her mouth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •