Page 90 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 4408
    Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Eva shrugs to Ochazuke as Dash leads her out.

“Under the ocean, half the planet away. As to who else may know....that is beyond my grasp and knowledge. Hopefully not...many.”

Ochazuke, her spirit, her soul energy (much like the cost to the Kihoko or the legendary Mafuba), her life essence was used to power her banishment spell. It is dangerously low.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    "There's one more thing," Ochazuke said as he rendered the line after line in quick succession.

Upon a clipboard, a grid was drawn in red on the back of an old diagnostic sheet. Atop there was a pattern of blue that snaked across its surface from one specifically numbered point to the next.

"Something for your trouble, Wilhelm." He folded in the long edges inward, and the picture became clear. A rough facsimile of the Cryo-tube's canopy and the patterned code for its hidden touch interface inlaid therein.

"You've kept her safe across worlds, even one as fitful as this one." With a small nod, he handed the safe's elusive combination to its keeper. "It is only right that after all this, you be reunited, at your discretion."
    He smiles and there are tears in the corner of his eyes. He carefully takes and stores the paper away.

“After the Doctor...is defeated. I would...especially...like you and Jinzi there...when she wakes up. You have both...helped...more than you can know. Thank you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Eva shrugs to Ochazuke as Dash leads her out.

“Under the ocean, half the planet away. As to who else may know....that is beyond my grasp and knowledge. Hopefully not...many.”

Ochazuke, her spirit, her soul energy (much like the cost to the Kihoko or the legendary Mafuba), her life essence was used to power her banishment spell. It is dangerously low.
    Unaware of how precarious Eva's condition is, Dash lead her to her room and placed her on the edge of her bed. Despite not having enough sight to see more than her Ki levels being low, Dash's intuition kicked in as she pulled up a chair alongside the bed. "Is there anything ah can do for you? Ah mean, ah'll stay here with you but ah'm no healer. If you need one, ah can find one for you."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Unaware of how precarious Eva's condition is, Dash lead her to her room and placed her on the edge of her bed. Despite not having enough sight to see more than her Ki levels being low, Dash's intuition kicked in as she pulled up a chair alongside the bed. "Is there anything ah can do for you? Ah mean, ah'll stay here with you but ah'm no healer. If you need one, ah can find one for you."
    “Just....just need rest. But, tell me...if yourself, Dash. How has...training been going?”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

“Just....just need rest. But, tell me...if yourself, Dash. How has...training been going?”
    Taking the chair, turning it around and sitting on it backwards, her arms resting on the backrest, "Ah haven't had much time for training." a sad wistfulness in her voice, "Mah responsibilities helpin Meg have kept me busy. Ah do try to keep up with it on mah own as much as ah can, but ah kinda feel like ah hit a wall. Meg thinks that it's due to the limitations that came from being an Apprentice."

Dash then stood up and turned the chair back to normal, sitting on it again and leaning forward slightly, "Meg an ah have talked about it. Seems Lady Iris had very strict ideas regarding behaviors of Apprentices. She had set it up so that her Guardian Apprentice would be restricted in certain ways. Unfortunately Iris never had a chance to work out the bugs before she died."

Leaning back, "Meg hasn't been able to figure out how to undo this. All she can do is rescind the Apprenticeship. Ah'm gonna take her up on her offer, eventually. Still, ah can't blame all that on my falling behind. Ah think when ah hit that wall, when ah stopped getting stronger, faster, ah just kinda got frustrated."
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Before eating her prime rump roast. Althena grabs some salt and spreads it across the roast as if to bless it. She then places her hands as if in prayer." Oh, great Maangos please blessed this food I'm about to dine on. Remove it of any impurities it may have, and purified it. ," Althena said.

Althena then faces westward and starts eating her prime rump roast ripping a chunk out of it with her razor-sharp teeth,"

Praxat finishes her bowl of food." Dammit, Qaztoh needs to get her ass out of her room and eat. ) Praxat thought.

Praxat calls out to Qaztoh at an infrasound frequency." Qaztoh, get your royal ass out of your room and come to the kitchen right now. I know you can hear me Qaztoh. So you better come to the kitchen this instant or I will drag your ass here," Praxat said at a frequency of 10 hertz.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

He nods.

“Your form.......your potentially truly unlocked. Be careful with it as you can, Daughter. It is potent but dangerous. Hakai is dangerous to train with, and usually only Angels train God’s of Destruction in its use. As such, a gift.”

Zurvan hands Ishtar a small blue book.

“Before the universes were separated, a good friend and Angel named Whis wrote a training manual if you will. I still have a copy of it so now I bequeath it to you. It has the basics of training with Hakai. Please read it and be careful. Sparring in that form until you master it is dangerous.”

“As to Asha’rah’s mission, Sihn informed me that Shimmer discovered a relic of days gone past in his search of the missing transformed objects. Arthur, Earth’s first Guardian, was gifted a powerful blade by Asha’rah. Shimmer found it and now they go to retrieve it. She cannot use the blade but it’s protections can only be bypassed by her power so it may be picked up by another.”
    Ishtar took the book, and appraised it briefly before shaking her head. "The headaches this might have saved, had it been put to use sooner." Though when she heard from where it hailed, the Oni quirked an eyebrow.

"Though considering its heritage ... that it exists at all to be read in Sealed-away Space is ... a gift. So thank you, Zurvan."

That said, Ishtar set the book, and the tidbit about an Angel from the unsealed Universes -- Whis -- aside when Zurvan shifted focus to Asha'rah's 'Quest' ; and when the matter was revealed in full the Oni let slip an exasperated sigh. "So let me state it plain. Asha'rah created a weapon that she cannot use, yet it was sealed away and can only be made useable -- though not by her -- ... by her alone ?"

The Oni pinched the bridge of her nose.

"She would have been better served as a God of Convoluted Ideas. For all she creates, is headaches." Still. It was better knowing, than not knowing, and with Sarada in the know as well it made things easier come nighttime.

"With the others though, I suspect she will be reticent to engage in anything overly idiotic, and yet ..." the Oni frowned. "What is this sword capable of and why is it so important to retrieve if it cannot be used by anyone currently ?"
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    After he examined the Dragonball, he passed it to Parsley. At her remark, a low chuckle escaped Ochazuke as he shook his head. The more things change, the more they seem the same.

"If only we could. Tiamat's strength is limited to this one planet, those cannot be destroyed," he said firmly. "Alakazah, if he is the creation of the Lord of All Things, likely has a deeper acquaintance with the Eternal."

Ochazuke pushed a spatula under the bed of rice. Scraping the pan to the bottom, he lift one portion after another into servings. "However, there's another issue. When the wish is granted, the spheres scatter. It is a very big universe, who else knows about the origin of things?" Though the lion's share of burdens fell upon the Earth, despite how close it was to his heart, it was after all one planet among many. "Who else might be watching, waiting for a chance to twist fate with the knowledge of fallen gods?"
    Parsley filled her three bowls with food and sat down nearby. "Our enemies seem to crawl out of the woodwork. Though, we can take solace that the number of eligible wish-makers is seemingly small. The limitation that he needs a contemporary to grant him freedom works in our favor." Because thus far, the only people he listed were among their number, with the exception of one. The Frost Demon who had once counted himself among their number prior to her arrival on Earth could be dealt with easily enough, she assumed.

That left few players out of their reach. Auroc being one, Sakin another. She hadn't forgotten the latter's existence, even if he hadn't exactly done anything vile -- that she was aware of -- since the Rebellion.

However, she refrained from saying more until she gave thought to the latter comment. Eva had only just then been called to the green-star dragonball. Alakazah was the father of the dragons, and it was reasonable to infer that meant his reach was far wider than any regular dragon. Ochazuke's remarks made her believe that this was the only dragonball of his on Earth. "I cannot speak to who is privy to the true origin of matters, but I perhaps know of only two. Sakin for one, and Auroc for another. It just so happens that they both can be considered contemporaries of Alakazah."
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Ishtar took the book, and appraised it briefly before shaking her head. "The headaches this might have saved, had it been put to use sooner." Though when she heard from where it hailed, the Oni quirked an eyebrow.

"Though considering its heritage ... that it exists at all to be read in Sealed-away Space is ... a gift. So thank you, Zurvan."

That said, Ishtar set the book, and the tidbit about an Angel from the unsealed Universes -- Whis -- aside when Zurvan shifted focus to Asha'rah's 'Quest' ; and when the matter was revealed in full the Oni let slip an exasperated sigh. "So let me state it plain. Asha'rah created a weapon that she cannot use, yet it was sealed away and can only be made useable -- though not by her -- ... by her alone ?"

"She would have been better served as a God of Convoluted Ideas. For all she creates, is headaches." Still. It was better knowing, than not knowing, and with Sarada in the know as well it made things easier come nighttime.

"With the others though, I suspect she will be reticent to engage in anything overly idiotic, and yet ..." the Oni frowned. "What is this sword capable of and why is it so important to retrieve if it cannot be used by anyone currently ?"
    What Zurvan wanted to discuss with Ishtar was that he had a book on Hakai training from some guy named Whis to give to her. Why he chose right then instead of days ago to give it to her was a mystery, but these gods all worked in stupid and mysterious ways. Ishtar agreed, but was still grateful.

What she was really interested in was the mission that Asha'rah had enlisted her Aunt in. It was to retrieve a sword given to the fallen goddess by some man named Arthur, supposedly Earth's first guardian. The tricky thing was that while the sword was created by Asha'rah and her power was required to release it from whatever was keeping it in place, she couldn't actually wield it. Which, as Ishtar so helpfully pointed out, was stupid.

Ah, well. In all likelihood, one of them would be able to wield it, so it was only a matter of who.

She wanted to speak up, but something caught her attention.

"Holy ****!" she uttered before breaking off into a sprint toward the kitchen. All else was forgotten when pie was in her sight. She blew by the miniature Sasheem clone and nearly ran Zaofan over. With so many rival predators lurking around every corner, she couldn't stay in the kitchen and expect to be able to eat in peace. With that in mind, she sprint through the kitchen and grabbed the delicious bacon pie as she passed by. Doubling back, she snatched one of the three bowls Parsley selfishly hoarded for herself on her way out the door.

"THANKSZAOFANYOU'RETHEBESTHUMAN!" she yelled from down the hall. Now, to find a secluded room so I can eat in peace without any assholes barging into bother me!
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post

“It is like this: she created the blade for Arthur and his bloodline, so not even other deities, herself included, may wield it. Only Arthur’s line may use it. If it ever fell from their line, default wards would prevent its ill use or even its touch. Asha’rah created those wards and now is the only one who can break them so the blade may be properly retrieved. However, Shimmer has informed us of an unsavory bit of magic that could be wrought upon it. Arthur’s hands were taken from his body apparently, when he went to confront the parasite that Sakin created. They have sense been turned into necromantic Hands of Glory, able to theoretically move the weapon. If further enchanted by someone like Marduk or other accomplished blood sorcerers, it could be made to work once more through those hands. So Asha’rah goes to break the unmovable wards and the rest go to retrieve the blade from its resting place before it can be stolen.”

He looks around and spots Jack in the distance.

“And there are still two on this planet that share blood with Arthur who could wield it if necessary.”
    Last edited by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade; 08-19-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

Retired Overlord

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    "Holy ****!" she uttered before breaking off into a sprint toward the kitchen. All else was forgotten when pie was in her sight. She blew by the miniature Sasheem clone and nearly ran Zaofan over. With so many rival predators lurking around every corner, she couldn't stay in the kitchen and expect to be able to eat in peace. With that in mind, she sprint through the kitchen and grabbed the delicious bacon pie as she passed by. Doubling back, she snatched one of the three bowls Parsley selfishly hoarded for herself on her way out the door.

"THANKSZAOFANYOU'RETHEBESTHUMAN!" she yelled from down the hall. Now, to find a secluded room so I can eat in peace without any assholes barging into bother me!
    As fate would have it....her escape route took her into the hall where not several minutes earlier was an innocent robot forced to submit tribute.

Baby Erosa was the first to see her coming, extending her short pointer finger and let out her raiding battlecry.

"BACON~GAO!"

Suddenly her hallway escape route was blocked by several Erosas, leering with their tongues out while advancing slowly towards her. "Hey-eroo....What you doing with that pie. You gonna share a piece with us." Erosa Pupa cracked her knuckles while Adult Erosa swung a chain over her head and Baby Erosa flipped out a switchblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Taking the chair, turning it around and sitting on it backwards, her arms resting on the backrest, "Ah haven't had much time for training." a sad wistfulness in her voice, "Mah responsibilities helpin Meg have kept me busy. Ah do try to keep up with it on mah own as much as ah can, but ah kinda feel like ah hit a wall. Meg thinks that it's due to the limitations that came from being an Apprentice."

Dash then stood up and turned the chair back to normal, sitting on it again and leaning forward slightly, "Meg an ah have talked about it. Seems Lady Iris had very strict ideas regarding behaviors of Apprentices. She had set it up so that her Guardian Apprentice would be restricted in certain ways. Unfortunately Iris never had a chance to work out the bugs before she died."

Leaning back, "Meg hasn't been able to figure out how to undo this. All she can do is rescind the Apprenticeship. Ah'm gonna take her up on her offer, eventually. Still, ah can't blame all that on my falling behind. Ah think when ah hit that wall, when ah stopped getting stronger, faster, ah just kinda got frustrated."
    She nods and smiles encouragingly.

“I think you should go with them to confront the Doctor. I feel...I feel you are not done yet, Dash. There are other things awaiting you.”
    Black Knight of SO
    CBR GM/DM

"Epoooo!" the Miniature Sasheem screeched as it was trampled by a sudden new challenger that laid claim to the pie....Sarada. Of course it was her. "Ofooji jarbjarba..." the miniature muttered ominously as it gave chase...and beneath it, the floor rumbled...

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post
    As fate would have it....her escape route took her into the hall where not several minutes earlier was an innocent robot forced to submit tribute.

Baby Erosa was the first to see her coming, extending her short pointer finger and let out her raiding battlecry.

"BACON~GAO!"

Suddenly her hallway escape route was blocked by several Erosas, leering with their tongues out while advancing slowly towards her. "Hey-eroo....What you doing with that pie. You gonna share a piece with us." Erosa Pupa cracked her knuckles while Adult Erosa swung a chain over her head and Baby Erosa flipped out a switchblade.
    "PIIIIIE!" the Miniature Majin screamed, leaping at Sarada and beginninf to gnaw on her leg. The floor tiles of the lookout began to shake a little, before a tide of pink erupted from it, Dozens of minatue Majin burst forth, beginning to crawl on Sarada, biting and punching her with tiny fists.

"Stoopid monkey!" they shouted in unison. "Give Pie!"

Quote Originally Posted by MrSandman View Post

"BACON~GAO!"

Just her luck. Not one *******, but five ******* appeared to get in her way and deprive her of the full enjoyment of Zaofan's tasty pie. Sarada placed the bowl on the ground and wrapped her tail around the pie for safe keeping. Then, keeping all five Erosas in her sights, she oriented herself to face all of them and cracked her knuckles.

"Get lost if you know what's good for you," she stated menacingly.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    "Epoooo!" the Miniature Sasheem screeched as it was trampled by a sudden new challenger that laid claim to the pie....Sarada. Of course it was her. "Ofooji jarbjarba..." the miniature muttered ominously as it gave chase...and beneath it, the floor rumbled...

"PIIIIIE!" the Miniature Majin screamed, leaping at Sarada and beginninf to gnaw on her leg. The floor tiles of the lookout began to shake a little, before a tide of pink erupted from it, Dozens of minatue Majin burst forth, beginning to crawl on Sarada, biting and punching her with tiny fists.

"Stoopid monkey!" they shouted in unison. "Give Pie!"
    "WHAT THE--" she managed before she was swallowed up by a wave of mini Sasheems. Just her fucking luck. She would have been better off just eating it in the kitchen.

"No! Never!" Her tail curled around to her mouth. Wait, I got it! It was the pie these idiots wanted, not her. All she had to do was pit them against each other, then she could get away Scot free. Heheh, it was brilliant.

"Grrr," she growled as she slid the pie halfway between herself and the Erosas. With any hope, they and the Sasheems would be too busy fighting each other to notice her get away with the pie once it all got started. "Fine, take it assholes!"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-19-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    The miniature blinked. Before he could fully comprehend what happened...a flash of red and....bubbl-AAARGH?!

Soap, hot soap covered him, got into his eyes, distracting him from his prize. He could've made off with the ultimate treasure and taken it to his bigger self but nooooooo. The chef had to get in the way!

"Porkloin!" The miniature swore. "Ababababadozygaaaa!" he cried as he fell backwards out of the windowsill, rubbing his eyes...but during his quick descent he had realized something. His nose still worked perfectly fine.

The scent of the pie still powerful, he directed his arms in that direction and quickly stretched them forward, towards the bacon covered pastry. His goal was still attainable!
    Pork loin?!

"Say that to my face, you ham-hock!"

Tossing the detergent deftly into the sink, Zaofan leapt forward and artfully dived out the open kitchen window. Neatly twisting over the rows of cooling pies and casseroles - the near-boiling filling would neither touch his face, not his heel clip the crusts as he passed - he tossed the rolling pin upwards as he moved to guard the food from the minature Sasheem's hands as they stretched swiftly forward. He seized the outstretched arms by the wrists and planted his feet.

"Intercepted!" As he sunk his thin fingers into the pliable Majin matter, something struck the chef's instincts. This texture, the knead, the stretch-!

"Have you know shame, man?! You stole the Digestif before the Aperatif! The Primo before the Insalata!"

A determined shine overtook his eyes even as a darkness fell over his face.

Shi-fu...I promised never to misuse the teachings...however...

With a great effort, Zaofan threw himself fowards, whipping Sasheem's arms and twist with the momentum.

I can't feed anybody if there's nothing left!

"108 STRANDS: LANZHOU NOODLE PULL!"

Unfortunately, at the decisive moment, the Martial Chef was caught unaware he was caught between a ravenous territorial dispute! As Sarada rushed in to get the whole pie, he was swiftly overtaken and launched upwards, breaking his hold.