Page 92 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142192 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 4408
    Astonishing Member

The ascent up and out of the ship, was far swifter than the descent.

Perhaps it was because he had time to gain his bearings, or perhaps it was because he could allow himself the luxury of floating upwards from time to time, as opposed to having to force himself to go deeper and deeper into the interior of the ship. Or perhaps he found himself energized from a job well done.

No matter the case, Held glided through the water as if he was born for it, the darkness of the manmade cavern ignored as all the twists and turns of the ship had been ingrained into his memory.

Until he collided rather painfully with a wall that should not have been there, knocking himself senseless. Beneath the daze, he swore he could feel the ship sway, although that might have been his facilities.

Fucking Hell...Did I make a wrong turn? I don't think...

He shone the light upon the wall.

Of course. During the power down sequence a door from the engine room to the cargo bay had sealed itself. It couldn't be /too/ easy, he supposed.

He adjusted himself, bracing his body as he gripped the door, preparing to force it open.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of HellÂ’s Brigade View Post
    Eva shrugs to Ochazuke as Dash leads her out.

“Under the ocean, half the planet away. As to who else may know....that is beyond my grasp and knowledge. Hopefully not...many.”
    "And you say it...called to you..."

Of all the information yet gathered about the Dragon among them, the emergence of this presented a new layer to the battles over the horizon. And on the eve of their odyssey through Time, a sinking feeling flooded through him. Ochazuke cut through layers of rice grains and took a reserved bite. A war fought across six worlds only to allow this one to continue on its course.

Ochazuke, her spirit, her soul energy (much like the cost to the Kihoko or the legendary Mafuba), her life essence was used to power her banishment spell. It is dangerously low.
    As he beheld the diminishment of Evangeline's unspoken malady, the scars rent across his own soul beat with a familiar dull ache, and the essence that kept his heart beating moved silently, icily in his veins.

He knew it well, that hidden wellspring of power and will brought to bear, to behold fear and by standing firm, oppose it.

To seize decisive mastery of the moment, the cost of the technique is a price paid in time. What was the power of a Kami next to an unyoked mover of reality itself? If it taxed even the spark of Creation that the Guardian bore within her, it spoke not only to the sheer power Alakazah's mortal shell still contained and the magnitude of difference between them, but to the Guardian's decisive conviction. To protect Charco, for the sake of world under her watch, no sacrifice was too great against even the shade of the usurper wreathed in fire and shadow.

The thread of Fate tied to your hand. Was this part of your Golden Path as well? Had her divine vision accounted for this?

"Even for one of your station-," he said, glowering as he stirred his portion, a small shiver at his fingertips. The damage was done; there was no getting it back. "-take care not to overextend yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Parsley filled her three bowls with food and sat down nearby. "Our enemies seem to crawl out of the woodwork. Though, we can take solace that the number of eligible wish-makers is seemingly small. The limitation that he needs a contemporary to grant him freedom works in our favor." Because thus far, the only people he listed were among their number, with the exception of one. The Frost Demon who had once counted himself among their number prior to her arrival on Earth could be dealt with easily enough, she assumed.

That left few players out of their reach. Auroc being one, Sakin another. She hadn't forgotten the latter's existence, even if he hadn't exactly done anything vile -- that she was aware of -- since the Rebellion.

However, she refrained from saying more until she gave thought to the latter comment. Eva had only just then been called to the green-star dragonball. Alakazah was the father of the dragons, and it was reasonable to infer that meant his reach was far wider than any regular dragon. Ochazuke's remarks made her believe that this was the only dragonball of his on Earth. "I cannot speak to who is privy to the true origin of matters, but I perhaps know of only two. Sakin for one, and Auroc for another. It just so happens that they both can be considered contemporaries of Alakazah."
    When Dash and Evangeline had made their exit, Ochazuke returned to the discussion at hand. Biting down on the crisp burnt undersurface of the paella, a well of unseen flavour flooded his palate all at once and gave him pause. How many thing, hidden, diminished...

"The Guardian Evangeline said the Dragonball called out to her," he noted. "If there are yet six more out there in the ether, I have little doubt these others have heard the call as well. And whether God or Angel, the primordial power the Dragon promises is likely something even those of the most ravenous ambition envy."

He took a long sip of tea, but that did little to alleviate the crawling sensation within him. He'd had a taste of unchecked ambition before as it looked down upon him. Descending from the mount adorned in sickly bone-yellow, with red eyes and a cascade of mocking laughter. With a gesture he would turn a world to ash if it meant he was the last to stand atop of it.

"If it is the case they call out to the ones who would pull Alakazah from his prison, then soon we shall stand marked," he said. "If they are like the Earth's, the Dragonballs resonate with one another as they draw near."

Astonishing Member

The door, both handle and lock were shattered in a display of sudden and overwhelming force, metal and wood torn asunder as if it were nothing. The sheer power of the strike opened the door violently, causing the door to follow the entirety of its arc, until violently slamming against the wall, its loud thud heralding the arrival of justice, as the hinges of the door screamed in terror, before being silenced somewhat, as the door rebelled from one of its hinges, and now bent lopsidedly between the floor and the ceiling.

"You thought you would escape justice forever, Held Debon--"

It was a clever trick. Almost too clever by half. The Avenger had barely made it into the area when the beacon suddenly vanished. It was annoying, and both a sign of vindication that he was on the right track. It had energized him, and gave him focus. His blood burned with retribution, his soul lit with the suffering his people had endured. He would finally extinguish the flame of sorrow that had consumed him.

So great was the the duty that burdened him, he had almost missed the sudden drop--the MASSIVE--Drop in power from a source not even a mile away from the crash site. He had apparently missed his chance to enact Agrippian Judgement at the crash site by mere moments, judging from the distance. And apparently this loathed, despised butcher of worlds knew the fate that awaited him. He thought perhaps he could hide, but it was far too late. His arrogance had caused him to neglect to keep his power suppressed until it was far, far, too late.

A mere moment after what was a door had been dismissed in the name of justice, Maximo Frogspierre entered the room, his muscles throbbing sheets of jade colored iron, his eyes glowing with the fury of a billion souls senselessly slaughtered by--

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    “Just until...I fall sleep if you will.”
    A...Woman in bed, and a child?

He stopped his walk in mid-gait, the fire in his eyes being swiftly quenched by the cooling power of realizing one might have made a horrible, horrible, mistake.

Time stopped for a moment, as both embarrassment and shame did battle with his vigor, defeating it entirely for the moment.

"...I." He began awkwardly, as he grabbed what would have been the handle of the door had he not liberated it moments earlier. He attempted to close the door, which hobbled along behind him as he attempted to shut it behind him, he who suddenly had a burning desire to be somewhere, anywhere else. "I think I have the wrong room."

....Perhaps I was too impetuous. The shame I feel, terrorizing a mother and daughter like that. But...I'm sure Held must be at this location. That powerlevel I felt was large enough to where it must have been...

Default From the Foul Line Part 1

The Hills of Yardrat-Prime

A GP officer gasped for breath on the edge of grassy hills beneath a crimson red sky. Blood stained his armor as he noted when lifting up his visor to check his wounds. His medkit had been left on his ship, long since crashed across the other side of the hill. Weakly, he drew out his communicator "This is Officer Blend. Stationed on Yardrat prime and requesting-hrrk-requesting immediate backup..."

On the other line, there was only static. The signal had not gone through. It was damaged in his crash. Sighing, but not wanting to give up just yet, he opted to try again. "This is Officer Blend. Stationed in..." he wheezed through blood-laden coughs. "On...Yardrat-Prime. Requesting backup from HQ if anyone can hear me...please..." he paused as he looked up.

A shadow had been cast over him. At first he'd hoped it was one of the natives, but it seemed he didn't have such luck. Besides they couldn't waste their time on him. If his fears were correct, they'd have a lot on their hands soon enough. No, this shadow...was far too tall for a Yardratian.

"I...Identify yourself!" Blend stammered.

"Be easy, officer..." the cloaked man answered. The officer couldn't make heads or tail of his race, though his vision was fading. "You're not doing too well. Sorry to say, but I don't have anything to help your wounds, though I wish it were otherwise."

"Heh, that's...that's fine..." the officer relaxed. "Figure I don't have long anyway." Even so, he was relieved that he wouldn't be finished off at the hands of an enemy.

"Where's your back up?" GP couldn't spare any officers for Yarddrat?" the cloaked man asked.

"We spared what we...could. Wasn't...wasn't enough. Stretched too....too thin," Blend huffed.

"The Galaxy is rife with havoc nowadays. Seems like it'll splinter at any moment..." the figure nodded.

"Yeah, no kidding..." the officer laughed, painful as it was to do so. "Really a shame I couldn't get a signal out to HQ...Yardrat's not prepared. Not for them..."

"..." the cloaked man looked past the hills thoughtfully for a moment. "What's your name, officer?"

"Bl...Blend," the officer informed the stranger. "Yours?"

"I'm a cast away, a drifter walking a lonely road...nothing more," the man replied, the wind picking up suddenly, causing his cloak to waver majestically in the wind.

"Um...o-okay?" Blend asked, confused by the sudden posturing.

"It was nice meeting you, blend but I don't like dawdling in one place for too long," the cloaked figure nodded, beginning to traverse the hills, only to feel a slight tug on his leg.

"Wait...buddy. Before you go...don't leave me like this," Blend wheezed. "Don't have long but...but...it hurts, y'know?"

The figure stopped for a moment and sighed, swinging a hand back as energy gathered within his palm. "You'll feel nothing. Rest in peace, friend..."

BA-POW!

Over the hills, two young Yardratians, a brother and sister, could see a light in the distance.They had seen the crash before, but what was this now? The younger of the two, the sister was beginning to get afraid, but her brother placed a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't be afraid, Skrt," he assured her. "If there's any danger, we've got instant transmission."

"B-but, Sirloi..." Skrt sniffed.

"Now, now, come on no crying," he smiled. "Let's finish our game he smiled, as he pat her on the back and led her back around to the court. In his other hand was an orange sphere, drawn with intricate black leylines. Where it came from and what power it wielded, the Yardratians did not know. But what they did understand was that the ball was made for one and one thing only; hoops.

The two made it back to the court. Blacktop, surrounded by a rusted gate with two old, but sturdy hoops on opposite ends. Sirloi passed it to Skrtand immediately reached for the ball, attempting to knock it out of her hands.

Skry squaled and clutched the ball in her hands diving under his arms.

"Travel!" Sirloi called out. "Remember to dribble!" He advised before placing two fingers onto his head and instantly transmitting before her as she made her way towards the basket. "I'll let it slide this time, 'cause you're still learning..and I'm 'bout to steal!"

And steal he did, catching the ball in the air as Skrt made her shot. Skrt frowned. That was the tough thing...she hadn't mastered IT and dribbling at once as her brother had. It was something she had to learn quickly if she ever wanted the upper hand.

Sirloi transmitted to the other side of the court, quickly, his sister quickly following behind him. With near blinding speed (for children) he flicked the ball upwards and smirked.

"Brick!" Skrrt called out with a laugh...and she wasn't wrong. The ball hit the backboard and subsequently rebounded over the gate.

"Are you for real?!" Sirloi grimaced, stomping the ground a little as he prepared to get the ball, but...someone had already caught it.

"Hmmph...throwing it recklessly...you're not even trying to use your wrist, kid," the cloaked man chuckled, spinning the ball on his finger a little.

The two Yardratian children looked overjoyed. "You're back! Lantro!" the brother and sister cheered as they marched up to the man, who tossed the ball back to Sirloi as he pulled back his dusted hood, revealing dark blond hair tied in a ponytail and a pitch back pair of dark shades.

"Seems, like it," the half-saiyan gave the two kids a weary smile. As he sighed. "So...how 'bout a pick-up game?"

" Althena exactly who are these Maangos you refer to in your prayer? I never heard of them before." Praxat said.

" Figures the Four Great Maangos have long been forgotten by your generation. The Book of Aoem says that the Four Great Maangos are powerful divine beings who once watch over Qacriea. They were said to have multiple arms, and multiple Vow-like heads and necks. They also had spikes covering their bodies and rows of razor-sharp teeth and fork tongues," Althena said.

"there's Aera the Maango goddess of nobility, goodness and the sky. Ikaiosyne The Maango goddess of righteousness, justice, and the swamp. Hathena The Maango goddess of peace & wisdom, and the seasons. Finally, there's Haeus The Maango goddess of the wilderness, warriors, the hunt and thunder." Althena said.

(From Althena's description of them these Maangos are certainly interesting, to say the least. Maybe I should draw a picture of them and show it Eva to see what she thinks? I could do that after we're finished with The Doctor,) Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-19-2019 at 10:13 PM.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Blizzar paced throughout the Lookout, deep in thought. All preparations had been made on his end for their final mission across the timestream. There had been so much going on he nearly forgot about it all. The alternate, twisted Jinzi. A revived Ken Boshi, plucked from their own time and roboticized. Insane to think about but given the fact that a certain overgrown reptile sat in a seat of power in his current precinct, he supposed it was forgivable that other grave matters had slipped his mind so. Still events seemed to be colliding one atop of the other...it was nearly inconceivable. And yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    "...I." He began awkwardly, as he grabbed what would have been the handle of the door had he not liberated it moments earlier. He attempted to close the door, which hobbled along behind him as he attempted to shut it behind him, he who suddenly had a burning desire to be somewhere, anywhere else. "I think I have the wrong room."

....Perhaps I was too impetuous. The shame I feel, terrorizing a mother and daughter like that. But...I'm sure Held must be at this location. That powerlevel I felt was large enough to where it must have been...
    What's this....another newcomer to the Lookout? It seemed as if the place was a beacon to-...

Blizzar had half a mind to turn the corner an walk right back around. There was another one?! Inconceivable! He ssupposed it would be...irresponsible to let him wander around Eva's quarters unannounced without any sort of erm, guidance per say. No telling what shenanigans would come about from that.

With a heavy sigh the Arcosian greeted the Toadian and asked, "Are you perhaps...lost, my friend?"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Blizzar paced throughout the Lookout, deep in thought. All preparations had been made on his end for their final mission across the timestream. There had been so much going on he nearly forgot about it all. The alternate, twisted Jinzi. A revived Ken Boshi, plucked from their own time and roboticized. Insane to think about but given the fact that a certain overgrown reptile sat in a seat of power in his current precinct, he supposed it was forgivable that other grave matters had slipped his mind so. Still events seemed to be colliding one atop of the other...it was nearly inconceivable. And yet...

What's this....another newcomer to the Lookout? It seemed as if the place was a beacon to-...

Blizzar had half a mind to turn the corner an walk right back around. There was another one?! Inconceivable! He ssupposed it would be...irresponsible to let him wander around Eva's quarters unannounced without any sort of erm, guidance per say. No telling what shenanigans would come about from that.

With a heavy sigh the Arcosian greeted the Toadian and asked, "Are you perhaps...lost, my friend?"
    The Avenger was silent for a moment, just as much a result of still gathering himself from his uncouth actions from a moment ago, as much as his surprise to see an Acrosian, a member of the Galaxy Police, no less from the looks of it.

He eyed the officer wearily, considering his options. The Nevadian was nearby, of this Frogspierre had no doubt. He was simply imprecise, and in his zeal had made an error in judgement. Now, he would do his best to allow cooler heads to prevail.

"No, officer... not entirely." He said calmly, "I'm exactly where I am needed...But it seems I might have made a..."

He looked at the door, and would have blushed were he able. "A miscalculation....I thought someone I had an appointment with was present, but--"

Still, it was odd, a member of the Galaxy Police in the Nevadians orbit. Then again, there were reports of all manner of associations of various repute with him, so it should not have been that surprising. Perhaps even the Galaxy Police still had their suspicious of him despite him being found 'innocent'. If anyone was likely to point him in the right direction, it would be this officer.

Not to mention, he would prefer not to make too much of a commotion than he had already. Ideally, his work would have been done by now, and he would weather whatever storm would have came after. He was not unfamiliar with the Galaxy Police during his time, and so, he would adapt to the...unexpected situation before him.

"Although, maybe you've seen him?" Frogspierre asked, reaching into his rucksack, before procuring a device.

Within a moment, the Holo-Emitter sparked to life, and a miniature likeness of Held appeared.

"I was given the impression that I could find him here, but alas, I seem to have stumbled upon a mother and child...."

I should apologize to them, but I don't want to frighten them any more than I must have.
    Last edited by Miburo; 08-19-2019 at 11:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    The Avenger was silent for a moment, just as much a result of still gathering himself from his uncouth actions from a moment ago, as much as his surprise to see an Acrosian, a member of the Galaxy Police, no less from the looks of it.

He eyed the officer wearily, considering his options. The Nevadian was nearby, of this Frogspierre had no doubt. He was simply imprecise, and in his zeal had made an error in judgement. Now, he would do his best to allow cooler heads to prevail.

"No, officer... not entirely." He said calmly, "I'm exactly where I am needed...But it seems I might have made a..."

He looked at the door, and would have blushed were he able. "A miscalculation....I thought someone I had an appointment with was present, but--"

Still, it was odd, a member of the Galaxy Police in the Nevadians orbit. Then again, there were reports of all manner of associations of various repute with him, so it should not have been that surprising. Perhaps even the Galaxy Police still had their suspicious of him despite him being found 'innocent'. If anyone was likely to point him in the right direction, it would be this officer.

Not to mention, he would prefer not to make too much of a commotion than he had already. Ideally, his work would have been done by now, and he would weather whatever storm would have came after. He was not unfamiliar with the Galaxy Police during his time, and so, he would adapt to the...unexpected situation before him.

"Although, maybe you've seen him?" Frogspierre asked, reaching into his rucksack, before procuring a device.
    Instantly, Blizzar's suspicions were raised. Not because of anything the frog-man had said in particular, but because the conversation thus far had startlingly appeared to make far too much sense. Was this Toadian really what he appeared to be?

The Arcosian stayed his prepared, lest this new visitor suddenly decided to talk about grandmother's hernia or something similar, but all the same he'd still humor him.

Within a moment, the Holo-Emitter sparked to life, and a miniature likeness of Held appeared.

"I was given the impression that I could find him here, but alas, I seem to have stumbled upon a mother and child...."

I should apologize to them, but I don't want to frighten them any more than I must have.
    Oh...he seeks Held? I'm not too aware of the Nevadian's associations across the galaxy...at least those that weren't already noted in his file, but what connections could he have to this Toadian? ....though, given that it's Held...it's probably something far too troublesome to deal with at the moment...

"You are aware that the man you seek was once a wanted criminal, yes?" Blizzar asked the frog-man, raising a brow.
    Last edited by KingofPie; 08-20-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Much to his surprise, the boy had found a rack of ribs undevoured in this place; a miracle beyond possibilities. Getting to work cooking it, the flaw of his craving grew quickly apparent as he would have to wait before he could enjoy it. Thus, Charco found himself idly standing in the kitchen.

A glance around showed him just what else the kitchen had to offer as Zaofan had taken to stock it somewhat well to compensate for the Saiyans, Majin, and Erosas. There were processed snacks, fruits, and vegetables crying out for consumption, but one, in particular, caught his eye. It was an onion. Charco stared at it for some time, thinking of how much of a pain in the ass it was to chop them because the fumes would make one cry. It was doubtful anyone could do it without being affected. No doubt anyone would understand if they were to walk in to see him crying.

He began chopping, having no plans to include it in his meal, nor any future dish. As expected, tears began to well from his eyes, but they had come far sooner than they should have from any onion fumes. A moment of existential realization washed over him as he realized how absurd he was to be crying like this and trying to hide it through the wasteful use of food, but the dam had grown too strained since what occurred at Morgana's and it had to be vented.

Charco reflected on his life and the choices that brought him here to this moment, knowing that soon it would be erased on Rex's whim. He had fought so hard to prevent this, but his strength could not protect both himself and the others. His sacrifice would bring a temporary resolution -a bandaid over a gaping wound- and it wouldn't be long before Rex turned his avarice-filled gaze elsewhere; he was well aware of this, but he could only place his hopes on the others now to end him before the worst.

It shouldn't have to be this way... but it was.

In a fit of rage, he drove the knife into the cutting board, splitting it half and piercing through into the countertop. Slumping down to the ground, the boy held his face with his hands.

Meanwhile in the kitchen

" Praxat I'm considering having another meeting with the President of Earth," Qaztoh said.

Praxat crosses her arms." Stay away from him, and don't even say or think that name!" Praxat said.

" Huh, and why should I stay away from him and not say his name?" Qaztoh said.

" Cause he's a bad influence and he's not human. He's a dragon in disguise. His real name is Alakazah. I don't want you to get corrupted by him," Praxat said.

"The Kingdom of Swampa doesn't need another Yaztoh. It needs Queen that just and righteous. One that cares about her subjects!" Praxat said.

" He's a dragon? Are you sure you're not on something Praxat? I mean I don't know if a buy the President of Earth being a dragon," Qaztoh said.

" It's the truth he's a dragon," Praxat said.

Qaztoh crosses her arms." Okay if you say so Praxat. I promise to be a better ruler than my awful mother. I want to aim to be as great of a ruler as my X2,996 great grandmother Doralie Orpheus. I will work hard to undo the damage my mother caused to the kingdom," Qaztoh said.

" I will abolish to asinine rules she once established. I will bring back our kingdom's intergalactic trading system. Remove my mother's hefty taxes on the colonies, and I will make sure that supplies and goods as are delivered to the colony planets my mother abandoned," Qaztoh said

" Are the colony planets of our Kingdom like Toadia even still around? It might be too late to undo the damage your mother indirectly caused to the colony planets with her actions," Praxat said.

" We can't be sure of that Praxat. There still has to be colony planets of our kingdom out there," Qaztoh said.

Praxat taps her right foot." you might be right, but I'm not so sure." Praxat said.

( Hmm I wonder how my grandmother Araxat, my mother, my father, and siblings are doing back in Lisia on Qacriea? I do hope they're okay,) Praxat thought.

Althena walks over to Praxat and presses her hand on the right shoulder. "Don't worry. Your family is fine, Praxat. I have a direct connection with Qacriea," Althena said.

" I can sense what's happen on Qacriea. what I'm sensing right now is that your grandmother is leading an uprising against the one called Killrog!" Althena said.

" What my grandmother is leading an uprising against Killrog, but shouldn't my family and the rest of our people back home still be under Zykona's mind control?" Praxat said.

" From what I'm sensing all Toadians living in Lisia are no longer under her mind control. However, the ones living in the colonies on other continents on Qacriea are still under her control," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    Much to his surprise, the boy had found a rack of ribs undevoured in this place; a miracle beyond possibilities. Getting to work cooking it, the flaw of his craving grew quickly apparent as he would have to wait before he could enjoy it. Thus, Charco found himself idly standing in the kitchen.

A glance around showed him just what else the kitchen had to offer as Zaofan had taken to stock it somewhat well to compensate for the Saiyans, Majin, and Erosas. There were processed snacks, fruits, and vegetables crying out for consumption, but one, in particular, caught his eye. It was an onion. Charco stared at it for some time, thinking of how much of a pain in the ass it was to chop them because the fumes would make one cry. It was doubtful anyone could do it without being affected. No doubt anyone would understand if they were to walk in to see him crying.

He began chopping, having no plans to include it in his meal, nor any future dish. As expected, tears began to well from his eyes, but they had come far sooner than they should have from any onion fumes. A moment of existential realization washed over him as he realized how absurd he was to be crying like this and trying to hide it through the wasteful use of food, but the dam had grown too strained since what occurred at Morgana's and it had to be vented.

Charco reflected on his life and the choices that brought him here to this moment, knowing that soon it would be erased on Rex's whim. He had fought so hard to prevent this, but his strength could not protect both himself and the others. His sacrifice would bring a temporary resolution -a bandaid over a gaping wound- and it wouldn't be long before Rex turned his avarice-filled gaze elsewhere; he was well aware of this, but he could only place his hopes on the others now to end him before the worst.

In a fit of rage, he drove the knife into the cutting board, splitting it half and piercing through into the countertop. Slumping down to the ground, the boy held his face with his hands.
    The sound of weeping attracted Parsley's attention away from Ochazuke and their conversation. Across the kitchen, she noticed one of the humans crying for some reason. Her eyes narrowed, and she quickly realized that it was the human who defeated Sarada at the tournament a few hours ago. Hm.

She noticed shortly after the bisected cutting board and the knife jutting out of the countertop. Something was amiss and not at all right with this human.

She could have left it alone, or to someone else. She didn't. It may have been because she wanted to acquaint herself with another of Sarada's friends, or because she wanted to further twist the proverbial knife sticking out of his back. The old her would have relished in pushing him deeper into despair. Alas, she was nothing like her old self -- mostly -- so she had to settle for the latter.

Stepping away from the table, she approached Charco. With a neutral frown, she inquired quite abruptly, "What are you crying about?"
    Last edited by Sub-Zero MKA; 08-20-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Meanwhile in the kitchen

" Praxat I'm considering having another meeting with the President of Earth," Qaztoh said.

Praxat crosses her arms." Stay away from him, and don't even say or think that name!" Praxat said.

" Huh, and why should I stay away from him and not say his name?" Qaztoh said.

" Cause he's a bad influence and he's not human. He's a dragon in disguise. His real name is Alakazah. I don't want you to get corrupted by him," Praxat said.

"The Kingdom of Swampa doesn't need another Yaztoh. It needs Queen that just and righteous. One that cares about her subjects!" Praxat said.

" He's a dragon? Are you sure you're not on something Praxat? I mean I don't know if a buy the President of Earth being a dragon," Qaztoh said.

" It's the truth he's a dragon," Praxat said.

Qaztoh crosses her arms." Okay if you say so Praxat. I promise to be a better ruler than my awful mother. I want to aim to be as great of a ruler as my X2,996 great grandmother Doralie Orpheus. I will work hard to undo the damage my mother caused to the kingdom," Qaztoh said.

" I will abolish to asinine rules she once established. I will bring back our kingdom's intergalactic trading system. Remove my mother's hefty taxes on the colonies, and I will make sure that supplies and goods as are delivered to the colony planets my mother abandoned," Qaztoh said

" Are the colony planets of our Kingdom like Toadia even still around? It might be too late to undo the damage your mother indirectly caused to the colony planets with her actions," Praxat said.

" We can't be sure of that Praxat. There still has to be colony planets of our kingdom out there," Qaztoh said.

Praxat taps her right foot." you might be right, but I'm not so sure." Praxat said.

( Hmm I wonder how my grandmother Araxat, my mother, my father, and siblings are doing back in Lisia on Qacriea? I do hope they're okay,) Praxat thought.

Althena walks over to Praxat and presses her hand on the right shoulder. "Don't worry. Your family is fine, Praxat. I have a direct connection with Qacriea," Althena said.

" I can sense what's happen on Qacriea. what I'm sensing right now is that your grandmother is leading an uprising against the one called Killrog!" Althena said.

" What my grandmother is leading an uprising against Killrog, but shouldn't my family and the rest of our people back home still be under Zykona's mind control?" Praxat said.

" From what I'm sensing all Toadians living in Lisia are no longer under her mind control. However, the ones living in the colonies on other continents on Qacriea are still under her control," Althena said.
    Of course, they showed up during such... delicate moment for him. He wasn't sure who one of them was and the other, the one named Praxat or something, had proven herself to be somewhere on his **** list for various misunderstandings and unintentionally callousness on her part.

Still, he could ignore them, as they seemed content in doing the same to him, prattling on about their own issues and throwing out various words and names that no meaning to him. The said couldn't be said of the next arrival.

The sound of weeping attracted Parsley's attention away from Ochazuke and their conversation. Across the kitchen, she noticed one of the humans crying for some reason. Her eyes narrowed, and she quickly realized that it was the human who defeated Sarada at the tournament a few hours ago. Hm.

She noticed shortly after the bisected cutting board and the knife jutting out of the countertop. Something was amiss and not at all right with this human.

She could have left it alone, or to someone else. She didn't. It may have been because she wanted to acquaint herself with another of Sarada's friends, or because she wanted to further twist the proverbial knife sticking out of his back. The old her would have relished in pushing him deeper into despair. Alas, she was nothing like her old self -- mostly -- so she had to settle for the latter.

Stepping away from the table, she approached Charco. With a neutral frown, she inquired quite abruptly, "What are you crying about?"
    "...I fuckin' hate onions," His reply muffled thanks to the placement of his hands, feeling like the sulking teenager that he was.

"Those ribs are mine," Charco further said, though it came out more like a defiant bark from a hound guarding his food.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

"...I fuckin' hate onions," His reply muffled thanks to the placement of his hands, feeling like the sulking teenager that he was.

"Those ribs are mine," Charco further said, though it came out more like a defiant bark from a hound guarding his food.
    Anyone with even a modicum of observational skills could see that there was more the matter with Charco than simply hating onions. Also, if that was the case, then why was he cutting them. None were present on those mouth-watering ribs that he very callously stated that were his and his alone.

"Then stop cutting them," she stated, making it clear that she knew that wasn't his issue. "You and I have never spoken, I don't think. Perhaps the ears of a stranger are more desirable than a friend in this case?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

The storm of roaring appetites that fell upon the weathered buttresses of the Lookout kitchen soon calmed, and at least for a moment, the craving had been sated. Despite the initial rush, much of the chaos that had been fomented seemed to go out the window with the chef; assuredly, Zaofan would return in due time.

How swiftly the food had brought them all together. And yet so soon were they departed as needs must, moments like this had hardly been rare among this company. From the noise outside of the veranda doors, one might have forgotten that they were about to embark on a fight to ensure they had days to come. It could very well be the last time.

Still, with his portion finished and plates rapidly clearing, Ochazuke began to clear the kitchen of cutlery and dishes.

That's when he heard the bite of metal through chipped marble cut through the environs.

Rounding the corner, he found the source of it. The clatter of dishes fell by the long trough of a sink across the way, and Ochazuke turned to observe the extent of the damage.

"Quite the clean cut." Through the weathered grain and straight into the stone top. But this was not a display of control. "Though, not even the sharpest onion will strike back."

Even as he spoke to Charco, Ochazuke kept from passing his view from the young man as he wept silently from his place on the floor. The sharp rush of scalding water flood loudly from the faucet as the sink began to fill.

"Ought to be a trifling effort for a Champion, certainly," he said with a stiff chuckle.

Wherever Charco had gone, be it in the depths of that alternate timeline, or whatever task Evangeline had pulled him into, it was clear that he was holding something beneath the surface - among that other hidden matter.

For the moment, he would give him his silent space, until he sought to cross it.

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post

The faucet snapped shut, and a long silence filled the entire expanse of the kitchen. From across the room, the three Toadians could hear Ochazuke clear his throat.

"...a Guardian, even a remote one, would indeed be remiss to lack awareness of her surroundings," he said.

Setting an armful of dishes into the sink, he gave them a look that suggested, urgently, that they should leave the kitchen. Now.

Anyone with even a modicum of observational skills could see that there was more the matter with Charco than simply hating onions. Also, if that was the case, then why was he cutting them. None were present on those mouth-watering ribs that he very callously stated that were his and his alone.

"Then stop cutting them," she stated, making it clear that she knew that wasn't his issue. "You and I have never spoken, I don't think. Perhaps the ears of a stranger are more desirable than a friend in this case?"

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    Rounding the corner, he found the source of it. The clatter of dishes fell by the long trough of a sink across the way, and Ochazuke turned to observe the extent of the damage.

"Quite the clean cut." Through the weathered grain and straight into the stone top. But this was not a display of control. "Though, not even the sharpest onion will strike back."

Even as he spoke to Charco, Ochazuke kept from passing his view from the young man as he wept silently from his place on the floor. The sharp rush of scalding water flood loudly from the faucet as the sink began to fill.

"Ought to be a trifling effort for a Champion, certainly," he said with a stiff chuckle.

Wherever Charco had gone, be it in the depths of that alternate timeline, or whatever task Evangeline had pulled him into, it was clear that he was holding something beneath the surface - among that other hidden matter.

For the moment, he would give him his silent space, until he sought to cross it.
    By then, the faint smell of cooking ribs began to ease its way through the kitchen, alerting his stomach which cut the boy's moment of wallowing in sorrow short by letting loose with a loud growl of hunger. Finding himself confronted by Sarada's sister's offer and the overwhelming silence of Ochazuke, Charco knew the jig was up. If only for the sake of being able to eat his ribs in a timely manner, he spoke.

"I fucked up..." He began, "Got talked into starting a confrontation I wasn't ready for and lost everything."