Page 93 of 294 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143193 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 4408

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    By then, the faint smell of cooking ribs began to ease its way through the kitchen, alerting his stomach which cut the boy's moment of wallowing in sorrow short by letting loose with a loud growl of hunger. Finding himself confronted by Sarada's sister's offer and the overwhelming silence of Ochazuke, Charco knew the jig was up. If only for the sake of being able to eat his ribs in a timely manner, he spoke.

"I fucked up..." He began, "Got talked into starting a confrontation I wasn't ready for and lost everything."
    For a moment, Ochazuke said nothing, the closest thing to a reply the muted clink of porcelain submerged beneath suds.

"A confrontation with...him?"

Beneath the layers of pristine white foam, the layers of grease and detritus that left would join the water and form a sluice of maculate grey. Ochazuke lift a cleared dish, hands turning over it with a polished squeak as he set it upon the rinsing half of the sink.

"...you've fought hard today. Eat first, then speak to it."

Althena walks up to Charco and then out of generosity hands gives him a piece of meat," Here you can have this. I can tell that you have you own issues to work out. There's a darkness inside you. Whatever this darkness inside you is you have to be strong, and it doesn't hurt to rely on the kindness of others," Althena said.

Praxat grabs another bowl of food and sits back down. "I promise Jinzi that I would use my expertise in thermodynamics to figure out a way to stop The Doctor in the safest way possible. To do that I need all the info on the Doctor we gather," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

By then, the faint smell of cooking ribs began to ease its way through the kitchen, alerting his stomach which cut the boy's moment of wallowing in sorrow short by letting loose with a loud growl of hunger. Finding himself confronted by Sarada's sister's offer and the overwhelming silence of Ochazuke, Charco knew the jig was up. If only for the sake of being able to eat his ribs in a timely manner, he spoke.

"I fucked up..." He began, "Got talked into starting a confrontation I wasn't ready for and lost everything."
    Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    For a moment, Ochazuke said nothing, the closest thing to a reply the muted clink of porcelain submerged beneath suds.

Beneath the layers of pristine white foam, the layers of grease and detritus that left would join the water and form a sluice of maculate grey. Ochazuke lift a cleared dish, hands turning over it with a polished squeak as he set it upon the rinsing half of the sink.

Charco spoke of what amounted to a forced confrontation with an unknown enemy. A confrontation he clearly got the lesser of. Whatever the stakes were, they were deeply personal, thus his tears. Curiosity nagged at Parsley. She wished to learn all she could of this enemy -- 'him', according to Ochazuke -- so she could dissect it and analyze every detail for her own mind's sake.

But, she realized quickly that this was Charco's story to tell, not hers to coerce. Despite instinct and habit pushing her to do otherwise, she decided to wait. With a silent hum, she sat down beside him and waited.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by bruceleegreyhulk View Post
    Althena walks up to Charco and then out of generosity hands gives him a piece of meat," Here you can have this. I can tell that you have you own issues to work out. There's a darkness inside you. Whatever this darkness inside you is you have to be strong, and it doesn't hurt to rely on the kindness of others," Althena said.

Praxat grabs another bowl of food and sits back down. "I promise Jinzi that I would use my expertise in thermodynamics to figure out a way to stop The Doctor in the safest way possible. To do that I need all the info on the Doctor we gather," Praxat said.
    "Am I to assume that you've given up on your dream of being a master strategist?" Parsley inquired sharply.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

"The kindness of others is what got me into this," He replied, although his tone was more apathetic at this point, having vented a majority of his emotions earlier. Granted his words were much harsher than he intended, it had been the threats to those connected to him that had led to his downfall.

Taking Althena's gifted bit of meat, he would ultimately leave it to rest on the counter for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Charco spoke of what amounted to a forced confrontation with an unknown enemy. A confrontation he clearly got the lesser of. Whatever the stakes were, they were deeply personal, thus his tears. Curiosity nagged at Parsley. She wished to learn all she could of this enemy -- 'him', according to Ochazuke -- so she could dissect it and analyze every detail for her own mind's sake.

But, she realized quickly that this was Charco's story to tell, not hers to coerce. Despite instinct and habit pushing her to do otherwise, she decided to wait. With a silent hum, she sat down beside him and waited.
    "Yeah," The boy said quietly to Ochazuke's suggestion. He wasn't going to get over things on an empty stomach. With a soft sigh, he rose and made his way over to his ribs and see if they were done.

"Am I to assume that you've given up on your dream of being a master strategist?" Parsley inquired sharply.
    " I'm not my ancestors, Nah do I have the wisdom of my grandmother. I realize just because I come from a long line of tacticians. That doesn't make me a master strategist. Neither does the fact that I'm good at chess," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

"The kindness of others is what got me into this," He replied, although his tone was more apathetic at this point, having vented a majority of his emotions earlier. Granted his words were much harsher than he intended, it had been the threats to those connected to him that had led to his downfall.

Taking Althena's gifted bit of meat, he would ultimately leave it to rest on the counter for now.

"Yeah," The boy said quietly to Ochazuke's suggestion. He wasn't going to get over things on an empty stomach. With a soft sigh, he rose and made his way over to his ribs and see if they were done.

" I see well I hope you overcome this darkness in your own way," Althena said.
    My Forum check it out

What?

When he'd last left Charco, he'd had at least a lingering confidence that the curse of his bloodline might be stayed. Though he could offer little else but a brief counsel, the fact remained that despite the lack of kinship in the lines of their Martial Tutelage, they shared a dream in kind. To rediscover, to rebuild.

To redeem.

Yet the emergence of Rex on the Namekian world he'd taken only as a momentary lapse. Was this something more? How had things escalated since then?

"...the heat carries itself inside the bones," he said, "For certain dishes, it may be best to do nothing, lest it be agitated..."

Grasping the edge of the sink, he lift his hands from the water, and leaned his weight forward as he hung his head.

And yet despite this dire atmosphere...it seemed the matter of science was far to near to Praxat's mind for her to catch the hint. When she gets into this mood, she loses sight of anything else, Ochazuke thought to himself.

However, as much as the confrontation with the Doctor loomed nearer, given the delicate nature of Charco's current condition, the last thing the boy needed was greater distress or more unease. Koryu-ryu, despite itself, would be if nothing else an asset to the fight to come, and he was not ready.

"The kitchen," Ochazuke said firmly, "is closed."

As he spoke in a tone that would humour no argument, a particularly dreadful affect fell over the kitchen. A sharp, cold sensation that immediately shocked upon their battle-instincts.

In some respects, shades of a clairvoyant premonition, one might say.

Perhaps at this moment, the best strategy that would suit the Qacrieans' immediate best interest - not for lack of trying - was to eat outside.

By this time Qaztoh had already left. Before leaving the kitchen. Praxat washes the dishes in the sink. She washes them so thoroughly that they sparkle.

They are so clean that one can see their reflection in them. Praxat then grabs her bowl of food and heads outside. She sits down outside the kitchen and eats.

Praxat ponders to herself." ( I know Charco is going through something. I want to help him, but I don't know how. I'm not sure there's anything I can do to help him,") Praxat thought.
    Last edited by bruceleegreyhulk; 08-21-2019 at 12:32 AM.
    My Forum check it out

Retired Overlord

As planned, the Sasheems and three of the Erosas flung themselves toward the pie. All Sarada needed to do was wait it out until the ensuing chaos before she could make off with the pie and leave these suckers in the dust.

But wait! Two of the Erosas were hanging back for no reason whatsoever. "Hey, what gives?!" she demanded of Baby and Mother Erosa. "Jump in and fight!"
    Mother Erosa smiled whimsically while stretching and examining her claws. "Work smart, not hard.....Why fight for a pie when I know the cook. Besides, teasing you is just as delicious." She made no move to step aside from the one escape route, seemingly finding her amusement in keeping the saiyan from getting away then having anything to eat.

Baby Erosa however was eyeing the situation, or rather the hallway beyond the situation...towards the kitchen. With a swift gesture she stabbed her spontaneously generated switchblade into the ground and leap off the ground shooting down the hall and over the mess of combat by clinging to the roof....leaving Sarada and now the now wincing mother erosa....who was attempting to keep a dignified look with a switchblade sticking out her foot.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    Instantly, Blizzar's suspicions were raised. Not because of anything the frog-man had said in particular, but because the conversation thus far had startlingly appeared to make far too much sense. Was this Toadian really what he appeared to be?

The Arcosian stayed his prepared, lest this new visitor suddenly decided to talk about grandmother's hernia or something similar, but all the same he'd still humor him.

Oh...he seeks Held? I'm not too aware of the Nevadian's associations across the galaxy...at least those that weren't already noted in his file, but what connections could he have to this Toadian? ....though, given that it's Held...it's probably something far too troublesome to deal with at the moment...

"You are aware that the man you seek was once a wanted criminal, yes?" Blizzar asked the frog-man, raising a brow.
    The Avenger could suppress his smile, if only barely. So, he indeed knew of this man. If so much as a casual glance at him was enough to to identify him, then there could be no doubt he was on the right path. The scent of justice was so thick in the air, one would choke on it if there were not careful.

"So he was." Frogspierre said, nodding in agreement, "Although it was my understanding that he was pardoned for his crimes, was he not?"

The words felt like mud in the mouth of the Toadian. A mockery of justice and peace in the universe. A butcher of billions allowed to run around unchecked, because of one or two good deeds no doubt to pursue his own interests. How desperate this word--nay, this universe--must be to readily make such a deal.

"In any case, I can assure you that I play no part in whatever foul dealings he has had in the past, or will have in the future." he continued, "But, I have questions only he can answer."

How does it feel knowing that you will be sent to the same abyss where you have sent so many others?

Later Praxat is with Dash," Dash can I tell you something it's about Charco. I know he's going through something. I really want to help him, but I don't know how. I'm not even sure if I can," Praxat said as her skin turn a subtle blue that isn't detectable by any race that has a color vision on the range of a human.

" He probably thinks I'm cold and distant, but that's not true. I'm under stress right now, and when I'm under stress and faced with a situation. I'm not sure I can handle I turn to science. I use science as a coping mechanism," Praxat said.
    My Forum check it out

What?

When he'd last left Charco, he'd had at least a lingering confidence that the curse of his bloodline might be stayed. Though he could offer little else but a brief counsel, the fact remained that despite the lack of kinship in the lines of their Martial Tutelage, they shared a dream in kind. To rediscover, to rebuild.

To redeem.

Yet the emergence of Rex on the Namekian world he'd taken only as a momentary lapse. Was this something more? How had things escalated since then?

"...the heat carries itself inside the bones," he said, "For certain dishes, it may be best to do nothing, lest it be agitated..."

Grasping the edge of the sink, he lift his hands from the water, and leaned his weight forward as he hung his head.
    "He can travel by DNA..." Charco began, stirring the contents of his wet mop with the basting brush, "Cyanna thought to tempt him with a metaphorical child, thinking he would be intrigued by the power of a hybrid." Brushing the wet mop across the meaty parts of the ribs, he applied a generous amount, "He used her attempt to tempt him against me," Pushing the ribs back into the heat, he sighed.

"I don't know how much longer I have left before I become assimilated. I don't know if I'll be able to do anything against him from the inside. For now, he might be more interested in our enemies but... I'll have to rely on everyone to deal with him once he isn't."

"He can travel by DNA..." Charco began, stirring the contents of his wet mop with the basting brush, "Cyanna thought to tempt him with a metaphorical child, thinking he would be intrigued by the power of a hybrid." Brushing the wet mop across the meaty parts of the ribs, he applied a generous amount, "He used her attempt to tempt him against me," Pushing the ribs back into the heat, he sighed.

"I don't know how much longer I have left before I become assimilated. I don't know if I'll be able to do anything against him from the inside. For now, he might be more interested in our enemies but... I'll have to rely on everyone to deal with him once he isn't."
    This enemy was far more insidious than Parsley initially anticipated. He could travel through DNA, which meant that he could infect anyone who came into contact with any kind of body fluid from Charco. Blood, saliva, semen, even urine and stool. The third nearly made her believe that Cyanna was in danger, but she quickly dismissed that thought.

"Tell me," she spoke. She needed more information. "What were the means Cyanna used to relieve you of this... genetic disorder? Is that an accurate way to describe it simply?"
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

This enemy was far more insidious than Parsley initially anticipated. He could travel through DNA, which meant that he could infect anyone who came into contact with any kind of body fluid from Charco. Blood, saliva, semen, even urine and stool. The third nearly made her believe that Cyanna was in danger, but she quickly dismissed that thought.

"Tell me," she spoke. She needed more information. "What were the means Cyanna used to relieve you of this... genetic disorder? Is that an accurate way to describe it simply?"
    "She didn't. I don't even think we've really kissed before," Charco replied, looking briefly to Parsley, "I think it was a bluff of sorts to try and buy me time, but it proved to be the opposite."