Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    I have no idea why anyone is suggesting that being hilariously out of shape allows you to retain the same level of strength and fighting ability as before. Endgame Thor didn't fly, couldn't shoot anywhere near as much lightning as even Avengers Thor, and certainly wasn't wrecking Thanos' army at anywhere near the level Infinity War Thor did. I'd bet money on Infinity War Iron Man over Endgame Thor with Stormbreaker.
    Magic power shouldn't deteriorate. Strength should deteriorate if a person just sits around playing video games however put 5 years in the context of Thor's 1,500 year life; and take into account his Asgardian physiology; the effect shouldn't be THAT much. Thor put on weight so he can't shoot lightning? That makes no sense. If Superman sat around for five years, would his heat vision not work anymore? Otherwise, if you say physical deterioration has an effect on magical power then Odin would be really weak as he clearly doesn't have the same physical attributes as Thor.
    Last edited by k von doom; 05-09-2019 at 05:13 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    So kinda like gohan after the cell saga?

Gohan's power is explicitly linked to how hard he trains though. Thor's is not. I'm not saying he didn't get weaker, but it isn't going to be to nearly the same scale.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    Magic power shouldn't deteriorate. Strength should deteriorate if a person just sits around playing video games however put 5 years in the context of Thor's 1,500 year life; and take into account his Asgardian physiology; the effect shouldn't be THAT much.
    Thor's ability to shoot lightning isn't magic. It isn't a pre-set spell like Lina Inverse's Dragon Slave. Lightning for Thor is a skill that he needs effort to exert. That's why Thor learning how to shoot more than sparks while hammerless was such a big deal, and why he couldn't just zap Hela with the biggest lightning bolt over and over.

The ample on-screen evidence of Thor being horribly out of shape belies any assumption that his lifespan does anything to slow down how fast he loses fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    Thor's ability to shoot lightning isn't magic. It isn't a pre-set spell like Lina Inverse's Dragon Slave. Lightning for Thor is a skill that he needs effort to exert. That's why Thor learning how to shoot more than sparks while hammerless was such a big deal, and why he couldn't just zap Hela with the biggest lightning bolt over and over.
    I'm pretty sure the reasoning that Thor didn't - not that he couldn't - zap hela with mega lighting over and over was that, it did nothing to Hela; as he explained to Loki.

Quote Originally Posted by k von doom View Post
    I'm pretty sure the reasoning that Thor didn't - not that he couldn't - zap hela with mega lighting over and over was that, it did nothing to Hela; as he explained to Loki.
    Except that despite what Thor said, the biggest lightning bolt clearly did work on Hela. Hela was knocked off a building and Thor got several free minutes to do whatever he liked. So at the very least it slowed Hela down way more than anything else Thor tried.
    Last edited by Lord Falcon; 05-09-2019 at 05:45 PM.