View Poll Results: What did you think about this issue ?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • ⭐️

0 0%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️

2 10.53%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

8 42.11%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

5 26.32%
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

4 21.05%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Inner monologue about concerns is a great way to learn about characters as people and not just as heroes. Some of my favorites from Superman were basically him doing puzzle solving while fighting and not just smashing face. Superman vs Zod in the movie was like that too. Supes doesn't want to demolish the city, but Zod's cool with it. But it's not just the big picture or collateral damage. A lot of the better books have him acting to fix things to avoid collateral damage becoming worse. Like catching someone who has fallen off a building, or stabilizing a building to stop that. It's the sort of thing a person would actually care about in a situation like that.

Diana-Maggie-Aphrodite should be a mainstay cast on this title.

I would like to think a great villain or nemesis for Wonder Woman might surface from this current cycle of stories, by G. Willow Wilson. I don't see that happening, but would like to.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Gareth_Atha

I didn't mind it. Not as interesting as some of the others recently, but it does raise some interesting points. Even superheros have feelings and I think Wonder Woman would feel how she is portrayed in this issue.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    What did you guys think of this issue?
    It’s okay. Some nice setup. I appreciated the use of Steve, even if wasn’t actually there.

Importantly the story focussed on WONDER WOMAN and not the supporting cast.

Good art. Decent writing. 3 stars.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

This is my favorite storyline of GWW's run so far and absolutely my favorite art on the run too.

Aside from the intriguing introspection Diana is experiencing about her relationship with Steve and Aphrodite regarding her relationship with her children, I'm enjoying this take on the Olympians and how Aphrodite alludes to their expulsion from Olympus changing their nature a bit when existing in the mortal realm. I have to think that this will have a bigger payoff eventually when the mystery of why everyone was kicked out of Olympus and/or Themyscira is revealed. And by who.

Overall, I like that Diana is being written as a character rather than a paragon. I'm not mad she's questioning herself or her relationships in a realistic way, given the speculative fiction environment.

Xermanico's character designs are lovely and I love that Atlantiades incorporates putto into his services much like the Wicked Witch of the West used winged monkeys. Some lovely flavor and fun there and I'm already thinking about how to incorporate them more fully into Wonder Woman's world.

Cadmus continues to be a fun character that I hope sticks around too. I'm not necessarily into all mythological creatures having human-level sentience, but GWW has won me over much like the creative team on the new She-Ra series has with Swift Wind's POV.