Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    The Ultron/Doom arc & the Mephisto arc were both epic. The team of Nocenti/JRJR/Williamson brought their A game and made their run truly memorable.
    My first introduction to DD at the time and still my favourite DD run of all...even after reading the others.
    The Blackheart and Typhoid Mary arcs...
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-11-2019 at 11:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Remember Starr Saxon? He went on to become Machinesmith.
    I remember Starr Saxon. I had no idea he was Machinesmith (although I have no idea if I knew that Machinesmith was a character).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    My first introduction to DD at the time and still my favourite DD run of all...even after reading the others.
    The Blackheart and Typhoid Mary arcs...
    Yes, I know. The introduction of Typhoid Mary is truly momentous. A formidable opponent without mercy, DD had it really bad before the start of Inferno.

BANNED

Daredevil #64 May 1970
    "Suddenly... The Stunt-Master!"
    Taking a vacation, Matt Murdock travels to Hollywood, California in order to try and track down Karen Page,
    whom he believes has gone there knowing that she has social ties in the area. During his search for Karen,
    DD ends up clashing with the Stunt-Master once more who, having trouble finding steady
    work as a stunt man, goes back to crime and is hired to steal a rare and valuable movie print.

During the fight, Stunt-Master's lot in life comes up, and feeling sorry for Stunt-Master,
    DD decides to help him out. The two end up busting up the crooks orchestrating the plot

and the subsequent publicity gets Stunt-Master a job for a television series.

Script by Roy Thomas, pencils by Gene Colan, inks by Syd Shores

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I. Can't. WAIT!!! for issue 20 to see Mary cut some bishes!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

The Mephisto and Ultron/Doom arc when were those?

Incredible Member

Blackwing, Mr. Fear, Deathstalker, and Gladiator were all great imo. Mark Waid introduced Coyete, who was downright terrifying, and also did a good Stuntman story. I'd like to see some of these guys pop up again.

Astonishing Member

The Owl need not be lame. He’d have killed Spider Man with that Poison if Otto hadn’t intervened.

Mighty Member

Is Kingpin a cannibal yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I like Daredevil's rogue's gallery. My complaint is that they don't get enough attention aside from the Frank Miller villains. People know Kingpin, Bullseye, the Hand, and the Punisher. Many know Typhoid Mary as well as the Owl. But Gladiator, Jester, Mr. Fear, Mr. Hyde, Purple Man, and Bullet all have lots of potential if done right. Deathstalker is no more, but he was a creepy villain. As far as borrowed villains go, I enjoyed when Mephisto was a Daredevil rogue and, of course, Blackheart was invented for Daredevil. I know nobody likes him and he's never been used right, but I maintain that Hellspawn has potential as basically Daredevil's Venom. Lady Bullseye from Brubaker's run and Coyote and Ikari from Waid's run were lots of fun. I wouldn't go so far as to say that there are no bad villains, but the problem is just how they are used. I'd also argue Daredevil is not at Spider-Man level and its unrealistic to expect him to have the same quality villains, but his villains are just as strong as Iron Man and stronger than other street-level characters like Luke Cage.
    The problem is Cage is not at street level power wise. Neither is spiderman really. The best villians for DD are also a fight for Matt. Kingpin and Owl are great examples of this. The new super rich couple are as well.

Gladiator and bullseye and the like are often portrayed as easily outwitted even if they are a physical challenge.

Purple man is good but he has to be used sparingly. MR. Fear is way overdue for a battle.

Extraordinary Member

Didn’t one of the Mr Fears evolve into something else? Into a different villain persona?

anybody left from the silver age rogues? Ever since Frank Miller started 'gritty-izing' everything, the usefulness of the whimsical villains became marginalized.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    anybody left from the silver age rogues? Ever since Frank Miller started 'gritty-izing' everything, the usefulness of the whimsical villains became marginalized.
    The Owl, Purple Man, Mr Fear, Gladiator, Stilt-Man
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Mark Waid's run used them pretty well to me. Zdarsky had a pretty good action beat with Stiltman.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Ever since Frank Miller started 'gritty-izing' everything.
    You mean saved Daredevil from cancelation. All that whimsy wasn't doing all that well in the '70s.