Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Some Would Say He’s the Reverse- Eobard Thawne Appreciation

Not Sure if this thread existed but i couldnt see it in the Directory for Old Threads, plus I’ve been missing Eobard recently
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Love Professor Zoom ...the Reverse-Flash

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Love Professor Zoom ...the Reverse-Flash
    Yeah...back in the old days when there was just him and I could understand the storyline. I liked the yellow costume.

At first I didn't get what was so great about him as a villain, just the villain with Barry's powers, but his various live action and animated appearances over the last decade (CW's Flash, that episode of Brave and the Bold, Flashpoint Paradox, LEGO The Flash), have definitely brought him up to Joker and Lex Luther level great bad guy.

"I always win Flash."

"Who's the Villain Now Flash? Who's the villain now!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    "I always win Flash."

"Who's the Villain Now Flash? Who's the villain now!?"

*Helicopter Noises Intensify*
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Reverse Flash is the absolute last villain you would ever want for your archenemy. I mean the guy's one and only goal is to make Flash's life as miserable as possible and he absolutely has the power to do it! The thing I find really terrifying about Eobard is that won't even limit himself to screwing with Barry in the present. I mean the Joker is an evil and scary dude, but in the end of the day he's just a man and there are usually limits to what he can and cannot do. He can kill Jason Todd but he can't, for example, murder a young Alfred Pennyworth before he ever went to work for Thomas Wayne. Or he can go to the future after Barry is dead in order to taint his legacy like in the return of Barry Allen storyline. Or how he's manipulating Barry's future daughter in the tv show. Poor Flash is pretty much doomed to be tormented by his crazy yellow nemesis forever. Even killing him didn't work. He's a really unique and interesting threat when done right.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Cover to FLASH #139.

Flash139.jpg

Tom Cavanaugh's portrayal of Reverse Flash on the CW single-handedly elevated this villain to one of my favorites. Read the comics using Tom's voice, it just fits perfectly. Love that guy.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I actually own a (horribly fragile) copy of that - purchased at a flea market, no less.

Matt Letcher's casting of Eobard on the CW Flash show was amazing. It is crazy how much he looks like the comic version of the character.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The CW Flash show is absolutely the reason I got into quite a few of the Flash's villains, including Eobard. I enjoyed Cavanagh's performance particularly in season 1, which got me to look him up, but I think I enjoyed Letcher's appearances more overall. Still, I'm pretty excited whenever he appears.

This is the first issue with Eobard I ever stumbled upon:

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post
    The CW Flash show is absolutely the reason I got into quite a few of the Flash's villains, including Eobard. I enjoyed Cavanagh's performance particularly in season 1, which got me to look him up, but I think I enjoyed Letcher's appearances more overall. Still, I'm pretty excited whenever he appears.

In light of Thawne's current motivation this is so ironic...

Quote Originally Posted by Lirica View Post

Me too!

This was a great issue including art.

And I loved that powerful alien Green Lantern too! Not sure that he ever appeared again, did he?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    In light of Thawne's current motivation this is so ironic...
    It had been a while since I last read this issue that I never even thought about this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    This was a great issue including art.

And I loved that powerful alien Green Lantern too! Not sure that he ever appeared again, did he?
    Agreed! It was also the first comic from the 70s I ever read too (would this be considered the bronze age? ).

Oh man, I almost forgot about that alien GL. Wiki says it's his only appearance, so I guess not.