Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default What Jedi can wield the MCU Infinity Gauntlet and still live

So the MCU takes a big toll on even the most powerful beings while being worn. What Jedi could use it and still be alive after a Snap.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

It was presented as a matter of physical durability, as opposed to will power, so I'm gonna go with none of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    It was presented as a matter of physical durability, as opposed to will power, so I'm gonna go with none of them.
    Seconding this.

Question though: How come the first snap only messed up the IG? It was strictly Thanos destroying the Stones that hurt him.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Seconding this.

Question though: How come the first snap only messed up the IG? It was strictly Thanos destroying the Stones that hurt him.
    The first snap destroyed the gauntlet & his arm. Destroying the stones built on damage already done on the first snap on top of the point blank explosion of 6 infinity stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The first snap destroyed the gauntlet & his arm. Destroying the stones built on damage already done on the first snap on top of the point blank explosion of 6 infinity stones.
    Looking back, his arm does have some mild damage to it. Nothing REMOTELY like what they did to Hulk, but damage nonetheless.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Looking back, his arm does have some mild damage to it. Nothing REMOTELY like what they did to Hulk, but damage nonetheless.
    Cuz he tougher my dude.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz he tougher my dude.
    Hulk was also defying the Soul Stone mandate.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Hulk was also defying the Soul Stone mandate.
    Nah, it got its pound of flesh in the end.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Nah, it got its pound of flesh in the end.
    Of course it did, I'm just saying some of that Hulk damage was likely from trying to force the stones to do something they couldn't do.

Theoretically, Darth "too angry to die" Sion could do it.

Thanos' entire left side was charred at the end of Infinity War - and he was limping. The first snap definitely hurt him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Of course it did, I'm just saying some of that Hulk damage was likely from trying to force the stones to do something they couldn't do.
    That's true.

Though I don't think the soulstone required it's pound of flesh AFTER it was obtained. Otherwise, man ... that's one angry rock.

Arx Inosaan

I mean, bringing the dead back to life also seems harder than killing them. That plus lesser durability can explain a lot.

Tony was much less durable, but he also killed a significantly smaller group and it still killed him dead.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, bringing the dead back to life also seems harder than killing them. That plus lesser durability can explain a lot.

Tony was much less durable, but he also killed a significantly smaller group and it still killed him dead.
    Plus Hulk put all 6 on at once where Thanos was building up to it so that might factor in too.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Plus Hulk put all 6 on at once where Thanos was building up to it so that might factor in too.
    There could certainly be some level of tolerance, though the stress of using individual stones seems to vary wildly. Mind and time seemed perfectly usable by normal dudes while power would kill them. So I think using all the stones in conjunction for a major effort is probably pretty distinct from using them individually.