Default Legends of...Endgame? (Avengers Endgame Spoilers of Course)

In the history you know five years after Thanos killed off half the universe the Avengers utilized time travel via the Quantum Realm to gather the Infinity Stones from the past and created a new Infinity Gauntlet to undo what the Mad Titan wrought. But suppose a couple of days before Scott Lang escapes the Quantum Realm an interdimensional anomaly drags the Timeship Waverider out of its home universe and onto the lawn of the Avengers Compound. After getting over any minor misunderstandings the Avengers and the crew of the Waverider make nice and learn about each other's circumstances.

Deciding they should help this Earth and guessing that they could potentially use the power of the Space Stone to send them home, the Waverider's crew manages to convince the Avengers that as professional time travelers they would be able to retrieve all the Stones for them for a new Gauntlet. The Avengers then proceed to give the crew as much information as they can about the best points in time and space to retrieve the various Stones, 2012 New York, 2013 Asgard and 2014 Morag and Vormir. Armed with this knowledge, the Waverider and its crew embark on their quest. How do they do? What sort of plans to they come up with and how well do they go? Do they manage to avoid creating alternate timelines?

I, The Watcher, pose this question to you all...

What If The Legends of Tomorrow Went On The Time Heist To Retrieve The Infinity Stones?

(Current Season Line Up, with any inconvenient circumstances such as possession removed)
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Incredible Member

I feel like current Legends are least suited for this task. The team as it stands now is barely a team at all. They have a semi-neutered shapeshifter (not really clear on if her powers are supposed to be fully restored), a neurotic werewolf, Ava seems to have joined the team more or less part time at least... I remember when this show was about DC super heroes.

Now I feel like if you give it to Season 3 Legends, they would have a much better chance. More fire power, more abilities, more options.

I don't know about the current season, but at the very least sans Nebula the team won't have to deal with Thanos fining everything out and showing up later.

I feel like Gary would show up mid-mission and screw everything up for them.