Default Master Chief vs. The Avengers

Spartan 117 (book feats allowed) versus the. MCU Avengers.

Chief gets: Plasma Sword. Silenced pistol. DMR scoped rifle. Plasma pistol. SMG. 3 frags. Cortana.

Avengers Roster:
    Hawkeye
    Winter Soldier
    Cap America
    Black Widow
    Falcon

Fight takes place in a mountainous forest. 1 mile starting distance.
    BONUS: If Chief wins, add Gamora and Rocket.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

So, correct me if the book disconnects from the gameplay on this, but a direct hit from a rocket launcher kills Chief just fine in game. The explosive arrows Hawkeye packs seems at least on that level. He is definitely capable of hitting Chief if he gets the shot, even at great distances. So the question is if he can get that shot. With Falcon's drone doing surveillance it seems like the SHOULD be able to set up a snipe shot from outside of motion sensor range. But IDK, Chief might be too fast or more durable in canon than the gameplay allows for.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    So, correct me if the book disconnects from the gameplay on this, but a direct hit from a rocket launcher kills Chief just fine in game. The explosive arrows Hawkeye packs seems at least on that level. He is definitely capable of hitting Chief if he gets the shot, even at great distances. So the question is if he can get that shot. With Falcon's drone doing surveillance it seems like the SHOULD be able to set up a snipe shot from outside of motion sensor range. But IDK, Chief might be too fast or more durable in canon than the gameplay allows for.
    It's a bit different in the books. An explosive arrow couldnt be ignored flat out, but wouldnt be a fight ender by any stretch. Halo rockets are armor piercing anti tank rounds. They pack a looot more punch than you'd expect. He tanks stuff like near missile detonations and fuel rod cannons to the chest. He doesn't LIKE these things and they do harm his shields, but he can scuttle away.

His best feats are surviving multiple imstances of orbital reentry. These falls wipe out his shields and generally 10 count KO him but he can struggle up and keep going if nothing finishes him off.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Is default for movie Cap now that he has Mjolnir? Cos that’s how he finished up the movie.

So I'd also like to point out he's probably faster than they are based on book canon.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Is default for movie Cap now that he has Mjolnir? Cos that’s how he finished up the movie.
    Default cap is actually a tired old man with no weapons :P
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Default cap is actually a tired old man with no weapons :P
    That’s true. I kind of assumed we meant default ‘active’ Cap.

He's not as active as he used to be, but who's to say he couldn't kick yer butt.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I'm just teasing.

Yeesh, Mjolnir Cap cleans house. Lets stick to "solo film" Cap for gear
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I'm just teasing.

Yeesh, Mjolnir Cap cleans house. Lets stick to "solo film" Cap for gear
    No fair, why does Chief get his Mjolnir and Cap doesn't? Bias.

So I might be a little out of touch since the last book I read was Fall of Reach but....didn't Chief catch the equivalent of an ICBM and direct it back to where it came? I might be misremembering that as it's been years, but I do recall him being pretty freaking impressive in that book.

Quote Originally Posted by Seto Kaiba View Post
    So I might be a little out of touch since the last book I read was Fall of Reach but....didn't Chief catch the equivalent of an ICBM and direct it back to where it came? I might be misremembering that as it's been years, but I do recall him being pretty freaking impressive in that book.
    With the help of Cortana he reacted to/slapped away a Pelican Missile and it detonated a few meters from him, but the explosion bloodied his lip and drained his shield.

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    No fair, why does Chief get his Mjolnir and Cap doesn't? Bias.
    *throws curly fries at Captain Morgan*
    - big_adventure