Default Should Justice League be used as the "status of the DCU" series?

Besides Titans (before it was cancelled) it seems that JL was the title that actually address the Source Wall energy that was effecting the DCU. Seems that the JL title is used as the "state of the DCU", where we can get the ongoing state of things.

How do you like this?

As someone who really liked Justice League Unlimited I am a fan of Snyder’s idea that while not everyone around is a member of the league, the vast majority of the superhero community works with them and can visit the Hall of Justice. I also like how it’s used in books like Wonder Twins where they intern with the Justice League.

It doesn’t have to be a thing but it’s a nice touch to show a connected universe.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It was pretty much true during the Johns run too.

Hitch's run was where it was pretty inconsequential.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    As someone who really liked Justice League Unlimited I am a fan of Snyder’s idea that while not everyone around is a member of the league, the vast majority of the superhero community works with them and can visit the Hall of Justice. I also like how it’s used in books like Wonder Twins where they intern with the Justice League.

It doesn’t have to be a thing but it’s a nice touch to show a connected universe.
    If I could call the shot, I'd like to see interactions with the League kept to a smaller number of heroes. That's not because I think some aren't League-worthy - although I admit that I do think that. It's because I'd like a DCU that's broad enough that not every character will cross paths, not every pair of heroes are going to have similar interests or objectives, and not every hero would like the way the League does business and vice versa. That was kind of how the DCU was handled pre-Crisis, and it left room for a world that felt large, and full of possibilities. It's felt like it's been shrinking ever since.

Of course, my view is moot. In today's world, the publishers are not leaving any character worth even a cameo on the sidelines of The Events that dominate The Big Two.

Maybe have a setup where certain characters are reserve members, thus allowing for an easy guest-star or unconventional team up when the story calls for it?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe have a setup where certain characters are reserve members, thus allowing for an easy guest-star or unconventional team up when the story calls for it?
    I think that's kind of how Snyder is running his team when it's not the DCAU Big Seven.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

It depends entirely on the strength of the creative team. When Morrison, and Johns were writing it, it absolutely felt like the flagship of the DCU. When Gerard Jones and Bryan Hitch were writing? Not so much.