Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    You mean: Aquaman Annual#2.

I need to grab this up. Glad to know Hercules is written in a good light I can`t stand DC writting him as evilish out of silly reasons. Does he actually appear tho, or is he just mentioned?
    You know DC is the only place were Heracles is written as villainous (and even then he isn't the most despicable guy). By contrast the Amazons are almost always antagonists. Just think of Perez' Heracles as Miller's Superman- the guy has the same name but is just an alternate interpretation of the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    It wasn't a cameo, there was more WW than aquaman

get used to the extreme warrior portrayal, it will get more common after Azz get out. that's why i prefered the team up with Mera and not the one with aquaman
    is wondy's name on the book? no? it's a cameo

Quote Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
    is wondy's name on the book? no? it's a cameo
    Can we call her a special guest star and move on?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darius View Post
    basically the same thing but yea

BANNED

very special guest star, she is in more pages than Aquaman. If we changed the name for WW annual it wouldn't make much difference.
    cameo is something quick, few pages

basically the same thing but yea
    That was meant to be sarcasm not rude ... In re-reading I realize it may have came off wrong ... *the curse of having a sense of humor and no filter*

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    very special guest star, she is in more pages than Aquaman. If we changed the name for WW annual it wouldn't make much difference.
    cameo is something quick, few pages
    Does it really matter if you call her the "queen for an issue" or say "we're as bored of Aquaman as you are so we did an issue of WW instead"

BANNED

That was meant to be sarcasm not rude ... In re-reading I realize it may have came off wrong ... *the curse of having a sense of humor and no filter*
    don't worry, i got your joke lol

anyway the story was well written. wonder woman, aquaman and mera work well with each other

don't worry, i got your joke lol

anyway the story was well written. wonder woman, aquaman and mera work well with each other
    I didn't actually love the writing ... Felt a bit immature to me, but I would like to see WW interact more with AM and Mera ... Of all the JL he's the one most likely to understand her and how she thinks. I found their exchange during the war with Atlantis storyline very interesting. Showed that they "got" each other.

BANNED

I don't know, they redeemed him from time to time ... Hipollyte even forgave him for raping her and fell back in love with him during the early Perez years. And they did loosely base the reason the Amazons hated him off of the original myths. Heracles was always meant to be a "flawed" hero in the myths.
    The only actual redeeming full Wonder Woman story ever since Perez used the character, was the Wonder Girl mini by Torres. Byrne misued him, Heinberg misued him and so on. Heracles being a flawed hero is not the issue. Heroes need flaws, they need feet of clay, they need problems to resist against, physical and moral, otherwise there`s no "point" to it. Being flawed doesn`t make anyone a villain. Or an antagonist. Certainly not with the intent of just wanting to steal a kiss out of Diana.

Just having a different side to the story about invading Paradise Island is enough to make him an antagonist of the Amazons. Just like the Dead King treason is enough to make Aquaman and Hercules antagonists.

If you are turning him heel, make it a compeling reason. Otherwise it`s hard to swallow such a turn, considering that "hero" comes from "Heracles" since times past.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    You know DC is the only place were Heracles is written as villainous (and even then he isn't the most despicable guy). By contrast the Amazons are almost always antagonists. Just think of Perez' Heracles as Miller's Superman- the guy has the same name but is just an alternate interpretation of the character.
    That`s how I take it.

It`s not even whether it shouldn`t be allowed to be written as villanous. Every main hero got a "shadow" figure. If Superman is the apex of heroism in modern DCU, on another Earth he`s the most powerful supervillain.

What may irk me is the execution of it.

Extraordinary Member

Well all we know is that Diana thinks of him as noble. But is he?

It does raise questions about the. Amazons being on the island. If they were not persecuted, is it just because they hate men?

Because that would suck big time.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Well all we know is that Diana thinks of him as noble. But is he?

It does raise questions about the. Amazons being on the island. If they were not persecuted, is it just because they hate men?

Because that would suck big time.
    Fair questions.

I'm thinking we'll be getting an answer about the Amazons next month. Either in WW #35 or the Secret Origins story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Fair questions.

I'm thinking we'll be getting an answer about the Amazons next month. Either in WW #35 or the Secret Origins story.
    It's already been teased that they are on the Island at least partially to guard Dooms Doorway. They clearly are more ant-man than previous versions, but less anti-man than they started out ... Diana has taught her sisters at least some small bit of tolerance under Azzarello

Extraordinary Member

It's already been teased that they are on the Island at least partially to guard Dooms Doorway. They clearly are more ant-man than previous versions, but less anti-man than they started out ... Diana has taught her sisters at least some small bit of tolerance under Azzarello
    The Amazons feelings about the men on the island now reminds me of Darth Vader.

In Return of the Jedi, we see him turn on the Emperor to save his child. Everyone cheers and thinks what a good guy he is deep down.

Then in Revenge of the Sith, we find out he butchered a dozen innocent children because he was trying to save his own kids. So suddenly you're thinking that what happened in Jedi doesn't mean a damn thing except when it comes to protecting his own children he will throw ANYONE under the bus.

My point is, the Amazons haven't really shown yet that they are better people. Just that they are nice to people they have an attachment to doesn't show me they would not happily murder a random male they came across.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor