Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

spoilers:
    I did like that the cracks are happening both in the team and the reality and each split in the world is going through the recent era of X-Men. Marvelous X-Men seems like a send-off to that era before Hickman steps in. Also, really? At this point there should be things we expect and don’t expect from this book. We got the makeout-fest on Xavier’s Day, Jean and Nate talking about autonomy and free will, Department X v. Colossus, and Laura finding out that Bishop sort of exists. I just think that it’s easy to write off this book as “boring” and move on but I’m still invested. It’s at least better writing than Rosencanny.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Doubt.jpeg
    Look alive, True Believers!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Talk about a snooze fest.

Also, in case anyone had doubts about the bias Thompson/Nadler have towards Colossus/Nate, I hope that's over. Funny how Jean is on the cover and has little relevance overall. Let that be a lesson
    It takes real effort to turn Colossus into an even bigger bumbling creep than Guggs did. durrrr love smash!!! And I'm pretty sure T&N said in an interview that they enjoyed writing him the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    It takes real effort to turn Colossus into an even bigger bumbling creep than Guggs did. durrrr love smash!!! And I'm pretty sure T&N said in an interview that they enjoyed writing him the most.
    Red Alert.

Jean got more focus than last issue, but it wasn't satisfatory. Hope to get more on next issue and in Omega

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    20 pages of pretentious patter.
    This is an entire event of pretentious patter. Only Prisoner X is the outlier. This event is so far up its own ass thinking it’s so deep that it’s tasting dinner from last night.
    Last edited by Kurolegacy; 05-15-2019 at 07:39 AM.

NextGen this week was fabulous, and much better, but I liked this one also.

Nate's power seems to be finally extinguising, and he just can't keep this farse any longer. Colossus is so conflicted, that he chose violence, and I like that. Jean noticing how more powerful Nate is from everyone is a good thing that could create suspicion if it was introduced sooner.

I just wish this had happened before, so the story had more time for conflict and urgency. It is saddly too slow. NextGen, for example, was able to keep the urgency for various issues.

I hate how Jean is used in this book. She’s one of the founding X-Men and one of the most powerful psychics on the planet yet follows Nate’s words like a trained puppy. It’s such a waste of her power that she isn’t one of the people who at least begin to see through Nate’s lies with that role instead going to X-23.

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

For a minute i thought we were going to see a X-Tracts vs X-men battle. Seeing the different teams interact in the same situation showed the ideological differences between them. Moneta and her squad willingness to use violence to subdue others, while the X-men being conflicted on the issue showed a nice contrast between the 2 groups.Peter cutting loose against Department X was a nice addition to him coming to realization that something is wrong.

Astonishing Member

They left bishop's guns. Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They left bishop's guns. Why ?
    He pressed the button to hide the guns and the uniform on the closed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    He pressed the button to hide the guns and the uniform on the closed.
    They had psylock with them. You'd think they could quickly scan his mind, and remove them.

They had psylock with them. You'd think they could quickly scan his mind, and remove them.
    All she wanted to do was remove his presence from everyone’s mind but I’m not sure she thought he had the weapons at that moment

Psylocke didn't scan him. They needed to Laura find it to start questioning wtf the guns are doing on her house

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Department X didn’t, Bishop either set a trap in the Alpha issue or the world is glitching.
    he set up a trap

Extraordinary Member

Creepy Xavier was a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I hate how Jean is used in this book. She’s one of the founding X-Men and one of the most powerful psychics on the planet yet follows Nate’s words like a trained puppy. It’s such a waste of her power that she isn’t one of the people who at least begin to see through Nate’s lies with that role instead going to X-23.
    I think the idea is that Nate is keeping a big eye on her, not only because she is very powerful, but she already went against the regime with the Bishop situation. As the same with Storm, Nate seems to be keeping these strong mutants weakened. Since the phrase about not existing more Omega level mutants, Nate does not want to be challenged. With the Life Seed losing power, soon Jean will realise what is happening. She already said how much stronger he is. I think she will realise that's because he is under the influence of something and is keeping her weak.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Look alive, True Believers!

Jono: Cor! *dies*
    "Cable was right!"