Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Dr. Strange (MCU) vs. Captain Marvel (MCU)

Who wins in a battle between these two heroes? Dr. Strange does not have the time gem.

Fight One: standard battle
    Fight Two: equal speeds

Location A) the arena
    Location B) NYC

vs.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Strange has multiple BFR methods. He can cut her with portals. Transmute her into butterflies.

I'm just not sure if he can manage to get fancy while trying to not get zorched at the bell.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Who wins in a battle between these two heroes? Dr. Strange does not have the time gem.

Fight One: standard battle
    Fight Two: equal speeds

Location A) the arena
    Location B) NYC

vs.

Standard: She probably hits him before he can do anything. The End.

Equal Speed: Mutual destruction. He dimension dumps her just as she disintegrates him. If he chooses to raise a defense as his first move, it may be possible he could survive and then attack her but I don't know for sure.
    Power with Girl is better.

I don't recall any noteworthy reflex speed from Captain Marvel in her own movie, refresher ?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    I don't recall any noteworthy reflex speed from Captain Marvel in her own movie, refresher ?
    Nothing of note really.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

So, they're starting off at the same time, then? How fast can Strange start up his mirror dimension portal? And how large can he make it?
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Nothing of note really.
    So it's pretty much just a Quickdraw.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

So it's pretty much just a Quickdraw.
    Sorta? My thing is, Strange needs more gestures and what not to get his good stuff going. Carol is just point and click.

His defensive stuff is pretty fast. So he can likely block whatever. It then turns into "can strange get fancy while defending?". For my money, the answer is yes. I think he takes it more often than not but he's got to bring his A game.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Sorta? My thing is, Strange needs more gestures and what not to get his good stuff going. Carol is just point and click.

His defensive stuff is pretty fast. So he can likely block whatever. It then turns into "can strange get fancy while defending?". For my money, the answer is yes. I think he takes it more often than not but he's got to bring his A game.
    About where I'm at.

While he does need gesture time, he also reacted on the fly to incoming attacks from Thanos/The Gauntlet; while also being able to respond on his own. With Carol not having reflexes near on par with her travel speed, pretty much a "Strange's fight to lose" sort of thing.

Which he very well might, but not consistently enough for Carol to win overall.

Arx Inosaan

All that matters is the reaction time here. Who hits first? Sometimes, he seems to do things instantly. Sometimes it takes him a second. She can also just fire an energy blast.

Which one of them has the faster reaction time? Hard to say. She was an Air Force pilot so her reaction speed has got to be pretty darn amazing. But, for Rumbles purposes, very debatable and neither of them can take the other's best attack if it hits first.

About where I'm at.

While he does need gesture time, he also reacted on the fly to incoming attacks from Thanos/The Gauntlet; while also being able to respond on his own. With Carol not having reflexes near on par with her travel speed, pretty much a "Strange's fight to lose" sort of thing.

Which he very well might, but not consistently enough for Carol to win overall.
    Basically this. If they both go offense at the bell and assuming no solid evidence of who is faster in reaction time, they kill each other. But if Strange plays it smart and goes defense and actually succeeds in getting a defense in place, he should be able to withstand her attacks long enough to attack her in ways she cannot defend against. So it is his fight to lose and does come down to pure reaction speed.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Honestly, the only offensive things that aI can think of that Strange can use to actually *hurt* Carol are portal cuts, and Carol is probably too fast and maneuverable to easily target with that.

The Mirror Dimension is a good AOE attack to ten count with, but even assuming that her link to the Space Stone doesn't give some ability to counter/resist that or the portal cuts (which, to be clear, she has absolutely zero feats for doing anything even kind of resembling that), would not be an instant win because he goes into the Mirror Dimension with the target and had to Sling Ring himself out, which is going to take a small amount of time that he has to split between not being zapped in retaliation, though that arguably will result in a double KO on the grounds that she probably can't escape the Mirror Dimension by herself.

Slapping her soul out should be an instant win, but he had never shown that ability yet, and getting within slapping range of Captain Marvel is probably a terrible idea in any case.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Honestly, the only offensive things that aI can think of that Strange can use to actually *hurt* Carol are portal cuts, and Carol is probably too fast and maneuverable to easily target with that.

The Mirror Dimension is a good AOE attack to ten count with, but even assuming that her link to the Space Stone doesn't give some ability to counter/resist that or the portal cuts (which, to be clear, she has absolutely zero feats for doing anything even kind of resembling that), would not be an instant win because he goes into the Mirror Dimension with the target and had to Sling Ring himself out, which is going to take a small amount of time that he has to split between not being zapped in retaliation, though that arguably will result in a double KO on the grounds that she probably can't escape the Mirror Dimension by herself.

Slapping her soul out should be an instant win, but he had never shown that ability yet, and getting within slapping range of Captain Marvel is probably a terrible idea in any case.
    Feats dictate what can and can't be done, and without an evidence to imply she can resist being dimension dumped there's no reason to assume she can.

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Feats dictate what can and can't be done, and without an evidence to imply she can resist being dimension dumped there's no reason to assume she can.
    Which is why I said that she has no feats for that; I just like being complete about possible factors. Just like I mentioned knocking souls/astral bodies for Strange, when we never saw anyone but The Ancient One and, I think, Kaecilius (who both had unique abilities due to their contact with Dormammu) do that, because that's an extremely useful ability that he could theoretically have.

If it comes to a quickdraw, I'd bet on a former fighter pilot who later gained heavy melee training over a former surgeon who later gained heavy melee training, but neither of them has spectacular feats of reflex speed that I can recall.
    Last edited by The Drunkard Kid; 05-14-2019 at 10:08 PM.

Dr Strange conjured those shields almost instantly when he first faced Dormammu.