Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Yeah, let's think this through for a second: imagine if a man wanted to rape his ex-wife with whom he has a kid, and does so by drugging her and pretending to be her current partner. This would be a traumatic event that would cause upheaval with comic readers and not just them. However, since the genders were reversed and the ex-wife is hot, then it's no big deal.
    Maybe. But the writing is a big reason. Scott is like "oops I had psychic sex with another person by mistake. oh silly me LOL". It was a bad follow up, hard to feel somethin gif writing says that it wasn't a big deal
    And this was all before comics became more woke about this. When happened with Aqueman recently people pointed this to the writer. it was a major issue

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    But why would Sinister care. Emma and Scott hasn't been together for some time
    Sinister is a super Jott shipper, he might see Emma in the way of what he wants.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

1) He might not know this. 2) There have been significant time-gaps between Bendis' last issue of Uncanny and everything that happened afterward (TRO and after Secret Wars) that there was time for them to be back together, or at least leaning that way if the writers wanted (certainly Emma's actions in DoX and IvX make more sense if they just got back together again, though it's not really indispensable) 3) Sinister just likes to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What?!!
    When was Logan raped?
    Not Logan, it was Scott.

Nvm he was also
    Last edited by bell; 05-09-2019 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Back in Japan, Mystique was disguised as Yukio, is explicity stated that he wouldn't have done that if he knew that it was her, so yeah..., he probably doesn't know about it though, i'm not sure if he ever found out about his ruse.
    Well.... Even Logan.

Maybe. But the writing is a big reason. Scott is like "oops I had psychic sex with another person by mistake. oh silly me LOL". It was a bad follow up, hard to feel somethin gif writing says that it wasn't a big deal
    And this was all before comics became more woke about this. When happened with Aqueman recently people pointed this to the writer. it was a major issue
    Oh yeah, Bunn's Aquaman, does were dark times.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Back in Japan, Mystique was disguised as Yukio, is explicity stated that he wouldn't have done that if he knew that it was her, so yeah..., he probably doesn't know about it though, i'm not sure if he ever found out about his ruse.
    Ugh, this is horrible. What kind of people writes things like that. Rape is wrong no matter the gender or circunstances.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

A combination of Sinister being stuck in a death loop and desperation carefully presented as dignified scheming. This whole run seems to be about breaking Scott rather than killing him. Rewriting history so Scott would get blamed for everything and then have his crazy-ex show up to "save" him would drive basically anyone crazy.

Also, Gillen tried to make Sinister mega gay for Wolverine, so him not keeping up with Cyke's relationship status could be a legitimate plot point.

If there is anyone that Chamber should be mad at, shouldn’t it be...himself? What sane person leaves their deceased girlfriend’s toddler with someone that chucks knives and tentacles at everything that breathes and moves..WHO ALSO LIVES IN THE SEWERS? Xavier’s simulation is glitching hard.

Ugh, this is horrible. What kind of people writes things like that. Rape is wrong no matter the gender or circunstances.
    To be fair it wasn't portrayed as ok. Just as an example of Mystique growing villany and getting revenge of Logan for killing her. Still pretty awfull though.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Mystique also took pictures of the rape & sent them to Logan's girlfriend at the time. Then she later laughs about it & says she's while she's just made love to Logan, she's not done screwing him yet. And not to mention her smooching with Creed before this & promising him that she's just testing her powers & won't enjoy it much.

Yet Mystique is still seen as a "grey" character by some, rather than psycho. Anyway, writer was Jason Aaron. So that explains it.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-09-2019 at 05:51 PM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    If there is anyone that Chamber should be mad at, shouldn’t it be...himself? What sane person leaves their deceased girlfriend’s toddler with someone that chucks knives and tentacles at everything that breathes and moves..WHO ALSO LIVES IN THE SEWERS? Xavier’s simulation is glitching hard.
    Assuming this whole thing is a Xavier mind-screw as opposed to a Sinister mind-screw, I can't help but wonder if the X-Office thought of the implications of Xavier basically roleplaying/dressing up as Scott's ex-girlfriend just to hurt his feelings and "fix" him.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Assuming this whole thing is a Xavier mind-screw as opposed to a Sinister mind-screw, I can't help but wonder if the X-Office thought of the implications of Xavier basically roleplaying/dressing up as Scott's ex-girlfriend just to hurt his feelings and "fix" him.
    Xavier: Scott, it's time for you to face the truth. Your fetish with psychics all started with me.
    Scott:..........
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Scott needs to find someone other then a x woman. All his exs have abuse him one way or the other.
    And if this is Sinister trolling Scott and making him be a cry baby, I can only hope the Black King fixes him up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Xavier: Scott, it's time for you to face the truth. Your fetish with psychics all started with me.
    Scott:..........
    This made me laugh but then it began to sinknin and it made me ill