Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Does 'Australia of Atlantis' mean BLOODY BRILLIANT PLACE TO LIVE????
    Absolutely.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    yes indeed, but a movie lasts 2hrs trying to explain xebel as a convict kingdom and what it involves, in already complicated plot would have made things confused to audiences.
    On the hand the approach of the movie is a new version which did not displease me that much.
    Maybe the sequels can explore the penal colony angle more thoroughly. Glad the Trench is getting its own movie. That's a great idea. Hope it stars Dolphin and the Sea Devils.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Booster Gold as the secret guardian of the timestream.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Maybe the sequels can explore the penal colony angle more thoroughly. Glad the Trench is getting its own movie. That's a great idea. Hope it stars Dolphin and the Sea Devils.
    Yup. I like the penal colony angle too. Not so sure about the Trench movie though. It could definitely go sideways quickly.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Yup. I like the penal colony angle too. Not so sure about the Trench movie though. It could definitely go sideways quickly.
    the first movie eliminated the penal colony angle making all kingdoms equal, the sequel I believe will deal less with Atlantis, Xebel etc

Astonishing Member

1) The rebirth and revitalization of Hal Jordan Green Lantern to the DCU, from Blackest Night to Rebirth to the highpoint impo the Sinestro Corps War
    2) Reinstalling the Justice Society of America in to the foundation of the 'crowded earth' in a meaningful way.
    3) Bringing back the Levitz era Legion of Super Heroes, the originals with a historical tie to Superman before all the reboots.

I liked his Flash and Titans stories as well but those three are why he is my favorite DC writer ever because he did great things with my three all time DC properties, mentioned above.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Green Lantern will always be Geoff John's Masterpiece in my books.

- He dug Hal out of what I thought was an impossible hole with Parallax. A snap of the fingers wasn't going to fix this. Hal had to claw his way out and fix each problem one by one. It wasn't easy and it was said even fellow heroes desecrated his grave. Hal also took responsibility and never shifted the blame to anybody other than himself. He'd acknowledge the existence of Parallax, but if you asked who was responsible for the destruction of the corps, he'd say that it was him. Eventually he made his way back. Even Sinestro himself acknowledged Hal's Accomplishment.

- Sinestro and his Corps: Geoff Johns put Sinestro on the map as one of the most dangerous villains out there. From the person being responsible for directing Parallax to ruin Hal to making his own Corps. Sinestro really became a big threat. What I also loved about his story telling was that you saw the POV from Sinestro's eyes too. He wasn't a villain doing something because it was bad. He had reasons for his actions and some of them were certainly understandable

- Spectrum and Blackest Night: Geoff's Writing was ahead of its time. Reading these story arcs was no different than binge watching a series on Netflix

- New Characters: Larfleez, Atrocitus, etc. I find in today's age, there is a lack of originality. Mostly classic characters getting revamped and reused. To have new characters stick around is something worth noting

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I would say it was the Emotional Spectrum. I think the different color lanterns are cool and makes the GL franchise very marketable. A lot of people dig the different colored lanterns and buy the merch for whichever one they love. It's like having an interest horoscopes.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

His JSA run, particularly the first half from before Infinite Crisis, will forever be his magnum opus as far as I'm concerned. While the back half isn't as strong, it didn't overstay its welcome as Green Lantern seemed to (frankly, it's excellent until Blackest Night and then felt a bit weak afterwards in comparison).

Honorable mentions to his GL (Rebirth until Blackest Night), Hawkman, Flash and Aquaman. All of which he helped revitalize sans Flash, which was already doing just fine after Waid's legendary run and Millar/Morrison's short stint.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-22-2019 at 10:18 PM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

His run on Wally will always be my favorite.

green lantern rebirth will always be at the top, but doomsday clock sure is closing the gap.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Lots of stuff.

His AQUAMAN stuff is top notch. Just so, so good.

Incredible Member

I can’t think of anything Johns has done that I DIDN’T like. He’s the guy at DC who understands what a legacy is. Yeah, he brought back Hal and Barry but Dido had already decided that was going to happen. Johns just did it in a way that allowed the legacies to be carried on even if Dido ended up ensuring they didn’t. This JSA, Green Lantern, Justice League, Infinite Crisis, Flash, Star Girl limited, Hackman, Superman, I loved it all. Seriously. Geoff Johns is who I think of when I think of DC. He’s the guys that brought hope back only to hav others piss all over it.

Extraordinary Member

While I detest most things Geoff Johns, I have to say, I really did enjoy those fist 23 issues or so of his Teen Titans run. As a HUGE Young Justice fan, I was fully prepared to hate it, but the only things I didn't care for were Bart's id switch up to Kid Flash and the Titans Tomorrow arc. Most every other arc in those first 23 issues were absolute gold.

I also like the fact that he brought the Legion back into Superman continuity even though I thought most of his Superman stories were a complete bore.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.