Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

The Sinister Six used to have an annual team softball game but it ended after Kraven's last bunt.

Superb issue; I thought the arc slowed down a little bit last issue but this really delivered. My only qualm was how quickly the Vermins overtook Peter; we have seen him fight his way out of equally tough ---if not tougher---jams of great numbers like that before. Why not leap/swing away? Did they really overwhelm him that quickly? If you wanna tell me he's still sick and not at peak fighting form, we haven't seen evidence of that since Chapter 1. My one gripe about this issue/story thus far.....otherwise, loving it and I am still convinced Curt sacrifices himself to save Billy in the finale which seems all but telegraphed this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I think Connors was a little too tough with Spider-Man. I mean, I understand his point, being a father has a whole level of sense to the word "responsibility". But even so, your actions shouldn't be only about what to do to protect your child, but also what kind of example you want to show him. I mean, Renew Your Vows is a good example:

In this reality, we have a father version of Spidey, and in the first issue, he killed Venom knowing he would never stop to make Spider-Man suffer. That could even include hurting baby Annie. I don't blame Peter for that. And when he faced Doc Ock, he mocks about keep coming for Spidey and his beloved ones; and Peter showed Ock he doesn't take that kind of treat lightly. However, when the Regent was going to kill Annie, and Peter seemed to be about to do the same thing, he just knocked him hard because he didn't want Annie thinks the easiest way to all problems is always the best option.
    I've actually got a working theory that the centi-demon is baby May or baby Annie, so that speech is actually laying the seeds for Peter facing up to his own responsibilities as a parent later on.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Superb issue; I thought the arc slowed down a little bit last issue but this really delivered. My only qualm was how quickly the Vermins overtook Peter; we have seen him fight his way out of equally tough ---if not tougher---jams of great numbers like that before. Why not leap/swing away? Did they really overwhelm him that quickly? If you wanna tell me he's still sick and not at peak fighting form, we haven't seen evidence of that since Chapter 1. My one gripe about this issue/story thus far.....otherwise, loving it and I am still convinced Curt sacrifices himself to save Billy in the finale which seems all but telegraphed this issue.
    Peter couldn't beat one Vermin in KLH, so him getting washed by a swarm of them is another reference but also what would actually happen.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I've actually got a working theory that the centi-demon is baby May or baby Annie, so that speech is actually laying the seeds for Peter facing up to his own responsibilities as a parent later on.
    Yeesshh......that would be a tough, tough sell even for Spencer.

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Superb issue; I thought the arc slowed down a little bit last issue but this really delivered. My only qualm was how quickly the Vermins overtook Peter; we have seen him fight his way out of equally tough ---if not tougher---jams of great numbers like that before. Why not leap/swing away? Did they really overwhelm him that quickly? If you wanna tell me he's still sick and not at peak fighting form, we haven't seen evidence of that since Chapter 1.
    has he fought since Chapter 1? he has some significant bruising beneath the costume.

and I think that you are wrong about Billy. I don't think he will be "saved." I have a feeling that there will not be a happy ending on that front. i'm half expecting billy to rip his dad's throat out or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    has he fought since Chapter 1? he has some significant bruising beneath the costume.

and I think that you are wrong about Billy. I don't think he will be "saved." I have a feeling that there will not be a happy ending on that front. i'm half expecting billy to rip his dad's throat out or something.
    Wow, that would be.....dark.

And the bruising (mostly scars, I think) under his costume is all from the Vermins attack-----he said Kraven's potions saved his life as he was near death after their attack but scars remained.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I've thought about it going that way, though the biggest hurdle is that he says he was the one who brought Mysterio back to life, which happened before OMD (during the Civil War era), so he's most likely not some kind of iteration/reincaranted entity that was created from the deal.

the biggest clue that we've gotten so far (from my perspective) is that the Centidemon wasn't cool with Peter's choice of love interest.

Last edited by Michael Watkins; 05-17-2019 at 10:56 PM.

If Morning Glories season 3 gets announced tomorrow, then that kills the theory that Centipede is Joe Eisma, looking to kill Spider-Man so Spencer will have time to send him scripts.

Flu you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I've thought about it going that way, though the biggest hurdle is that he says he was the one who brought Mysterio back to life, which happened before OMD (during the Civil War era), so he's most likely not some kind of iteration/reincaranted entity that was created from the deal.
    To be fair, we know from OMD/OMIT that demons can alter the past, so it's possible that Centidemon, if it is baby May, once she acquired demonic powers, went back to before she became the Centidemon and brought Mysterio back for her own reasons. I'm sure it wouldn't be the first time a plotpoint was explained by a character travelling back in time from the narrative's future.

Astonishing Member

Another great chapter of the Hunted story arc.
    This story and ASM:20 were great reads.Enjoying the story,the plot is complicated with several characters but i think the story is not falling a part,the pacing of the story is slower but if the concusion is good i think that won´t be something that make the story boring.So i am looking forward to the conclusion in the next issue.

Okay, I know I skipped doing a review of Amazing Spider-Man #20, but hopefully this review for Amazing Spider-Man #21 makes up for that. Especially since, of those two issues, I find issue #21 to be the more interesting and compelling of the two because it directly challenges Spidey's code.

Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 5 No. 21: Spidey’s forced to make a hard choice
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

We've been getting so much ASM recently that this week not having the finale has created a void in my soul. I yearn for you, Kraven. RISE!