Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Not enough Taskmaster, Black Ant, or Janice imo. But I'm still onboard.

I agree but I’ll bet Spencer has them play a larger role somewhere down the line. Especially Janice.

I Erik has a soul as an LMD? Maybe that will be fleshed out as well down the road.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    So does that mean...
    spoilers:
    Ben isn't that much of a villain considering everything he did in Clone Conspiracy? He was unstable after many deaths and resurrections, but he did it with good intensions. Clone Conspiracy was bad, but this whole soul thing makes it better in some ways? I don't know how to put it into words. I'm huge fan of Ben so it's very important to me.
    end of spoilers

That's how people like me said the Clone Conspiracy stuff worked from the beginning. I'd argue it was very strongly implied that's how it worked in the story at very least that is how Ben himself viewed what he was doing but other characters and the readers did not see it that way. Nice to see it confirmed that some of us were on the right wavelength.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orbus View Post
    That's how people like me said the Clone Conspiracy stuff worked from the beginning. I'd argue it was very strongly implied that's how it worked in the story at very least that is how Ben himself viewed what he was doing but other characters and the readers did not see it that way. Nice to see it confirmed that some of us were on the right wavelength.
    To quote the great Rusty Venture, when convincing his sorcerer neighbor that reviving the dead with clones is basically the same thing as necromancy: "Church - lab. Soul - synapses. Purgatory - computer. Get over yourself."

Well place your bets, Lizard VS Kraven Jr and Spider VS Kraven Sr.

Personally i hope Spencer keeps this flow he built up going to the end because i want to see what happens to the Connors, Felicia, Peter, Mj, etc!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    The soul stuff left an opening for Black Ant to really be Eric O'Grady. Seems like there might be a soul depot for artificial beings.
    Soooo, does this also mean Kingpin murdered his wife?

Quote Originally Posted by ngroove View Post
    big daddy doesn't have patience for any of this resurrection crap
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Spectacular Member

Wrong thread
    Last edited by Noronha; 05-16-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post
    I´ve been loving this series so far and since my favourite decade is the 80s I was really hyped for this issue.

Unfortunately a couple of things made my feel like this was the weakest one.

Example, Peter is what, 37 in this issue?
    He sounds like he's 50 or something.

Of course he should be slowing down but at 37 you can still be in excellent shape especially I´d imagine, if you have super powers.

Another example and this is the thing that bothers me, why is he so miserable all time?
    I mean he basically fulfilled his life long dream, be married to a woman he loves and be a father while managing his personal and professional life.

Yes there's May but come on...why on earth would that be enough for him to be miserable all the time?

MJ comes out of this issue (heck this series) as an amazing woman that did everything to make Peter happy and he just mopes, runs away and eventually makes her leave with the kids?

It´s a shame because the family setup was a really nice one and I just don't think there are enough reasons for Peter to act the way he does without coming off as depressing, moping old guy who doesn't give a s*** about his wife and kids.
    hunted sounds just like life story

marvel needs some new ideas
    troo fan or death

Spectacular Member

it is isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Noronha View Post

it is isn't it?

justdiscoveredcbrlimitspoststo3smileysthemoreyoukn ooooow
    troo fan or death

thank god spencer realized that peter is in exact perfect age demographic to have watched that's so raven
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

i didn't even know that she was dead. last time i saw her, she had arranged for the death of her son.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Well place your bets, Lizard VS Kraven Jr and Spider VS Kraven Sr.
    Senior will get the death that he wants. but i doubt it will be by Peter's hand.

Junior will have to pay for his impulsiveness. i imagine that he will be mortally wounded by the Lizard.

Astonishing Member

I think Connors was a little too tough with Spider-Man. I mean, I understand his point, being a father has a whole level of sense to the word "responsibility". But even so, your actions shouldn't be only about what to do to protect your child, but also what kind of example you want to show him. I mean, Renew Your Vows is a good example:

In this reality, we have a father version of Spidey, and in the first issue, he killed Venom knowing he would never stop to make Spider-Man suffer. That could even include hurting baby Annie. I don't blame Peter for that. And when he faced Doc Ock, he mocks about keep coming for Spidey and his beloved ones; and Peter showed Ock he doesn't take that kind of treat lightly. However, when the Regent was going to kill Annie, and Peter seemed to be about to do the same thing, he just knocked him hard because he didn't want Annie thinks the easiest way to all problems is always the best option.

I'm curious because we have alot going on and alot of moving pieces in place, so I wonder if they'll be able to wrap it all up nicely within just two more issues. We got Spidey vs. Kraven, Lizard Vs. Clone Son, the Hunters vs. Villains, and then all the obvious aftermath stuff. Wonder if there's something more we're gonna get beyond just the fighting. The Centidemon/MJ stuff is almost certainly gonna be 24 and 25 so that doesn't have to worry about fitting in this too much.

Technically yeah, though the way Fisk sees it, she still came back in the wrong way, and in a failing body, so thinks she doesn't deserve to live like that. That's something I've really liked about the portrayal of Fisk, is that he still has his longing affection for his wife, but he's also been able to move on and doesn't need to force her to come back, which is referenced in my favourite moment from Spider-Men II.

Although that does remind me from #7 when Centidemon taunts Kingpin with his wife, so I wonder if that will come into play at all again.