Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Amazing Spider-Man #21: Hunted Part 5

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

is there a fifth page

is newsarama betraying me again

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Arcade and White Rabbit used to be an item. looks like someone took the breakup hard.

BANNED

After being somewhat disheartened with this story for a bit now, I thought this was a sufficient turnaround, if only slightly.

spoilers:
    -Caroline Trainer made a cameo.
    MJ doesn't appear, but Peter declares his love for her while the Vermins rip into him. He's saved by Kraven.
    Another callback to Kraven's Last Hunt with Peter in that warm white void he experiences when near death. I was expecting Ned to appear again, but no dice, instead Kraven shows up demanding Peter "rise"
    Curt telling Peter he knows nothing of responsibility until he has kids? Hmm, wonder if that's foreshadowing anything.
    Curt went to Doc Strange to verify that it is indeed Billy's original soul in the cloned body. Guess Nick's still following that narrative from Clone Conspiracy.
    Poor Peter finally does something, he has to sever the inhibitor chip from Curt to make him transform and possess the strength necessary to stop Kraven's clone from killing Billy and Felicia
    end of spoilers

Something big for me happened in this issue involving not The Hunt storyline that is happening but past storylines and involving other characters
    spoilers:

particularly characters from Clone Conspiracy.

I was very happy to see Doctor Strange show up with Connor wanting his son inspected. So many times during the Dead No More/Clone Conspiracy the constant questioning if such people are truly resurrected or not or new souls thus new people and the debates of it all with me meantoning the importance of body, mind, and soul and what can be considered version one of a person vs a new person/version of a being on a single Multiverse Earth. To me the body has least importance but mind and greatly soul does. For me The most important and what counts as 'resurrection' for me is the soul aspect and mind right middle (Version one people get brainwashed all the time yet still the same person but influenced in a direction not of their own doing but others). So Doctor Strange conforming it's Billy's soul and not a new one by defacto means EVERYBODY in Clone Conspiracy was version one resurrections.

All of them were people that was resurrected and once more many of them died again. That would mean Gwen Stacy version 1 of 616 has had two deaths officially to her one with the neck snapping and two with her self sacrificing herself to help Peter and take on three goblins (but as always we only saw the jacket and peter speculating not Gwen melting with readers seeing with our own eyes thus door open that maybe the Centipede Being is Gwen, Flash, or any other character(s) that is 'dead' for whatever reasons magical or alien or science mumbo jumbo).

But ultimately so many times during the whole clone/made by or other matters by science and alien and magic tales involving 'are they version ones or new versions souls' questioning I often thought "Go to a magic user/Doctor Strange and just find out idiots". Connors did just that while Peter would hem and haw.
    Second thing either way then would be 'go to a therapist/psychologist'. If not for identity crisis situations then just from the matters of people that suffer from near death experiences would need help and thus memories of death might be PTSD for anybody. Connors unfortunately couldn't do that for Billy and his wife as I can't think of who he might be able to turn to.
    end of spoilers

So does that mean...
    spoilers:
    Ben isn't that much of a villain considering everything he did in Clone Conspiracy? He was unstable after many deaths and resurrections, but he did it with good intensions. Clone Conspiracy was bad, but this whole soul thing makes it better in some ways? I don't know how to put it into words. I'm huge fan of Ben so it's very important to me.
    end of spoilers

I like it so far. Next issue is the last one?