BANNED

Default Does Far From Home Herald Spider-Man's Transition to Sony?

In the new trailer, Quentin Beck reveals that he is not from MCU's ''Universe'' and the Multiverse is once again referenced (the first time being in Dr Strange).
    The deal between Marvel Studios and Sony expires after FFH and rumours has it that none of the companies intend to renew it and Sony is in a very good road establishing their own cinematic universe.
    So... Is it possible that Far From Home might be Spider-Man's exit from the MCU?

The deal was for three Spider-Man films and three Disney films (those being Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame). There's a third Spider-Man film after this one.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    The deal was for three Spider-Man films and three Disney films (those being Civil War, Infinity War, and Endgame). There's a third Spider-Man film after this one.
    Midnight's Edge says that the deal expires after FFH.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Midnight's Edge says that the deal expires after FFH.
    Midnght's Edge is not a refutable source. They're also comicsgaters.

Astonishing Member

I keep hearing this rumor, and frankly, I'm not really sure what Sony's incentive is to pull the plug on the deal.

I can see them, at most, negotiating to be allowed to have Peter Parker appear in films set in their own verse - either played by Holland or someone else. Maybe negotiate to have other Marvel characters appear in those films, if they want. I can also see them maybe raising the licensing fee or whatever they're charging Marvel.

But I really don't see any reason for them to kill the deal altogether and pull Spider-Man out of the MCU...unless some kind of sheer spite is involved.

I don't think they'll set up a different world, since that seems a bit too convoluted. If Sony and Disney cut ties, the easiest resolution is just to continue the films without referencing any MCU characters.

I have thought it would be cool to do spoilers:
    a 20th anniversary film bringing back the Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield Spider-Men. This could be a way to set that up, perhaps with a reveal that Mysterio comes from one of their worlds/
    end of spoilers

Another possibility is spoilers:
    that all the Multiverse stuff is just an illusion, part of an elaborate ploy by a supervillain who specializes in that.
    end of spoilers
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    I keep hearing this rumor, and frankly, I'm not really sure what Sony's incentive is to pull the plug on the deal.
    There is none. It's entirely to Sony's benefit to keep this going.

Anyone thinking that Sony is like, eh, let's walk away from being associated with the most successful franchise in movies is an idiot.

Especially when they keep all the profit. All they do is pay Marvel a producer's fee.

It's a sweetheart deal for Sony. I see them wanting to keep it going indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Midnght's Edge is not a refutable source. They're also comicsgaters.
    Didn't know they were officially Comicsgaters, although I have seen them express compatible ideology. They are not a credible source, though; look at their Star Trek: Discovery videos. It's some fact, but a lot of speculation and rumor presented as fact, which basically stacks the deck to fit their biases (e.g. DSC and new Trek is unpopular and doesn't sell and all everyone wants is old classic Trek).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    There is none. It's entirely to Sony's benefit to keep this going.

Anyone thinking that Sony is like, eh, let's walk away from being associated with the most successful franchise in movies is an idiot.

Especially when they keep all the profit. All they do is pay Marvel a producer's fee.

It's a sweetheart deal for Sony. I see them wanting to keep it going indefinitely.
    ^^^^^^^^^^
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

its more likely for them to renew the deal cause the partnership is doing more for them than they themselves ever did with the character