Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    No, the problem is people ask questions and demand details that ultimately don’t matter.

The scene stands on its own just fine.
    And all to frequently they ask questions that the movie specifically answers, and when this is pointed out to them they insist otherwise.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Everyone is ignoring the biggest plot hole of them all. How come in GoTG, 2014 Thanos is thin and has light blue skin, but in Endgame, 2014 Thanos has dark blue skin and is wider?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This is exactly how I saw it and the Russos interviews seem to line up with this. But I can see how people see it the other way after that scene.
    NOT erased. SAVED. Not erased.

BANNED

THE ANCIENT ONE (drawing a golden line in the air with the Infinity Stones represented at one point in the line):

The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones...

(flicks the time stone out of the line)

...and that flow splits.

(A black line splits off from the golden line curving away into the distance)

SUPPERHERO: this doesn't refer to the creation of the branched reality. It's not the removal of the stones/objects to create the branched reality, but the mere presence of the time traveler in the past, since he is not supposed to "exist" there.

THE BLACK LINE is the "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, which would become problematic without the stone(s), since the people of THAT branched reality could not solve their issues with "their" Thanos without the stone(s).

That may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branched reality, without the chief weapon against the the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun, millions will suffer. Tell me doctor, can your science prevent all that?

BRUCE BANNER:

No, but we can erase it. Because once we've got the stones, we can return it...

SUPPERHERO: NOT erasing the branched reality. Banner is referring to the "corruption" of the events, the negative "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, where a stone is missing and that stops the timeline to "fix" its coherence issues.

(puts the time stone back into the same place in the golden line, and the black line fades to nothing)

...to it's own timeline. So chronologically, in that reality, it never left.

------------------------

BRUCE BANNER:

You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them, or you're gonna add to the deflection of the alternate realities.

STEVE ROGERS:

Don worry Bruce. I'll clip all the branches.

SUPPERHERO: Cap is returning back the stuff in order TO SAVE THOSE BRANCHED REALITIES, not making them erased. They cannot be erased. They exist and will exist forever. The mere presence of the time travelers in the past created them in the very first place.

Case closed.
    Last edited by Mutant 77; 05-12-2019 at 09:53 AM.

BANNED

I love Supper-Heroes.

They save me from starvation.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I love Supper-Heroes.

They save me from starvation.
    LOL. You said it!

I don't remember all the past movies enough to comment on everything but Cap staying in the past with Peggy Carter changing things assumes a whole bunch of stuff.

It probably assumes that key people besides her knew he was there and that he gave away a bunch of information about the future that they proceeded to use. His very presence would change things somewhat but we don't know. And maybe in the next phase we will find out the past did happen differently but not in ways that were obvious in Endgame.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by BatKeaton View Post
    THE ANCIENT ONE (drawing a golden line in the air with the Infinity Stones represented at one point in the line):

The Infinity Stones create what you experience as the flow of time. Remove one of the stones...

(flicks the time stone out of the line)

...and that flow splits.

(A black line splits off from the golden line curving away into the distance)

SUPPERHERO: this doesn't refer to the creation of the branched reality. It's not the removal of the stones/objects to create the branched reality, but the mere presence of the time traveler in the past, since he is not supposed to "exist" there.

THE BLACK LINE is the "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, which would become problematic without the stone(s), since the people of THAT branched reality could not solve their issues with "their" Thanos without the stone(s).

That may benefit your reality, but my new one, not so much. In this new branched reality, without the chief weapon against the the forces of darkness, our world will be overrun, millions will suffer. Tell me doctor, can your science prevent all that?

BRUCE BANNER:

No, but we can erase it. Because once we've got the stones, we can return it...

SUPPERHERO: NOT erasing the branched reality. Banner is referring to the "corruption" of the events, the negative "deflection" of the already-split branched reality, where a stone is missing and that stops the timeline to "fix" its coherence issues.

(puts the time stone back into the same place in the golden line, and the black line fades to nothing)

...to it's own timeline. So chronologically, in that reality, it never left.

------------------------

BRUCE BANNER:

You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got them, or you're gonna add to the deflection of the alternate realities.

STEVE ROGERS:

Don worry Bruce. I'll clip all the branches.

SUPPERHERO: Cap is returning back the stuff in order TO SAVE THOSE BRANCHED REALITIES, not making them erased. They cannot be erased. They exist and will exist forever. The mere presence of the time travelers in the past created them in the very first place.

Case closed.
    So...

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...ampaign=CBR-TW

Avengers: Endgame Writers Confirm Identity of Peggy Carter's Husband
    Following the climax of Avengers: Endgame, Chris Evans' Steve Rogers went back in time to return the Infinity Stones his team borrowed, only to remain in the past and marry Peggy Carter. However, rather than this being an alternate reality, Endgame's writers have said they believe this was merely closing the loop and Steve had always been married to Peggy, referencing what we saw on screen in Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

"It was always our intention that he was the father of those two children. But again, there are time travel loopholes for that," Endgame writer Stephen McFeely told The Hollywood Reporter.

In The Winter Soldier, an older Peggy told Steve she had two kids with a husband whom Cap actually saved in World War II. This indicated she'd moved on when Steve went under the ice, although we never found out the identity of the man or saw their children.

More importantly, if Steve really is the father, then their kids would have super-soldier blood running through their veins. "It does introduce the idea that there are two children who have somewhat super soldier DNA," co-writer Christopher Markus added.

It's an interesting notion because it indicates this time-traveling Steve lived a secret life with Peggy away from S.H.I.E.L.D. and let everything, including the start of Nick Fury's Avengers initiative, play out as seen in the Marvel Cinematic Universe while also hiding two super-soldier kids from the rest of the world.
    That's the folks involved saying that it isn't some scenario where multiple pasts all exist. That Steve was simply taking part in the timeline that we have always known.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So...

https://www.cbr.com/avengers-endgame...ampaign=CBR-TW

That's the folks involved saying that it isn't some scenario where multiple pasts all exist. That Steve was simply taking part in the timeline that we have always known.
    Aside from the fact that he's attributing statements to supperheroes that they (or anyone in the movie) never actually said, he's also made it clear in previous posts that he considers what the supperheroes actually did say to be purile. So, there's really not much point in continuing the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Aside from the fact that he's attributing statements to supperheroes that they (or anyone in the movie) never actually said, he's also made it clear in previous posts that he considers what the supperheroes actually did say to be purile. So, there's really not much point in continuing the conversation.
    Well, that one played into one of the other posts as well(how could Steve have lived a completely "under the radar" life?).

That said, yep. I get where you are coming from.

Extraordinary Member

Oh how convenient time traveling Steve was always there. That's just bad..

This thread is largely filled with stuff that was answered in film for the keen and eagle-eyed person.

My big PLOT-HOLE related question I haven't seen addressed so far is ...

Shortly after we see Ant-Man drop some Quantum knowledge on Tony, he goes back and opens a model for time travel. And solves it. So Tony just had an almost-working time-travel model lying around that just happened to be based on string theory and quantum mechanics? Of course he does, he's Tony Stark!

I guess it's less of a plot hole and more of a gripe that Tony was the epicenter of everything in the MCU up to this point.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This thread is largely filled with stuff that was answered in film for the keen and eagle-eyed person.

My big PLOT-HOLE related question I haven't seen addressed so far is ...

Shortly after we see Ant-Man drop some Quantum knowledge on Tony, he goes back and opens a model for time travel. And solves it. So Tony just had an almost-working time-travel model lying around that just happened to be based on string theory and quantum mechanics? Of course he does, he's Tony Stark!

I guess it's less of a plot hole and more of a gripe that Tony was the epicenter of everything in the MCU up to this point.
    I felt like it was implied within that scene that Stark had been kept running tests using what Scott gave him until the one we saw finally worked. It's never explicitly stated but I feel a decent amount of time must have passed since the team had to go find Hulk, design, build than begin testing their own device by the time Tony finally shows up.
    For the team to go meet Professor Hulk, build their own version than begin running test runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I felt like it was implied within that scene that Stark had been kept running tests using what Scott gave him until the one we saw finally worked. It's never explicitly stated but I feel a decent amount of time must have passed since the team had to go find Hulk, design, build than begin testing their own device by the time Tony finally shows up.
    For the team to go meet Professor Hulk, build their own version than begin running test runs.
    I don't know. This will require a home viewing for me but I think this part is a legitimate plot hole.

The time travel shenanigans all had a nice bow to wrap them all up and leave some open-ended questions to get people to come back.

The sudden ability to time travel well via Tony is the only part of the film that appears to be a plot hole to me because how can Tony be an expert on everything but still miss the little thing Ant-Man said?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    .The sudden ability to time travel well via Tony is the only part of the film that appears to be a plot hole to me because how can Tony be an expert on everything but still miss the little thing Ant-Man said?
    I dunno. I think if that's s plot hole then nearly the entire MCU is a plot hole. Instant amazing tech is what Tony does.

But yeah it's not like he just turned on the computer and suddenly knew. He'd clearly been trying lots of models for some time and hadn't been able to turn off his brain around this problem.