Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The ancient one’s warning was basically “if you take away the stone, my timeline is destined to die” which is Banner says “hey, if we return the stone shortly after it’s taken away than its nbd because the alternate timeline is essentially erased because it’ll play out the way it was always supposed to”.

And you may have an issue with the branches reality theory, but that doesn’t make what was done a plot hole so it’s irrelevant anyway.
    This is exactly how I saw it and the Russos interviews seem to line up with this. But I can see how people see it the other way after that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    This is exactly how I saw it and the Russos interviews seem to line up with this. But I can see how people see it the other way after that scene.
    exactly how I saw it too.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The problem I had with Endgame was that The Ancient One really made it clear that unless the stones were returned to their rightful places, alternate timelines would be created.

The subtext of that, to me, was "DON'T CREATE ALTERNATE TIMELINES!!!"
    No, she just said "don't create an alternate timeline where Dormammu destroys everything because the stone is missing."

Extraordinary Member

Been rolling something around in my head. When Thanos did the first snap....1/2 of the people got dusted. No matter where they were. On land, in a car, on a boat/ship, on a plane, etc... So when Hulk did his snap in Endgame everyone came back where they were. So did he basically drop thousands of people to their deaths? Drop them in the middle of the ocean? Put them right on a highway in speeding traffic?

How many people did Hulk kill by bringing them back.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Yeah pretty much but then the Russos disagree he was in the prime timeline which is crazy that the writers and directors disagree about time travel in this movie lol. I think when the sentimentality wears off ppl will admit some problems the movie had.
    I honestly don't care what the directors and writers believe. What's in the film is what's in the film. After the finished product is released it stands on its own regardless of what the directors or writers wanted to say.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I honestly don't care what the directors and writers believe. What's in the film is what's in the film. After the finished product is released it stands on its own regardless of what the directors or writers wanted to say.
    Also from interviews the Russos have done they are involved in crafting this story right from the beginning. Marcus and Mcfeely very well may have just been turning the Russos ideas into a coherent script. Especialy when it comes to the big stuff.

The ancient one’s warning was basically “if you take away the stone, my timeline is destined to die” which is Banner says “hey, if we return the stone shortly after it’s taken away than its nbd because the alternate timeline is essentially erased because it’ll play out the way it was always supposed to”.

And you may have an issue with the branches reality theory, but that doesn’t make what was done a plot hole so it’s irrelevant anyway.
    What's your opinion on Cap in the past? Do you think Steve living in the past did NOT create an alternate timeline? This seems not to be agreed upon because a lot of people think it did.

If it's not an alternate timeline, then Steve is kind of a dick for just dancing in the living room with Peggy for 60 years instead of contacting his fellow Avengers as they began their heroic careers and providing them with details as to what would happen.

Even being told it wouldn't change anything wouldn't stop the Captain America we all know from trying anyway. I can't believe he could just stay in the past and dance without his knowledge of the next 60 years taking a toll on him. He did seem toll-free and content when he handed over the shield, which basically means that, to him, as long as he had Peggy nothing else fazed him.

So, if he was in our timeline the whole time, then he just reappeared on the bench, not by time travel, but by just driving up to that spot on that day and time managing to sneak past everyone so he could sit on a bench and wait for everyone to discover him in a dramatic movie moment. Makes me laugh a bit, actually.

If he was in our timeline the whole time, I would have appreciated a line of dialogue where he voiced the desire to reach out to everyone to warn them of what was to come, but he knew that he couldn't. It's a part of his character that I feel should have been acknowledged.

What's your opinion on Cap in the past? Do you think Steve living in the past did NOT create an alternate timeline? This seems not to be agreed upon because a lot of people think it did.

If it's not an alternate timeline, then Steve is kind of a dick for just dancing in the living room with Peggy for 60 years instead of contacting his fellow Avengers as they began their heroic careers and providing them with details as to what would happen.

Even being told it wouldn't change anything wouldn't stop the Captain America we all know from trying anyway. I can't believe he could just stay in the past and dance without his knowledge of the next 60 years taking a toll on him. He did seem toll-free and content when he handed over the shield, which basically means that, to him, as long as he had Peggy nothing else fazed him.

So, if he was in our timeline the whole time, then he just reappeared on the bench, not by time travel, but by just driving up to that spot on that day and time managing to sneak past everyone so he could sit on a bench and wait for everyone to discover him in a dramatic movie moment. Makes me laugh a bit, actually.

If he was in our timeline the whole time, I would have appreciated a line of dialogue where he voiced the desire to reach out to everyone to warn them of what was to come, but he knew that he couldn't. It's a part of his character that I feel should have been acknowledged.
    I belive hes in another time line and he did some good.thats not his timeline. it's now his present so he can can change things in that time line.if Kang ever comes hopefuly we get Cap back and maybe hear about how his timelines different? Maybe he saved Bucky, there by saving his friend Howard Stark. But then does Tony ever become Ironman? I'm still more inclined to roll with the Russos and they're theory.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Talking

Unless they decide to tell that story, I don’t mind it being left vague.

If Cap was in an alternate reality, I’d like to think he used his knowledge of what’s to come to create an even better world that avoided most of the major mistakes of the prime timeline.

If Cap was always in prime timeline, I’d like to think he took up counseling (like Sam did prior to CA:WS or like he did during the 5 year gap). His fight might be over but he could spend the rest of his life helping people in other ways. He would know that he couldn’t change the major events of the future but it would allow him to stay true to who he is the entire time.

Astonishing Member

There is also the question of why they didn't use the Infinity Gauntlet again to bring back Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    There is also the question of why they didn't use the Infinity Gauntlet again to bring back Tony.
    Can you bring someone back from mortal injuries? The people we see brought back were snapped away. They didn't bring back the people Thanos killed manualy.
    Last edited by Midvillian1322; 05-11-2019 at 02:32 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I guess the problem is it's not standing on it's own. Fans are basically writing speculative fiction to explain endless questions and nobody can really agree what's in the film.

I guess the problem is it's not standing on it's own. Fans are basically writing speculative fiction to explain endless questions and nobody can really agree what's in the film.
    No, the problem is people ask questions and demand details that ultimately don’t matter.

The scene stands on its own just fine.

Extraordinary Member

No, the problem is people ask questions and demand details that ultimately don’t matter.

The scene stands on its own just fine.
    Eh,that's your opinion.

Eh,that's your opinion.
    I’m just saying, I don’t see anybody demanding to know how Wong & Strange organized the Avengers Army, how they found them all, how they even knew of some of them or how the **** Howard the duck ended up there.

Nobody asks because nobody cared. Everybody saw it, accepted it and moved on without blinking an eye.