Quote Originally Posted by Kintor View Post
Hey you're the one who decided to post those numbers in the first place, it's not my fault that the truth actually made your arguments look worse. People are tired of hearing excuses about mysterious extra sales channels that will somehow save Marvel, when these supposed windfalls never actually materialise into tangible gains. What we can see is that Marvel comics is down again, month after month, year after year, and management shows no sign of turning things around.
Folks are tired of hearing ENTITLEMENT fans whine and complain about stuff they lack full knowledge on.
What part of there are MULTIPLE ways to get a comic book or trade besides a comic book store is that hard to UNDERSTAND?

Lets look at an EXAMPLE
Miles Morales: Spider-Man#6 that came out today. If I wanted that issue HOW would I get it?

1) Kindle & comiXology for $4
2) Midtown Comics online $3.99
3) Ebay has 86 listings with prices ranging from $3 to $35
4) my comic book store for $3.65 via advance ordering or walking into the store
5) MARVEL SUBSCRIPTIONS-where you can get a year's worth of books for 40% off. The one I do.

OH what if I wanted the PREVIOUS issue-
6) Move Trading-where for Memorial Day they are doing buy 1 get 1 FREE.
7) Half Price books-where you get the books at half the price or LOWER and they are doing 20% this weekend.
8) COMIC CONS
9) AMAZON's marketplace.

Now lets add trades-
10) Barnes & Nobles-who LOL sales and discounts and coupons.

Excluding number 1 & 5-6 -you have your tangible data. Because SOMEONE had to BUY those products.
Movie Trading Post gets their comics wholesale from OTHER COMIC BOOK STORES. I would say from looking in all those bins DC has the bigger issue than Marvel.

Things are not fine and to pretend otherwise is a disservice to Marvel's heritage and failure of resolve in the face of a crisis.
So what is Marvel suppose to do about the other 9 different venues to get books? Because every other company is dealing with that too and their fans are NOT throwing fits about it.

What crisis? The crisis of the power of CHOICE by the consumer to buy the books at whatever place or price they want?
The crisis of folks CLAIMING to be fans think getting rid of books with POC, LGBTQ & women will increase sales?

Removing Miles Morales and flooding the market with more Peter Parker books does not negate those 9 other venues for books. Those 9 venues are more damaging to Peter than Miles. Because his stuff is there in BULK than Miles. You flood the market and guess what it's easier to get that stuff CHEAPER outside a comic book store.