Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
Yep. It is worse than this though. Uncanny is equally just filling space. It is literally tidying up some key characters to place them in the right position for a relaunch. Nominally there has been an ongoing story running in from Astonishing, but it’s not an important story.

The X-books have been a mess since Secret Wars. A few interesting titles but the flagship books just loose their way. Every attempt to sort the problem lasts a few issues and they change tack, so there is no clear ongoing narrative.
Unfortunately true. It's a real shame because some books I really enjoyed, like All New Wolverine, X Men Red and Generation X, get lumped in with the X verse as a whole and suffer for it. I was very excited for Hickman coming on board but the news that it's for limited series is a bummer for me. I'm sure I'll love the series but I would much prefer they just gave him two ongoings, got out of the way and made all other books work around his long term story. They were given a no brainer way to establish a long term vision and direction for the X books but didn't take advantage imo.