Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Quote Originally Posted by catbellysqueezer View Post
    You've never made a mistake at work?
    Not when the work is followed up by someone who is paid to check my work.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Maybe you should just go outside, buddy.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think the other channels are very important when looking at how to grow the floppy market, as feeder systems. Obviously floppies are not going back to corner stores. The trick is to convince someone to switch from buying a 200+ page book for $12 and start buying 20 page periodicals for $4. The growth in the other channels are a good sign.
    Not going to happen.

Marvel and DC properties are at the point of recognition of Santa Clause, Mickey Mouse, and so on now. But their most recognizable characters can't break 2000 units ordered? Nah, I'm sorry no other industry anywhere would buy or put up with that. The notion of it is purely bad business.
    Unlike GATORS and losers on Youtube with agendas or uneducated store owners-folks understand ONE SET IN STONE FACT-what YOU like is not what EVERYONE else likes.

Black Panther made a billion in theaters. As did Aquaman & Carol Danvers. That is NOT a green light to over order any of their books.

There are folks who don't see Black Panther-the billion dollar and Oscar winner, nor the franchise that is putting out more merchandise, nor the top selling POC on Amazon or what he has meant to black folks. All they see is a BLACK PERSON that is a THREAT to them and needs to be edited out of movies like Endgame and ruined by any means necessary.

Before you bring up Batman and the white privilege gang-whose stuff gets SHOVED in our faces no matter what. Go to stores (not just comic book stores) and see how much of that stuff is collecting DUST or packing clearance bins. Like all those copies of Boys 2 Men, Entourage, Friends and other so-called popular stuff.

Blade had 3 movies. His two tv shows did not last beyond 1 year. His last solo didn't make year 2.
    Cyborg & Storm are the faces of black heroes. Both have been seen in more tv shows, movies & products than anyone else of color. How long did their books last?

Star Trek has 12 films, 8 tv shows, 1000+ novels & 1000+ comics. Not ONCE has a Star Trek book had 100K orders. Not ONCE has IDW's Micky Mouse nor Ducktales comic had 100K. Oh what about Dr Who? Stranger Things had a comic and nobody except ME read it.

The reason why you are seeing a change in numbers is because folks are getting it-if you don't like it-go find something ELSE to read. Like what KIDS do.
    Because they saw an entitlement group harass and threaten Marvel employees for 2 straight years. Which you have to wonder how many fans did THEY chase off?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Maybe you should just go outside, buddy.
    I go out all the time. Just putting up a factual update.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    And that is the issue. Who ever edited this needs blow back from Marvel and whoever created needs to be sit down and instructed on why details are important at this level and in this business. If this cover made it to print Marvel could have had a Copyright lawsuit from their biggest competitor on it's hands.
    I don't even see what you're talking about. Whats the issue here?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GrandEleven View Post
    I don't even see what you're talking about. Whats the issue here?
    https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...0%2C8377522970

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    TY. So its a cover not even released yet. Thems the internet days. *shrug*

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Not going to happen.

Unlike GATORS and losers on Youtube with agendas or uneducated store owners-folks understand ONE SET IN STONE FACT-what YOU like is not what EVERYONE else likes.

Black Panther made a billion in theaters. As did Aquaman & Carol Danvers. That is NOT a green light to over order any of their books.

There are folks who don't see Black Panther-the billion dollar and Oscar winner, nor the franchise that is putting out more merchandise, nor the top selling POC on Amazon or what he has meant to black folks. All they see is a BLACK PERSON that is a THREAT to them and needs to be edited out of movies like Endgame and ruined by any means necessary.

Before you bring up Batman and the white privilege gang-whose stuff gets SHOVED in our faces no matter what. Go to stores (not just comic book stores) and see how much of that stuff is collecting DUST or packing clearance bins. Like all those copies of Boys 2 Men, Entourage, Friends and other so-called popular stuff.

Blade had 3 movies. His two tv shows did not last beyond 1 year. His last solo didn't make year 2.
    Cyborg & Storm are the faces of black heroes. Both have been seen in more tv shows, movies & products than anyone else of color. How long did their books last?

Star Trek has 12 films, 8 tv shows, 1000+ novels & 1000+ comics. Not ONCE has a Star Trek book had 100K orders. Not ONCE has IDW's Micky Mouse nor Ducktales comic had 100K. Oh what about Dr Who? Stranger Things had a comic and nobody except ME read it.

The reason why you are seeing a change in numbers is because folks are getting it-if you don't like it-go find something ELSE to read. Like what KIDS do.
    Because they saw an entitlement group harass and threaten Marvel employees for 2 straight years. Which you have to wonder how many fans did THEY chase off?
    The comicsgaters were clowns. Its just based on the reactionary right rubbish all over YouTube and social media.There’s no point in discussing them because they don’t read comics (because if they did, they’d know that comics have always been heavily political) and are fueled by misplaced anger. I’ve never seen a whinier group.

My understanding is that in the past, movies actually helped comic sales (like Batman ‘89) but that was a different time when other distribution avenues were thriving. I think Tom Brevoort actually confirm a while back that movies actually do move the needle but not much in the direct market. It’s not entirely surprising considering how straight jacketed the direct market has become in recent years. Retailers basically order what they “think” will sell and in many cases under order books that could find audience (a fantastic example was Motor Crush from a while back).

Which for me is just another reason for other sources of distribution to gain prominence. Marvel is doing fine in the direct market but given how huge their movies are, i can only imagine there are a number of people that want to get their product but can’t find a comic store anywhere close to them (I know I can’t).

The comics industry will hopefully move to a more sustainable model like the music industry in the face of changing tastes and format consumption. While superhero comics are pretty good at the moment, the distribution model just hampers the reach of the product.