Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Aslan vs Shuma-Gorath

Aslan from the Narnia books vs Shuma-Gorath from the MU.

Standard arena match.

Just...why?

What can Aslan possibly do here?

Cuz it's also an innuendo.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Cuz it's also an innuendo.
    Hmm, I don't follow. Which part is an innuendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Hmm, I don't follow. Which part is an innuendo?
    The

spoilers:
    Pussy getting destroyed by a tentacle monster.
    end of spoilers
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Don't cite the deep magic to me, monster. I was there when you were written."

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    Just...why?

What can Aslan possibly do here?
    Well, he's genuinely divine being who has enough magic/reality warping to create a whole world (Narnia), arguably an entire universe.

He should be able to put up some kind of fight at that level of magic/reality warping/power of creation.

Although it's possible Mephisto would have been a more appropriate Rumbles antagonist for him from among the Marvel demons.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 05-10-2019 at 09:07 PM.

You do not throw Aslan in a fight. It is pretty damn well clear in the Narnia books he is Jesus H Christ.

He roared a world into existence, knows how and why the Universe works. If pure Aslan and not Favles version Shuma is going down since the Holy Trinity is the main force of “our” reality which outdoes the stuff we create in story.

Quote Originally Posted by The Chou Lives View Post
    You do not throw Aslan in a fight. It is pretty damn well clear in the Narnia books he is Jesus H Christ.

He roared a world into existence, knows how and why the Universe works. If pure Aslan and not Favles version Shuma is going down since the Holy Trinity is the main force of “our” reality which outdoes the stuff we create in story.
    What I was thinking was, we've got Shuma-Gorath who consumes/subsumes universes into his own realm (if I recall correctly), and Aslan who roars worlds (universes?) into existence and knows all the secrets of space and time.

So I was curious as to how that match-up might turn out.

Let’s kust say Aslan is capable of not just creation but destruction too. For at the end of Time in Narbua books, he judges those to go to “ True Narnia” ( Heaven) or perish in the fire.

Given the Holy Trinity Thing squishy gets roasted. For such actions are high on the sinful catergory.

( The Ice Queen Witch, she killed her whole reality with a single word and he basically kept her around cause free will.)

Keep in Mind as Aslan conjures Narnia into existence the Witch tosses lamp post in a attempt to spear him in roaring mouth. As he roars it deflected due to power.

He also can counter transmutation as he freed the victims in her castle into more army for the show down on Lion Witch and wardrobe.

All I am hearing in terms of feats is that Aslan created a world and judged people at the end times. Classic Strange takes on beings like that without prep.

BANNED

Keep in Mind as Aslan conjures Narnia into existence the Witch tosses lamp post in a attempt to spear him in roaring mouth. As he roars it deflected due to power.
    Everyone knows that in times like those, a lamp post isn't going to cut it. Not unless you've attached some crazy Treknobabble to it. What you need is ....

Jokes aside though, what does Aslan have besides the Creation Roar? If Shuma Gorath literally eats universes, Aslan better have taken vocal lessons from Eric Adams because he'll be roaring for a good long time just to keep himself tentacle-free.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I'm reasonably sure being a Christ allegory doesn't get you a feats pass, or else Superman would be treated very differently. Heck, I don't think it gets actual Christ a pass on feats; we just avoid using him because citing real world religion leads to controversy.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

As he roars it deflected due to power.
    I thought it just bounced off his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    All I am hearing in terms of feats is that Aslan created a world and judged people at the end times. Classic Strange takes on beings like that without prep.
    And yet when I say stuff like that, people treat me suggesting creation powers without destruction is me being obstinate for arguing sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I'm reasonably sure being a Christ allegory doesn't get you a feats pass, or else Superman would be treated very differently. Heck, I don't think it gets actual Christ a pass on feats; we just avoid using him because citing real world religion leads to controversy.
    Well that and he was (mostly) a pacifist, so he wouldn't do well in fights anyway.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Thought it was cuz all of his feats are secondhand (or even further removed) retellings from folks who weren't there.

Arx Inosaan