Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Gendry vs Podrick (Game of thrones)

Yea that's right.

The Lord of Storms End! takes on the the squire of one of the greatest knights of westeros!

Pod gets his sword, Gendry gets his warhammer.

Who wins, who dies.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

I feel like Gendry should take this based on his participation in the Wight squad beyond the wall, but I guess technically Podrick similarly survived the undead hoards? That hammer also seems like it would be better against full plate than a sword, but I'm not sure Gendry even has armor, so that might be a wash.

Proooobably Gendry. Pod basically sucked until season 8.

He survived Winterfell but so did Gendry. Technically Hendry has slightly more experience based on capturing the Wight.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yeah, I'm gonna give it to Gendry, too. But hey, let's hear it for Podrick for gaining a level in bad-ass!

If nothing else, Gendry has the edge in stamina, having run a constant pace for several hours in the snow beyond the wall to Castle Black with all his gear in tow.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    If nothing else, Gendry has the edge in stamina, having run a constant pace for several hours in the snow beyond the wall to Castle Black with all his gear in tow.
    The ladies of Westeros disagree with your estimate of Pod having inferior stamina.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    The ladies of Westeros disagree with your estimate of Pod having inferior stamina.
    He can thrust, but he can't parry.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He can thrust, but he can't parry.
    He can parry men, as seen in Season 8 Episode 2.

Gendry is no man. He's Gendry.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Gendry is no man. He's Gendry.
    No, Eowyn is no man.

Does having "royal blood" mean anything in the GoT universe?
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Does having "royal blood" mean anything in the GoT universe?
    Depends who you ask.

Targaryen blood seemingly does... sometimes(see above)

but then they originally come from the Empire that had a **** ton of sorcery going on, random lord that manages to leads a rebellion likely doesn't. Unless you consider potentially crippling genetic deformities caused by incest to be a super power, cause Cersei's kid's probably had some degree of it

Extraordinary Member

Serious answer: IIRC Podrick has more formal training form his time with Brienne, with some side training with Bronn. But Gendry does seem to have more concrete feats so he probably takes it.

Alternative answer: Podrick offers some tips on how Gendry can woo the ladies in exchange for Gendry throwing the match. Gendry throws the match, gets the tips, tries them out on Arya who still rejects him and Gendry drinks his sorrows away. Podrick wins.

Didn't Podrick simply sing for those prostitutes so that's why they paid him?