Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
  1. #16
    Astonishing Member Güicho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own supposed "rule"
    Movie was a great, satisfying and fun end to the multi-film franchise, this isn't a complaint, just observation, about the "rule" they bothered to establish (and make a big deal about), then contradict.

    Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    ...lived a life with Peggy there and returned to the main timeline as an old man. He had the Infinity Stones with him, so doing that was possible,
    Whole point is he was returning (he had to return) all the Infinity Stones to where they belonged, so how did he still have them with him (as you say) after he aged, to "return" to the timeline.?

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well the directors say time Cap went to an alternate timeline and jumped back to the main one when he showed up to give Falcon the shield while the writers say he only went back in the main MCU timeline and aged normally.
    Not surprised. There is no agreement, cause the contradiction is in the film

    -
    Not sure why DC would now somehow be beholden or have to answer to what the MCU suposedly "redefined" , then didn't even follow themselves LOL!

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So given how the events of Avengers Endgame tries to redefine how we view Time travel: How will DC Comics react to this information going forward ?
    Marvel U didn't define that, the idea that theoretically going back in time would cause as new timeline has been around for a while.

    And again DC already had a Multi U, and Multiple timelines, this is nothing new.
    MarvelCU has really brought nothing that new to the table, other than a a bunch of clueless fans thinking everything started with MCU.

    And their big bad Thanos was a freakin wet blanket.
    Fun movies though, I enjoyed most of them.
    Last edited by Güicho; 05-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.

  2. #17
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really, why does anybody have to do anything because of some Marvel/Disney movie?

    Did Disney somehow gain control of the entire entertainment universe when I wasn't paying attention?
    Is this movie now required viewing for everybody punishable by fines and imprisonment or something?

    I'm sorry, but the idea that anybody else has to do anything because of a silly movie seems presumptuous to me.
    I wish I could get by without even hearing about Disney's Marvel's The Avengers 5: Endgame.

    I don't get the significance. It was fine, better than it should have been. Nothing really much to chew on.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 05-10-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  3. #18
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I wish I could get by without even hearing about Disney's Marvel's The Avengers 5: Endgame.
    I've heard about it but haven't seen it yet, and have no idea if/when I may eventually someday bother to see it somehow (or not).

  4. #19
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've heard about it but haven't seen it yet, and have no idea if/when I may eventually someday bother to see it somehow (or not).
    You're not missing anything.
    Follow your inner moonlight, do not hide the madness. -Ginsberg

  5. #20
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    90

    Default

    By returning the stones, doesn't that mean that the main timeline is basically restored (with the exceptions of Loki escaping with the Teseract in one timeline and Thanos and Nebula dying in another), and just because he lived a full life when traveling back doesn't mean that the Steve that originally existed then wasn't still frozen and thawed out decades later. So, it's basically the main timeline, so the "universe hopping" is a little overcomplicated.

  6. #21
    Titans Together!! byrd156's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Kansas City, MO
    Posts
    9,078

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I've heard about it but haven't seen it yet, and have no idea if/when I may eventually someday bother to see it somehow (or not).
    It's really awesome.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

    "In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

    "One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

  7. #22
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    DC doesn't have to give a flying fig about how Marvel decided to do time travel, the baseline for audience members will still be Back to the Future and/or Terminator. Endgame was good fun, but it ain't changing everything forever.

  8. #23
    Ultimate Member MajorHoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    18,550

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    It's really awesome.
    That's nice.

    Still not planning to see it, much like I haven't seen most Marvel or DC movies (unless I caught them on commercial cable TV or borrowed a DVD from a library).

    Last time I saw a DC or Marvel comic book hero-based movie at an actual movie theatre was probably Batman Returns when it was in its original release.

  9. #24
    Ultimate Member Ascended's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    11,790

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did Disney somehow gain control of the entire entertainment universe when I wasn't paying attention?
    Not quite, but they're getting there.

    Stupid Fox deal. We have anti-trust laws for a reason, gods damn it!
    Higher, Faster, Further....More.

    Truth, Justice, and a Better Tomorrow!

    Bridge Four!

  10. #25
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Really, why does anybody have to do anything because of some Marvel/Disney movie?

    Did Disney somehow gain control of the entire entertainment universe when I wasn't paying attention?
    Is this movie now required viewing for everybody punishable by fines and imprisonment or something?

    I'm sorry, but the idea that anybody else has to do anything because of a silly movie seems presumptuous to me.
    That day is coming. Hail Disney! Hail Mickey Mouse! OR ELSE,

  11. #26
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,645

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So given how the events of Avengers Endgame tries to redefine how we view Time travel: How will DC Comics react to this information going forward ?
    Hopefully nothing. The time travel in Endgame was a mess and created a whole bunch of plot holes. Russos and Feige frankly shot themselves in the foot with time travel.

  12. #27
    Fantastic Member Midnighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    451

    Default

    Is the topic of this thread a joke? If so I don't get it...

    Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Not quite, but they're getting there.

    Stupid Fox deal. We have anti-trust laws for a reason, gods damn it!
    Agreed.

    Unfortunately we also have corrupt politicians and corporate lobbyists with far too much money.
    Last edited by Midnighter; 05-11-2019 at 09:49 AM.
    # FIRE DIDIO #JUSTICE FOR WALLY WEST

  13. #28
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Except Cap went to the past and stayed aging, and ended up an old man in that same time line, where he was once a young man fighting along other others.
    So yeah he changed it.
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own supposed "rule"

    And DCU already had multiple universes and timelines, nothing new.

    Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well the directors say time Cap went to an alternate timeline and jumped back to the main one when he showed up to give Falcon the shield while the writers say he only went back in the main MCU timeline and aged normally.

    Time travel is always confusing and honestly who cares how it works? As long as it isn't terribly done and the adventure is fun that's all that matters.

    It seems the writers have the idea that Cap return to the past in the same timeline, but he has not changed the past at all. In other words, he has always been Peggy's husband (we've never seen Peggy's husband).

    The directos have the idea about alternative timeline.
    Last edited by Konja7; 05-11-2019 at 10:01 AM.

  14. #29
    Astonishing Member BatmanJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Based on the reactions I've seen. Many people have 'Back to the Future' deeply embedded as the main guide for time travel. The Gruenwald take on time travel-where traveling to the past only creates a parallel timeline concept-which the movie uses will take while to sink into the public's consciousness.
    It may be best known from Back to the Future but the concepts of time travel in those movies weren't original to those movies. Those were tropes that existed before then.

  15. #30
    Relic Seeker Pinsir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Ravnica
    Posts
    3,614

    Default

    This reminds me of another thread where someone made the claim that DC couldn't use Braniac anymore because of Ultron's appearance in Age of Ultron...you know that film that totally changed how we view AI and robotics! We also routinely get the same statements about DC not being able to use Darkseid anymore because of Thanos (whose character is generally agreed to have been ruined in Endgame) and really the concept of a cinematic DC universe.

    Time travel is such a ubiquitous trope in fiction that the idea that any medium can claim 'ownership' over it is ridiculous. Not only that, but the time travel elements of the film have received a lot of criticism too.

    I know a lot of fans of the MCU are riding high of the success of their franchise, but the cultural tremors of the MCU really are negligible and certainly do not reflect its box office success. Yes, Black Panther and Infinity War certainly created cultural ripples, but please, pretend every MCU film had had the same cultural impact as them.
    Want to read Wonder Woman stories, but don't know where to start? Check out my top 10 lists for Golden Age, Silver Age, Bronze Age and Modern Age Wonder Woman tales!

    I don't dislike the MCU films because they're Marvel branded, I dislike them because they're bad films.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •