Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    So given how the events of Avengers Endgame tries to redefine how we view Time travel: How will DC Comics react to this information going forward ?
    I think DC's model will stay the same. There could be many reasons. But what comes to my mind immediately is the origin of Flash. Reverse Flash goes back in time to kill Flash's mother. Barry's s origin is really tied up to this. And we all know how vital Flash is to the DC universe. Be it COIE or New 52.

So, i don't think MCU's idea of inability to change the present by time travel is going to come to DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I think DC's model will stay the same. There could be many reasons. But what comes to my mind immediately is the origin of Flash. Reverse Flash goes back in time to kill Flash's mother. Barry's s origin is really tied up to this.
    No, Barry's origin was hijacked by this.

from Showcase #4 (September-October 1956).

Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne) wasn't introduced until The Flash #139 (September 1963), about seven years later.

BANNED

how did that panel from showcase hijack Barry's origin? Don't you mean his origin was hijacked from this version to the post flashpoint version?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    No, Barry's origin was hijacked by this.

from Showcase #4 (September-October 1956).

Reverse Flash (Eobard Thawne) wasn't introduced until The Flash #139 (September 1963), about seven years later.
    I get what you are saying. But nowadays the origin involves Eobard Thawne in every medium. I don't like it. And i don't think its going away.

Like i said when an important character like Flash involves this kind of time travel, its going to stay.

Endgame isn't going to change how fiction uses time travel; every story/setting has its own rules for how it works based on the needs of the story. We're see new ones where the timeline can be altered at will, just like how Endgame wasn't the first fictional story where the past is set in stone and time travel only creates alternate universes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    how did that panel from showcase hijack Barry's origin? Don't you mean his origin was hijacked from this version to the post flashpoint version?
    What I was showing was the original origin story of Barry as The Flash came about well before Eobard Thawne was ever a character.
    Reverse Flash had nothing to do with Barry's origin / his reason for becoming The Flash for over 50 years prior to Geoff Johns deciding to change Barry's backstory because he (supposedly) needed angst! to become a superhero (or whatever the lame reason was).

So given how the events of Avengers Endgame tries to redefine how we view Time travel: How will DC Comics react to this information going forward ?
    I'd like to forget Endgame's version of time travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Except Cap went to the past and stayed aging, and ended up an old man in that same time line, where he was once a young man fighting along other others.
    So yeah he changed it.
    Stupid movie contradicted it's own supposed "rule"

And DCU already had multiple universes and timelines, nothing new.
    Exactly. In BvS, Flash comes from the future to warn of a possible timeline where Superman is an agent of Darkseid. Whether that future changed or not, we don't know. Marvel wasn't the first to deal with possible future timelines.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Well the directors say time Cap went to an alternate timeline and jumped back to the main one when he showed up to give Falcon the shield while the writers say he only went back in the main MCU timeline and aged normally.

Time travel is always confusing and honestly who cares how it works? As long as it isn't terribly done and the adventure is fun that's all that matters.
    The writers say no to that. Cap did not create a new timeline.

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    The writers say no to that. Cap did not create a new timeline.
    I know. Did you not read my post? I said what the directors said AND what the writers said.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

It doesn't, at least in my mind. The time travel element started simple, yet became convoluted at the end, to the point where the directors and producers of AE are trying to do damage control by explaining away the plot holes in their own narrative. Personally, the plot holes in the film did not dissuade me from enjoying the film, but the fact that the people who wrote the script are trying to have it both ways left a sour taste in my mouth a bit. "B+" (too predictable, and too "by the numbers").

Besides, ultimately, how DC defines time travel is whatever the publisher wants. Truth.